So i've accrued about 4k in a checking account

So i've accrued about 4k in a checking account.
I don't have any cash.
That's the problem. I'm in a situation where I need to skip town for... I don't know how long. I can't go around using my bank card.

Can I just walk into the bank and take all 4k at once?

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.zacks.com/federal-banking-rules-withdrawing-large-sums-cash-1696.html
autismspeaks.org/
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/25/how-oklahoma-cops-took-53000-from-a-burmese-christian-band-a-church-in-omaha-and-an-orphanage-in-thailand/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, why wouldn't you? It's your money

i think every bank has upper limit for dialy withdrawals and if u need more than that you need to tell them day in advance or something like that.
but for 4k i think you are good just walk in

You're probably going to need the Board of Directors to sign off on such a large amount. Probably want to call a couple of days in advance to let them know you'll be stopping by, that way they can assemble the team to approve the transaction.

Nah, you don't need any approval or contact with board of directors unless the amount is larger, like $10k+

I buy a lot of used cars and pull cash out of my bank pretty frequently. Never had a problem, and I've pulled out $6k multiple times

This thread is hilarious.

$4k?

Rofl what made you think a bank would have THAT much cash on hand

Yeah, you can go take all the money out. Make sure you're aware of if your account has a minimum balance though. A lot of "free" checking accounts are only free if you have a certain balance, so taking everything out and leaving the account open might subject you to such fees.

>Can I just walk into the bank and take all 4k at once?

That's going to look pretty suspicious. It's not illegal to pull out that much cash at one time but the bank is going to ask a lot of questions. What you should do is come up with a good story now. Under no conditions should you tell them you are skipping town, that's going to raise a lot of red flags. Good luck, user. Hope it all works out for you.

I don't believe any of that. You might pull $600 out a day, but for anything over $5,000 you typically need American Banking Association membership.

If you don't have the Board of Directors approval, that is.

No bank is going to question him about his withdrawal, and he can choose to tell them he's skipping town. It's his money, not theirs.

I remember this one time I withdrew $600 from my bank. The teller wouldn't let me leave without letting the branch manager know what I was hatching/planning with such a large withdrawal. I told her I'd fetch my lawyer if my money wasn't in my hand within five minutes.

Banks don't want a lawsuit on their hands.

A few grand is nothing. Hell rent in San Francisco for a month will cost more than that.

one time i took $200 out of my account in cash! and the FBI came to my house wondering if I was going to flee the country with my own money....

never again

>I remember this one time I withdrew $600 from my bank. The teller wouldn't let me leave without letting the branch manager know what I was hatching/planning with such a large withdrawal
This is pretty common, especially for any large amounts over $500. You called their bluff but it's a good thing they didn't get the police/irs involved. Probably not the best idea to threaten with lawyers. If it was me I would just answer all their questions (obviously not being fully honest) and get out of there as fast as I can. I have heard of people not being so lucky and they were only pulling out $1k.

I don't care what you don't believe, and I have absolutely no reason to lie about this.

What country are you from? Because here in the USA I can walk into my bank and pull out a few thousand dollars without any issues, and have done so at least half a dozen times in the last 4 years. I once asked the bank cashier about the max amount of money I can withdrawal at once, and she said anything under $10k is fine, and for withdrawals of over $10k I would need to notify them in advance.

Nobody is going to tell me how to spend my money. Next time I'm going to threaten to close my account.

And $1,000? Man, that's scary to think about. I'd be afraid that the teller would relay the 411 about my withdrawal to some of her friends, and I'd get jacked outside the bank.

No way would I ever take that type of loot out, unless it was given to me in a cashier's check.

I play it safe, though. Smart with money, you could say.

>implying the FBI would get involved for anything less than $10 grand

It's not like OP is trying to do credit card fraud here. He is just pulling his money out of the bank. You can pull out $200 from an ATM and not even have to talk to a teller. Anything over a few hundred and it takes a little more red tape, though. The bank manager has to approve any large withdrawals just to make sure that nothing illegal is happening. If they think there is something suspicious, they have a legal obligation to work with the authorities. $4 grand is a huge amount of money. I just think OP should be extremely careful, that's all.

$10,000?!! In cash?!!!

That teller was lying to you. Don't you know when you are being set up? That's a sting operation. Hope it was worth acting like a big shot down at your bank.

10,000 in cash is entirely doable. You're a retard. It seems most people on this board are either incredibly poor and stupid or just stupid to think you can't withdraw that kind of money. That's not some fantastical sum. You should see what some places charge for rent if you think that's outrageous.

>his money
m8 I'm not sure how up to speed you are on banking law, but once it's in the bank, it's their money and they're the ones who approve loaning it back to customers

>American Banking Association
>Board of Directors approval
This is literally normal shit they need to teach in school

>once it's in the bank, it's their money and they're the ones who approve loaning it back to customers

I didn't know that but thanks for the information. It makes a lot of sense now that you mention it.

I'm a retard? Cunt, I'm the only one here trying to keep the OP from potentially getting into trouble. You're the one telling tall tales about your banking escapades. If you have ever studied banking laws, like I have, you'd be able to spot bullshit, too.

OP's best bet is to hit up different ATMs to withdraw his money. Sure he's going to pay some fees, and he'll have to spread his withdrawals out over several days, maybe even several weeks, depending on his bank's exact withdrawal rules, but it's a lot better than going into the bank like some baller and withdrawing all of his money in one fell swoop. Going to raise a red flag, like others have written about.

You're the perfect example as to why women shouldn't be allowed to talk business on here.

This thread has to be the most informative thread on Veeky Forums right now. Thanks for all the good information, bros. You are doing us a great service.

finance.zacks.com/federal-banking-rules-withdrawing-large-sums-cash-1696.html

>Federal law allows you to withdraw as much cash as you want from your bank accounts. It's your money, after all. Take out more than a certain amount, however, and the bank must report the withdrawal to the Internal Revenue Service, which might come around to inquire about why you need all that cash.
>A 1970 anti-money-laundering law known as the Bank Secrecy Act spells out the rules for large cash withdrawals. In general, banks must report any transaction involving at least $10,000 in cash.

The teller wasn't lying, and this has nothing to do with a fucking sting operation. You think pulling $6k out of the bank to buy a car is being a "big shot"? You must be really fucking poor.

You're quoting the wrong person. I agreed with you. 6k is nothing.

ROFL!

Nice diversion, faggot.

>Quotes some fucking 'Zacks Finance' website

Right, sorry.

Is meant for

Digging yourself into a retard hole, are you?

>implying that source isn't reputable and accurate

Nice counter arguement faggot!
Oh wait......

Bank Secrecy Act? Now I know you are clueless. May as well have called it Bank Ninja Act. Fuck off with that nonsense.

Don't be so gullible and believe everything you read. First off, assuming this "Bank Secrecy Act" is true, read the term "in general" and perhaps try to understand what that really means.

You really need to study banking laws more.

Pretty much this. I would not take finance advice from some obscure website, especially when it comes to something as serious as withdrawing gigantic sums of money from the bank. That article was full of a lot of misinformation. The only accurate part was that they will report you to the IRS, but they are not limited to amounts just over $10k. They can also do it for large amounts over $500 as well. If the bank suspects any amount of criminal activity, by law they have to report to the local authorities. As someone else had pointed out, it's not your money until it is physically in your hand. Read the banking laws.

>They can also do it for large amounts over $500 as well
Hey friend, I don't mean to nitpick, but I believe it's actually any amount over $20. Bankers refer to it as the '2 tens' rule.

Exactly! Finally, someone gets it. They can report anything they want, if their suspicions are aroused, especially if the OP Bandit is as shady as I think he is. And they know his banking activities better than you and I do.

You can't fool the banks, that's one thing I've learned.

>"in general"
Bingo. The Bank Secrecy Act is a general guideline. Anyone who takes it literally treads a fine line. This user knows his stuff.

Don't spread misinformation. I swear, this is why I never even bother to comment here. 20? Give me a break.

>First off, assuming this "Bank Secrecy Act" is true,
It is
>read the term "in general" and perhaps try to understand what that really means.
It means that in general, banks must report you to IRS when the amount withdrawn is over $10k. The reason they use the term "in general" is because there are exceptions to that rule.
>Banks must also report transactions that are less than $10,000 when they believe that the dollar amount of those transactions was specifically chosen to avoid triggering the Bank Secrecy Act. Federal regulations refer to these as "structured" transactions. Withdrawing $9,990 will probably raise a red flag as a potentially structured transaction. In fact, any transaction, regardless of the amount, that the bank deems suspicious can trigger a report.

If you are obviously trying to side step the regulations by pulling out an amount close to the limit, they will report you.

That being said, OP is not going to get flagged for pulling out $4k. Just like I was not flagged on any of the multiple times that I pulled out $3-6k in cash from my bank. Because the amount is not close to the limit of $10k, and the activity was not seen as suspicious by the bank. It seems that YOU are the one that needs to study bank laws more, faggot. Now please, stop making incorrect claims, you're making yourself look stupid

autismspeaks.org/

Calm down buddy, it's pretty fucking obvious 3 of us are having a laugh.

I'm going to admit I was wrong about the Bank Secrecy Act. I don't study banking laws that have zero relevance in today's times.

First off, that's a 1970 law. Don't you know anything about inflation? You need to study that term. Different times.

And you must be sitting on a large amount of money to be able to withdraw all willy-nilly like you are claiming you do.

If he only has $4,000 in his account, and he tries to withdraw ALL of his money, that could be considered a "run on the bank," (please tell me you know what that means), and for sure the proper authorities will be notified.

Go back to 1970 with your thoughts, fucko.

Thank you. It's as if Mr. 1970 has ANY idea as to what the CURRENT banking rules/regulations mean.

Disco Man needs to study up.

I have to agree here. The average American is in debt so having $4000 in the bank is a notable sum. They use PTW (percentage of total account value) to determine the risk factors of withdrawals. If you are extremely wealthy and have $100,000 in the bank then a $4,000 withdrawal is only 4 PTAV so would not raise any red flags. If you have $4,000 in the bank, however, then withdrawing the total amount is 100 PTAV. Seriously, anything over 10 PTAV looks suspicious. My mom worked in a bank so I know what I am talking about. I can tell you that they do not make this information public, but it will bite you in the ass regardless.

>They use PTW
Sorry, typo. PTW (percentage of total wealth) is for loan authorization. PTAV (percentage of total account value) is for large withdrawals. They use other metrics to determine risk factors too. I would not advise OP to withdraw 100 PTAV. That is asking for an IRS audit and possible criminal investigation.

Indeed, they don't make it public. Why would they? It's not as if they don't want the opportunity to seize all your money.

We still haven't even broached the subject of the bills being marked, assuming he can even withdraw the money, but that's a different beast all together.

On the run with marked bills?

GAME OVER, SON.

Cool, I thought that PTW was a tad bit askew in this particular scenario, but the jest of the message was dead on.

You seem like a conservative fella, and that's what's needed in this predicament. Enough planning, and I think the OP can do it. Just can't go in guns blazing, like some of these fucks think.

Have to be smart and prudent when dealing with banks.

You guys are right, I don't know very much about banking laws. I'm just going off some quick google searches I did, trying to help answer OP's question.

So let me ask you "experts" a question. You claim that pulling large amounts of cash money from the bank will get you red flagged and in trouble. I understand that completely. The person I spoke to at the bank told me that the current laws allow you to pull up to $10k from your account without issue. Google confirmed that. I understand there are exceptions to this, for when they suspect that a withdrawal under $10k is illegitimate and they flag you for it.

All I've been trying to say this whole time is that a $4k withdrawal shouldn't get you flagged. I have done it on a number of occasions, and my friends and family have as well on different occasions, usually to buy used cars. So my question is, why do you think OP will have a problem withdrawing his money? In my personal experience, the banks have never given me issues, and no one I know has had any issues either.

> If you are extremely wealthy and have $100,000 in the bank
What the fuck am I reading here...

Google? C'mon man, be serious. Look, I don't know your banking history is, what size bank it is, what town you are in, etc. etc., but this OP has obviously been up to no good.

His banking history has probably already been flagged, especially if he has that type of cash just sitting around. You think he deposited legit employment checks in there?

I swear, sometimes I wished I lived in an ignorant, fantasy land like some of you do. Where life is all about popcorn and bubblegum. It's obvious the OP is more than likely involved in a MAJOR criminal enterprise.

> I have done it on a number of occasions, and my friends and family have as well on different occasions, usually to buy used cars.

Honestly? You got lucky. That's not to say that you aren't on their radar though. It may not catch up with you now but sooner or later this type of stuff comes back on you. Since you admitted that you are not familiar with banking laws, you should familiarize yourself with them. Even then, there are policies and procedures that banks follow that may not specifically be outlined in legislation. For example, did you know that if you lounge around in a bank for more than 30 minutes without making a transaction then they distribute your picture to other banks as a possible threat for bank robbery? Your face could be on the watchlist of Wells Fargos database just because you were waiting for a family member. You have to be really careful.

>It may not catch up with you now but sooner or later this type of stuff comes back on you
I'm curious, how exactly will it affect you if you get flagged? I mean, I wasn't doing anything illegal, just buying some cars

Read up on civil forfeitures. They don't need to prove guilt to seize your assets, just suspicion of guilt. Withdrawing and having large amounts of cash on hand, especially anything over $1000 is risky and if a bank thinks that you have anything to hide, they will report it to authorities or the IRS. An IRS audit is the least of your worries though.

>washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/25/how-oklahoma-cops-took-53000-from-a-burmese-christian-band-a-church-in-omaha-and-an-orphanage-in-thailand/

>money laundering laws are used for those with 4k in account
what the fuck is wrong with america

This. Civil forfeitures are fairly common nowadays. An uncle of mine withdrew $1500 from a bank and they must have flagged him because the police raided his apartment later that afternoon. I would not want to be in OPs position. Like other people have said, he should withdraw the amounts in small increments over time, especially if he plans to skip town.

forgot to add

>be american
>withdraw own money
>get audited
>get criminally investigated

>guilty until proven innocent
god i love revenue laws

Thanks for backing me up. I don't think enough people know the risks involved with withdrawing enormous amounts of money like OP is attempting to do.

Holy shit this thread is awesome. Only on Veeky Forums.

Ok retards hold your horses for 10 seconds.

I work as a lead teller at a chase bank and you are all so wrong it hurts (except for that one guy).

Here is how it works based on federal law and bank policy.

You can withdrawl any amount of cash under 10001 without any forms being filed or any "flags" IF doing something like this is normal based on your account history.

If Op has never withdrew more than a couple hundred before they will file a suspicious activity report. They will also ask op what he plans to do with the money during small talk. Say something normal like " im am going to buy a used car" and they will write that on the report and no one will ever follow up. If you refuse to awnser or say something retarded then they will follow up.

Tbh op just act and dress normal and it wont be an issue.

Now all you other retards. If some one withdrawls over 10k then by law a bank must file a Currency transaction report. There are no ways around this. 10k per day hard rule for cash in or out. But this is just a simple record keeping tool so that feds can keep track of cash money. No one is investigating these. We do hundreds per week. They will come looking for the ctr as evidence if they charge you with something, but they wont come after you just because you deposited 30k cash.

As for manager overrides those are just checks to make sure the retarded teller didnt fuck anything up and accidentally send your 5k mortgage payment into your ira. They dont even look at the client.

Any other bank related questions feel free to ask.

You guys didn't reply fast enough the FBI found me

GG no re

Whatever you say, Mr. "Banker."

I've read all sorts of stories about the FEDS lingering these threads, didn't know it was true.

Move along, Law Dog.

obvious troll is trolling.

Don't take the bait OP, he's trying to get you to delete system 32. It's the oldest game in the book. What you should do, is go into that bank, withdraw $40 cash, then walk to the back of the line and do that again 99 more times. You will be technically above reproach and untouchable. They can't do shit, because you din do nuffin.

don't listen to this guy, he's obviously FBI

What's it like to just sit in the same thread for several hours and shitpost

>For example, did you know that if you lounge around in a bank for more than 30 minutes without making a transaction then they distribute your picture to other banks as a possible threat for bank robbery? Your face could be on the watchlist of Wells Fargos database just because you were waiting for a family member. You have to be really careful.

I hope this is satire. Do you actually think banks have in real time facial recognition? Or even a computer program capable of telling how long you have been in a bank?

You have been watching to many movies.

I hope you gained some wisdom.

Frankly, I feel I should leave my Trump coin address here for you fellas, giving free, sound advice for you all to ponder and meditate on.

>lead teller at a chase bank

More like Chase public image consultant. How much do they pay you to spread disinfo on here? I can tell you they don't pay you enough to sell your soul. Are we supposed to believe multiple people on here who cite current banking laws and procedures or one singular poster who claims to be a "lead teller" who spins anecdotal stories? Come on.

IRS here, Op will be arrested under suspected structuring law violations. All posts in this thread are being backtraced now. Make your time

It's pretty fulfilling, actually. The 'shitpost' was hurtful, have to say. I'm doing my best to give sound advice. I guarantee I've spent more time than you have studying the inner workings (trickery) of today's banks.

>Do you actually think banks have in real time facial recognition?

Do you think they don't? What do you think all the cameras are for? Show? You obviously don't watch enough movies.

it should say on the companys website in a pdf.

They are there for show actually. There will be one or two that record but the rest are deterrent.
BTW if anyone here ever wanted to rob a bank, they don't call the cops. They just hand over the money cause its insured and call the cops later.
No one wants to die for Goldman's cash

>lead teller
Lead teller, eh? Do the desk money manager guys let you eat lunch with them or not yet? Maybe someday..

Ok at first I thought you were being sarcastic and funny but now I just think you're being an ignorant faggot. I just took out 5k last week and my dad the same three weeks ago. BoA, absolutly no problems. Either you're 12 or you have a shitty bank.

I couldn't give two shits less what you and your sugar daddy are up to at BOA. The fact you two Colon Cowboys bank there tells me all I need to know.

And I admitted I was wrong about some law that the used car dealer was crying about.

>do they let you eat lunch with them?
If your talking about the private client investment and relationship bankers than yes. Infact they wont leave me alone. Always interupting whatever im doing so we can chat. They will do anything besides work. Im the only non female teller so they are trying to bro up so hard.

Tbh though, having acess to all the training information is much more useful than acess to the people themselves.

I can do all the training for the investment bankers and really enjoy the executive training sets. For example I know exactly how they score interviews and I know that I was fucking up hard on some of my awnsers.

I also get all the info on how to get a great business loan from the banks perspective.

/brag

>They are there for show actually.
Now you are just teasing me. Why is there power connected to the camera if the cameras don't work? Why would they buy all that facial recognition software if they don't use it? Seems like a big waste of money to me.

He's actually right. Your anecdotal evidence is not evidence. Study up on banking laws and ask someone who works in the bank about PTAV. If they don't tell you then ask them why they are sworn to secrecy. When they feign ignorance you know they are lying.

Cool story, bro. I think everyone in this thread can see what's going on here. Your thin facade is not fooling anyone.

I am literally shocked at all the misinformation ITT. There are a few anons that have some valuable information but I don't know why there are so many trolls here. Thank you to those who have taken the time to set the record straight. I don't know who this fake bank teller guy is or why he wants OP to get arrested but that's just not right.

I dont think banks have more than around ~$500 at any one time

They dont care

what the fuck the day i opened my bank account i deposited several thousands and it was a normal day like any other, hell, i even got a free wells fargo horsefuck plushie

They're trolls.

I regularly put in/take out thousands in cash from the bank. I run a business and this is never an issue.

Generally, they don't care especially if you're a long time client.

this thread is why i come to Veeky Forums.

>large amounts over $500

Easy your going a night out with the boys and or going to the strippers. You could justify a few grand with that excuse.

>especially if he has that type of cash just sitting around. You think he deposited legit employment checks in there?

>4k
lmao

do you know how insignificant $4000 is? they won't miss it

I'm not sure what you are "lmao" about, but you need to understand how cleaning his bank account out could look to the bank and the FEDS when they are informed of this transaction. Please keep in mind the OP is on the run, and I can guarantee it's not for unpaid parking tickets.

Don't you know anything about how RICO predicates work? I HIGHLY suggest you read a bit about the Continuing Criminal Enterprise Statute and how that can come into play here.

Trust me, I know more about it than you. I'm Italian.

10am - 8pm
I applaud your dedication

Thanks. I'm looking forward to my check from Veeky Forums on Friday at 5pm, Big Ben.

What's your account and routing number? I'll send some coin your way...

Also need your SSN for verification purposes

Yes

>18th birthday
>walk into bank
>withdraw 2k
>"that's a lot of money, what do you need it for?"
>note that was said pretty casually as she was putting shit in the computer or something
>"I'm buying my first gun"
>"oh okay"
>"can I get my money in an envelope too?"
>"certainly"

I think the teller asked me as a form of small talk. I'm sure if I said I was buying something else (used car, furniture) then she might've engaged me more enthusiastically.

I think I was autistic though. I should've just asked "is that a required question"

Dude, I've withdrawn 5k from an ATM inside Citibank. I know there's a limit, but it has to be at least 10k

>I should've just asked "is that a required question"

You're still autistic. Say you're buying a shitbox car in a private sale.

I think he was being sarcastic.

this whole thread is a troll wrapped in a troll, i love it

>people were actually trolled by this

Yeah go to the bank, ask for 4k in cash, say you are buying a used car from a friend at work.

kekaroo

WRONG. What's your plan? Just to go in and drain the entire account and just all casual like, say, "I'm buying a used car!" to the help there, like you're just some friendly fella, out to share a bit about yourself?

Man, if the teller asks you what you are withdrawing the money for, that's a TERRIBLE sign. You should have read more of the responses before commenting.The legit ones, not the Richie Rich, "I withdraw this and that and it's no problem," folk tales.

As the wise as an old owl user mentioned, they DO look at the total account value, or TAV, and then take your percentage of the TAV to determine the risk factor of said withdrawal.

It's obvious you are too young/ignorant to know/care about large sums of cash being used for money laundering and terrorist funding.

YOU may have forgotten about 9/11, but the banks sure haven't.

My god. The amount of trolling, baiting, and hooking going on in this thread is legendary. Someone please screen cap and collage this, this is unreal.

Holy shit the misinformation in here is ridiculous. That being said treat mine with a grain of salt, as you should with all and look it, and ignore this fucking idiot . I can tell you're obese just by reading the way you type.

Go to the bank, say you want to close your account. Withdraw your money.

End of story. Any deposit or withdrawl over 10k is automatically subjected to the IRS review, source: I used to launder money for drug shipments from coast to coast.

Honestly for such a small amount just don't go in scratching your neck and looking like a shifty retard and you'll be fine.

Fuck you people piss me off sometimes. Mostly you

Lots of great info in this thread, thanks user

>I can tell you're obese just by reading the way you type.

The structure of that insult seems awfully familiar.

> I used to launder money for drug shipments from coast to coast.

Okay, George Jung. Did you fly coast-to-coast on your dragon? Thanks for the laugh, sport.