/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Divegrass Bogaloo Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/midnightplayer/
lmgtfy.com/?q=edgy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a more fitting goal webm would have been the one scored by I'll Miss This Dank Place

Good thing I have faith in Nephy's aim.

I'll be playing BBI as sorcerer and stream it for a friend, if anyone is interested in watching, I'll make the stream public and post the link here.

i'll watch, I need some entertainment with my lunch

R8. I really should put some effort into my pics.

Whoops.

Last thread's wordcloud.

>Down a Harpy with Endecad Shot
>Shearing Wind to it
>Hundred Kisses it to death

Feels like I'm hunter and hunting dog neatly packed inside a loli Arisen.

steamcommunity.com/id/midnightplayer/
I'm already streaming.

>fuck pawn nice

I want Ashe to go.

>missed the beginning because I was doing speedrun mode
>didn't even get a very good time
rip

THANKS, GREAT SHIT

I wanna fug all your pawns no homo

Online component basically amounting to whoring your waifu/husbando out for purple diamonds, amuses me. Any other games that have a similar system in place?

I'm still streaming, I was taking a break.
I'm going to fight the Dark Bishop now.

DDDA is such a good game.

Feels good playing this and seeing western shit getting more and more shitty.

>feels good seeing shit getting more and more shitty
kill yourself my man

It's not like he's entirely wrong though. Like there's bad jap games too but by and large they do more interesting stuff the western devs these days.

bretty on topic if you ask me

Not bad at all.

enjoy your cuckfield 1 and more "diverse and tolerant" games from EA and ubisoft, my man :^)

Now now, let's place our hate where it deserves to be placed. ;_; where's dd2?

Your reading comprehension is shit and you are kinda retarded.
That's EXACTLY the point, why would anyone feel good that games, Western or Japanese, are getting worse?

How bad is it?

Not bad, I'd say.
Not a fan of the hairstyle or the tone of red you chose, but at the same time I think I get what you were going for and in that case it works.

Head looks a bit big, though that might be the hair. Would-do-obscene-things-with/10

she looks like a crackhead

I think she looks like a nice person, albeit not conventionally attractive? It definitely works though, definitely.

What kind of crack houses do you frequent user?

this. she's clearly a methhead
would nail tho

madeleine?

Delivering /ddg/'s favourite cutscene screenshots.

>weebs having no reading comprehension whatsoever
why am I not surprised

kek
These never get old.

I still can't get over the fact that fucking Rook made it into one of these tbqh

Rook, champion striker and occasional dabbler in Ashe punishment.

Should my pawn be a hunk or a loli

A ripped midget

I had no idea how tall, or disproportionate, she was until I started playing her. Good times all around.

kek, how did she get up so high?

I wonder if I spam my pawn enough for Neph to be in there.

If you try to lore it out, the main character is definitely the person that always protected Quina in their youth. Being so huge compared to her and everybody else can lend a bit of authenticity to your story.

Kek, it is. So is Morrigan.

tall is better than short

both, legends tell of the muscleloli

Morrigan is objectively a top 3 pawn tbqh.

>the football ploy worked and you are actually going to hang around until december

plebians got no sense

Oh yeah no doubt, Morrigan is a top teir choice in every category. Her owner should be proud.

Even fighterArisen Morrigan loos great so it isn't even just the clothes.

That smug.

Is there a slider guide for newbies to making characters?
I'm really tempted to turn my pawn into salomet without the shitty hair for my hardmode run

you can google specific npc sliders, there's a few out there. Or you can check out the Character Creator Sliders in the OP.

That's a nice screenshot.

You could always consult us and we could offer feedback and criticism as you make it.

Soaked to the bone!

>I-I've been drenched!

thats bretty cool

why does the tier 3 red set have to be so ugly? I want the stats without my pawn looking terrible.

I refuse to believe the same people who designed the main game gear (including weapons) are the same people who designed all the BBI gear.
If they are, then I'm guessing they wanted the DLC gear to really stand out but goddamn, they took it too far and it looks like shit.

I actually think that most BBI gear is fairly ugly. The witches hat, the heraldic gambeson, the MK mace, Bitter End (the recolored Lancers Sword?) and the Trophy set are the only decent items.

I'm sure that there are a few more items I like but by and large I'm not a fan of most of it. The stuff that I think looks good though looks pretty great.

What specifically is ugly about it?

>Bitter End
yet another reason I love mods

I actually like Bitter End
The BBI 3 Sword and Shield are fucking horrendous though, don't even remember their names.

The helmet is arguably the ugliest max tier helmet in any game i've ever played. To the point that I've never used it unironically. The torso armor is way too bulky and makes any character look like they're wearing armor more than a few sizes too large. The leg armor is similar in that they instantly turn even the most petite of pawns into a pear. And pear pawns into walking cranberries. I don't mind the arm armor, it can stay.

>it makes my waifu look fat

Actual reason please.

All tier 3 sets are ugly, but if you swap out the helm (and chest for reds) then they look alright

Finally! It took awhile since I'm still using "Dragon's Dogma" for a weapon, but I defeated Daimon 2.0 at laaaast.

I dislike it's aesthetics and stated why. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make other than that you disagree, but more power to you. It's not changing anytime soon anyway.

Grigori weapons on bbi 2.0? wew lad good job

It really is just personal opinion but in my case I enjoy the more realistic and grounded items and gear. I mean I don't mind over the top FF style stuff if it fits in the setting but I think that for the most part, items like the grave set and what have you just look out of place in DD.

But yeah, Bitter End in pretty fucking neat and the Witches hat, can't think of it's name, is fancy as fuck.

The Archers cap, is also pretty spiffy.

But yeah just to recap, most of the gear is too edgy fantasy for my taste. When compared to the rest of the base game anyway.

>occasionally want to play again
>lost all interest after a few minutes
fug

What are you talking about?
Yellow 3rd tier set is great.

>I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

You're childish is my point.

It's overdesigned and edgy as fuck.
It clashes with the rest of the game's aesthetics.
Do you seriously need an in-depth explanation as to why someone would think THIS looks like shit?

Aren't there model swap mods? You should be able to just edit the shitty level 3 armors into looking like better pieces.

Yellows are in a weird situation: their early-mid game gear is kinda eh, but they actually get cool looking BBI gear.

Reds and Blues get really cool fashion all throughout the main game, but their BBI gear is pretty fucking ugly.

>childish
I stated an opinion and, instead of refuting it, you dismissed it. Then, you resort to name calling. But ok, i'm the childish one here, user. You win this round, is some god tier design.

>That headpiece
ew

Yes I did, because you are.

Can someone explain what edgy is supposed to mean?

Try switch around your pawn and arisen. Might only work if you were attatched to your pawn and arisen though.

user please, we know the thread is slow but resorting to shitposting is not really the best way to get it moving.

Let's try something different, tell us why you think BBI gear looks good.

lmgtfy.com/?q=edgy

Explain edgy what is means to you. I only hear this on Veeky Forums.

I've done that often

fug, got crummy items from the purification. I will never get past having this dang Dragon's Dogma for a sword.

Blue 3rd tier is okay

I don't really like the helm

Once again mods are the answer.
>except the helmet. There's just no saving that thing.

Edgy is often used as an adjective for games, characters and in this case weapons and armor, that have an emphasis on a dark, evil type of aesthetic or atmosphere. It's pretty hard to pull it off without it looking retarded, and often that only happens when it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Can you stop dodging the question now?
People have explained why BBI armor looks bad, you apparently think it looks good.
I've given you the benefit of the doubt but at this point I think you are just being contrarian and pretending to be retarded.

>it is saved because it is lewd now

I want to punch her in the tummy

>hat have an emphasis on a dark, evil type of aesthetic or atmosphere. It's pretty hard to pull it off without it looking retarded, and often that only happens when it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Thanks.

I like it because of it's retarded and evil. I wasn't sure if that's what you meant.

theres a waiting list

I keep leaving and inevitably returning. I wish i knew another game with as much replay value desu.