/vn/ - Photagrapher edition

Visual Novel General #1116

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of English-translated visual novels only. If you'd like to discuss untranslated visual novels, go to the general in /jp/.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EQVuf6cIHXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stacy is cute but FF8 is a pretty shit game tbqh

Probably the worst FF after 13, desu.

You joking? It's by far the best FF.

Some of the character's limit breaks were great though, no wonder she'd pick up something from it.

Fuck you, it's great, just because it tried something different doesn't make it bad.

That's 13-2. Unless you're only counting mainline, in which case it's 10.

>just because it tried something different doesn't make it bad.
Just because it tried something different doesn't excuse the cringeworthy script and mediocre gameplay.

And at least 10 was fun to play. It had even worse characters, but at least it didn't have any of the awful draw shit to waste your time with. Seriously. Fuck drawing. Fuck whoever thought that shit was a good idea.

But what it did wasn't good either.

Combat only gets fun at a few lategame and endgame bosses.

Did you just spell photographer wrong, or is this some sort of weird shota pun I don't understand.

I like lolis.

[Spoiler]Is she a prostitute in this picture? Looks like one.[/Spoiler]

Yeah, I spelled it wrong. I was in a hurry to grab the op

Looks like your spoiler didn't work for some reason.

Why did these spoiler tags not work?

Did you literally get here yesterday?

Capital Ss
Just press ctrl s next time.

No

It was caps, wasn't it.

Normally I just don't use spoiler tags. Are they broken when pointing at another board?

dont use capitals

This is dumb. So am I. Thanks.

So which girls are the new girls that get the D in A1?

Benkei, Asuka (Hideo's Maid) and Sakura (Yukie's little sister).

What moege has the best romantic buildup?

>Sakura (Yukie's little sister)

PE xD

Nekopara.

Was expecting this response.

You are right thought if were only talking about TLd titles which we should be since were in /vn/

Hoshizora no Memoria

Literally the route I am playing right now.

>release two vns in the same week
>the OELVN actually looks better

So this was dovac's plan all along.

Holy crap the OELVN looks damn good.
Torrent when?

>no sexual content
vs
>sexual content

the choice is obvious

Which one has sex?

is your vndb broken?

Neither, they are both on Steam.

The problem with OELVNs has always been the god-awful amateur writing. There's long since been OELVNs like Katawa Shoujo that compared favorably to Japanese games, it's just that the writing is consistently awful. Being impressed by art simply shows your inexperience in the medium.

The OELVN has an adult patch on their website.

They look pretty gay.

Well the OELVN is yuri shit.

Yeah

>cowtits

disgusting

>moege

disgusting

>moege cowtits

disgusting

>opinions

disgusting

post dfc

Even a kissless virgin like me knows boobs aren't squishy like that. It'd probably even hurt her to squeeze so hard.

Well duh, and that's why 2D is superior to 3D.

God isn't real and neither is your waifu

She's real, she just exists inside my VNs.

Dovac saving VNs.

She's a bitch but she speaks the truth.

thanks for posting this, now i can meme better when yuritopiafag posts

Let's make /vn/ a Yuritopia!

youtube.com/watch?v=EQVuf6cIHXQ

Let's make /vn/ a Yuuritopia!

Let's make /vn/ a Yuritopia!

But that's a normal hetero couple

Finally got round to starting subahibi and I'm currently on down the rabbit hole II, Yuki has just reached the web bot project website. When does this get good? Just asking before I invest anymore time in this one.

Michel is a boy!

Untranslated VN discussion goes on /jp/.

Subahibi is translated.....

I remember being hyped for Mahoyo coming out in english around 3 years ago. Should have learned japanese....

we like and respect our Moege around here bruw.

If it makes you feel better it's really short and it isn't that great.

Top tier fight scene production values, though.

het posters only

I'm studying kanji for my Japanese exam tomorrow. Been at this for a year and a half and I can't read shit. It's not worth it.

But men are icky.

It's partially translated, m8.
Anyway, it's not until the final of DtRHII that things start going craaazy. And Inventions just goes batshit insane.

Do you often replay VNs or as soon as you finish them you let it just remain in your memories and move on?

I usually don't do the whole thing again because it's never the same thrill of reading for the first time, but it's nice to revisit some of my favorite scenes every once in a while.

That just means you are retarded
How can you study ANY language for year and half and still can't read shit?

I've only re-read things after 3+ year gaps.

I replay my favorite ones about once a year. All the romantic ones around the holidays to shove aside eternal loneliness.

People like you are the reason moogy's jewish plans to destroy the visual novel market is fully functioning

Only the ones I really liked 2bh.

I looked at the CG gallery and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Seeing as Kagami was my favourite girl and knowing what happens to her, I'm going to be uninstalling. The fuck is up with the rabbit undergoing the same things that Kagami went through, though?

I have around 10 Bishop VNs installed and every time I finish one I loop back to the first one. There's enough of a gap between each loop that I mostly forget each game before replaying them so each time is fresh.

Sometimes I re-read a route or two but never an entire VN.

the VN market doesn't need help getting destroyed in the west, moege and memege buyers do a good job of that alone.

>every time I finish one I loop back to the first one.
I mean every time I finish all ten

no u

>if I hate it really hard maybe it will magically disappear

Yes, although it's mostly the ones I've read years ago, I like to check if they still hold up or not. Recently I've re-read Katawa Shoujo because I was bored and some people discussing that on /v/ have put me on the mood. In the end it was okay.

2+2

>liking moege

>All the romantic ones around the holidays to shove aside eternal loneliness

The high school romance ones are usually perfect for those times.

don't underestimate my powers, fool.
see that moege you want that will never get translated? heh... i have allies in high places my friend...

I've reread memecats this year. One thing the series is perfect for is forgetting about negative shit going on in RL.

Leave the poor guy alone. Can't you see he sustains himself solely on salt?

What is wrong with this guy's face? Also, he's so generic he reminds me of Tatsuya, Yuuji, Hachiman, any guy from BL, etc. simultaneously it's creepy

>exam

That means he's probably taking a college course or something, which also focus on writing, speaking, and listening comprehension in addition to being able to read.

Learning how to write and speak consumes way more time than learning how to read, and neither of those skills are very useful when you aren't going to be interacting with any natives. Even in Japan, the use of IMEs has reduced the necessity to know how to write.

And that's why my sister who has studied Japanese last year for a mandatory language requirement still can't read よつばと!, while I've already passed her level of knowledge within a couple months.

>I'm mastered english!
Every time.