As Roman Catholic that have been thinking of converting once upon a while...

As Roman Catholic that have been thinking of converting once upon a while, well those thoughts are coming back with the current pope and the way it feels like the church is changing for the sake of non-christians, media and well.. awfully liberal people.

I always been interested in slavic history and what not, not saying I know alot of said history but I like it, so my question to you is; Does orthodox christians hold their faith high? Like the cossacks were ever so fiercely Eastern Orthodox, the Serbs, maybe even the Bulgars? Why? Is it sticking to the roots I may miss in the catholic church? Is Orthodox in this day and age looked upon in a better and stronger light than the other branches of christianity? Is the average orthodox man or woman more connected to their faith in general? Will these thoughts leave my head when we get a new and hopefully more solid pope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eastern Orthodox Churches were infiltrated by the NKVD / KGB after the Russian revolution, the current Patriarch of Moscow a fucking ex-KGB agent, much like Putin. So while they might not endorse liberal faggotry like western churches, they're still corrupt as fuck.

Leave you traitor
If one bad pope has your running like a coward to find your safe space then I can't imagine what real adversity will do to you
Best you leave now

Running? Pffsh. Walking pace if anything.

Did you people even grow up Catholic? The Church as embraced liberal policies for a long time, even if the doctrines dont chance the emphasis at least as long as I have been alive has been on the liberal side of things.

Soros, please stop lying. The only source that the Patriarch is ex-KGB is one person who claimed to have seen "secret documents", compare that to the thousands who claimed to have seen "secret documents" at the Vatican showing Christ married Magdalene.

The Church was not infitierated after the Russian Revolution. What actually happened was the Church was virtually replaced by the "Renovated" Church, which allowed things like bishops to marry and divorce; clergy that refused to accept this new way of things were either killed or imprisoned; BUT, Russia's faithful knew it was a hockey Church, and didn't attend even thought they controlled all the parishes. During WWII, Stalin knew he needed religion to motivate people, and knew the new Church wasn't doing it; so he turned all the parishes over to the old clergy and released them from prison; all the clergy who defected to the "Renovated" Church had to do the penance of Apostates where they wanted to be reconciled.

This, by the way, wouldn't make KGB infiltration impossible, but rather improbable, since bishops are generally chosen from monastics, so the KGB would have to infiltrate as monks and live an ascetic lifestyle for decades and get vetted by their fellows in order to do that. So I don't see any reason to think that's the case.

Walk then you coward
Just make sure you don't turn around

I sincerely hope you're trolling to be fair, is not common to appear lost when your church is ruled by a Argentinian poof?

OP, this should tell you all you need to know

youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU

If you want to grasp how the Orthodox are connect to their faith, I suggest you read The Way of the Pilgrim, or Laurus, by Vodolazkin. The former is a novel found in a monastery in the 19th Century about a wandering Christian seeking to learn perpetual prayer, the latter is a recent novel set in the Russian Middle Ages (and written by a Medieval scholar) about a grave sinner's transformation into a Holy Fool.

You read these books, and you will see how very, very different the Orthodox mindset is from the Latin

The Eastern Orthodox have been infiltrated by the Russian government, it's pretty obvious by those propaganda videos they have, stop being a sheep to man and just go your own separate way and follow the lord through yourself. Or just not be a weak minded person and let one bad Pope throw you off.

>well those thoughts are coming back with the current pope and the way it feels like the church is changing for the sake of non-christians, media and well.. awfully liberal people.

Do not convert to Orthodoxy because your wish to be an alt-right traditionalist is not being sated by the current pope. He is not altering any dogma by his proclamations. In addition, most people who do convert for the reasons you are listing end up ditching Orthodoxy itself and running off to some sedevacantist group.

>? Is the average orthodox man or woman more connected to their faith in general?

If they were, would it matter? It's not the faith of the masses, or the faith of your family and friends, that matters. There are good practitioners of every faith, just as there are bad. Whether Orthodox or Catholic (for, truly, the apostolic churches are all brothers in faith), it is constant metanoia which seals one's salvation and brings peace.

>Is it sticking to the roots I may miss in the catholic church?

Orthodoxy has a highly ethnic aspect to it (even though that part of its culture was condemned by a synod convened by the Ecumenical Patriarch about ~100-200 yrs. ago). In addition, it is fiercely devoted to the writings of the church fathers.

If you want to convert to Orthodoxy, do it because you think that Orthodoxy, and not Catholicism, is the one true church. Do not do it because you don't like the pope.

Those are my two cents, but I'm just a jackass on the internet.

>we believe in the Big Bang!
>we believe in evolution!

Are you ruled by the pope?
How does the pope affect you personally?
What has the pope done to alter your relationship with God?

you are just a fool falling for memes

You are a fucking moron if you think the bible is suppose to be taken literally

>using "liberal" as an insult
>muh faith

Thank you very much, answers I was looking for and words to encourage instead of shit tier trolling and use of memes.

You stupid fuck you fell for the memes and don't even know it

If you so, some spanner on the internet obviously knows best about everything and whatever could influence my thoughts and what not.

>You stupid fuck you fell for the memes and don't even know it

That wasn't me (the guy you replied to), OP. So you know.

EO Is heresy, go Reformed

>EO Is heresy, go Reformed

With all respect, the EO did not get it wrong for 1,500 yrs. because some anti semitic German Franciscan hadn't yet started a protest.

Np, np.

Just be a traditionalist Catholic, we reject the Vatican II

>Orthodox Saint literally doesn't understand how fish breathe.

Detailed knowledge of marine biology is a prerequisite for sainthood.

You heard it here, Veeky Forums.

Jokes on us, God is a giant fish and he will be fucking PISSED all these land-monkeys are fucking up so bad.

Even if the current pope is a cuck he hold no power to tranform the church in his globality. And the catholics will still stay conservative despite his cuckery.

>. In addition, most people who do convert for the reasons you are listing end up ditching Orthodoxy itself and running off to some sedevacantist group.
Ah, no. That doesn't happen.

>Being schismatic radtrad
>Thinking like a Calvinist about eveything except liturgy
>Not being FSSP-parishioner
>Not tolerating Novus Ordo if licit TLM is to far away

What's South America like?
Are you that sperglord who spams screen caps of books and thinks Calvinist and Protestant are synonymous?

this desu

Or you can let sedevacantists and other schismatics and come home

>Does orthodox christians hold their faith high?
Yes, but due to communism, majority of those know little of religion. There's still plenty of religious people though, and number is increasing.
>Is the average orthodox man or woman more connected to their faith in general?
Compared to West? Yes. Because Orthodoxy is part of our identity, much more than Catholicism or Protestantism are parts of identity of Western nations.
>infiltrated by NKVD/KGB
Probably.
>ex-KGB agent
Maybe.
>they're still corrupt as fuck
Define ''corrupt as fuck''. I'd agree there is a lot corruption, but not as much as in Catholic church, historically or in present day.
Besides, did those alleged KGB agents do anything to change the church in some way?
Not really. So why does it even matter?

It's most likely coming to that.