Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel/Linux)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Free games: pastebin.com/cE8EmydS (embed)
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon.
-Luma 5.5 fixes issues with online play: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
-Latest version of FBI supports downloading games via QR codes from 3ds.titlekeys.com/
-Region changing with working eShop now available for O3DS only, see Plailect's guide for details

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Tubehax is experiencing turbulence. Use 104.236.072.203 to block updates instead.
-5.6 doesn't seem to be happening this week. Make sure to block updates anyway.

>Vita
-Coming soon: Cobra BlackFin to allow running ISO's from SD. Not compatible with 3.60

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/274795-fire-emblem-fates-dlcs-eur.html?highlight=Fire Emblem Fates
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for Sky3DS Master Race

DS CIAs when?

>(embed) (embed)
Triggered

Where's the discord???

A knife can be used to kill people, but having a knife isn't illegal

in the last thread

xth for are we all going to prison?

Pretty sure he doesn't know wtf he's talking about lmao. probably baiting

Fuck off with your discuck no one uses it

At what point does a piece of data become a means to an unlawful end?

I need an excuse to bust out the vintage memes

ztd?

Good morning /hbg/

When you use that piece of data to do something that would usually require consent, i.e a purchase, to do.

Exactly, but the posession of such and the tools to make such are perfectly legal to make and have.

Memes aside, how does freeShop work? And at what point in the process does it become illegal?

NITENDO IS KNOCKING AT MY DOOR /hbg/
FUCK, SHIT
MY LIFE IS FUCKING OVER WHAT DO I DO?

Yes, but we're not just "having" the tools. We're using them to acquire games without consent of Nintendo.

Its only a matter of time before happens for real.

tell them to come back with a warrant and use the time to eat your microSD

tell them to fuck off

Anyone know if it's possible to pirate the DLC of the other paths in FE Fates? I already bought the Conquest version but don't want to pay for the other campaigns.
The only thing I can find on 3DSiso is the Special Edition.

Hahahaha really when is IOSU?

Download the fucking special edition!

never

We're not using them to acquire the games, we're using them to play the games. The game data itself is hosted on Nintendo's servers without any kind of protection.
Nintendo has literally no way to fuck your shit up unless they somehow get into possession of your 3DS.

ask them for a review copy of ZTD

Will that write over my save in Conquest or anything?

Is there any homebrew to see if I have a IPS screen or not on my 3DS?

No. You can also just transfer your save over.

Your eyes

Thanks user

That's wrong.

CIA installs, through freeShop/CIA, or any other destination are also installed to your eShop account ID.

They can use your eShop ID and find out what "purchases" are legit or not.

They can fuck your shit up, but it's a lot of work and they probably won't bother yet.

>find eShop ID
>pirate purchases
>link eShop ID with past IP addresses
>contact ISP
>who use this IP?
>ISP say "user"
>user gets vanned.

or
>ISP say "no"
>Nintendo come back with warrant
>ISP say "user"
>user get vanned.

Yeah I wanna see them link shit to my IP that changes every few hours.

If they had a way to verify purchases on their servers they wouldn't use these retarded ticket files to see if a device is allowed to download a game from the eshop.

Just so you know, eShop games are linked to your console hardware. NNID is just used to access online and has no info stored to it, which is why you NEED to System Transfer to move stuff.

>Who used this IP at this time?

Nintendo will have logs of what IP requested what data at what time.

eShop ID =/= NNID.

You don't need a NNID to use eShop, they're separate.

I think the bigger DLC file in that thread has the campaigns. Download the correct region (it should be an about 400 meg file and install that)

And?
"Hey, this IP downloaded shit from our non-protected servers, pls give us the subscriber's name, address and blood type"

That download is old and is missing a crapton of DLC.

So what's the real deal with this Nintendo tracking shit? I get the feeling some people know wtf they're talking about, and some don't.

>What are tickets
>What's a CDN
>Will go to prison for using freeShop
>Lawsuits or nah?
>Chances of getting caught?
>what happens if I get caught?

Thanks knowledgable anons.

There is no such thing as an eShop ID. As already said, it's identified on your console's hardware number.

think cd keys, but reusable
Content Delivery Network, basically the servers that store the games
No
No
Zero
slap on the wrists if anything

"We have reason to suspect this user has been accessing our servers with intent to commit a criminal offense or something"

Why would this not happen?

because downloading insecure data is not a crime. you can't just get a warrant because someone accessed your server.

Thank you.

So, does freeShop use legitimate tickets, or does it spoof tickets?

Also, what's sent to Nintendo when you use freeShop? Just the request for "x" from their CDN, from your IP?

Thanks again. Trying to clue myself up, but there are so many people disagreeing with each other, it's kinda hard to.

Man, im playing advance wars 2 and its fun so far. Enjoying it more than FE thats for sure. Why haven't we gotten a 3ds game of this?

legitimate, you can't use spoof tickets

legitimate
just a request from your IP

Buying a knife isn't a crime.
But buying a knife with intent to harm is.

Downloading insecure data is not a crime.
But downloading insecure data with intent to manipulate said data, turning it into a pirated game is a crime.

what kinda shit country do you live in where thought crime is a thing? buying a knife isn't illegal no matter what you want to do with it, same as downloading files isn't no matter what you want to do with it.

>downloading files isn't no matter what you want to do with it.
?
Where do you live in? Finland? Norway?
Downloading copyrighted material w/o the autor's consent is ilegal in like, 99% of the world.

Since we're still talking about Nintendo's servers I didn't feel the need to specify that I'm talking about files that are publicly available directly from the copyright holder.

Oh sweet.

So, theoretically. How would Nintendo stop this from happening, without fucking over people who buy games legitimately?

I think it's a thing in the UK, and some parts of Europe. Hell, you're not even allowed to buy knives in the UK if you're under a certain age.

That is, "sharp knives", not butter knives or plastic knives.

There's a difference between not being allowed to buy knives at all / not below a certain age and not being allowed to buy knives because of what you want to use them for.

fair enough, what we are doing IS ilegal, but is just because Nintendo has a shitty system and infraestructure

>But buying a knife with intent to harm is.
Not a chance.

I know. I'm not taking that guys side.

I was just saying that I think it's against the law to buy knives with the intent to cause somebody harm.

Or sell knives, knowing that the buyer wants to cause somebody harm.

Or carry knives with intent to instill fear in or harm others.

Back onto downloading from Nintendo.
At what point does that break the law? If it's OK to download the files from the copyright holder, because they're publicly available.

it's not illegal because nintendo's system is shit.
if we had to pretend that we were a 3DS system or break some encryption every time we downloaded a file it would be illegal.
What we're doing right now is like downloading an encrypted zip from a band's website that only people who purchased the album have the key for and sharing the key.

>I think it's against the law to buy knives with the intent to cause somebody harm.
It's not

>Or sell knives, knowing that the buyer wants to cause somebody harm.
It's not

>Or carry knives with intent to instill fear in or harm others.
Depends on the state.

that's a pretty good analogy, it's still ilegal tho'

yeah, the key sharing part is, the downloading part isn't. if the owner of a server could just arbitrarily decide that it was now illegal to downloaded non-protected files from his server I'd be very, very scared of clicking links.

Whats with all these law shit user talking about?

So what part of the freeShop process is illegal exactly? Using tickets we don't "own"?

In which case, encTitleKeys is highly illegal?

>In which case, encTitleKeys is highly illegal?
correct, which is why I've been calling the author of the encTitleKeys.bin updater retarded for quite some time, as he's mirroring that file on GitHub's servers.

Posted before I read your post.

If we're using shared keys, then how can Nintendo tell who's the pirate and who isn't?

A previous post said there's 0% chance of getting caught, but I find that hard to believe.

So, should we stop using encTitleKeys.bin Updater?

people are scared of Ninty suddenly going bananas and sue/track/assfuck the less than 1% off the userbase that are CFWing their 3DS to do cool shit

Having freeShop it's ilegal for starters, you are not supposed to mess with your 3DS, it's in their ToS when you 1st setup a 3DS

Actually it does exist.
There's an option to delete it under eShop. It's in your tickets as well.

they can't unless they manually comb through all their logs and check for people downloading shitloads of games.
>So, should we stop using encTitleKeys.bin Updater?
no, the version that's linked in the free games pastebin uses a proper way to download. besides, the only one getting fucking because of his shitty rehosting would be the author anyway.

because even if we all use the same tickets, their IP requests are different

It fakes a ticket based on TMD and the inputted title key.

So which is it, legitimate tickets or fake tickets?

Of course it's fake. Only Nintendo can make legit tickets.

So I should be good if I don't download too much? Just a game here and there, maybe some DLC with CIAngel?

Most of the time I use 3DSIso, Chaos or DarkUmbra, but freeShop really is convenient, and it's great for when I'm feeling lazy.

Does Nintendo see these fake tickets? Or are they for us only?

This is all theoretical, Nintendo hasn't done shit so far and I may or may not have downloaded over 60GB in games from them.

>Does Nintendo see these fake tickets?
They don't have a mechanism for that.

The eShop automatically deletes games with a fake ticket, but only if there's also a legit ticket for that game too.
You also can't download games legitimately if you already have a fake ticket.
So they have measures in place to stop people abusing it, but nothing secure enough to ban people for using them I don't think.

They actually do have a mechanism to check the validity of tickets, which prevents fake tickets from redownloading games from the eShop. Tickets from FunKeyCIA, CIAngel, FreeShop, etc generate tickets that pass this validation though.

If it's all theoretical, it seems smart to just wait a few months, see what they do about it.

That's not validation. The tickets have incorrect data in them making downloaded content unusable. That causes the error.

I mean a mechanism to actively and remotely check the tickets.

>need Serial number to delete eshop account.

Why tho?

alright anons
im at part 3 in the guide on part 26
it says to update my rednand
thats done by using the system update option in the other settings menu right?
i just want to make sure since i know if you update to the latest version youre fugged

that's done using your system update option in the other settings menu

So you're saying there's no way to know who's a legitimate customer and who's a pirate?

aight. thanks for confirming

hit me up senpai, I'm here to help

whats the difference between screeninit and noscreeninit for the A9LH binaries

Where can I get sum DLC for Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition EU verson?

One turns on the screen for a fraction of a second during boot, the other doesn't.

what advantage does using the screenlit version have?

None. No advantages or disadvantages to using either.

No idea. A couple E3s ago they said they are working on a new Advance Wars so maybe we'll see it one of these days. But I'm sure it wouldn't sell as well as FE without all the waifu stuff.

>implying advance wars doesnt have waifus

Can I use this DLC with Fire Emblem Fates SE undub?

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/274795-fire-emblem-fates-dlcs-eur.html?highlight=Fire Emblem Fates

So, i'm a fucking retard and removed my sd card while i was in rednand.
Now when i launch luma3DS i just get black screen, i've been doing this 10 in a row.
can someone help ?

just reinstall Luma, it does nothing to your emuNAND

Bricked desu lmfao.
Hold Start or Select, forget which one while booting Luma to reset

Did both, pressing select don't change anything it's still a black screen.
Fuck it was working perfectly yesterday

Redo everything user

Restore from NAND backup?

Make sure your got the latest Luma

Calm down, you didn't break anything, try again reconfiguring Luma from HBL from your sysNAND

I already formated emunand and install it again
i didn't backup rednand
Luma is v5.5 not dev
How do i do so ?