Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Hobber edition

Previous thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/Soaryn?ty=h
github.com/xenoswift/puretrainport
the-grimoire-of-gaia.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1284614-grimoire-of-gaia-3-1-8-9-1-3-3-4-03-2016-mobs?page=174#c3592
imgur.com/gallery/WTeR8
youtu.be/GVN17U3Vg34
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same user. It's still habbeding.

no info about the new snapshot in OP?

shit thread

>enchanting, done right
>feels cheaty
maybe having enchants at all just isn't for you.
but if that feels cheaty then ticon damned well better feel worse.

recommend me some mods

slashblade
amt
bamboomod
lasercraft
that nip multiblock mod
shincolle
mekanism
magneticraft
atomic science if you can dig it up

>find a hungry node
>seal it up tight
>set up my ae2 autocrafters to make crafting tables forever

haha technomancy

Why are Thaumcraft golems so cute?
>tfw no golem bf

How the fuck are you supposed to counter Witchery in PvP? They can literally just throw a potion down with massive area of effect that strips you of all your armour and then kill you in one hit.

What are some good big modpacks

Industry serb that's coming soon
and the one you make

I want a pre-done one because I want some degree of discovery of what's in a pack, going in knowing exactly what I put in it would be slightly less fun.

Can you guys believe that this jerk is stealing $30 a month?

patreon.com/Soaryn?ty=h

I mean, he's not even pretending that his mod is still in development.

by telling the serb owner to turn off taglocking

antimatter bombs from icbm work pretty well.

>8.5 stacks of diamonds
:^)

Fantasy worldbuilding user come back here

I never added you to Skype

>Some user has been working on a Traincraft clone: github.com/xenoswift/puretrainport
>last comment
>4 months ago
wow

IIRC someone removed it once and people complained, so I left it in.

Everything in the NEWS section of the OP is at least 4 months old
so yeah

>dumping in endless crafting tables
Thanks user, now I know exactly how to set up this hungry node I have for maximum autism.

>Grimoire of Gaia revamped, changlog here: the-grimoire-of-gaia.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog

I was curious, still using 1.7.10, so haven't even looked at the changelog, but decided to just now:

>Removed Kobold
Why?

>Removed chest animation from Futachi Onna, Nine Tails, Succubus
I've had GoG for a good year now and literally only just noticed this on a Nine Tails. Probably because I don't tend to hang out in biomes where these spawn, but I noticed it and laughed. Thought it was a fun thing.

Why remove it?

>>Why remove it?
1.8.9 fucked up animations somehow or something I think, the TC wand lost it's anim at least.

Oh. Good. That means it might be readded in the future if people can get things worked out.

I was worried it was some SJW bullshit.

>>I was worried it was some SJW bullshit.
It might be. I have no fucking clue to be honest with you.
I hope it's not and I'm right.
Else we could lose all the waifu mods.

$30 is nothing. just look at pahimar's.

Nah, entity rendering didn't get changed in any major way from 1.7 -> 1.8, just a bunch of refactoring really. I can confirm the animations still worked in 1.8, not sure why that or the kobolds were removed, i thought they were cute. My guess is that it was an art direction thing.

He did just release 0.3.0 or EE3, and owns forgrecraft server which is probably a nightmare to maintain and configure and stuff. So he is at least doing *something*

>stealing
what he's doing is no more stealing than a game you preordered being shitty is.

No. Not at all. Those people are still paying money every month. It's more like subscribing to an MMO except you subscribed before the MMO came out and said MMO developers ran away but you're still paying them.

that's wrong though

After searching through the thread on the minecraft forums, looks like Kobold was removed because they looked almost exactly the same as the Werecats

As for the breasts... can't say for sure. Doesn't seem to be a single comment on it.

However, every female monster had their model updated. Slimmer waist in some cases, new legs, new clothes, other things. I imagine the breast bounce disappeared somewhere along this process. Maybe because the new models weren't rigged the same as the old ones? I don't know. I don't even know how they did the bounce in the first place.

>implying that literally anyone cares about EE3

It's taken the guy fucking years and he still hasn't released the mod. There's no chance in hell that even if he released it next year that he'd be able to keep it maintained.

What's are the keys to a thematically appropriate base for a blood mage?

think edge

smoked quartz, obsidian, red wool, any blocks that glow red, periodic waterfalls of blood that are backlit with red lights.

or, you know, the usual

Favorite screamo bands posters on the walls, together with pics of depressed boys with black angel wings and cut wrists. Computercraft or the like for the access to the internet for attentionwhoring.

Thanks for the ideas, I think I will go with a black and white with minimal red accents design.

>pic related

I'm curious, do you have a link to that? I felt they were pretty different, sure they look similar on a base level but they filled different roles and themes, from a pouncing wild critter to more civilized weapon toting creatures.

For the most part vanilla animations are tied to values passed from events like walking and the head focusing on objects. The bouncing, and all other rotations like limb movement are based on that one value. I did some digging and in this case they're directly dependent on how the right leg is moving.
>this.rightchest.rotateAngleX = this.rightleg.rotateAngleX - 0.9599311F;
Also the model code is the same object format so it would take just that line to enable that feature again.

Is there any reason for me to keep this cow around?
I've never messed with Witchery but as far as I can tell all this does is give me weakness if I stand in a puddle of it.

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1284614-grimoire-of-gaia-3-1-8-9-1-3-3-4-03-2016-mobs?page=174#c3592

is the exact post.

Again, couldn't find a single word about the chest animation.

Make a freakin' MOAT out of that stuff.

I don't think so. The Brew of Hollow Tears only buffs demons and the undead and weakens players. It is probably useful if you have Imps as a slave and you want to farm particular mobs that are not undead or a demon.

We colors and teleports now on hoboserb

Re-class a best

>implying the best KanColle isn't Isolated Island Demon
Pleb

How do I add thaumcraft loot bags to infernal mobs?

how to start shincolle? Is there an in game instruction book I can make?

>bouncing tits
I never noticed that either, time to get GoG back into my pack and figure out a way to make it work with Highlands.
Yes, a book and quill surrounded by grudge. You can also find abyssal admiral's desks as dungeon loot around, which have an in-built manual.

I'm building a shelter which has single rooms connected going down by a ladder. Which rooms should I include which have an individual purpose but are also useful? So far I have:

>crafting room
>smelting room
>animal breeder/cooker room
>bedroom
>armoury
>enchanting room
>brewery
>portal room

Any others?

Updated my wall designs.
Check out the gallery here:
imgur.com/gallery/WTeR8

>Pvp
>Minecraft

It's a damn perfect analogy tbqh fampai

youtu.be/GVN17U3Vg34

You are gonna need a big storage room, and maybe, a way to the mine

room of botes

By throwing them a better potion, of course, they quickly get expensive as fuck tho

Or just taglock the dude and mess with him in retaliation :^)

Cheers, forgot to say I already have a storage room. No mine entrance for now, I prefer exploring and finding new cave systems to excavate along with dungeons.

A wut?

Kobolds were removed because Silentine thought they were redundant since werecats looks nearly identical, I tried my damndest to get him to re-implement them but got nowhere. It's not SJW's bullshit with anything in the mod, the author is asian, he doesnt give a shit about first world problems, trust me, i'm the guy that gave SIlentine that push into 1.8.9, I had to go through a lot of bullshit to get a contact email, and from what he said, he had no idea at all that minecraft had updated, whats more the mod wouldn't have updated without help from another modder on here.

>he had no idea at all that minecraft had updated
I don't know why but the fact that you mentioned he was asian plus this had me in stitches.

Some more birchwood walls

Jesus christ, you trumpniggers never get tired of this guy?

P I C N I C

Do you have any examples of mob (spider really) proof medieval style walls?

Not him and not a good builder either, but this shitty orcish-like stronghold is generally what you're looking for against spiders. Some horizontally protruding bump that will block their ascend upwards.

Just use the overhang, like you see on the little gatehouse

I know how to defend against spiders n00b I was just curious about new designs. I prefer upside down staircase with alternating single and double blocks on top for parapets, gives it a more natural look.

I just didnt use the parapets all over the walls, to give more emphasis to the tower-corners. But if you thicken up the towers to 5x5 it would maintain the same look.

He pays attention to minecraft in waves, like, he only gets that urge to play every once in awhile.He didn't say which country in asia he lived in despite all my prodding, but he did say that money is always tight where he lives. Made me start saving up money so I could buy him some things he wanted, since, even though he removed the best model from his mod, he still deserves more than he gets, especially since he refuses to do any sort of patreon thing because he wants his modding to remain hobby and not a job.

First idea I came up with

Quick! Post factories!

Will destroying the node make the grass go back to normal color?

No, the biome actually changes to sinister.

No way to set up some thaumcraft machine and fix it?

not back to the original, no.

>machine
Ethereal Bloom cures Eerie biomes.
Any other biome-changing feature from other mods also work.

You're going to have to destroy the node to prevent it from spreading back.

:-DDDDD

>Ethereal Bloom cures Eerie biomes.
>never knew this
>every time I found a sinister node in my base I just used a technomancy biome converter to change everything into eerie
i feel dumb

Why do people think it's okay to give advice towards using a mod they've literally never used before?

>Why do people think it's okay to give advice towards using a mod they've literally never used before?
I've used TC before, just never ethereal blooms.
Never needed to.

I meant, like, a building. Like smokestacks and brickwork and such

:DD

Thanks! Guess it's time to break out the old research table.

Fuck you and your racist generalizations of what makes a factory.

what are those input output blcoks

Ender IO capacitors.

why do you have tiny men in boxes

These are Glassed Modders. They generate Drama which is fed into Drama Generators which produces RF

Wait… why isn't the dude in the cube the person who crafted it? Looks like a retarded choice

Anyone has experience managing a MCProHosting server?
I just got a small one for me and a pal, but mods aren't working correctly, I'm already not that mod savvy but I can't get runecraft, brewery and MCmmo to work properly

Because it wouldn't be a factory without slaves doing the work for you. But mostly they don't overflow like the standard automatic sieve

But if it was you then how would people wank over having their favorite modders and youtube stars working away in their world? And how would the mod maker be able to charge money for the privilege of being one of those little box people?

>he refuses to do any sort of patreon thing because he wants his modding to remain hobby and not a job.
sounds like an honorable samurai, keeping things as they should be

I missed everything regarding Better with mods.
There's basically nothing of interest in the configs aside from hardcore buckets, does it forces hardcore beds, random respawn and all that BTW jazz on you?

What does it do?

It looks like those are just all the tiers of mekanism factory blocks, where are upgraded versions of mekanism machines that accept 3, then 5, then the final tier, 7, items to process at once.