/twg/ - Total War General

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

warhammer is shit

Someone actually did it

I really thought the general wouldn't come back. It's deader than ever. TWWH really killed it.

This

Fantasyfags killed /twg/

>tfw Attila's main menu theme will never be topped

why even live

WHAT MOD WAS IT!? I DON'T RECOGNIZE IT!

trom3

Its finally fucking over

I don't get it, I don't browse here but how would this happen?

nth for Romans get fucked.

After this battle Italy is pretty much under Macedonian control

darthmod

And those fags are actually trying to force their shit meme

Good job /twg/

CA put your ass in charge of deciding the next setting for Total War. What setting?

last thread died, no news from CA, not even some foot notes on the patches.

People are losing interest. Can TW:W bounce back from this?

Rome 2 drew in all the newfaggots 2bh. The kind of people that might have touched a few total war games prior to Rome 2 and keep going on about "REMEMBER ROME 2". They experienced the Rome 2 shitstorm and call themselves Total War veterans.

Inbade Norzga :DDDD

This week they will announce new stuff, right?

There is a tournament on their twitch channels. That is something I guess.

ye

Don't count on it

kek, no. This game is ded ded, CA is done with it.

no sound

It hasn't been out for even a month yet? Can you explain your reasoning?

>macedon
>not epiros

People are retarded.

Literally 0 (zero) news since release

Bitch what are you talking about?

We're more popular than we've ever been.

you're joking right ?

Do video games usually have a lot of news before the first month? Normie here.

Dead games usually don't

Do you guys reckon I can take this umgi cunt?

>GW

For what purpose?

>Ironbreakers
yeah.

Been playing Chaos Warriors. Going alright but it's reminding me how shit I am at chariots. Couldn't figure them out in Rome either.

So how the fuck do Chariots work in these games? How do you use them right? They keep getting stuck in melee and having their asses kicked. It's confusing me.

For that matter, what are the rules governing peeling a unit out of melee in general? When I try to get my cavalry out of melee they tend to have a few members get stuck.

We've got an entire trilogy coming mate, plus that massive FreeLC cycle and the Lord Packs/Campign packs and everything else.

Far from dead, be patient.

Yes, but chasing those hell canons Is going to be a bitch

>/twg/ has a spike in popularity when warhammer is released
>Goes down to more than average levels when everything dies down.
>Retards act surprised.

You think everybody who ever visited the general when Warhammer released would stay?

We're live again, playing against Final Fantasy general.

www.hitbox.
tv/the4c
hancup

FUCKING ANTIOCHUS CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT

>>Goes down to more than average levels when everything dies down

Exept that's wrong

All the shitposting pre and post TWW made a lot of people leave for good

YES

Chariots suck, end of story

That's quite a specific claim, what is your evidence for this?

The last thread had 184 unique ip's, in the post-Attila /twg/ it was around 70/50 by the time the thread died.

Chariots are micro heavy, the trick is to keep giving move orders through units right after the charge so they can bull through

In order of preference:
>age of discovery
>empire 2
>bronze age

heh
I was kind of figuring it was a micro heavy thing. So is part of my issue that my orders are letting it lose momentum? So it's getting stuck in the middle of an enemy unit?

I've tried giving it a move order through but not a charge followed by a move order. I'll try that out.

Race to Africa

I'd love a bronze age setting, so underused in videogames in general.

>shit age

Nah, kill yourself.

do you like empire i like empire

This doesn't mean shit and you know it.

Before it used to be 70 people actually posting content, sharing campaigns and discussing them
Now it's 184 people shitposting or posting once in the thread, and most of the time the post is unrelated shit just like I'm doing now

That's not the point we were discussing. My argument was that /twg/ is more popular, which you disagreed with me on.

Now you're saying that me proving the original point doesn't count, because the popularity resulted in decreased quality.

I'm currently rank 311 on the ladder anyone here higher than that? just started friday and I still haven't hit challenges besides this one random rank 60 player I've been matched against twice. I bet I could easily break the top 100. Time to start streaming I think.

BY SIGMAR, NO!

HE DID IT

No i don't like empire because the fucking Demigryphs are too fucking cheap for how fucking powerful and fucking versatile they are. Fuck the Empire and fuck everyone in it.

Actually you're right
I lost track of the argument because I was browsing other shit

Sorry user

how the fuck did that one unit take out 1k guys while not even losing half its health and how is there another unit which didn't do anything at all.

>this is what S2babbies actually believe

what are you talking about

It's ok I do that a lot too, no point being angry against someone who apologises.

Is there anything Rome 2 does better than Attila?

this is beautiful

The setting.

Helo do you lik the lady?

You seem to specifically forget that many here shared campaigns and discussed the game when warhammer came out

It'll be very hard desu. Those hellcannons wreck low numbered elite units, and dwarfs can't really take them out, because all of their artillery has shorter range for some reason. Also, unless you corner camp dealing with those knights will be a nightmare. Charges in this game disrupt your formation so much, that most of the time cav just sends your screening units flying and gets right into your ranged.

the ai is literally retarded and sent 70% of its troops down one lane. The troop that did nothing was guarding a different lane that the ai decided it didnt need to use (pretty much I forgot about him).

The setting, still subjective tho

tfw I like attila's setting more

how scandalously surreal to see two signs of the sire of sickness sitting here 'side the scintillating, suave, supreme son of Slaanesh

then use this
youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
This guy gets all the pussy in Mongolia

What do you like in Attila's setting exactly ?

Just curious

So in terms of gameplay Attila is strictly superior? I still don't understand how they released a gutted game and only a year later another one with more intricate province management and family options.

The warhammer total war ladder. You can see your rank on the leader board

Currently rank 311 out of 19,000

cannons will kill you

maybe

I like both settings but Rome has the comfy setting and Attila has the EVERYTHING IS SHIT AND WILL GET SHITTER passive that is NOT comfy unless you play as a Sandy.

>Playing on a potato and making the Geld Prince's hair look like it's been crayon'd on

SLAANESH FORBIDS THIS

If only Gyros would actually do some damage.

Then play attilla for hist and warhammer for fun?

what is the meloncat meme?

Archaon was a Turk

more tww meems

They listened to feedback, it wasn't the first time they've released a game that was superior in every way gameplay wise just a year after another, Napoleon is basically Empire but not shit on release and improved greatly.

Play whatever setting you prefer for History, Rome II has some mods that fix some things.

Tripfag modder

oh shit nigga. I'm 149.

get on my level, i guess. Damn.

I don't have Attila, I was really pissed when they released that shortly after the fucked up Rome 2.

Just looking at videos about it though and like I said it seems to do everything better although I hate how the game looks, there's something off about it.

>ffg is crushed
time to sack their general

>tfw I like attila's setting more
you are not alone user

There is nothing more comfy than Shogun 2 with MoS.

he is the asian Jack Black

I'll see you soon I've only been doing multiplayer matchs since friday. Do they get Harder when you get near the 100's? I still win 7 out of 8 matchs I play.

Haven't tried master of strategy, it good? I might look into it when I finish/get bored of my current TROM campaign

fuuug, I am only 1163, havent played all that much MP

I wish MoS didn't add so many new factions.

>those turn times

Once again too late, but
>Rollan!

Is TW multiplayer fun?
I've mostly had shit internet until recently so haven't really had a chance to try it out.

The progression is slower thanks to more limited armies and a much larger amount of provinces available but you actually get the feeling of carving out a domain for your clan instead of just landgrabbing entire regions in one go.

Its a bunch of little tidbits I really found interesting during the era, like the history behind characters like Alaric/Stilicho, Attila/Aetius and Attila's rise to power and the lead up to the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains. Or how Alaric sacked Rome because of the sheer incompetence of the Roman emperor

That said, I knew nothing about Attila's era prior to its release. Playing the game really made me dig the era

they could totally make a HBO series with Attila/Aetius' backstory

Sounds good. Might just chuck my current playthroughs and delete all the mods and get it.

Does it add anything for either expansion?

FUCK, I want to play Shogun 2 with that controller

srsly dude - if you want to machine-gun a shitload of monkeys with spears just go play FotS