/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #478 - With Me Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s4j32pudJN8&spfreload=1
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks for putting the OP back.
Also, fast.

Is this Hesse?

>that shitty op image

>Hating on Black Knight

When will this be finished though

Soon

youtube.com/watch?v=s4j32pudJN8&spfreload=1

They should be jobbers at best and never succeed at all. Having them succeed makes them eclipse the canon characters and thus Mary Sues

WITH MEEEEEEEE!!!!

>they should be jobbers
only if they make roman look strong

Now you're just been retarded user, the worst Sonic got over eclipsed was in his own media was in Sonic 06 when his Story was just him saving the princess over and over and that is canon

And that's why 06 was shit. Sonic should be the only one to save the day because he's the main character and that's what they do

I was trying to keep it to that thread.
I know you hate the oc's but
a. Officially licensed Sonic media makes them not OC's
b. Having more characters allow for a bigger world because the core cast is alright but really how are you supposed to have a comic that is just about the games? Play the damn games.
c. "But the comics should just be game adaptations without Archie characters" Well then you may have a fair point, but it was a comic based on the SaTam series. Blame Sega of America. The fact it's still going to this day is amazing considering SoJ, but it's not the comic's fault for expanding on that at this point
d. If only the game cast could ever succeed in a world full of characters it just makes Sonic and co to be too good at everything, our game characters need flaws too.

In the case you're not a shitposter, come back 22nd, we won't have time to talk about the comics with all the disappointment we'll be having.

>22nd
You're not a real Sonic fan.

We got for past games he user even in Sonic Generations where Sonic x2 saved the day while the whole supporting cast screamed about homing shots and did nothing

They're not from the games nor do they frequently appear in games so they're OCs

Sonic doesn't need a big world. The only story you should tell is "Eggman does thing, Sonic stops him" you don't need to do anything else

The comic doesn't need to exist outside of financial reasons because Sonic characters are boring and one dimensional by default and they can't support stories and trying to add depth is retarded.

>implying we won't be having disappointment on the 22nd anyway

And that's the best way to have things honestly.

Stop responding to Iizuka, he might go away.

Not really because the final boss was pretty shit, wish they helped me beat it faster tbqh

>dude just remove tails knuckles amy and metal sonic
At least keep them.

What are your thoughts on the possibility that the next Sonic game is specifically aimed to please popular Lets Players like Pewdiepie, Markiplier, and Egoraptor along with their audiences?

They can stay but only as cheerleaders and in Metal's case a boss fight

>game shitposting

It's a comic that's been running for 20 years, not sure how varied you could make Eggman does something, Sonic stops him. It even got stale in the games.

You're right about the last point though to a point. But Archie needs the money and Sega officially endorses them, so the comic does exist, and people like em and buy em, so Sega'll keep paying for it.

The Mega Man comics were god-tier, makes you wonder how the Sonic comic would have turned out if it started out the same date.
I like the Archie comic a lot, but the Mega Man comic was wrote so well.

What if I want to play as them sometimes like in 3&K

Poe's Law: The Thread

Post best pronghorn.

You know the one .

damn are they still on unleashed? better check in next year to see if they've done something original

kys ya comicsnigger
>adapting unleashed 8 years later
Wow, JUST.

>Complaining about shot posting when he's posting fanfiction
Sonic doesn't need a complicated plot. The comics have been running this long because they make money, not because they've ever been good. They'll always be shit and we're always shit

I love all official Sonic related media and it's characters. From Sonic to Knuckles to Sara to Topaz to Shortfuse to Mina to the Egg Bosses. I am the Sonic idort.

Yes, even Tommy.

They should just be 1:1 game adaptations if they have to exist
>Liking anything outside of the games
Kys

>Egg bosses
>Mina
Gross

I think Lost World is not bad.

How do we escape this franchise, user?

Well fuck it all /sthg/, I'm out of here. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out

They're a glorified advert for the games, as Ian puts it aptly.
And right now it's telling those tales but with an overarching plot and it keeps to the story well enough, with like 1,000 characters added to replace what was lost.

I agree it could be better, but goddamn what it pulled itself up from, it's a shining diamond in comparison.

Although it's a kids game and a kid's comic and we really shouldn't be arguing as people over 20 shouldn't dictate to Sega how they should market to what we want.
Just replay Sonic 1-3 and CD and play DKC 1 and 2 over and over again.
I do that far too often.

Don't go! We need you!

>what was lost
Absolutely nothing of any value.

If they're an ad for the games then they should act like it. Instead of shoving donutsteels down our throats, adapt the games. Tie into something like Runners or Sonic Dash 2. Be an advertisement and nothing more, like it should be

okay, I will
"One man's trash, is another man's treasure"
I also think it's not bad, in fact I think it's quite good.
Just stop consuming the media if you want to escape, not that hard. Take up whittling or something like that.

>Comicsfag
You should join him in leaving

Can you guys just go make a thread on /v/ or /vr/

see

The Sonic CD intro and ending animations are some of the best things Sonic's ever been apart of.

What's with the hostility anyway?
The games don't recognise the comics at all so if you just kept to them you'd be fine.

The constant comic posting here is a fair point but genuinely, we've gone 5 years without a solidly great game and news of a new one is non-existent. We talked about the Boom cartoon when it came out each week because it was SOMETHING.

as soon as we get a game the comicposting will have dwindled down.

How about you comicfags go to /co/ and stay there like you should have done
No you

It shouldn't have existed at all outside of laughing at how abysmal it is.This is a video game general, it should talk about video games. If there's no games, it shouldn't be here

see
Only if you go to

ITT retards complain that a general dedicated to a franchise that includes comics, which was started following a marathon of comics on /v/ and partially started to continue discussion on the comics in addition to the games, and which has been deleted from /co/ on numerous occasions on the grounds that comics based on video game franchises belong in Veeky Forums instead of /co/, discusses comics.

see

>ITT retards try to justify talking about fanfiction in a video game general for a video game franchise

See
Lets do this for hours

filtered "/co/" now and the thread is much better

As someone interested in reading the comics, what are your experiences reading it? Is it comparable to marvel or dc fare? What issues and storylines should I avoid?

Take it to the Comics and Cartoons board, Reddit McMemey. Sonic is allowed on /co/.

see

Better idea: talk about video games or fuck offIt's shit and not worth reading. If you want Sonic stick to the games. If you want comics stick to Marvel and DC

Because he's a shitposter, user. He claims to want to be interested in discussing games, but instead does nothing but reply to any post featuring something from a part of the franchise other than the games, making inflammatory remarks. There's nothing stopping him from simply talking about game related topics, but he insists on shitting on anyone who likes things he doesn't. There isn't even any originality to it; he'd already used up all three of his ideas for criticism yesterday and has just been repeating them ad nauseam.

>Who's this OC/Literally who?
>The comics shouldn't exist.
>The games should just be Sonic and Eggman.

There's no reasoning with him, and letting him have his way two threads ago didn't generate any discussion, just an image dump of Tails. Ignoring him is better than responding, but either way it looks like we're stuck with this fucker until he tires himself out.

Thoughts on Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine?

It's pretty great and something that I've read since it was first released. If you don't want to slog through the old stuff, just go from issue 252 on.

Also FYI, DC's current rebirth storyline is pretty much note for note the same soft reboot that the Sonic comic did from 252 on.

Mods say comics discussion belongs in Veeky Forums. If you don't like it, complain to them instead of shitposting.

How do you filter in Veeky Forums?

Needs an update

good to see that the filter system works so well

Sonic is the only western comic series I read, so I can't really compare it to Marvel or DC. Best place to start now would be at the reboot, 252 in the main series and 55 in Universe. If you ever want to experience the whole thing just read from the beginning. They take a serious dip in quality starting around issue 50, with a few good stories here and there, but a lot of it is so bad it's fun, if you're into that kind of thing.

en.sonicscanf.org/comics/

Loved it when I originally played it on SEGA Channel back when.

Settings on the top right

Please have sex

>people still responding

I started reading the comics from 160 onwards because that's where Tracy Yardley came onto the book and the art started to consistently decent. That's also when the current writer came on and the quality came up.

>Is it comparable to marvel or dc fare?

It's better to me because it's not prone to pointless events and blatant sjw pandering.

Wish more Puyo games came to America.

Guys, can we not?

Let's talk about nice things for a change. Like small dogs and flowers and who Sonic would make a good buddy cop with.

>All of the Marvel stuff I read getting sucked into Civil War 2
>Civil War 2 in general
Worlds Unite, I'm sorry I have you so much shit because this is so much worse

OH SHIT IT'S FANG

>Is it comparable to marvel or dc fare
Yeah it's pretty bad

I want to put my dick in her

We need more Mina art

I want to make her fat with our babies

IT'S HAPPENING BOYS

>Start reading the Knuckles series
ayyyyy

Knuckles obviously

>9125
BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN

25 years since 1991

can someone explain the NIGGERS comic to me

Anyone got the other piece of Yandere Mina art Chauvels did?

This?

Merlina was cute. Would want to rule Camelot with as my queen.

Yes thank you

>trying to play gens
> keep trying to hit b to double jump and a to homing attack

Who are those OCs killing eachother?

Will you fuck off already?

My filter isn't working.

You guys are retards