/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Guildmarm x Brachydios is canon

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10529504
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2015/full/explanation_2015_full_05.pdf
nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-27-capcom-no-plans-for-monster-hunter-4-on-playstation-vita
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the next MH game
It is expected to only sell half as much as MH4 and MHX
It is not Monster Hunter Stories
It will be out by March 2017

strawpoll.me/10529504

First for NA code

post cute cats in armor please

LS was only good in second gen

>It is expected to only sell half as much as MH4 and MHX

in other words, its expect to sell as much as mh3g and mh4g
i wonder what it would possibly be

Other, Monster hunter Stories :^)

I hear the insect glaive is terrible? Is that true?

Is there something going on with the demo servers?
Because I've been getting nothing but dropped players, connection errors, drop outs, and jank all day.

>march
>same release date as the NX
MHXU for the NX confirmed as a launch title

It's against the rules to post images of yourself

>hurr durr Mh Stories isn't meant to sell at all!
>despite how much the game is being pushed to keep up with the Pokemon clone craze

MH5 or an equivalent is going to show at TGS but it is going to release in late 2017 but get delayed to early 2018. Just like MH4

The only terrible weapon in Gen is still gunlance.

Monster Hunter 5G: Build Your Own Mecha
Now on NX

Would buy day one if true. I think Monster Hunter is the one game I end up being a pleb over.

its year ending 3/17, so it's before that. if nx comes out in march, those sales will count towards fy2018. all 3 of those games are probably coming out by december.

zinogre

What style will you be rolling with your trusty Hunting Horn? Ill go Bushido and Guild.
Double note is a godsend, and I hope they never remove it.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Zinogre best dog.

I just want a new Monster Hunter main game on a proper console.

I'm so tired of these tiny ass screens and 400x240 resolutions.
Also the shit controls.

I'd kill for a good new MH on a real home console (or hybrid)

NX please deliver

I beat story and did all my guild urgents with Horn

From start until Seregios (except against Glavenus and Astalos) Adept

After Retaliative Evade Guild

Aerial is awful and Striker is Hot garbage

glaveanus

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2015/full/explanation_2015_full_05.pdf

>At present, we cannot yet communicate our entire title lineup for operational reasons. However, in addition to new titles that we have announced, such as “Monster Hunter Stories”, “Ace Attorney 6” and “Resident Evil Umbrella Corps”, we are planning to release the titles listed on this slide.

What part of "It's not Monster Hunter Stories" was too hard for you to understand, exactly?

It's clearly Monster Hunter x Okami the Mystery Dungeon crossover.

How the fuck do I download this UK demo?
I go to the website, i sign in but how do i download?

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, adult kiss!

And what arts do you run?

Also, I don't find Striker HH to be that bad.

wrong.

So if I go through MGX with a HBG, am I going to need to either stack Slice like crazy for tails or am I going to switch to a Bow for the weapon art?

I want to download this demo.
I am in UK.
I go to UK website
It says sign in to download demo.
I sign in
I can't find where to download.

I understand mostly amerifats are online, but there has to be one European online to help.

Well, I didn't get a code myself. It just said that the game was ready to download on my 3ds. I'm not sure if that helps at all though.

I can't get my grip on arial at all, tried GS and SA, Im glad it's not an imporant/good style for HH. I don't like the attack art sonic boom for HH, but HH striker seems horrible, so that's ok as well.

You go to
nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html
log in with your account (the same you have on the 3ds) and download the game. You wount get a code or anyhing, the 3ds will start to download it.
It takes like max 2min to figure out.
Please apply yourself a little harder in the future

>Check email
>No code
>Check /mhg/
>No code
>Check Outdoor World
>No code
>Buy rope

You should rethink your choices if the rope is more expensive than 4$. Also, I missed fighing Narga

With GS you hold charge the moment you jump up and release the moment you land.

SA gets an auto upward attack, manual downward attack, pretty OP.
You can also go immediately into your discharge from the air.

Aerial is actually really easy once you figure it out in a minute senpai.

I had a coupon

Brachidious brand Bomb pop icecream

Am I really supposed to type this all out on my 3ds browser?

Yeah, but I just spammed it way too much, especially with the GS as I can't charge on the ground anymore. The fast charge is pretty sexy, apropo fast charge, the Adept GS is a bitch to hit with.

No, on your web browser of choice, on your computer

>check mails
>hey user, the demo is out on our website
>hey user, you can win a limited 3ds if you make a drawing
Get fucked NA.

Is Germany not apart of the UK, I can't seem to download it.

Go make a drawing

is this legal?

Niggers steal all the time, this isn't anything new

A 5 years old child draws better than me.

>be germany
>visit uk site
>doesnt work
>buy humblebundle
>code doesnt work

what the fuck

>being german
theres your problem

Give code

>mfw every time I come a nigga gotta set it then I gotta go and then I gotta get it then I gotta blow and then I gotta shudder any little thing that nigga think he be doing cause it doesn't matter cause I'm gonna dadadada

I gave it to an american friend

Ree.

>leave /mhg/ end of year last year
>always had 90-110 unique IPs, threads were lively, dojposting was rampant
>come back
>18-24 unique ips
>dead discussions

I wanted doj to leave but not like this

A-at least bizarro-doj is still here, right..?

If that Monster Hunter Generations demo is anything to go by, I think I'll sit my ass on 4U until the servers collapse.

Nargacuga's not my favorite thing that becomes mandatory, and Melphistio is just a fucking khezu with 50 times the movement speed. There's a reason Khezu is fucking slow.

Good lord Capcom, I know you like to add gimmicks but I don't even think you can get a weapon that puts Confusion on monsters. can you? Flash bombs got nerfed too so they don't count.

There is a reason why this general still plays MH4U and not MHX.

whats your friend code?
so we can play gens together when it comes out

>not having a demo code
>ever needing a demo code

kys

what are those cha-cha and kayamba icons

hello newfag

The actual game is much, much worse. I ran back to 4U with open arms, 140s with low-mid tier weapons are a hell of a lot more fulfilling and challenging then anything MHX can throw at you. I'm also not a fan of "go fight ember dino 10 times/blazing los and or tempest narga 40-50 times each", it does not make for a fun endgame and those monsters make every fucking other weapon in the game obsolete for most weapons. It's a stupid joke.

>3U
>3U Save transfer application

no more spoonfeeding from me.

>hi I vape
kys

>tfw zinogre is not your bf

>shitposting

kys

>"There's a limit to how long something can be continuously developed on the same hardware," Tsujimoto said. "The Monster Hunter series started out on the PlayStation 2, then on the PlayStation Portable. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd [which was a huge hit] had reached the end of the line, and in order to meet new expectations, it was required for us to switch platforms.
>"Games have ideal release periods, which also determine when their development begins. This resulted in our judgement of seeing the 3DS as the most desirable [platform for Monster Hunter 4]."
>When specifically asked about a Vita version, Tsujimoto reiterated Capcom had "no [plans] for now. We want to have as many people as possible play it on the 3DS, and we are only thinking about making it succeed."
eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-27-capcom-no-plans-for-monster-hunter-4-on-playstation-vita

thanks

ya i only played 3u for wii u and i dont remember the icon for it

At TGS 2011 not only did they showed MH4 concept and the platform for it, but also MH3G to be released 3 months after.

Hopefully they'll keep releasing MH on Nintendo platforms, can't see myself buying a console just for 1 game.

That's exactly why I hope they stop releasing it for such platforms one day.

No needs for worrying. I doubt after Vita's less that stellar performance that Sony will try out the handheld scene soon.

But I do hope Nintendo puts out better hardware for their next handheld.

I just want a NA code...

4 american dollars

Is it that bad? I take it there's no g rank, but there must be some fun and challenging monsters?
I had a lot of fun in 4,but i really miss some of the older monsters, especially those from 3rd gen

>Tempest Nargacuga 50 times

With that, you've convinced me to buy Robobot now, instead of suffering later.

Lucent Nargacuga's the reason I dropped 3U after 700 good, fantastic hours. That's the one monster I just can't beat ever. Never dies, time limit means I have to attack, and it's a monster that blatantly punishes you for playing the game. Whoo..

>700
What the honest fuck? Was it your first game?
Even in my first title I completed it in less than 300.

Why do you guys fight monsters that you don't want to fight? Why not just hunt what you want to hunt?

As long as Nintendo makes handhelds Sony will respond with something. Also Vita still has couple more years to go, PSP lasted 10 years, 4 of the latter years without MH.

>"completing" monster hunter
I have like 2k hours in freedom unite

>Was it your first game?

Nope. Freedom 2 was.

I was a 3DS owner of 3 Ultimate meaning I HAD TO DO EVERYTHING SOLO

Meaning that things took much longer when I hit a wall because I had to work it out ALONE

Including THE PORT / GUILD MISSIONS

>Why do you guys fight monsters that you don't want to fight?

You do realize that ignoring content will only artificially shorten the game. Although Monster Hunter is eternally shit in the grand scheme as long as you have to RNG pray for charms that aren't shit.

I'm sorry for your terminal autism, user.
I can't see myself playing the game after not having fun with it anymore.

>Completing MH

Because that is the endgame, user. Pretty much the only Variant Monsters worth fighting for equipment, once you have those you can go back and make "joke weapons" every other weapon in the game that isn't ember dinovaldo for most classes.

If 4U had a mode where you watched paint dry for 500 hours, would you play it? Wouldn't want to "ignore content."

3u had that mode, it was called charm sniping and I did it for longer than I like to admit

4U is more fun than Generations, so yeah. I basically watch paint dry by playing GQ140's.

You probably shouldn't listen to this general, a lot of people don't seem to know what they're talking about and complain about small problems as if they bigger than they actually are.

>check marks on all quests
>all weapons and armors that interest you
Yeah that's completion alright.

how come on kiranico X the weapons have three sharpness bars? obviously one is normal and one if sharpness+1 but whats the third?

Sharpness+2

Generations was a motherfucking mistake

>3u charm tables
thank god they got ride of those kinda

Anyone who needed to charm snipe in 3U was shit.

Your ''completion'' is nothing but an arbitrary line you crossed and decided it was good enough for you to stop.

With that said, less than 300 hours in any MH with G rank is pretty awful and only makes you stink of carried shitter.

dat sunk cost fallacy
vegas gets rich off people like you

02-6972-3953-8036
niggercouger

>completed
The thrill is the hunt
I have 600 hours in 4U because it's so fun to poke shit.

no fucking way
and yet even with that, none of them are purple?
If you've got the slots to reach that, I think it should reward you with purple no matter what