/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 20th:
1631 – The sack of Baltimore: The Irish village of Baltimore is attacked by Algerian pirates.
1837 – Queen Victoria succeeds to the British throne.
1840 – Samuel Morse receives the patent for the telegraph.
1900 – Boxer Rebellion: The Imperial Chinese Army begins a 55-day siege of the Legation Quarter in Beijing, China.
1940 – World War II: Italy begins an unsuccessful invasion of France.
1942 – The Holocaust: Kazimierz Piechowski and three others, dressed as members of the SS-Totenkopfverbände, steal an SS staff car and escape from the Auschwitz concentration camp.

>News
EU4 DD16/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-16th-of-june-2016.948773/

CK2 DD 8 - Life goes on
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-8-life-goes-on.939724/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5 - 18/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/jdX64
strawpoll.me/10528922
moddb.com/mods/victoria-ultimate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>>/pol/77863176
pls use this thread for shitposting

Reposting from last thread:

Because the last poll was so heavily skewed in favor of a historical character, it doesn't need to go on any further. I'm calling it early so that I can post the final poll now.

I've created a smaller imgur album with just the images and notes for the Levant & Euphrates basin, to help everyone with the poll:

imgur.com/a/jdX64
imgur.com/a/jdX64

As before, this poll allows multiple choices and will continue to run for about a day. After that we'll have a short run-off if necessary (there are fewer options this time, so it might not be), and the final starting location and character will finally be set.

The poll:

strawpoll.me/10528922
strawpoll.me/10528922

Reminder

Reminder to pay for the games you play

thanks for the reminder danny boy

Reminder Vickymod is better than Alexmod's economy and shit decisions

Rob, are you here?

I don't get it

I see nothing wrong

These are all facts

>Rob permamobilizes in MP games (No one else does this because it's gamey and a bit ridiculous. When confronted, the autist will say that permamobilizing makes the game more difficult)
>Rob is prone to anger, further sign of his latent terminal autism. He once banned me from a game because I declared war on him as Spain. (see the "why are you being a nigger" screen for further evidence)
>Rob suffers from selective memory and only remembers what is convenient.
>Rob edited his mod based on his country of the week. If he played as Austria, he would buff Austria and release a new version.
>Rob has pretended to crash several times only to delete his enemies armies and blame it on "the desync".
>Rob went through a phase where he only played as Spain, and as a result he added some ridiculous decisions, events and cores for Spain in his meme mod (including Spanish Sicily)
>Rob is angry that people no longer use his mod for some odd, pathetic reason - this is probably all he has in his sad, sad life.

These are just the facts. While I do feel sorry for the poster child for Ritalin, our home grown autist mascot here, he truly is one of the most despicable, childish and autistic "players" I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Truth napalm. Pathetic little Robbie and his shitposting buddies (Fruitcommando and 0us, just to name a few) might try to shitpost about HPM in a similar style. Don't let them win. Report and ignore.

This message was brought to you by /gsg/mp

This is new level of denial even for the r&i autist

Lad, when is this starting?

Could we move this thread to /thrash/ because holy shit the shitposting.

Why is everyone being called names in this thread?

>The Holocaust

t. reddit

treddit

Reminder in Alexmod pops eat nothing but steel and liquor.

Fuck Austria, fuck Germany, fuck fake slavs (Romanians)

Reminder that Alex Grandi is an enemy of the people

>0us
hey fuck you too GR

>playing a shitposter mod
wew, how would you like your economy lad?

Stop bullying Alex or I'll personally have the janny ban you

t. HPMIDF

t, Rob

t. HPM

talex

Alright so due to recent discussions on the topic, I decided to make a list of /gsg/-related anime.

>GOAT tier
Legend of Galactic Heroes
The Cockpit

>Very good tier
Zipang
Jin-Roh the wolf Briagde
Royal Space Force (The Wings of Honneamise)
Hyouge Mono

>Interesting tier
Kumo no You ni, Kaze no You ni
Flag
Night Raid 1931
The Rose of Versailles and Eikou no Napoleon – Eroica
Miss Hokusai

>PTSD tier
Grave of the Fireflies
Barefoot Gen

>Comfy SoL tier
Sora No Woto
Pumpkin Scissors

>GUNDAMU
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam 08
Mobile Suit Gundam I
Turn A Gundam

>pleby tier
Code Geass

Also some interesting mangoes
A Bride's Story
Haikara-san ga Tōru
Wolfsmund
Takemitsuzamurai
Phoenix
Message to Adolf
Historie

R8, h8, master8

NNM is a shitposter mod?

Alex is MAD

Reminder all Alexmod is a shitposter that stole from PDM,NNM, and Vickymod.

fuck off dirty weeb

Holy shit this thread I'm literally crying from laughter.

Someone send help

>it's not IRON STEEL and COAL so its a shitposter mod

fuck off

Yes

I answered that (not sure if you were the one who asked) here:

>LoGH
>good
When will this meme end

So what's a good mod faggot? Let me guess, PDM?

anime is for pedophialic man children srsly stop

>Tfw the other guy breaks your non-aggression pact

When it stops being true.
That said it's an enormous series, there is bound to be some stupid shit.
t. Rob

Less memes so yeh

What are the benefits of justifying war for more than one province in HoI4? There's no peace or integration cost like in EU IV.

Robmod

Ultimate

see

Lol anyone remember the shitstorm here when that faggot tried to make people pay $5 to download his mod?

trob

Nice false flagging Rob

Oh, hello there.

This is the Byzantine Emperor currently fending off the forces of the Pope

I suppose in all honesty the opposing forces aren't that impressive but still

So this is the grand strategy audience...

you got me

wtf i just checked the moddb page for it and a new guy is working on it but he said this in the comments

>We've been told to cease production completely. Apparently our content goes counter sensitivities up top. Again I apologise to all our fans and thank mod db for their support.

moddb.com/mods/victoria-ultimate

What did Johan do?

>>Tfw the other guy breaks your non-aggression pact

>playing Alexmod

Alright, can we put the memes aside for a moment and all agree that, for what it set out to do, HoI4 is a success? It gave us a WWII grandstrat free from all the archaic bullshit of Darkest Hour, and also much easier to get into then HoI3. Can anyone here honestly say they enjoy wasting an hour to fix their OoB every time they start a game of HoI3? Not to mention that, rather than needing to tediously micromanage industry like in other HoI games, HoI4's industry is both streamlined as well as more intuitive than the previous games. Yeah, it's true that HoI4 leads to more "ahistorical" scenarios, but isn't that the point? Why even bother playing the game if the outcome is predetermined form the start? Moreover, from a pure gameplay perspective, giving the player more options, whether they be historical or ahistorical, is a total success. Sure, Mosley ruling Britain never could have happened in reality, but it's fun to have the ability to easily do so in video game form.

Overall, I feel that HoI4 is getting a lot of undeserved hate simply because it isn't a total copy of HoI3 with slightly better graphics. Of COURSE the game is different - HoI3 already exists, there would be no point to making the same game again! HoI4 may be different, but that's by design, not by some unforeseen flaw, and it should be celebrated for the changes it made, not hated on.

the ownership of this mod is really fucked up lad. There's like 5 different versions of it being worked on by 5 different modders.

What are the benefits of justifying war for more than one province in HoI4? There's no peace or integration cost like in EU IV.

>Playing Steelmod

There's a project called Ultimate Rebooted that's still updating kek

Alexmod is the worst mid you could ever play. You would have to be a complete nigger to play it. I'm glad Rob organized this raid on half chan.

Fuck off 0us, you were so much of a fag that I even had to kick you out of Radical Yugoslavia.

t. Cobra

Whatchya guys up to /gsg/?

Looks like a Civ map

Rob is back cofirmed

Rob is based

Rob is based, Alex is a butthurt faggot

t. rob

wrecking Prussia in Liquoria 2

Rob is based

It kind of does yeah, What I'm doing is adapting the MEIOU for EUIII map to vicky, parts of it are really cool, other parts need work, not to mention the graphical bugs.

t. alex

Stop lying, he is still in your memegroup and we all know he is your spy here. I don't know why Kojak refuses to get rid of him.

Aren't you the memester that genocided the aryan people of Slovenia?

7 + 1 chan is raiding us?

>steel only 4th most produced good
>while liquor is 2nd
uhhhhh wow dude -______- get with the times kiddo. liquor is out, steel is in. duh. im kicking u out of the clique u fukkin nerd, u arnt cool enough to roll with us nemore

that was eu4 but yes

>Occitania
>Wallonia

This maps triggers HPM.

Has anyone here actually finished the second world war as the Axis? I tend to get bored around 1942-43 when the performance goes to shit, and there's literally no way to make the US surrender except a fucking landing, which is ridiculous.

8gag is dead, son

Nope. Germany doesn't invade neither the British Isles nor America, so the game continues in a boring stalemate, even if Germany occupied all of the European Allies.

I did it once in DH

played until 1953

"No"
the /gsg/ over there is nearly dead aside from a few lads who post random shit. Rob hasn't posted on there in over a year now.

t. otherchan /gsg/ janny

I played until 1945 as Axis. USA has surrendered but Canada and UK are still fighting. Soviet Union still exists too, because for some reason they saw fit to declare war on the allies.

how the fuck do you know me

Actually finished a game as Japan in HoI 4, never bothered in 3 though.

why the fuck are you impersonating me

t. not cobra

Pulling off Sealion in my germania game was piss easy. A very simple navy I built consisting of what you start with plus a few battleships and cruisers easily demolished the Royal Navy, there were no divisions guarding any part of the British coastline, and I was easily able to sweep up through Britain and force them to capitulate within a month of landing.

I thought at first the AI had just sent all its troops to the colonies or something, but I was also able to force South to capitulate by landing two (2!) divisions in Egypt, right clicking on Cape Town, and leaving them alone for a year as they marched through Africa.

played usa joined fascist and stomped the whole western hemisphere

Fuck off I'm the real 0us

t. 0us

I prefer to play smaller nations and don't focus too much on the Navy, so if Germany/Italy doesn't do shit, I can't be bothered.

Who should I play in HPM?

historical accuracy

You shouldn't have cut Germany off like that, 100% will break the AI