/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 19th:
1269 – King Louis IX of France orders all Jews found in public without an identifying yellow badge to be fined ten livres of silver.
1862 – The U.S. Congress prohibits slavery in United States territories, nullifying Dred Scott v. Sandford.
1865 – Over two years after the Emancipation Proclamation, slaves in Galveston, Texas, United States, are finally informed of their freedom. The anniversary is still officially celebrated in Texas and 41 other contiguous states as Juneteenth.
1944 – World War II: First day of the Battle of the Philippine Sea.

>News
EU4 DD16/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-16th-of-june-2016.948773/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5 - 18/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/cnjm4s
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/
bbc.com/news/magazine-31741615
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

reminder podcat is based

reminder to vote in the /gsg/ elections
poal.me/cnjm4s
poal.me/cnjm4s
poal.me/cnjm4s
poal.me/cnjm4s
poal.me/cnjm4s

B A S E D

Reminder to encourage bureaucrats and build steel factories.

Hey /gsg/ why are there no CURRENT DAY Grand Strategy games?

nth for carolus

There are, you dingus.

A R U M B A
R
U
M
B
A

why is there no official /gsg/ steamgroup or discord?

Is the latest HPM playable?

who would want to play with /gsg/?

yes

No, because a really important good during the Industrial Revolution, liquor, is no longer profitable. Alex Grandi got teased by the liquormemers and now has ruined the mod making it just another PDM.

I thought Alex didn't care about liquormemes and thread drama?

He started doing this before the shitposting and drama started

Play HPM or you'll be sued

Who should i play in the After the end mod? or is it shit?

Why did he make steel so profitable though? Was there any steelmemeing?

Californian warlord and unite the Empire.

>pops eat steel

I'm going to sue you for saying steel is a meme in MY mod!

>HISTORICAL mod project removed something historically accurate because a few memers made alex butthurt

i cant stop laughing lad

Should I go full on Administration?

Or go Military, I do have a dragon with 100 martial

>>pops eat steel

military

as someone who doesnt know that much about the GoT universe, can you explain the eastern continent to me? i know pretty much everything about the western continent.
also how good is the mod?

But seriously, does Alex really think that steel was a large scale, industrialized enterprise in the 1830s?

NAME ONE THING THAT IS BAD ABOUT HEARTS OF IRON 4 THAT ISN'T JUST >IT DOESN'T PANDER TO AUTISTS

Anyone know the name of this game? It looks strategy based

THE AI IS BUTTFUCK RETARDED AND THE BATTLE PLANNER IS AWFULLY DESIGNED

Superpower 2

Any mods that make the AI in HOI4 not fucking blow?

Google says Superpower 2

obviously rushed
dev team is gonna drop a shitty patch of glaringly obvious fixes that should've been in 1.0 then go on vacation

No

Thanks anons

there are almost no good mods mate

no hes just butthurt about the liquor meme being true

If Hitler was born in this century, he'd a weeaboo.

Supreme Ruler Ultimate is a better modern-day grand strategy IMO; Superpower has a really weak combat system, the economy has some functions that actually don't do anything, and the AI is annoyingly passive.

AI Research and Division Tweaks
Persia Rising

actually he'd be an edgelord

WHY IS THERE NO TRUMP MOD FOR HEARTS OF IRON 4?

MAKE FASCISM GREAT AGAIN

so did I kill hpm and therfore /gsg/? I wish to extend my deepest apologies

there's like 1000 trump mods made by butthurt leftists with an axe to grind lol

lmao nice one

Essos is the birthplace of Dragons and Valyrians

The Continent is home of the Free Cities like Pentos, Myr, Volantis, Lys, Tyrosh and Braavos

Essos is a land of mystery as there is a city of Warlocks; Qaarth. A land of a thousand princes and a God Emperor, known as Yi Ti.
Plains of the Dothraki Sea where roaming nomads of horsemen roam.
Asshai, home to the Shadowbinders and possibly home to the oldest dragon known.

Wanna enslave people and make money? Go to Slavery's Bay. Slaver's Bay houses the three great slave trade nations; Meereen, Astrapor and Yunkai. New Ghis is a Kingdom trying to reclaim it's former glory after the destruction of its ancient Empire thousands of years ago at the hands of the Valyrians burning and enslaving everyone.

And a country island of Dwarves and fucking fish people

Mod is pretty great. Silly shit happens a lot.
I also use Colonize Valyria to rebuild the lost Freehold Empire that was destroyed after the unknown event called the Doom of Valyria.
Valyrian Freehold ruled all the land these three owned with the power of Thousands of Dragons.

you made him butthurt enough to make liquor not profitable (historically inaccurate)

He said he reduced the price at the request of someone who thought liquor being more expensive than clothing didn't make sense
Not that shitposters like you would care about the facts anyways

Liquor is still profitable though, it just isn't a player-exclusive good anymore
If you think it's historically inaccurate, just bring it up to him backed up by your sources
He's pretty reasonable if you source your stuff

WHY IS THERE NO INDUSTRIALIZED PROSTITUTION IN VICTORIA 2?

t.alex grandi

>ww2 simulator
>doesn't even have Blitz battle plan
>the rest of the world is static and plain as fuck

hello r&i

clothing is easily cheaper than commercial liquor

What if that's not HPM but just a random Brazilian?

hello alex

It is a random brazilian, but that doesn't matter anyway, the objective is just to shitpost and try to kick him out

>implying Trump is fascist

>it just isn't a player-exclusive good anymore
>actually falling for alex grandi's "editing the hard coded AI meme"

cause ur mom wasn't born yet

Where is portrait user

Go play the mod and see for yourself

thats because blitz is a tactic not a war plan. not everything in war is just blitz blitz blitz..
also im pretty sure if you disable historical focuses more stuff would happen around the world.

t. armchair general

rare trips confirms

wew
Fuck off back to your steamgroup

I'm not a member of any group, memespouter

I did, and it's now player exclusive not because of any coding wizardry by HPM, it's because demand has been slashed (so le historical) and the AI produces more than enough to meet demand even at the start.

sure thing buddy

They would be way too skewed by the developer's politics. Playing Shadow President with the same strategy as when you play Democracy 3 would probably get you nuked, assassinated, and voted out of office all at once.

yeah by Blitz i mean an aggressive AI
just like in hoi3

generic nations don't have focus that give casus belli, and by 100% wt, every war = join Allies na draw half the world into war against you

Auschwitz: Former Concentration Camp Guard Sentenced to 5 Years for Being Accessory to Murder
Reinhold Hanning, 94, was sentenced to five years in prison Friday after he was found guilty of being an accessory to the murder of more than 170,000 people, primarily Jews, during the Holocaust.

kek

So bring it up to him the sources that back up what you are saying

>the AI produces more than enough to meet demand even at the start.
You sure didn't play it though, but nice try anyway

I feel like one of the things that's really badly represented by HoI4 is just how hesitant countries were to go to war post-WW1. Everyone remembered the great war, and nobody was looking for more war. Having that represented would lead to much more real interactions between nations.

well if you saw the last dev diary they are making AI more aggresive where they can "aggressively" execute battle plans
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

>start building up my new navy to smash the corrupt liberal democratic countries
>when selecting new ships to build accidentally leave the location on auto
>wonder where my new ships are
>they deployed to the black sea
>there isnt even a land route connecting to berlin
>can't get pass istanbul striaght because a positive opinion doesn't mean friendly

My only option is to declare war on turkey and draw the allies into the war against the commies and start the world war.

What a feature paradox.
Bravo
R
A
V
O

Doesn't matter if I have the entire fucking Library of Congress to cite, he'll just push it away as " well le units in vic 2 are abstract so it doesn't matter xd"
>You sure didn't play it though, but nice try anyway
>posting in 3 months in when the economy is still adjusting
Nice fucking reddit post, me lad.

>still adjusting
The economy stabilized in that number

>Doesn't matter if I have the entire fucking Library of Congress to cite, he'll just push it away as " well le units in vic 2 are abstract so it doesn't matter xd"
So you don't have anything to prove that demand should be bigger, just your opinion

beer factory that takes timber, iron, and grain when?

WHERE ARE MY MACHINE PARTS

REEEEEEEEEEE

I'm just sitting here staring at this map with no idea where to even begin. The Japs sank fucking four of my BB's at PH and several are heavily damaged. I decided one was gonna have to be repaired in dock but left on the rest on readiness because I'm worried they're gonna come back for more knowing how badly they crippled us.

Game looks fun as fuck I just have no idea where to begin.

>making it so people need to support almost all industries within their nation
b-but my single good economy

wtf I hate Johan now

wew
>So you don't have anything to prove that demand should be bigger, just your opinion
bbc.com/news/magazine-31741615
>In 1830, consumption peaked at 7.1 gallons a year
yeah it's all opinion
everything that goes against the messiah grandi's word is opinion

>In 1830, consumption peaked at 7.1 gallons a year
So how many units should that be in game?
How many gallons does that represent in game?

I knew you'd fall back on this argument. Good thing it has absolutely zero relevance here. I'm not suggesting raising it or tweaking it or anything, I'm suggesting keeping it at the vanilla fucking value because that's the only one that makes sense here. HPM decided to lower it, so you should be asking him that question because clearly he fully understands all the abstract measurements here.

holy shit alex grandi btfo

If demand peaked in 1830, before liquor factories started popping up, wasn't that domestic demand met by pre-industrial brewing?

Why would there be large demand and profitability from something that peaked before the game starts?

>Good thing it has absolutely zero relevance here
>Demand should be higher, look how alcoholic americans were
>How much higher then, how we translate that to game numbers
>That has no relevance

If you can't establish that you can't argue demand is wrong, can you ?

>because that's the only one that makes sense here.
>it makes sense that everyone should be as alcoholic as the americans
>in abstract units
>a single good economy makes sense

Demand in the US, he's trying to argue the whole world was as alcoholic as the US and that vanilla, somehow, translated that in realistic numbers with abstract units

"Arumba is mediocre and will never get good" -Marco Antonio

What did he mean by this?

It peaked in the 1830s but after that it was still high.
Holy fuck you retard, demand shouldn't be higher, demand should be status quo. I don't know why HPM lowered the demand of liquor, it has to be for a historical reason because it's HISTORICAL project mod, so you ask him how he was able to get the whole abstract measurement thing down and translate that into the lowered the demand.
Pic in is British alcoholic consumption. They consumed even more.

alex grandi btfo once again

>demand should be status quo
Because somehow paradox translated US demand numbers in the game units and that was perfect?

> so you ask him how he was able to get the whole abstract measurement thing down
I'm not the one arguing that vanilla got the thing perfect am I?

You are arguing that he made a mistake and vanilla was right, but you didn't bring anything to back it up

So explain how a single good economy makes sense?

If (only) Czechoslovakia guarantees Poland, but it capitulated, do I risk getting dragged in the Axis war if I invade?

You can't claim it should be status quo unless you can show that the global trend for liquor was mass undersupply, because that's what vanilla tends towards.

I don't know that HPM's changes fixed it, but the vanilla liquor behaviour was shitty.