/twg/ - Total War General

dacian edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10530860/
youtube.com/watch?v=5WFIPMc6r-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

MILITARY RULER OF ALL JAPAN

First for GoT battles reaching new lows.

WE WUZ CANNAE AND SHIT

>"this is our version of cannae"

>Not one thing happens like cannae other than the basic army gets surrounded, but it fails here where at cannae it worked....

SUMMON

hello

THE TWENTY GOOD MEN

>general with 600 health attacks my mostly dead garrison
>autoresolve think he'll win
Motherfucker only killed 50 people out of 100

Rollan!

>mommy says it's my turn to be emperor!

how many times have you guys lost a battle due to routing units from the walls running off then reforming right in the capture plaza and stealing points? thats annoying, why can't they go back down the damn ladders

wish me luck dawi

Rolllllllll

>walls
>ironbreakers
Put cannons into the open gate and AI giants will bug out

Is Ranald with me?

*makes the going to /gsg/ post*
*does the >playing on not-ultra post*
*posts picture of vampire chan*
*complains about how fantasy fags killed /twg/*
*complains about how history fags killed /twg/(?)*
*posts a cap of dwarfs killing 7000 zombies*
*comments on being a trve understander*
*complains about someone who posted a caps graphics quality*
*summons the elector counts*
*posts an obscure screencap from a gunpowder /twg/ and never elaborate on context*
*radious mod*

Zero.

Forgot tomb kangz

What mod

You forgot to complain about your dislike for playing Pontus, to sigh about /twg/'s eternity, and to have Aksum cuck the world.

You forgot 'what is the most reddit faction', 'anime get out' and 'orc postin' boyz'

Rightfully so

no cannons user, final destination.

Gates breached so many monsters pouring through
centered all ironbreakers and my lvl 2 hero to hold the line but lvl 22 archaon is a monster

I pray to Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle, the Great Horned Rat, Grimnir, Valaya, Gork, Mork, Ulric, Sigmar, Morrslieb, Morr, Nagash, Ranald, and the Lady that ONE DAY Cavalry charges in Total War will be just as heavy and damaging as the battle in tonights Game of Thrones episode.

Elven gods a shit

One last poll shill

strawpoll.me/10530860/

>not praying to cool as fuck Kaela Mensha Khaine
>praying to the fat old boring bastard Khorne
ISHAYGDDT

well holy shit ironbreakers are op. they held against about 10-12 monsters and archaon and the explosives just shred chaos abominations.

>literally my moms god of war

What is Attila?
youtube.com/watch?v=5WFIPMc6r-Q

>Not Taal
>Not Rhya
>Not Shallya
>Not Ulric
>Not Manann
>Not Ursun
>Not Dazh
>Not Tor
>Not Handrich
>Not Lucan
>Not Luccina
>Not Olovald
>Not Hashut
Really, you'd make a horrible cultist.

Zero because the fuckers never rout in high difficulties

Hey, you guys see the excellent tactics exhibited by the dastardly and cunning Ramsay Bolton in the latest Game of Thrones?

>I'll encircle their army with infantry running single-file! That's a good trick!

>the empire might send forces to raid your land for Dark Magic
>you tax your peasants/skeletons for Dark Magic
>you can trade furs and wine to dwarfs for Dark Magic
>you can entice dwarfs to sign NAPs, trade agreements, and military alliances with Dark Magic
>capturing a fishing port will greatly increase your Dark Magic

Defend this total wartards.

shorter version of the money shot with better quality.

>Hashut
You know what's gud

>Total War games are known for their realism
>Warhammer is known for its realism
:^)

Literally why were they standing around like headless chickens?

I just want to know how zombies fishing greatly stimulates the Dark Magic economy.

this bothered me too, they should have given VC and chaos 2 resources, the generic gold and the chaos favour/dark magic 2nd resource

Try to think of what would sound coolest to a 14 year old. That's the explanation.

t. Warhammer pro.

Maybe they sacrifice the fish why is that the fucking plural??? or create monstrous fish zombies?

>implying that the empire doesn't want to steal dark magic from you so you don't raise more skeletons or some shit
>not taking the dark magic your peasants have laying around/they aren't using
>implying the dwarves wouldn't rather have wine and furs instead of some dark magic they have laying around
>more dark magic to buy more booze and clothes
>fish aren't the darkest beings on the planet that are the prime source of evil and dark energy

1 gold for 1 dark magic. if you got 50 dark magic laying around bring 'em to the bank to convert. cheap wine and furs.

lmao they could've just cut pikes
it's not even a real phalanx

>implying the empire has the proper coffers to store Dark Magic
>implying the peasants shouldn't own the means of Dark Magic production
>ok you got me there
>also fair enough
>also makes sense

3/5, well done.

That's gotta be the most pathethic "fight" I've ever seen.

>They just watch as they get surrounded by a spaghetti line of pikemen.
>Only start to consider breaking through once they're all formed up.
>Still don't even think of using their FUCKING GIANT to break gaps in the formation.

>Northern Leather Pikemen
>mfw Radious got a job in HBO

spoiler: it finally gets broken by le cavalry charge from the side meme.

>2016 Anno Domini
>soldiers still can't fall back without getting slaughtered
>there are people who actually take TW seriously

>its a cavalry charge comes in the very last minute to save the day yet again episode

How do I build my vamp genereals?

Should I max their leadership aura thing?

Also that.

They literally do the "horns blowing, then banners cresting the ridge" meme.

>Pikemen don't even try to turn around even when they see the cavalry coming already.

At least you can see some of them partying hard.

This is why you scout your shit

Ramsay was a phalanxmemer, he deserved to get hammer and anvil'd

Well lads, it's decided that I will have to learn latin
Wish me luck

Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones

Good luck user. Do you speak any romance languages? 'Cause if so, it will be a lot easier.

I don't know what I expected
Native italian so I hope so.

In the original Total War: Shogun, I once watched a Kensai successfully defend a bridge against an entire brigade of enemy Samurai. In that moment the last vestiges of historical accuracy drained out of the series, never to return. It wasn't a great loss: the franchise is still the best wedding of tactical and strategic layers ever to grace a computer. But given the emptiness of its historical settings, it makes sense that Total War has finally ditched any pretence of simulation with the entirely pretend Total War: Warhammer.

Not that the result has much in common with either piece of source material. As a veteran of both, I started out utterly confused after an inexcusably bad tutorial and lack of instruction material. Miniature gamers will discover that tried and tested tabletop tactics don't work on these digital battlefields. Total War devotees, on the other hand, will find that while the mechanics are familiar, the vast diversity of new and bizarre units make the game play very differently to its predecessors.

Given how awful the learning curve is at the moment, it's tempting to stall on this until various bloggers and vloggers have got on the case to smooth it out. Patches will come, prices may drop. Those who like a challenge may wish to take the plunge now and learn the hard way. Either way, if you have the slightest interest then this is not a game to miss. In bringing fantasy to Total War, Creative Assembly have made both the best Total War game and the best fantasy strategy game to date.

He got his noob box all wrong

newfag from gsg here

i own the rome 2 on steam. is there a way for me to pirate dlc on a legitimate copy of the game? i ask because that possible in paradox games

For downloading Master of Strategy for S2 on Steam, do I need to get all 8 parts?

Some of the parts say "avoid ultra unit sizes" but that seems like some pleb shit

1-2: Empire
3-4: Shogun 2
5-6: Attila
7-8: Warhammer
9-0: Fucking go play something on my backlog instead of replaying yet another TW campaign

do us all a favor and

Welp, I almost got free. Rollan

>chariots rams into crossbowmen
>half of the unit flies away
>0 casualties, just lost a bit of health
Epic

>There are people who are still invested in watching GoT

I don't understand how anyone can give a shit anymore.

>literally my moms war of the roses

SUMMON

>implying it is
I don't even know what half the claims of the people fighting are, or why indeed they're fighting at all.
In fact, what is Dany's goal at this point? Wasn't her betacuck of a brother the guy who wanted to rule? She just wants penis.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

also, not to sound racist or anything but all the white people look the same. Its really confusing.

You might as well, you will see the custom fortresses once in your campaign, but holy shit are they fun, besides some minor bugs

That problem is like 4 times worse in the show than it is in the books, and it's already fairly bad in the books.

The fact that events have been shifted around in relation to each other and essential plotlines and characters deleted for the sake of brevity means that half the characters no longer have anything resembling coherent motivations, much less COMPELLING motivations.

>Darren
>Darren's Girlfriend
Why is life suffering

You're not me, don't add 'also' like you're tacking on a comment you forgot

Fuck you greenskin

Do I heed the warning and play on sub-Ultra unitsize?

Dany is turning into the Mad King 2.0: Dragon boogaloo

At least I fucking hope so, only way that shitty Mary Sue can get redeemed

bumpan

I dunno man, she's amusing since she's literally the albino hyperslut of the setting
She can be redeemed by mothering a new generation of dragons, becoming a mother the normal way this time.

Never tried in ultra size, but the mod does rarely crash, it may get worse in ultra

I think I saw an user complain about some clipping issues on a siege map so maybe that's why

No, you cannot. Paradox games can do that simply because of how hilariously simple the actual DLC pack is as it's a rar file.
You don't need them though, since they for the most part only unlock factions for player use (the AI gets them whether or not you've bought the associated DLC) or add semi-scripted campaigns to the game. Get the blood pack though.

Don't really know, SEGA are turbojews so I'd doubt it

just pirate the entire game with all the dlc

>implying they can outjew Paradox
Reminder that the city states unit pack is literally just a set of palette swaps

total war cav is god tier.

What

I already own the blood pack and a few shitty culture packs. I really just want to campaign packs

Tomb Kings posting isn't shit posting, it's the only thing of value on this general.

>Settra does not shitpost, Settra memeposts
t. Settra

this is the dumbest formation I have seen since the Chinese Red Cliff movie

at least that had wacky kung fu choreography tho.

rolling

*shines a shield in your face*
*surrounds you*
*hit's you with 99999 hammer and anvils*
get routed... gaius.... psh, more like gayus.....

It's not that bad if you give the guy superhuman strength...which he's always given.

WE WUZ KANGZ

rollan

cavalry charges in total war have been based, unlike in /got/