/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Industridition

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

rem-projects.nl/wordpress/?p=6
youtube.com/watch?v=20CNeKa3QYE
youtu.be/pOLVduVdjIM?t=681
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, are we supposed to post in this thread or what?

Yes, this one has REM

REM Get me a working Linux version dammit

Third for CLANG

best

Posting unrelated REM
>rem-projects.nl/wordpress/?p=6

KRAAAA

Best what?

I bought a 4-pack of MAV and have an extra key for you guys if anyone is interested.

what kind of game is MAV?

You build custom robots from the ground up and fight with them. It's a Chromehounds clone/spiritual successor.

Sounds interesting, post the key, i'll try it when i finish work

It requires registration at Bombdogstudios but once you activate the key you are given a Steam key as well as the DRM free version of the game.

MAV-66AF8-71GOW-5781T-5353S-V4O4N

How long until Keen fixes the night time textures again, I miss my nights looking like this and not like every tree has a small amount of glowing goo on them

Thought I'd see if I can build my forklift even better.

Using electric motors instead of controllers now. It's an ass as anything that needs to reverse needs the joints doubled, and where the speed has to double relative, it needs another joint per direction. So between the upper and lower arm has 4 joints in it.

Done, thanks m8

>MISSED IT AGAIN

MAV-TK302-SOJDD-9HP2U-X94Q3-G74UE

No you didn't m8.

THANK YOU BASED ADOLF

>Earthquakes are the planet gentling CLANGing

Would a kind user happen to have another mav code?
It looks fun.

It's not.

Nothing is fun, that's why we're /ded/

WICH JEJ IS THE TRUE ONE

Maybe

This.

Is this the Emperor of Dune troop transport?

>notice the other hole on the other side, so you can dual wield

I wanna make a small /egg/ game like factoryidle. What should I make it about?

Bioclang

This thing?

Make it about making ded games

Go further: make it about making a game company that produces ded games with shitty coding

Elaborate.
I'm feeling productive, not creative.

I have another idea.
You are CLANG, but you're not in our dimension. In order to gain a foothold here, you need to manifest yourself in voxel games, and to do that, you need to haunt game companies that produce those games.

FUND IT

You have to make the most efficient shitposting machine

>the most efficient shitposting machine
You need to create a /s4s/ machine

How am I supposed to play Adventure Mode in FTD? Is it worth it? I just want to go on comfy single-ship adventures.

int main ()
{
while(1)
{
cout("AAAAA");
}
}

>mfw found filk music

Guys, what ya all expect life to be in 2050s? 2070s? 2100s?

Spam isnt the same as shitposts

>How am I supposed to play Adventure Mode in FTD?
You need to have over lv.100 character skills,
> Is it worth it?
Not yet

No, House Atreides one. Looked exactly like the

Why is Garrys Mod still in the OP

Just as shitty as it is nowdays

>Game about building the ultimate shitposting machine
>Each 'level' has outshitting a certain group as the objective
>Australia is the final boss
>In the end, it becomes the machine shitposting against itself for all eternity after humankind is gone from the Earth

You, sir, are an optimist.

Nice.
Similar to this, however you keep working on the same shitposting machine, and the levels are actually tiers you have to achieve.
Instead of shitposting against itself it shitposts against other people's shitposting machines

>In the far future, ayylmaos find post human earth. It has ruins from an old civilization, nothing worth of mention except a weird machine.
>They plug it somehow into their database, and it shitposts the full galaxy at faster than light speeds.
>In a paralel dimension, CLANG sheds a tear

>In one glorious moment, after countless thousands of years of battling itself, the shitpost machine ascends beyond the 127th level of irony and achieves godhood in a stream of incomprehensible memes and swearing only it can comprehend

>127th
>not 1337th

>le 1337 meme
CLANG yourself

>145892394
How about doing space trebuchet?

Remember forks, to keep the whole thing balanced, rotate in another axis at the base of it so it can push the weight a little to the back.
Aside from that is pretty good solution.

>there are three /egg/ threads

youtube.com/watch?v=20CNeKa3QYE

Is it me or did he change the struts.

Also how come they abandoned this style.

youtu.be/pOLVduVdjIM?t=681

11:21

Clearly way more TRON than what should be the current version, bright outlines with black inside.

Also if there's a model that should be changed it's the gun model because it looks like a tube with the weirdest cap on at 8:49

Why not just make it look more like a small tank turret instead of a big gun on a swivel joint.

I'm talking about the rear, it's just so weird for a big gun. Make it an oscillating turret or something, a nice rear structure instead of that pen cap on the back. Or make it a fully detailed breech, you already have shell casings.

>the bait thread caught another one

every thread

Whos making that noise.

forgot to post actually, made a much simpler solution.

doesn't have the tipback though and needs to be more powerful. Might try ganging joints for more torque by use of the weld tool.

but klaus, haven't you forgotten something?

This looks so exciting!

Nice.
Another solution on the crates or bases is put some physical way to stack them without sliding and also to align them.

multithread posting

(Cross-thread)

Hi. Yeah, we did change the struts and weapons' texture but the struts and weapons are going to be reverted to the way they were.

>Also how come they abandoned this style.

We didn't, I promise. Only the armored plates and other non-functional things will be grey and flat and boring.

So when you crack another player's ship open its like a pretty pinata of satisfaction.

>Also if there's a model that should be changed it's the gun model because it looks like a tube with the weirdest cap on at 8:49

Looks much better with the tron aesthetic. A lot LOT better.

Here's the 120mm autoloader in the webm.

Working on it. Dev hell, small market, little focus on the harder game mechanics, no good physics engines

No, its the physics and physics alone. CLANG is powerful stuff.

PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT MY GAME WITHOUT ME JAMMING IT DOWN THEIR THROAT I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

a stack of three of those was its previous limit.

been working on the power, and now it can lift my old forklifts. A happy side effect is as I'm using more joints to do this set in one direction only, it's acting like a brake for the single downward joint, making it a lot more controlled.

>forgot the webm
FUCK

I just want to make a ship and pilot ship
if only corneroids had gotten a few more mechanics before Mikko dissolved into the european workforce

>install MAV
THE ROCKET SPAM IS REAL
YES

that looks nice user

>install MAV
I can't get past the logging screen, it stays logging in forever

>rocketspam

you better be making some sick reload animations for chainguns and energy weapons

Through Steam or the standalone version from the website?

MAV is a buggy piece of shit that's been in solo-development for years and already had a Kickstarter, it can fucking die.

Steam

Can't you just cheat on the smaller caliber guns by making them look chain-fed from a box.

Also how would you balance weapons? Robocraft/MAV where redundancy wins because if you lose your gun/thruster to easy you're dead or more realistic like a tank with 1 main gun or a jet with 1 main engine

Are you using your login info from your bombdogstudios account?

Your best bet might just be to email the developer, he gets back to people within an hour usually.

Yes, i use the same login

Oh hell yes. Idunno about lasers though. Might just be a capacitor swap or something, Evangelion style.

Thank you user.

Small things like a 0.50cal machine gun (ha!) could be belt fed rather easily, correct. However, the larger the thing, the slower we generally want it to reload.

Everything is going to be balanced around cost. You can have a ship that is a cockpit welded to a machine gun with some maneuvering thrusters, or a massive box with thirty thousand redundant engines and thrusters, but really shitty armor because you spent all your money on spinners for your thrusters or some shit.

The cockpit and minigun is going to have a massive maneuvering and dodging advantage, so I'd put my money on him.

Everything you add makes you heavier and more expensive, so its a slipery slope of

>no armor, so you die
>add armor
>now you're fucking slow
>die
>add thrusters
>now your shit is too expensive for most people to fight you and you need to calm down
>sudoku

The players are going to do the balancing for us. Hopefully. If it becomes an issue we'll put our foot down and force people to use a realistic system.

Seriously, doing indirect with the quad rocket tubes is really, really fun
If only the game didn't chug, area saturation bombardment confirmed for meta

Where do I download this rem game? The website in the op is just a blog or something, no download links.

is avorion dead

The demo is only out, early access isn't until august. I think people are avoiding it to not get burnt out on it before its even out.

I remember a download for very very early versions, i dont know now.
what do you think?
its the 5th? or the 6th egg game?

IT
ISNT
EVEN
BORN
YET

>ded without beiong born
It has a fitting name.

You guys like THICK treads?

>tfw Besiege is the only /egg/ that can do treads as seperate bodies

except maybe Gmod....

THICK
H
I
C
K

>Oh hell yes. Idunno about lasers though. Might just be a capacitor swap or something, Evangelion style.
You could have chemical lasers that vent gas and replace the cartridge or just have electrical lasers that vent coolant. Maybe both.

>put block on joint
>put wheel on joint
>use welding to make decent suspension
F U N

Hey REManon, I'm listening to some more of your stuff. You two make for some interesting conversation. Also you have a sexy voice.

Are you a seasoned /egg/er? Or did you just stop by recently so show off your sweet sexy game?

Will gimbaled guns have some lowered stats or downsides compared to their fixed counterparts? Or will the added gimbal mechanism just cost more?
Besides what you've already mentioned, are there any more weapon types planned?
What about utility modules?

Show me those THICK spess boats, /egg/

Who wants thick spessboats when you can make compact cute spessboats?

>tfw piratefag
>tfw gothic fleet has no orkz campaign only edgy empire
Fuck my life