Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/ Zero Leak Dilemma

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS (embed)
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/releases
github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls/
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>STILL NO ZTD LEAKS

Anyone able to help me out? I'm following the Plailect guide, and I'm on part 4, step 21
>Backup EmuNAND to emuNAND_original.bin (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)

however my S.D card is full and it won't do a backup of the EmuNAND. Does anyone know what data is safe to delete from the S.D card? I mean trivial shit like game data or savegames or whatever. I just need to make some room to complete the hack, but I'm nervous to touch anything on there when I don't really know what it is.

Pic related is the current SD card file list.

> tfw have to go through several pastebin in the 3DS guide like barbarians
> tfw it could be done in the /hbg/ wiki
Why does no one care about it?

>user gets rused into the megaman general
>posts and immediately deletes it
I saw that shit user. You're following the retard guide, do it yourself self by step faggot.

I WILL SEND $500 IN BITCOIN TO WHOEVER LEAKS ZTD

because the only link you should be following is the wiki guide which is already in the OP

ZTD WHEN
I NEED IT RIGHT NOW

Gimme 5 hours then check 3dsiso

The robpin payloads, the cias, the luma3ds.dat, the updates folder, the log, and the app.
Basically anything not in the picture of an SD card at the end of the guide.

Misclicked, it was actually this fool with the tiny SD card.

I WILL SEND 500 PIZZAS TO WHOEVER LEAKS ZTD

Wikia's probably gonna shut us down if there's any links of disputable legality. Their layout is also godawful, it's worse than well-curated plaintext pastebins.

i am doing it step by step, which is why i dont know what's safe to delete

???th for GYAH! GYAH! GYAH! GYAH!

>tfw no zelda demo leak ever

NO MONSTER HUNTER GENERATION FULL GAME LEAK REEEEEEEE

You're not doing it step by step if you're deleting things.
Anyone with reading comprehension or not retarded knows what files are crucial by now anyway.

EI EI EI EI
I've literally never played a Valkyrie game before this

Fuck off. That shitty joke should stay on /b/.
There is user. Jap release with English translation faggot.

私はZTDと引き換えにピザを購入します

>You're not doing it step by step if you're deleting things.
the guide didn't specify what to do if you run out of room on the SD card. I'm just trying to keep my 3DS from bricking, man. No need to be so abrasive.

so I have an USA O3DS with Luma and a9lh and have been playing FE Awakening EUR just fine. But now when I try to play the dlc the game won't load them. I've tried the region emulation in Luma and the language plugins in NTR but no luck.
anyone can help me?
Thanks in advance.

of course it doesn't specify because you're not supposed to run out of space, guide even says you should have a 4gb+ sd card to complete it

>not keeping extra space on the SD card
>not deleting games after using jksvm
A9lhx was never for retards. You would have probably fucked up the SD card with no backups sooner or later anyway.
You're fucked kiddo.

Is there a procedure that has to be followed to upgrade to 11.0 if you have a9hl so as to not fuck it up?
Or can I just update it no matter how, if the 3ds booted up with a9hl?
I'm asking because I was going to update through the notification that sometimes appears that the update was downloaded and the system is ready to install it but it doesn't appear and I was thinking of updating the system through the settings page but I don't want to fuck this up.

I do have a 4gb card. I just didn't format it first. Obviously I made a mistake and I'm just trying to fix it without making it worse. Unless you can tell me what folder contains things like my games and save files so I can get rid of them, I don't see why you feel the need to reply to me.

once you have a9lh you can update from system settings normally

WE SHOULD CREATE A /zeg/

There's no point in LEAKING once you SPOIL the thing you care about... the most!

You should update from System Settings, but Luma's reboot patches are sane enough that it's safe even from the nag or eShop.

If you decided to use Cakes instead, you absolutely need the FIRM blocking patch activated for updating to be safe on a9lh (Luma always has this enabled and doesn't let you disable this).

Thank you, bro.

I feel like making you feel bad for fucking up. This is an anonymous imageboard, I can reply with anything legal.
Like calling you retarded for using a 4gig instead of 32, or not deleting games and making backups. Besides, already made some suggestions.

>All this talk about ZTD
>Bought 999 3 years ago
>Really liked it
>Only unlocked two endings
>Didn't touch my 3ds for an eternity
>Zero Escape installed on my 3ds but I still have to get the other endings in 999
>I have a busy schedule and probably won't have the time
JUST

It was alive once.

Fuck off to /mmg/ newfag.

Thank you too.

BTW, I remember on aureinand there was a way for the systems page to show a string of text before the version number, like rx tools did.
It doesn't appear to have it enabled right now. Do any of you know if it can be enabled in 5.5 again? and how?

It's an option, something like "show nand in system settings". Literally no reason for it to even be optional, but hey.

Was that a spoiler?

For 2DS should I get noscreeninit or screeninit on the final step?

github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/releases

Is OoThax working yet? I've been living under a rock for about a month now.

for 11.0 no, it will only give you homebrew so you can't downgrade with it anyway

>cubic ninja is eternal they said
>they can't fix it they said
>oot is basically the same thing they said
When will OoThax be back?

noscreeninit unless you want splash screens or something.

S-so, how do install cias on this new version of FBI? Last time I used it it didn't have a GUI...W-when I click on a cia the only options I get are delete, rename, copy and paste. Pls no bully

cool, thanks

So OoThax can get you into the Homebrew menu now?
Do I have to delete the old hax files and update it?

>for 11.0 no

you're not clicking on a cia then

pls help ;_;

I am. I installed this .cia with BBM a few minutes ago. I am using the 3dsx version if that matters (but I don't think it should).

Do failed downloads from CIAngel or Freeshop leave any garbage files behind that I should clear out?

So stuff like custom themes (unless I goofed) and hacking let's say Pokemon Shuffle is still broken for >11.0.0

>start to do emunad to a9lh
>the heat is on
>sysnand backup starts...

This is anti climactic as hell. So slow and dunno what to do while i do these emunand sysnand backups.

I don't think the 3dsx version of FBI works properly on 11.0

Alright guys I got A9LH installed on my 3DS as well as a few other things, before I go converting some SNES roms to .cia, is there a database or place with downloads to already converted roms so I'm not wasting my time? I'm looking for MMX1-3 in particular.

What's going to be good about ZTD? 999 wasn't even that good.

try 3dsiso's section for that

I am in homebrew launcher because Iformatted my emuNAND and my Health and Safety app randomly disappeared a long time ago. I'll try an older version of FBI.

>I'll try an older version of FBI
that's not how that works
reinject FBI into h&s

If you have a way to get into the homebrew launcher on 11.0, you can definitely do custom themes with CHMM2 as usual. You can also use svdt on post-9.6 digital games if you have memory map files for them: github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls/

OoT and CN haven't been updated yet.

3dsiso is at least 1 place i can think of. Some user also did somw fixed snes.cia games but idk where those mega links are

Oh goddamnit, that fucking game these rimjobs keep talking about not leaking isn't going to be released for 9 fucking days. So we're gonna have to listen to these cum drooling fuck shacks moan about their NEET game for over a week because no one's gonna leak that awful game for that abysmal game series.

At this point it just became a meme ever since that one user started with the whole "STD LEAK WHEN!?!?!?"

Is there any way to easily search through 3dsiso's shitty forums? I tried searching for "Megaman X 2" but no such luck, it just gives me a bunch of random threads.

For

When will Citra not be garbage?

How the fuck is Wii U emulation better than 3DS?

You think I didn't think of that already? I tried 3 times. It's not coming back.

Eck. I know that feel when checking on there shitty forums. Make sure you're on the virtual console section of it. Most of the first results are by bulk, so the game most likely is im those

no that's a stupid question

Do you not have a CIA manager at all?

Stolen documents

Alright. Thank you.

then something is REALLY broken on your system.

VLR built up a crazy plot leaving a cliff hanger, the hype is because people want the conclusion.
Though yeah, at this point the LEAKS WHEN is just a meme.

Only if I restore my emuNAND, I have BBM on there but I am in the middle of Plailect's guide and I don't want to restore my emuNAND.
Yeah, I have no idea what happened. I went a long time without using my 3ds and then all of a sudden it was gone. I am not sure how or when it happened.

>999 wasn't even that good.
seek a way out
seek a post with the word (You) on it

first, install DevMenu cause BBM is outdated as fuck. Then you reinstall the health and safety app from a cia from somewhere. I had to get the cia through 3dnus. then when you get your hs.app, back that shit up. then when you're done with the plailect guide, install the fbi cia because no one uses fbi injected cause it doesn't update and manually updating it is a fucking pain in the ass. OR you could backup your current emunand, restore your old emunand, dump the hs.app from that, restore your main emunand, and inject that hs.app or an fbi'd version of that hs.app.

Ok, it's time to hack the 3ds
What guide do I follow?
Do I want Luma?

>Then you reinstall the health and safety app from a cia from somewhere
Yeah I am actually looking for it right now, anyway thanks for the suggestions.

hey, a9lh+luma user with a small SD card. Just got my bigger one in the mail, how easy is it to switch all my junk over to another card?

update to 11.0 first for a clean downgrade

op

>Everyone has to like what I like
I dropped the game fast.
>All of that fucking dialogue
>To add to it the bottom screen has to add details about it even though portraits can express characters emotions just fine
>Pick up an item in a puzzle room
>Characters start having a lengthy as fuck conversation about said item

I like me some puzzles and a story but you can cut out half of the fucking dialogue in the game and it would tell the same story while letting you play the game without interrupting you every few seconds.

I can't help but feel that if I had 9 hours to escape a fucking ship I wouldn't spend 8 of those hours talking at length about shit.

Easy as copy paste 1 SD to another. One of the few best advantages from having a9lh.

holy lel have you literally never played a visual novel before?

>visual novel
>All of that fucking dialogue
hmm

Right, I'm 10.7

what? that fucking easy? does it transfer my installed games/saves or will i have to re-install and re-inject?

Ok so my cousin just gave me his Nintendo Wii U and it's on 5.5.1, am i good to go? Can i get free games?

Remind me why I fell for the arm9 meme?
>can't make luma3ds work without deleting the config every time
>have to remember how many times I've formatted both NANDs since I've had them
>have to upgrade so I can downgrade
>one of the steps in the guide is "Cross your fingers"
Is it worth continuing?

drag and drop, nothing gets deleted

Yes. Is pretty much the same with emunamd expect that with emunad you had to format the sd to have the emunand partition for it to work. As a9lh you just copy paste like any regular SD

Guys, whenever I launch Capt. Toad (the PAL version from the OP's links) through Loadiine I get a blackscreen and my Wii U freezes.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, you're good. Follow this: gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Everything will stay the same.

follow the pastebin in the op

Awesome. No excuses to use the old outdated CFW shit now. Thanks anons, now I can continue muh Animal Crossing in peace, with a lot more room for nice games.

What if you want to switch SD cards but dont have A9lh

I don't get it, you're too stupid to follow a guide? You can't remember how many times you formatted your NANDS? Bloody hell.