mega.nz/#F!1o8FTbAL!-lVNu5ReRDTcksRfHIxBHA

>NEW PLAYER GUIDE
i.imgur.com/K9rvfa4.jpg

>ARCHIVED THREADS (RIP ARCHIVE.MOE)
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/mgg/type/op/

>STEAM GROUP
steamcommunity.com/groups/metalgeargeneral

>/mgg/ ONEDRIVE FOLDER
onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65254E4C501EDAEF!4116&authkey=!AMDti9C9NNjfhT8&ithint=folder,xlsx

>LISTS, GUIDES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER STUFF
pastebin.com/qM3XwMce

>MGS2 SUBSTANCE NOVEL - NEEDS TRANSLATION
mega.nz/#!Y08iFCBa!Z3j3Tco4vE14mwwVJTQbch9Zo4SvZRXO1ntjEjn1JRc

>MGSV NOVEL - PARTIALLY TRANSLATED
mega.nz/#!U1NFzAII!4nuhjrIo8arMdb2Ref4dWRB-4CZ86Sp9QY1sYDnhVfM

>TIMELINE AND EPILOGUES:
pastebin.com/3m93ExcY
>CHAPTER 1:
pastebin.com/frkkvef3
>CHAPTER 2:
pastebin.com/7YMg9Gia

>KOJIMA'S THOUGHTS ABOUT THE NOVELIZATION
pastebin.com/JVZZxW1D

>QTS FARMING

>Weapons and stuff
unknown321.github.io/mgsmonsterguns

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a-0Yz1opFmI
youtube.com/watch?v=OeruT-CUEMw
youtu.be/edQvG6Gdxqc?t=6m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

let it go my son

Finally

>one person single handedly killed /mgg/

kek

KEK

I do admire the dedication

He's too busy shitposting on that /v/ thread right now

"I've got no particular love for Kojima"

- David Hayter

Cool

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO THE BEST SNAKE.

Happy Father's Day, David.

She climbed the rock face and stood at the top. There, she could see the earth stretching all the way to the horizon. Aah, is this really how big the world is? The sky is so blue it makes me dizzy, and so very high. Its deep blue hue and height tell me of its connection into outer space. Is there truly no place where I belong, not even in this vast world?
'I'll take you there.' Where could it be, Boss? Can I see it from here?
The heat in Quiet's chest grew too much to bear, and she fell to her knees. Her tears ran down her cheeks and to her neck before dripping to her chest. It was time to close her mouth.
"I am Quiet. I am... the absence of words"
Placing her hand to her chest, she apologized to the newly-born children within. Sorry, but I can't let you out of here. You will disappear with me.
Quiet doused herself with the gas tank, and ignited it with Big Boss's lighter.

Happy father's day Mr. Otsuka.

Happy Father's Day, Huey!

>Venom abandons Quiet scene
>Venom ignoring Quiet scene
>Venom saying he's going to kill Quiet scene
>Venom saying he's going to kill Quiet scene
>Venom killing Quiet scene
>Venom disgusted by Quiet scene
>Venom looking into the gas pit to see Quiet in pain, and not actually about jump in scene
>Venom leaving the tank for Quiet to take the shot scene
>Venom turning his head as Quiet is about to die from torture scene because zero fucks are given
>Pequod patronizing Quiet are the last words she hears as Venom says nothing and ignores her scene
>Venom unimpressed with Quiet scene
>Venom annoyed by Quiet's wanting to make love scene and says fuck off
>Venom breaking Quiet's heart for the third, no, fourth time scene
No, third time's the charm for her to die.
>Venom ignoring Quiet for the xth time scene
>Venom telling Quiet to kill herself scene that we never got
>Venom's hateful words to Quiet that we never got scene
>Venom ignoring Quiet's in love scene
>Venom never returning to afghanistan because he doesn't have love for Quiet info that we never got
>Venom laughing at Quiet crying scene that we never got
>Quiet dying alone, maybe suicide from unrequited love scene that we never got
>Venom playing Quiet's message across MB as they all laugh scene that we never got
>Venom having a drink with Kaz and Ocelot and Diamond Dogs to celebrate a job well done on not doing anything and getting Quiet to speak and Venom abandons her scene that we'll neverever get.
>All the correctness in all of my posts that will never be proven because Kojima doesn't care to confirm it article that we'll never get.

DECEPTION ISLAND

reminder Huey got cucked to death

The billionth digit of pi is 9

>>>>>>>>>>
>The billionth digit of pi is 9

I fucking love Huey

Just like Quiet did, cucked by the only person she loves and was deserted after being raped, which Snake is the direct cause of because he gave her to the soviets.

nth for most relevant part of the series

Based, intelligent, charming and sexy Quiet!

Peace day came when Venom forced Quiet out of MB and handed her to soviets and put a plan together to abandon her and break her heart.
After that Peace Day was on Mother Base permanently.

If Paz and Quiet were in different places, Venom would fugg Paz all the time and wouldn't have forced her out/let her leave abandon her for dead.
Venom would have brought back ANY OTHER chick that wasn't Quiet back with him instead of leading her to her heartbreak and death.

Yeah, Venom saw Paz as his gf because he screams "NO!" as she goes away.
Quiet saw Venom that way but Venom didn't care and ignored the shit out of Quiet.

He screamed "no" because she pulled a ticking bomb out of her stomach.
He also screams "no" when Quiet jumps into a pit of toxic gas because he was afraid he'd lose her forever.

He screams "HIT THE ALARM"

Not "No!" Because he didn't give a rats ass about her well-being.

FAINTLY

Same thing. More words mean more care.

MGSV, the story is left open to many interpretations, probably on purpose since the entire paz sequence means you can't trust what you see or hear, even on cassette tapes, and the whole game is filled with subtle symbolism (like the large patches of burned grass in africa suggesting the pmcs there might have liquidated the local populace rather than relocated them)

For example, Venom snake being the real big boss is a pretty valid theory, since it makes sense for big boss to have guilt about the medic the same way he has guilt about paz, because the medic giving his life for the boss in that chopper symbolizes the way the soldiers of the MSF all gave their life for him when motherbase went up in flames. It makes no sense for Venom Snake to suddenly have memories of the real big boss and ocelot having a conversation he didn't witness at the tail end of the game. there are other explanations though

As you play through missions, pictures relating to completed ones appear around the ACC, presumably placed by Venom. The only one there from the beginning is the picture with morpho from the hospital, with the medic folded over.

Now, from big boss's perspective, the last thing he remembers before the coma is the medic throwing himself in front of the explosion. The first thing he's told when he wakes up is that he's full of bone fragments from the medic who threw himself infront of him in the chopper

Boss keeps the photo, but folds over medic so he doesn't have to come to terms with his guilt over mother base. At the end of the game, after getting his revenge, and still feeling that emptiness, he unfolds the photo and you get mission 46: truth

In the end, he can't handle the guilt for mother base, instead replacing his psyche with medic, creating a perfect scenario where the real big boss does literally nothing for eleven years. Reminder that Venom is responsible for ALL the canon big boss activities until 1995, since according to 46 big boss took medic's face.

Not necessarily, he doesn't really scream it either, just loud enough for her to hear it and have her think he cares. He wasn't going to ever jump in.

Every fucking thing in episode 45, no quiet, IS PLANNED TO FUCKING BREAK QUIET'S HEART YOU FUCKING DIMWITS, YOU ALWAYS CONFIRM IT AND CONTINUALLY TRY TO ARGUE AGAINST IT.

>He was going to jump in before Ocelot held him back.
>Looked shocked and in disbelief when Ocelot was consoling him.
>Knocked the kids out of the way when he saw her crawling out.
>Pulled her out and carried her to safety. Cradling her in his arms.
He knew it was too late for Eli and Paz so he just yelled a generic "no".
For Quiet, he wasn't gonna give up. He wanted to do everything in his power to save her.

Also, he only shouted "no" for Paz because that's what Big Boss said. He doesn't say anything to her that the medic realistically wouldn't have heard Big Boss say.

Quiet was zero shit to Venom and you all fucking know this.
Quiet was delusional as fuck in ever EVER thinking he cared, expecting a divine sex session with him or something that would last for days.
The whole shit was to het her to want him romantically then tell her to fuck off so she would be unrequited and suffer one of the worst pain imaginable.

>Quiet was zero shit
Venom was Zero's shit. Quiet was Skull Face's masterpiece.

I don't know what this missions 45 shit you're going on about even is, the mission list goes 43,44,46,47

also how do you have quiet that far into the game? she dies in mission 11

Quiet was a zero in his life. a nothing that was to get her to be rejected and kill herself, or have Venom, the only person she loves, kill her with heartbreak.

You fucked up.

Every single thing was planned to get Quiet to fall in love with Venom under a delusion and die alone with nobody to care for her because he never ever did in reality.

You didn't have to kill her you know. You missed out on a fairly intense mission honestly.

That, and a pretty useful buddy.

If you want to go loud, she's extremely useful, and can cover your reckless ass very effectively.

you guys are idiots, she was obviously working with skull face, and had already tried to kill you once

Why you would let someone like that like is beyond me. Definitely not something I would ever do, definitely not something big boss would ever do

I think if they ever did get to fuck, not that Venom ever would want to, it would be steamy and hot and sexy and they would do it a couple times in a row.

Big Boss wouldn't have killed her. Skull Face spooked him silly, so he wanted to do everything in his power to prove he's a good guy. He's also a good Christian; he's all about giving people second chances.
>listening to Kaz
kek

They never did though because she is probably the only woman he has set eye on that is physically repulsive, shame there was no real words that we got confirming this.

The correct choice.

No, that's the wrong choice. It's out of character and leaves a big plot hole.

It's what happens in the end anyways, she dies bleeding from the heart because unequited love and she was deserted while she was watching him take off on pequod laughing. We won't ever get it confirmed though. Ever.

This is also the correct choice.
youtu.be/a-0Yz1opFmI

>It's out of character

what character?

Venom's

do people actually kill soldiers and not just fulton them?

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=OeruT-CUEMw
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Tyrone

Kiefer is a hack.

Indeed.

I've also killed him and it takes two shots to finish him. I've also completely ignored him just because it's what he does with quiet, played this game about 3-4 times.

To begin with, I only fulton them. After 22 there's no point since you can get better soldiers from event fobs. Unless you're trying to get a good score.

No.
Kill the pup to reunite him with his mom in doggo heaven instead of training him to hunt and kill humans.
Save Quiet so she can die a noble death and let her soul to rest in peace.

second playthrough I played no tranq, really lends to the experience for me (tranqs always broke my immersion in metal gear, not because of tech but rather narrative dissonance)

honestly I think it's the better way to play the game. Makes you feel like the real big boss when cqc is the only way to knock out enemies, plus you get much better weapon variety.

Also many people don't realize it's very easy to go loud and not get spotted as long as you're careful of line of sight. I play no markers or reflex and if I ever get spotted even without reflex there's enough time to pull out the shotgun and lay him out before he calls contact. much more satisfying than the tranquilizer pistol

Yes.

Quiet's soul was never at peace after Venom made her love unrequited because of that exact fact, look at the little mermaid, goes unrecognized by the man she loves after confessing, not only because of that but because of what she did, and how she looks and who she is.
She probably commited suicide the Ariel

most likely comitted suicide like Ariel*

>shotgun
the ultimate stealth weapon

I'm big fucking boss and I play by my own rules. I could use that tactic in the middle of the nova braga airport without triggering an alert

>17 posters

oh no...

and even then what do I care if they see me? I know I'm the only one leaving that encounter alive, other than the ones I choose to abduct for my private army

I count 17 post from the one autist alone.

Here's something that will spark some life in /mgg/.

I miss pre-TPP /mgg/ so much.

Was anyone here for when he had huge fucking theoryposting sessions about Big Boss's involvement in FRELIMO, RENAMO, and a bunch of other resistance movements in Southern Africa? God, it went on for fucking threads at a time. We'd pick apart the Konami-made trailer, and saw that there was a guy with his face bloodied to non-recognition, and we all freaked out thinking it was Frank.

Even when it wasn't speculation, we talked about the moral guidelines of Big Boss. We compared him to Castro, Che, and others. There was that BB/Kaz doujin. I'm pretty sure there was a thread full of sharing fan-made wallpapers and discussing music from the game. This place was so fucking alive, holy shit.

It's so sad having been here for so long and seeing it as it is now.

>inb4 "just leave faggot"

holy fuck i miss niles

Bad score, might kill the target, they might kill prisoners, snake looks like shit covered in blood. It's too easy to just kill everyone.

>Shitposting

Factposting about facts is not asinine, it's fact that Venom never touched Quiet. it's fact that Quiet wanted Venom to do all sorts of dirty things to her in the sheets. It's fact Quiet's love was unrequited and she died from suicide/heartbreak/Venom called a bomb down on her, we wont ever know.

i always thought after the snake eater revelation that the big boss decided not to kill soldiers because of how that mission left him

Venom always held his head up high whenever he sees he broke Quiet's heart, about 3 times. He really got a kick out of it by shutting her down all the time and cucking her with all of the female recruits above her cell.

He then forces her out of Motherbase and hands her to the soviets who take her virginity and he goes to kill her with heartbreak and so on and so forth

Ocelot is so cute.

Whatever happened to Quiet will never be known because nobody cared to look after her or for her.

Whether Quiet was happy with Venom or not, Venom didn't care and gave her the dirtiest looks possible to break her heart.
then had her thrown on a chopper with her photos and sinful butterfly,
she was crying the whole time,
and they handed to Quiet to the soviets.
Yada yada
She will always love him even though he abandoned her.
and dies.
Whether from shooting her brains out or parasites, other soviets?
we won't know because nobody cared about her well being.

the score from no reflex/alerts is enough to s-rank any mission alone, and regardless score means very, very little to me on my second playthrough.

Additionally, it's just as easy to get away with throwing tranquilizers everywhere. If anything the game is now harder since building motherbase requires much more effort. EVEN THEN difficulty means nothing, it's about the experience, and in my opinion the legend of big boss is much more satisfying with a hearty dose of battlefield guilt

Thay guy truly hated the female superhuman sniper with every fiber in his being, a sad plot of unrequited love.

the point about quiet is that no matter what you do her story ends in sorrow, whether you kill her at the ruins or she dies at the end of mission 45

so in a sense yes, no matter what happens, you, venom snake, are responsible for quiets death, either by pulling the trigger in mission eleven or continuing to use her despite having heard rumors about her leaving.

Either way her death is completely the player's responisbility

He really hated her, planned every single move against her, she was in love and he was absolutely put off by it, Kojima sure knows how to make a unrequited love story by making the person you love hate you with evrything he is.

Killing sentries is like actively dialing the difficulty back. Using tranquilizers with no stopping power on top of not dropping them instantly is more difficult.
If you put them to sleep, they'll wake up eventually. If you knock them out, they'll wake up even sooner. If you hold them up, not triggering an alert becomes more crucial. Fulton them and you risk alerting everyone.
Kill them and they're gone forever. Only four dudes will so up as reinforcements.

>big boss took medics face
what?

What has less of mean and is a bigger waste of time, reporting cheaters in pc phantom pain or reporting the Quiet spammer on here? Because nobody is doing shit about either of them.

The point is she either dies by your hands, wanting to get revenge, or she lets it go and dies of her own accord.

Quiet was basically pulled straight from tragedy theatre, made to be absolutely despised by the person she loves, hated by everyone and driven away from the only man she has deep positive feelings for and wants to make babies and live a wonderful life with him feelings, but as was just said he despises her, abhors her, tells her to fuck off and die.

She's forced to die of her own accrod because he deserts her.

is there any more?

how many times will I have to explain to you it's nothing to do with difficulty? do you just stop reading past 3 words?

Its simply more compelling gameplay than
>tranq
>fulton
>tranq
>fulton
>tranq
>tranq
>fulton
>fulton
ad infinitum

I got this picture of the actual cabinet.

here

youtu.be/edQvG6Gdxqc?t=6m40s

oh shit nice
where is that?

6:40 to answer

The guide itself literally states she dies alone, it's literally implyimg Venom thought she was 'you'll die alone' kind of ugly because he cared nada about her while Venom was all she has and all she knew and he deserts her.

They had it showcased in some KPE exhibition at Roppongi Midtown.

>line up head shot
>tranq
>check if coast is clear
>pick up guard
>pull them far off to the side where no one can see
>fulton
It's all about being ill fit for combat. It's more interesting to avoid it all coast than being confident that you can kill them all no sweat.

Venom was her light in the darkness, her fire, her hope and dreams of a future, but Venom didn't see any type of lifestyle or future that involved her in it.

What guide? She probably did die just like everyone else.

d-did you get to play it, user?

also, do you have any more shots of that exhibition book? with the HD renders of the mgs3 cast?

I wasn't actually there. I just took these images online