Vanilla Angband Comp(until July 6)
Elf Warrior with a permacursed Deathwreaker:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Junethack is ongoing for the rest of June: junethack.net/

DCSS Trunk Updates:
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-12-june-2016

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ (embed)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos
github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/17267
crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/josefromcouch/josefromcouch.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dead genre

youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

>not even 100 IPs last thread

First for Cheibriados. May you take it easy in all your endeavors.

Don't fall for the memes
the glyphs are wrong
don't get redpilled by grenade's shills

>Want more experience in armour so I can wear a cast better
>Want more experience in conjurations for OoD
>Want more experience in spellcasting for better utility spells
>Want more experience in shields for a large shield
>Have a manual of dodging that I need to burn
>Literally every weapon, need to pick something better than my laj
I never asked for this.

see

github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/17267

Based.

>Cata's cities aren't surrounded by sprawling farm land
>there's no city centers, no commercial districts, no downtowns etc

Why do Cata cities make no sense? Have the devs never been outside?

and yet several were new

Should I go to snake or swamp first? Not shown is a +6 eveningstar of freezing, pluto sword, a wand of hasting and a wand of heal wounds.

I am good on emergency potions, but I am a lot lower on scrolls of teleportation and other escape tools, so if I get into a fight I would prefer to engage rather than run.

probably swamp if you don't have any rElec

>10 EV
Snake will fuck you up really badly. Do swamp.

I lose about 1000 damage per round but I get immunity to elec, sharpness, and the opportunity to free up my glove slot.

If I actually had a non-glove source of rShards I could wear this with Thanos for immunity to the three elements that matter.

its located in New England
>common defence used by devs and Kevin Granade

Alright. I don't and I almost forgot about how annoying the electricity. Should probably put some more points in armor so that Oka is more likely to give me a randart.

>You cut him in half!

I wish I could stun him.

oh boy I just remembered fighting him in melee is really bad

>500 hp
>Not even close to killing him
user what are you doing
what are you doing
do you like being buttfucked by cyberdemons or what

Chill bro I got this

He didn't summon a lot, which is good. I just spammed rockets/disintegration and then phase door'd when he got near.

oh cool he dropped amber
that's a nice thing to die to the serpent with
gives you dignity

crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/josefromcouch/josefromcouch.txt

I really don't know if I should invest towards another weapon. I feel really good with my defenses/spells since they only need a little more investment to be where I want them. The laj is great, and I can use it for the rest of the game but it'd feel like a bit of a waste. Too many options and they're all good. I'm leaning towards Frostbite if I do make a change, but god damn. I don't know that I'll ever have that spare experience.

WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate this fucking last fight
so fucking much
I swear to god

>The Serpent of Chaos
>The Destroyer
>Abhoth, Source of Uncleanliness
>Cantoras, the Skeletal Lord
>Hand druj
>Death mold
this is fine

/rlg/ is the only reason I keep coming back to 4ch nowadays

It's not worth it
It's never worth it

You can do it user

>Only 31 speed
>Not even level 50
>Trying to melee big J at all
You knew what you were getting yourself into

I didn't even melee
I just spammed rockets
and I was wearing a ring of +11 and a ring of +8
I didn't want to grind twenty hours for feanor

It's okay user

I'm going to play a Death Sword

goodbye cruel world

you know what I wanna try
a demigod berserker that gets the rune sword as the reward of the thieves quest

There should seriously be a guaranteed rune sword somewhere. Maybe as an arena reward or a drop from a dungeon boss.

Ain't nobody goat the time fo' dat

Or just make the quest-giver ask if you want the regular reward or a Rune Sword for the thieves quest since it sells for 1AU now.

I may have miscalculated

I gave it the specific ID and everything

Oh hey now it w-
Rerolling.

>he autodestroyed "cursed nameless weapons" instead of "cursed nameless common weapons"

Christ.

my house is full so I have to throw out all my useless low-level devices instead of just hoarding them forever

Rerolled.

We're going places.

That guard has pursued me for 3 terrains, all my gear is breaking down and the demon lord has 4k hp left.

Apparently you get a bounty for killing jade forest guys. JUST

>dragon
My wish has been fulfilled

L-Lewd!

Just like the Kool Aid man.

I have jerryrigging but now my chief concern is that the character is becoming a hungry skeltal from having no fucking food for several hundred kilometers now

-Would you like to identify the thread?-

rekt

Some ridiculous hitman wolf killed me from FULL HEALTH even in that ridiculous holy armor, in a single hit

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

N

>OgTm
This is so dumb why did i think to try

Probably the class that benefits from this the most.

Join Chei, play it as a melee character who can fill the screen with snakes if needed

Don't fuck with awoo.

Do Berserkers get any form of Trap detection or will they be stepping on every Armageddon trap late-game?

Thank you jesus

What race are you playing?

This is super OP.

Apparently the confusion blast is a level and stat check instead of confusion resistance, and seems to be working quite often even against uniques. It even costs nothing to use.

Pretty sure no one ever has played this class.

Demigod of ares.

Huh ok that sounds good, but otherwise abherrations sucks so I guess it balances out. I tried the angel one and died at lvl 30 like an idiot.

It's giants, actually. You get a ranged stun at level 5, pretty good hp (I'm a hobbit, so a real race would have even more), decent melee, shards/sound/chaos resist, can summon giants.

What combo are you playing as?

Wow the class got completely reworked.

>it's easier to find journals detailing top secret government recipes for mutative agents in doctor's offices than a fucking stethoscope

Hobbit warlock, giant pact. Hobbit is more for the silliness of throwing around boulders as a midget than because it's actually good for the class.

Priorities.

Come on, you gotta become the 500 HP chei dragon

It's not like Tm can go as anything other than chei, the stats are too good
I'm trying man
Also nice vault, i'm coming back once i can actually survive it

rlg i think i might starve to death in this quest

I went in with no food and no recall and it turns out the exit is actually not at the entrance.

I have to get past a room of 4 drujes at the same time before I can get to the <

The pasta said there were drujes but It didn't say anything about "you have to fight 4 at once"!

Well I killed the two farther ones with my android rocket breath, but now that I'm starving to death I'm constantly losing HP and I've run out of healing potions and staves.

If I actually walk into vision of the two last drujes I'll definitely die, so I guess I'll just sit hear and hope for my healing stave to recharge.

>the druj room
yeah fuck

also if you remove a source of regeneration it will decrease your hunger clock

drink potions
at least I know clw etc potions give nutritional value

thisisfine.jpg

I'm an android. I only get nutrition from oil.

Chugging all my !curing and !CCW didn't bring me above "Faint" although it did give enough hp to stave off death for a few turns

you can recall out of quests

I had a habit of dropping recall for more inventory space because I thought you always started on the upstair.
I guess I won't do that any more.

reminds me of the user a long time ago who played a caster, learned Satisfy Hunger, dropped his rations, went into the overworld, had his book stolen, and starved

>dropping recall for more inventory space

oh shit nigger what are you doing

Jesus the Ultima Ratio Regum guy is implementing dialects and language learning

The game is going to be great in a decade or two

Also, I'l literally cream my pants if magic mods start being made once the game's done. I'm sure my grandchildren will love it

starving to death, user

whew, such a lucker

before they removed stasis that's what I always used, explicitly to defend against chaos branded attacks

>game
You mean dancing, dressing up, face recognition, fart smell analysis simulator.

By the end of this century, you'll be able to converse with genetically generated virtual characters on diverse (procedural) topics assuming you know at least one of their languages, marry one of them in procedural cathedral of a procedural religion and have procedural children with them.
You still won't be able to fight, though.

>removed stasis

but user they want you to use >interesting tactics

>implying that wouldn't be amazing
The guy has kept a steady workflow for the whole of the development and seems to have done everything he promised yet. Procedurally generated DYNASTIES and succesion laws are currently on the dev plan. If nothing else it'll create ridiculously fleshed out civilizations with detailed histories, cultures, languages, etc. which would be an accomplishment on its own

Wew. RIP man. Did you ever get your 2 tile LoS?

It's at times like this you regret not picking Ru or Chei

Deepest I ever got. Died due to ally AI going full retard and trying to meet up with me via a circuitous route after I crossed a bunch of flaming brimstone... instead of fighting the tentacle horror that was ravishing them. Once I lost all my allies and finished the tentacle monster I got cornered by a pack of dar and my +6 Rapier did not suffice to solo them all.

This Revenant tho

I don't really get these decks. I have 27 evo and am drawing a pre-ID'd Alchemist from a legendary deck, and it only restores a couple dozen HP.

No, I never found that darn robe of night, just a gajillion other undrandarts. My dream was to get the robe of night, boots of the assassin, and some polearm, then cast darkness, so everything in my LOS would be in reach of my polearm and stabbable the turn it came into my LOS. I would switch to Ashenzari and use his passive detection to navigate through the extended game, with double the stealth that the in game display shows at max, just wandering around popping things as I saw them. It was gonna be so fun.

I would never have gotten that far with Chei or Ru. Also I was silenced, which was the nail in the coffin for my character, and ru/chei would have been useless in the same circumstances.

Ru in zig sounds crazy, but I'm not sure that either would have helped him in that situation. Seems like once you get silenced with panlords around, you're super boned. PC demonic gesturing when?

I have GDA (im at 23 str, ill use it when is a little bit higher in the meantime im using a mottled dragon armour), use no weapon (TrMO) and have wand of hasting and heal wound. What should i acquire?

Weapon will potentially get you a shield if you want one. Otherwise, jewelry or misc evokable. Maybe armour anyway for some dope ass -2 hat.

>Weapon will potentially get you a shield if you want one.

naga you high, shields are armor acquirements

>Procedurally generated DYNASTIES and succesion laws are currently on the dev plan. If nothing else it'll create ridiculously fleshed out civilizations with detailed histories, cultures, languages, etc.

>This is a dude. He has lost a finger. His mother milks cows. His house has a leaking roof. The language he speaks has 32 letter alphabet. The language of the neighboring faction doesn't have a guttural 'ghr' sound, making it hard for them to learn local language.
Details aren't interesting on their own. Not even if they connect to a bunch of other details.

And since a ton of it will be hardcoded, the details themselves will not be all that connected.