pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/45616
darksouls3.wikidot.com/fire-clutch-ring
youtube.com/watch?v=KDUnwfx0LNA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does anyone know if I already have 40 dex, is it worth it to use the Sage Ring +2 to improve my cast time?

>toxic
>14dmg/sec

By that point you'll likely only get a frame less of casting time at most.

I think Sage Ring +2 emulates having that much dex so that you don't have to go that high

Also, I think 45 dex is the cap for cast time

Just go something like 25 dex with sage+2

(You)
this tbqh. ever watch someone like iskys or yukaslegion do invasions?

>1H longsword with offhand caestus/little wayne shield
>big dick huge damage dealing weapon to swap to for ripostes, like Greataxe or Yhorm's Great Machete
>hornet ring

Every.
Fucking.
Time.

Literally the only fucking way to beat ganks now, especially with glaive spin stunlock combo and DMB twinblades getting nerfed into oblivion. Pretty sad, either you one shot kill in invasions or you just flat out lose.

Why ain't you doing a dried finger ng+ run RIGHT NOW?

I'm not in NG+

there's absolutely no reason to use the sage ring at all since they removed the sacred flame oneshot glitch

Ok got it, thanks

Chaos Eaters would make great plushies.

i dont like staggering every mob and boss into oblivion in a game i paid 60 bucks for

My bosses are all dead

I'm doing it on my alt character for Alva Quest though

Don't be silly, that's not my name.

>that blueberry to the right

Sage Ring +5 gives about 50. You can get maximum casting speed at base Sorcerer dex with that ring alone.

Anyone having invasion trouble on Xbox One? Won't let me invade as DBM, WoF, and even with a Red Eye Orb. Already tried restarting my router.

Can anyone on PC help me with the nameless king?

PC
password: dsg

if you have a +2 lingering dragoncrest ring that would be great...need if for my pope event build.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/45616

anyone who can help me tune out my faith build? mainly aiming to be lightning bolt tossing fucker with a dragonslayer axe (or maybe lothric knight sword) as a sidearm, though i'm not sure how well i'd fare in actual 120 pvp; is my vigor too low? do i have too little FP? not enough stamina to consistently cast spells?

any help would be appreciated, thanks

>tfw i typed my captcha in the post
e-ebin

does that mean you'll be my bf

i actually need the +2sage not the dragon

>oh int, probably better need soul!
>high knight dex roll weapons (lothri knights with daggers confirmed DLC)
>spam offhand user literally running meme. (bestoc meta?)

These bubbles are great.

On the way family of my family

Sage Ring +6 makes your casts instant.

thx dawg need sagering+2 plz if you have

nyes____
I-if you're okay with Yurop boipussi

I only have +1

It's down by the dick lever

L O N D O R
O
N
D
O
R

Dump a few points of end into vig. Why 25 att? Is it a spell cast amount point?

>>>wherever the weaboos fuck off to

>Dried finger NG+4 way of the blue giant seeded crabland
>Just watching everyone die to the crabs

get rid of that bumblefuck retarded amount of end and pump vig to AT LEAST 39, you're going to trade a fucking lot
faith caster needs a lot of FP, especially if you want to make use of goat healing miracles, 30 is a must, 35 is even better
and i'm pretty sure cleric is a better starting class unless you need that vitality for something
overall don't expect much, faith casters are the worst caster build even with buffed casting speed as it won't solve their real problems like absence of any fast, reliable kiting spells

Does Jund even fight viewers anymore? Haven't watched him in forever but last I checked he was requiring people to do some dumb "beat 7 people in my fightclub in a row while I just sit and watch, for the right to fight me after you're fatigued as fuck". Fuck that shit.

I think he's mostly got an inflated ego from beating newbies who get frustrated with him backpeddling with regen effects for an hour.

define European.
everyone can be european nowadays

Prisoner's chain will give me +103 health and +11 to all flat damage reduction types

Is that worthwhile? I'm not sure exactly how much effective HP flat defense amounts to but 100 health is about 1/16 of my HP pool. If the net loss in effective HP when put up against the -15% ABS is trivial, then I think it'd be worth having for the stamina alone.

I was confused at first and then I re-read my post

summon Hodrick as well

Born and raised in The Netherlands

>ds2 pvp was so good!

WHY NOT GO BACK TO IT???

It depends on your level. At lower levels the absorption reduction is negligible, but at higher levels the increase it gives is simply not worth the extra damage you receive.

Fug, I'm sorry host, my framerate dies in Archdragon Peak

I got my LKUGS to kill the Stormdrake now if you need to try again

I'm sorry I let the lightning bolt get me user!

>playing das1
>haven't even reached sen's and i've died more than i die in a single das3 playthrough

>Crystal Sage Rapier does 30 less than crystal Lothric SS
>Both are look nice
>both have cool stances
How does one decide a melee off-hand for sorcery. Much trouble being had.

people saying this are braindead attentionwhoring shitposters
i honestly wish this board had poster ids so i could filter retards permanently

>At lower levels the absorption reduction is negligible
That's not how it works.
It's straight -15 ABS, which means +15% damage taken. This is consistent across all levels, -15 ABS never equals anything other than +15% incoming damage.

M L G S
L
G
S

switch between them
CSR is a second best rapier in the game so it's one of the strongest weapons

are u 6'10"

darksouls3.wikidot.com/fire-clutch-ring

>Haven't watched him in forever but last I checked he was requiring people to do some dumb "beat 7 people in my fightclub in a row while I just sit and watch, for the right to fight me after you're fatigued as fuck". Fuck that shit.

What the fuck, that's insane if that's true.

I hate the condescending attitude of the 'top-tier' players like him honestly, I really don't mind the playstyle itself if they're committed to it since that's the devs fault for favoring such a playstyle, it's just the arrogance that annoys me since it's treating a game this imbalanced so seriously and as if victories in Pontiff actually mean something beyond personal satisfaction. I read on reddit recently too some similar guy who was all mad that people were complaining about meta shit and sputtered on for several paragraphs on how people have no right to complain and that if you aren't playing to win and using the most efficient shit possible you shouldn't expect anything. I just don't get how serious you can take this game while at the same time acknowledging the many balance problems in it.

5'8'' ;_;

mostly just for the spells, yeah; though i suppose i could use a ring for that
alright, have a rough idea of what to fix now; thanks

Because I'm sprinting through to get rings and I'm already being invaded at sl125 atleast once per area. 3 in road of sacrifices

Except player damage tends to out pace their health gains so that 15% is more dangerous at higher levels.

Your opponent's weapons are much weaker and less varied at lower levels, though.

>implying

I don't like having too many things to switch between to get back to what I need, hence the need for decisive action!

eyy bb u wan 12 phantom inches of main dark sword?

>I'm already being invaded at sl125 atleast once per area. 3 in road of sacrifices
meh
real men kill at least 10 invaders per area

>dark sword

thanks for the help guys!

>12

I heard the thots down the street talking like it was 36

Is there any greatsword/curved greatsword/bigger sword that isn't shit and have cool unique moveset?

not Astora glitched sword. this weapon is the bane for all big weapons.

Y-you too!

Dragonslaying, knighthood's highest calling. It's enough to make a man sick.

exile

Farron Greatsword, Old Wolf Curved Sword and Hollowslayer/Wolf Knight/Twin Princes Greatsword are all good options.

exile getting fucked by astora glitched sword desu

>10 invaders per area
>spend maybe 5 minutes dicking around on my way to CS
>1 invader every 30 seconds

I don't believe that it's possible to get invaded that much just embered or with fingers

every greatweapon gets fucked by ags, i'm naming the secondbest one since you refuse to use the best one.

>Old Wolf Curved Sword is the heaviest Curved GS
>It's even heavier than some ultras
Why?

>waiting forever to be summoned for watchdog
>finally get summoned
>go running after the first guy I see
>he runs to the ladder
>I'm trying to hit him
>after a few minutes he climbs out and changes color
>he was a watchdog the whole time

got me gud

Wished farron memesword was good. damage is so fucking bad and the sick spins are so punishable by anything.
also, any parryfag will parry my shitty ass

>wolf curved
wished it had better damage or at least buffable with resin. the weapon art is cool as fuck but god why so low damage.
>hollowslayer
used it for a while. fun and all but it just felt really boring after a while.
>wolf knight
jesus why they didn't make it good as the DaS2 one? why? why they fucked one of my favorite weapons in DaS2?
>Twin princes
simple nerf kinda killed it. it is a good and funfuck weapon tho.

>Get summoned as sunbro at pontiff
>The fucker unironically wants to do the PvE instead of gank
>Crystal out
*Sigh*...

Its the fur. Fur gets heavy when wet and it gets soaked in blood.

>mfw there are people in SL200+ with 800hp
idk how to react to this

full exploration of carthus catacombs a few days ago on ng+5 got me like 11 invaders from what i remember
almost all of them invaded twice though just to get raped by a blueberry pain train while i collected stuff

>not doing sunbro jolly cooperation

You can't be fucking serious

The best great sword in the game is Black Knight Sword. Very high AR and perseverance. Poise is now a weapon art and its amazing. You will win every trade and its fun as fuck.

>shitty patch feel best
all of my keks

>tfw no father gascoigne garb in 3
I just want to look like battle priest

Basically I'm hauling ass through areas on the way to SoC. I'll come back for shit later, but I won't do a dried finger run until +3 and I expect I'll get plenty of invasions staying at 125

Farron is punishable if you're predictable with it, but if you mix-up R1s/R2s into the L1s you'll really mess with people. I'd recommend experimenting with it more since its honestly one of the funnest weapons to use in my time playing 3 so far due to its unpredictability. I have some recommendations for it:

>Use basic R1 followed by an L1 does the stay in place spin, normally the follow up L1 to a starting L1. This is great for roll-catching people who try to fish for backstabs or just roll around you. Also if you hit with the R1 you can use the L1 anyway to deal more damage then a follow-up R1, and if you're daring use another L1 after since the jumping slash tracks and can be a stylish finisher
>Bait people out with charged R2s followed by an L1. The R2s do good damage and have deceptively good range, and the L1 combos immediately after the first R2 to close short distances for a 2hit combo. You should probably never use the follow-up R2 though since it doesn't combo into anything fast enough
>Practice using the L1 as a distance closer and as a way to escape attacks while chipping your opponent. If you learn to free aim it properly you'll run circles around your opponent literally

The damage is mediocre for a UGS I agree but these strategies allow you to deal guaranteed combos usually that make-up for it. The biggest drawbacks to the Farron still of course are the drawbacks for any UGS, i.e. any ranged spammer. Also all of its attacks being parryable, which is why mix-ups are important.

Guess i should try this stuff. Is R2 L1 L1 is a combo?
I know about R1 L1, but guess i will try more stuff.

any other good tips? should i play unlocked all the time?

>failed to long into dark souls 3 game server

anyone else having problems?

>invading into a seeded dry fingered world

R2->L1 does not combo.

I fixed the Xboner problem. HOW THE FUCK DOES INSTANT-ON AS A POWER SETTING AFFECT MATCHMAKING IN DS3?! How is this a fucking thing. HOW DOES A MICROPHONE WIFI SETTING ALSO AFFECT MM'ing in this game. Holy fuck.

cathedral knight helm, deacon robe/ arch deacon robe, whatever hands and legs.

You are now a battle priest.

An L1 following up an R2 is the basic sprinting spin, but comes almost immediately after the R2. If you hit with the R2 you can't combo into it from the L1, but the R2s deal enough damage that is worth it especially since they have hyperarmor once they start. And if you get that L1 hit afterward you get an almost guaranteed 600-800~ hit combo. The hit alone is not the intent, it's mixing things up and making your opponent unsure of what you're doing. The Farron GS' biggest pro is this and the aggressive play you can make that isn't purely reactive like most UGS plays.

Unlocked v. Locked is tricky. I like doing locked-on most of the time because the tracking of R2s on it is insane, free-aiming is much less precise, but for the Farron unlocked play allows you greater maneuverability on the L1s which is very helpful. I would experiment with both at Pontiff duels and see what's best for you. I must stress the Farron GS is nowhere near the best weapon still, but these tactics give it more variety then most which was what your original post requested, so that's why I'm shilling it hard here.

I meant combo as in there's almost no delay between going from an R2 to an L1, not that they both hit immediately after each other, sorry for the confusion.

Where's a good spot to co-op at level 50? Need embers and can't seem to get anyone to summon me in Central Irithyll.

>youtube.com/watch?v=KDUnwfx0LNA

Why do you still do invasions, /dsg/?

System?

i've got a bunch of embers if you would like some, are you on PC?