/cbg/ - City Building General

/cbg/ – City Building General: The return of /cbg/ edition

Previous thread: Unknown

IRC: #SimCity on irc.rizon.net

--- News ---
Network Addon Mod (NAM) version 34 has been released for SimCity 4 just one month after the release of NAM 33. community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26793-network-addon-mod-for-windows-installer/
A third party patch named SC4Fix has been released for SimCity 4. community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/
Colonial Charter: The Forge Awakens (CC v1.6) has been released for Banished. Major features include the ability to build cities on water. colonialcharter.com/
New "expansion" named Snowfall has been announced for Cities: Skylines. youtu.be/D16RJNPRFxQ

--- Cities: Skylines ---
>Wiki:
skylineswiki.com/Cities:_Skylines_Wiki
>Modding guidelines:
skylineswiki.com/Modding
>Skyline's official site/Paradox (sign up for free Zen Garden and future free items!):
signup.citiesskylines.com/
>Heightmap generator
terrain.party/
>Custom building competition (Get your votes in now):
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?840333-Custom-Building-Competition&s=911beb05b91e9eaccfaac6c944ca44d8
>After Dark basic mods
pastebin.com/HEcKw21a

--- SimCity 4 ---
Contains everything you need for SC4 - getting started guide, modpacks, links to various SC4 communities (with more mods/guides):

pastebin.com/Fg9qNhcM

Remember to turn off U-Drive It icons and minimise the game UI when you take a screenshot.

--- Banished ---
>Modding:
banishedinfo.com/

(OP might need some updating)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522776740
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

remember to water the thread like a plant for the next 48h if you want it to sprout and grow wings dawg

Welp, time to reinstall C:S

Post your favorite interchanges from the Steam workshop. I just unlocked high-density and want to do some serious sprawling.

inb4
ded thread
ded general

>tfw can never really get past the 1-tile stage in my shit.
>tfw never even get to try putting in rail and shipping shit
Every time I fill up my starting tile, I kind of JUST my city up trying to expand to this new area. I feel like I'm missing out on some dank end-game shit.

You don't have to wait until your first tile is full. It might be better to spread things out and connect them and fill stuff in afterwards.

I'm always flustered by the very start. Two highway roads makes it feel weird.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522776740

This guide helped me a lot with starts.

shit man, I've just been making a big one-way road loop as the shit into my city, with none of that interchange stuff

ded

bumping for my simcity 4 memories

>there will never be a good simcity ever again

memes

This is an effective way to reduce traffic congestion desu.

there's no hope

OP here trying to revive the thread with some screenshots of my city. Here's the road layout so far. Probably subject to change.

Trying out the new dlc. I like the look of this stadium a lot more than the old one that was in the game.

I'm doing my part!

Anno 1602 to 1404 are on sale at GOG.

When will they do a classical era Anno?

That's some good planning.
I think I'd try to do this more often if I was given more than 60K at the start.

she won't survive the night

Sure thing

Holy fuck, /cbg/.
Also, the news section is a bit outdated.

Thanks. I usually play with unlimited money atleast until my city starts operating at a profit. It makes it easier to plan things out from the get-go.

>yellow lights

delet

Residential part looks good.