/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- Are you an Early Bird or more of a Night Owl? The next NA Splatfest begins on June 24th, 9 PM PST!
- Travel the World has won the latest EU Splatfest!
- Team Bamboo Shoot has won the latest Japanese Splatfest!
- New Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July! The Squid Sisters amiibos are to let you watch them dance and perform music.
- The Squid Sisters will be performing at Japan Expo in France on July 8th! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/737935306075185152

> FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Official NA Tumblr
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Marrying Callie!

Friends with Octarians!

>Making the thread early to avoid another Callie OP.
I'll allow it.

2nd stage seems like it hurts

What other sorts of weapons could we see in a sequel? We've got rifles, SMGs, snipers, hammers, swords, shotguns, gatling guns, proximity rocket launchers; what more could they add?

>No mines, no grenades, no airstrikes, no sound guns, no bazooka

>The earlier we make the threads the longer the Octoposter is stuck filling up the last one out of courteous autism

>Carbon deco on your team on Port
>instead of throwing out a seeker for your team to roll out he rolls top right

just

Alpha: We have a Dynamo Roller
Bravo: We have a Zink Mini Splatling.

All hail the Queen.

Glory be to Night Owls.

I don't know why Japan hates Mushrooms so much, but they got WRECKED.

Grenade launchers, bows, crossbows, mines you can activate yourself, flamethrower, med kits; say a beakon that heals any friendly allies near it as if they were swimming in ink

Still quite a lot they can do. I'm more interested in new specials and subs than main weapons.

But it made Callie cry again, which is always adorable, so it's okay.

>didn't get the knockout
so close

This splatfest generated some cool art.

>daddy
This has to be C-

There are four Octoweapons dummy, they're the giant bosses that you fight in each area.

Close
C+

Sure did. I still don't get why they took this one so seriously though; I guess these brands are like their Coke vs Pepsi.

Oh yeah about that licking thing...

you people are animals

why did your teammates every respawn? did your whole team dc?

>That exposed sideboob
Hnng

One disconnected at the start. I think the other two rage quit or disconnected

>But it made Callie cry again, so it's okay
Are you proud of this sentence?

>I don't know why someone kicked user in the balls.
>But it made him reel in pain, which is always adorable, so it's okay.

Come now, you can't win all the time.

A Jetpack!

Shoot to activate. Your woomy would jump and hover if on the ground, or just hover if airborne.

You fly at swimming speed, but take a second or so to accelerate. Sharp turns, upward boosts with the jump button (can't gain height), but turning backward is slow.

You'd leave an airbrush-esque ink trail. Your speed affects coverage; slower for more consistent, thorough trails, or faster for patchy.

Tapping the trigger instead of holding would trigger a dash/charge. 60 damage for a direct hit on an enemy squid, 35 and minor pushback for a near miss.

When flying, you can either release the trigger to just drop to the ground, or release and press to divebomb at a downward angle.

Would such a weapon be viable? It'd be kinda bad at inking, but really good at crossing enemy ink and being a disruption. you'd have to aim upward to hit a jetpack woomy that's zooming around in your ink/territory.

Which sub and special would you give this to make it work?

Stop

Forgot to mention, you press and hold to stay airborne, and your height is set to the apex of normal jump height. No loop-de-loops all over the sky, as cool as that'd be.

Who doesn't find sad girls cute? If Callie was happy all the time she wouldn't be as perfect as she is.

I mean, okay, say it's cute or whatever
But to _revel_ in something making Callie cry because it's "cute"?
That's really fucked up

>These Early Bird/Night Owl bants
Good shit, feels like a return to form

She isn't often drawn that way, I'll take what I get.
I'd go as far as to say she's drawn happy too often. So rarely sad, angry, afraid, sorry...

That's hardly the same thing
Liking someone drawn sad and saying you like something for making someone sad are very different

>bee comes to shit the place up again
epic memes

Okay, I do want to see Callie sad. So I can make her feel better.

Just bee his friend

That's nice

>make a new thread early when there's no discussion
>no discussion in the new thread
>people resort to SS posting to save the thread
>only 13 IPs

This image is very very big.

FOR
YOU
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

If you posses discussion you consider meaningful, feel free to bring your offering to the table.

That's okay. I'll save it for the discord. Nice to see that this thread is dead though. Discord really did kill /ink/.

>I'm more interested in new specials and subs than main weapons.
This. They're current system has held them back from creating any new Subs and specials without completely uprooting the kits of already established weapons.

Alright seeya.

>Would such a weapon be viable?
Everything's viable.
It would be gamebreaking in some cases with everyone else able to easily super jump to the jetpacker and the jetpacker being able to reach areas other team members couldn't normally reach.

Except for what you just posted, that's a recipe for the absolute worst weapon in the game.

>your height is set to the apex of normal jump height
Moray Towers here I come.

So the Japanese Splatfest results was basically Cats vs. Dogs?

>1.29 MB
That's hardly big at all.

Until it's in the hands of a pro.

It's also very crappy

A pro wouldn't purposefully ruin their chances of performing.

Minus the salt.

Can someone post some angry Callie pics?

Oh please, Cats n Dogs was sweet compared to the amount of salt for this one. Japs took this fest crazy seriously.

Pros love a challenge.

They exist

No, pros ensure their victory no matter what. Using an Inkbrush with nothing else gets in the way of that.

8x inkoming!!!

How much Ink Saver Main/Sub do you guys use? Just enough extra to get a kill?

They will just make sure to choose more balanced themes next time
Nobody likes mushrooms apparently

I use good weapons instead

No, true pros love to push themselves to be the very best and master new things.

Do they have a chart like that for Splattershot Pro and stuff?

Nobody liked Octopus either and we still got 6x.

Ha, so they sample the Zinkbrush, instantly realize how terrible it is, even though they could've figured that out by looking at it, and use something else.

I want to slap the sass out of Callie

Yes, I found these on the Splat Bomb wiki page

Oh well, their loss. Someone else would take up the challenge.

And they would essentially grief their own team by being entirely useless.

Seriously stop this; put that setup on a more reliable weapon such as a shooter, see N-Zap, and it may be credible. Inkbrush is too shit by itself. You might as well try playing with the Nuoveau and never use your sub or special.

And these are with the latest patch data? Thanks

>Seriously stop this
After you.

Let's stop together. You stop sperging about your horrible idea, and I'll stop sperging about how horrible your idea is.

seems like it, I don't think 2.8.0 changed ink saver or base ink usage on weapons

didn't they patch the SSPs ink consumption at one point

No

>when you send someone a friend request after Splatfest and they still haven't answered one week later

didn't your momma ever tell you not to make friends with strangers