Can some Americans please tell me what's the deal with Hatfields & McCoys? Why are they so important...

Can some Americans please tell me what's the deal with Hatfields & McCoys? Why are they so important? Who do you support?

>Why are they so important? Who do you support?
They were a rare case of a longstanding feud that lasted up until the early 20th century, that was perpetuated for ultimately small transgressions and built itself up from there.

They aren't important. Just two families of bumfuck hillbillies taking their right to bare arms and their feud far too seriously and as a result got woven into the American frontier legend as shining examples of the time. I guess it's what happens when your nation's history is short compared to most.

because they never had any real civil unrest (excluding the civil war but that's already their only real war that actually happened on their backyard so it doesn't count for that) so they have to over-romanticize every hick's neighborhood quarrel like it's a goddamn civil war

As an american, I honestly don't know. They're insignificant as a whole, and the first time I've heard people care about them was during that history channel special a few years back. Don't waste your brain on a bunch of inbred quarrels.

They're not important. It's just an interesting subject of two Appalachian bloodlines killing each other in small skirmishes and assassinations.

That's it.

one is a traitor and the other is a hero

they are dawi of two different holds.
There's grudges that need settling manling.

>Why are they so important?

they arent really. Just a fun little folk tale/legend kind of thing here

Theres an awesome mini series about it on Netflix. I would highly suggest checking it out, its got Kevin Costner.

>because they never had any real civil unrest

>what are ALL the indian wars (Red Cloud, Modoc, pyramid lake, Ghost Dance, Great siuex wars ect)

>what is bleeding kansas

>what are the mormon wars

>what is the bandit war

>who is pancho Villa

>what is the Texas Revolution

>what is the Garza war

u dumb

It's an archetypal blood feud. It's importance comes from how perfectly generic it looks in retrospect.

other minor skirmishes and hillbilly family feuds that you've given a pompous name to. well okay, texas revolution has some credit as a real conflict but as far as i remember it was part of mexico then so it barely counts.

Wow look at all those tribal wars & glorified bandit activities.

Totally holds a candle to wars of succession amd interdynastic squabbles in the old world.

>"t-these events that Im just now hearing about and that prove my retarded uneducated point wrong dont count!"

why dont you go get raped by achmed

no. +-20 inbred mountain bandits shooting at each other or couple police officers/just as inbred town militia just isn't a "war" no matter how you try to put it.

Because Americans feel the need to lionize and glorify literally anything that happens to them. I firmly believe that if they found out that George Washington had to take a shit during a fight then there would be some big speech about how he is a real man for not crapping his pants during the battle.

Not even if they hit somebody?

>Why are they so important?

The Hatfields & McCoys are the closest thing America has to retarded inbred nobility dragging their countries into gigantic wars and killing millions over literally nothing at all… just on a small local level.

Basically Appalachia was an Anglo version of Albania / Chechnia until recently. Clan blood feuds, religious fanaticism, incest and absolute poverty were rampant.

>Kentucky
>frontier
>in the 1890s

"No"

>until recently
m8 have you ever been to Appalachia? It's still mostly like that minus the blood feuds

>>who is pancho Villa
A MEXICAN who cucked you for a little while

>minus the blood feuds

I live in the Midwest and the dope and gang wars here have a blood feud element to them in most cases.

>until recently.
isn't it still?

Yes I have, I live in Columbus and drive down to southern Ohio and West Vagina pretty often. It's bad, but nowhere near as bad as 100 years ago.