/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Old: >>>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0TJrw5gwx-o
youtu.be/tXwxAgA7tak?t=48s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=odk1MXc1lz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Steak Dinner.

QUICK, CLAIM WEAPONFU

Cane best starter weapon
Can best weapon

See

I can't fuckin' do it, guys. I cannot beat the Orphan.

What's the difference between FRC chalice and just a C chalice in regards to the gem I get from the layer 3 boss? Or anything else for that matter. What does F and R do?

Set a pass, so we can bully the parentless child!

This guy did it at max NG+ at level 4:
youtu.be/0TJrw5gwx-o

Just watch that to learn how to deal with the orphan.

What's a good strategy for the Loran Darkbeast? He carts me every single time. I feel like I can't do anything.

Loran Darkbeast is handled in a very methodical fashion. If you have a fire and/or serrated weapon, that's what you want to use. Focus your attacks on one of his hind legs. Once it breaks, move on to the other one while he still has his lightning down. You want to hit the back legs first since they take more hits to break than his fronts do. Once you've broken all four of his legs, he should only have about a quarter of his health left, less even, depending on your damage output. When he's on the ground from the fourth and final legbreak, go for the head. It'll stagger him, open him up for a visceral, and either take out the rest of his health if you have high skill, or simply do good damage and put him in enough hitstun to finish him off.

It's frustrating at first, but when you finally get the patterns down it's honestly kind of cathartic.

Oh, and fight him with your camera unlocked. His lockon points are wack, and with his constant scrambling about the arena, it'll only make things harder for you.

Thanks. He's my target after I savescum the fuck out of Pthumerian Elder, and I've always had trouble with him. Even with Paarl I always come back after I'm overleveled as fuck because I can't fight that archetype well.

I always thought nourishing was the best gem type for the wheel, but I just saw a video with someone that had exclusively 9.8% tempering gems that have a secondary +72 arcane damage. Are these the best for the wheel on an ARC build?

Jesus Rom in the depth 3 dungeon is demolishing me. What are the old tips for him? Been ages since I played and wanted to finally beat chalice dungeons

Just blow him to bits with a cannon, if you can wield it

I'll try that next time, ended up just using mah pizza cutter. Should probably upgrade the canon at some point as well

Is there a generally accepted level cap for maximum multiplayer activity? 120 is my usual guess, but that seems a bit high for this game.

I appreciate the offer, but I've soloed every other boss in Soulsborne and I would feel like a massive failure now to fail at the last hurdle. I guess I'll need to finally git gud.

I go 110. It allows me to play with 98 memers and 120 memers. 110 master race. 117 is the max level that you can play with people that go 98 though.

>clear all the baby spiders first
>get prepped first (let stamina full refill, pop BBP and paper, etc)
>attack the fuck out of her, even as she is fading out
^the idea here is to make her skip her second spot (which is the middle of the room, which leaves you at a big disadvantage) and got straight to he last spot on the far end of the room
>use the pillars as cover and wipe out all the baby spiders near you, then move up the right side of the room, using pillars for cover
>wipe out any nearby spiders (bait them to the pillars)
>when you get to the last pillar and take out any baby spiders, wait for an opening in Rom's spam, then do a sprinting attack to her face
^CD Rom's face doesn't have the same massive damage reduction as story Rom's.

For BB, the perfect level is 98. It lets you invade people going through the nightmare of Mensis and lets you co-op naturally be summoned by as low as lebel 60s, among other benefits.

Speaking of which do I have to go to 117 if I want to be viable with arcane? I fucked up my build so I could barely use the moonlight greatsword but even without fucking my build 50 STR 70 arcane doesn't seem possible with 98.

>When you're invading and the phantom has a max health pool of ~600

I don't get it. Why do people run such low vit? Especially with the health penalty phantoms get. He died in two hits from a fucking Stake Driver. I'd have killed him in one on my arc build!

I'm on my first playthrough ever right now and using Ludwig's sword. Just got the Whirlygig Saw. I've read about how awesome it is, so I went straight to upgrading it to +9. My Ludwig's sword is +9 as well. My Ludwig's still outdamages the whirlygig with 32 strength and 25 skill. Is the pizza cutter a meme weapon or is it actually good? Will it outdamage Ludwig's at some point if I keep on leveling my strength?

I meant 50 vit not strength.

Because they aren't built for PvP

LHB is a Quality weapon (scales from Str and Skl). The Pizza Cutter is a Str weapon.

For the Whirly, you want a build that looks closer to this. With High Str the Whirly becomes the best PvE weapon in the game.

I use 110 for all of my builds, so I don't know if I'm the right person to ask, but I love my ARC build. It's literally my favorite build I've made. Why the fuck are you going 50STR 70ARC though? 25STR 50ARC for builds that use the HMS, Wheel and Tonitrus, For flat damage weapons, just get the base stats and 50 or higher ARC, or if you want to use the Kos Parasite and the starting weapons (Saw Cleaver, Cane, Axe) then stay base STR/SKL and pump that ARC.

Tfw savescumming Pthumerian Elder and get a Blood Rock but a shitty gem so you have to softreset anyway.

Thanks for the quick answer. Since there isn't a way to respec (?) I probably wasted too many points on skill already so I'll just keep on using the Ludwig's sword. I like its moveset a tad better anyway, and it looks better with my executioner set.

Is the pizza cutter's one handed mode decent or is the weapon strictly for two-handing?

What's the best place to grind in the game? I'm going through the very first room of Iszh Gravestone level three, and am getting ~100,000 blood echoes per run, but I'm wondering if there's a more efficient spot somewhere. I'm trying to get all of my stats to 40 for the sake of being able to try everything to see what I want to do for my next build, but I'm at level 137 right now and it is quickly becoming a slog again.

I meant vit right now I can end with 50/12 /18/12/ 5/51 but It was supposed to be kos parasite and then I wanted to use the Whirligig. I still want to use the kos parasite and arcane tools though. If I get to 117 I can get arcane to 70.

No respecs. LHB is also amazing though. The Pizza Cutter is good in one handed mode too.

Cheers bro.

I'm still using my hunter's pistol I picked right at the start, there isn't any need to replace it with something else? I have 7 bloodtinge. Also, are guns worth upgrading?

There's really not much of a reason to go to 70 ARC aside from maximizing Hunter Tool efficiency. I run 50 ARC and my Hunter Tools still do significant enough damage to use them consistently. If you want to use the HMS, Wheel, or Tonitrus then I recommend going to 25 STR. If not, then go to 20 STR for your Whirligig then dump your remaining points (117 or 110 or whatever you prefer) into END or ARC. I think you may find 12 END is low for weapons like the HMS and Whirligig so I recommend trying them out at that END before you put more stats into something.

You can try everything out at level 117.

Personally, I get 8 tinge so I can use the repeating pistol. It is worth upgrading. Even at 8 tinge it does a ton of damage if you use a BMA.

Unless you are on a BLT build though, the other guns aren't worth upgrading, imo. For the most part they are just parry tools, and you can't still parry with them even without upgrading them. That said, there is no reason not to upgrade them if you already have your main weapons upgraded and the spare materials are just taking up space in your inventory. You should upgrade them on a BLT build though, because they do a tone of damage.

Thanks a ton for the advice, I might try out the repeating pistol. Now it's back to farming blood vials so I can finally beat Maria.

Eh. I'll stick with the 98 build for now. If I need to pump to 70 I will. It sucks that the scaling requires so much arcane.

Happy to help.

This is what an 8 BLT repeating pistol can do:
youtu.be/tXwxAgA7tak?t=48s

I usually keep the rocks and re run the dungeon.

Whats the "best" str weapon for pvp?
I might just pop heavy abyssals into a saif or church pick if nothing is any good

when you str, EVERYTHING is a str weapon

People seem to do well with the Whirly's dash R1.

120s can be invaded by Bl 76-142 tho

Untricked Wheel, Tonitrus, Beast Cutter, Kirkhammer, Amygdala Arm, Whirligig Saw, Boom Hammer, Hunter Axe, Saw Cleaver. The "best" is the one you like best.

Just wondering if theres a best str weapon in peoples eyes like the skill rakuyo
Holy fuck i was so excited for the whirligig b4 the dlc hit but during gameplay while im wearing those psn wireless headsets and the weapon sounds are way too annoying.

But 120 can't invade 98, friendo.

Hunters Axe is always a safe bet

We're at two hours of savescumming Pthumerian Elder. Still no good gem. Contemplating suicide.

Good.

Those cucks ruin all the fun.

>WHAA WHYD YOU SHOOT AT ME IN DARK SOULS WITH GUNS

>WHAA YOU PRESSED R1 TOO MUCH AND I DIDN'T TRY TO DODGE IT

>YOU BEAT ME BUT I'M SO GOOD THAT YOU BEATING ME MUST MEAN YOU'RE BAD

Why would that matter? A 98 can still invade a 120.

>savescumming

The RNG knows.

kill yourself

If I'm the one invading, I want to be able to invade as wide a range of people as possible.
110 masterrace representing.

What was that, the running R1 of the tricked Cane is just a shitty slash with no range

Bah, quit throwing weapon suggestions like I'm new.
I was wondering if after all this time there was a new dash flat arc wheel attack or something. Been away for awhile.

There's no obviously "best" STR weapon like the Rakuyo. Every weapon aside from the Shithammer is viable.

Just HA up a Rakuyo or Saif.

Whirly dash r1 spam is not bad but outclassed by the bloodletter dash r1 spam.

Press R2

>get bitched at for using bma repeater, bunch of fgts in the fc use the cannon while i held myself back.

GOT ONE OF THE COLD ABYSSALS I WANTED.
Now only 2 more to go

Thanks fellas
Anyone else think the whirligig is irritating to use in terms of its sounds?
I feel like im wearing crazy pants!

These people really need to learn how to play the game instead of just stripping elements out because they don't want to figure out how to deal with them.

protip: most "broken" stuff in Souls games is super easy to counter

but everyone here is 98

It doesn't bother me, but I definitely understand how it could bother you. I couldn't use lightning weapons in DS1 because of the sound.

I love the sound. It's basically a screeching "PARRY NOW!"

You do you, man. I'll stick with my glorious 110. It's such a pretty number.

But everyone else doesn't give a fuck.

Y'know what's an even prettier number? 111

Why is the Kos Parasite such shit? I have a full set of pretty good ARC gems and my AR is barely breaking 300. Is this how it's supposed to be?

No no no. You don't understand the glory of the 0. This is why people ignored the superior 120 meta in DS1 in favor of 125. They didn't understand how nice and clean 120 was. I'm almost getting a chubby just thinking about it

I think the Milkweed moves have multipliers that make up for the apparently low AR, but I've never tried using it seriously enough to be sure.

who cares about everyone else? we can still invade and wreck them.

But if you like zeroes so much, why not stop at 100 instead? It has two of them!

Then come invade and wreck me.

Because one zero perfectly balances the clean style of the one and my favorite number, the two. It's almost like looking at the Sistine Chapel in number form.
Also I've got some terrible OCD, and it makes it easier to make my builds

No rule fc?
No rule fc.
One rule
No bitching.

>i have ocd

No you don't.

Do either if you use the whirligig, sony wireless gold headset WITH the bloodborne specific audio settings?
Shit gets crazy ambient and whirligigs are louuuuud.

This guy has me curious about making the unarmed moveset viable.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=odk1MXc1lz8

Nope. I've never used a headset with my console before.

>fighting Gascoigne with wireless headset
>he does his jump attack and crushes a bunch of gravestones

So when does pure Blt get fun? I'm currently at 30 Vit, 20 End, 30 Blt, everything else at base. Chikage does respectable damage in tricked form but nowhere near enough to make the HP drain worthwhile.

>sony wireless gold headset WITH the bloodborne specific audio settings

This sounds so absurdly autistic I might need to sell my PS4.

can't, busy playing atelier sophie

The trick to doing that in PvE is using the transformation attacks. For some reason the transformation attack from untricked to tricked Chikage has a crazy multiplier. Additionally untricked to tricked R2 decreases the health lost by half.

When you get the Bloodletter.

I kept a blunderbuss with a +5hp for negating momenta of tricked chikage. You care less when you 2h

when you use my build

Do u need meds dude? I dont think u know wut ur saying.

Jokes aside, it seems to really bring out everything like yharnamites have lines i havent heard or amelias prayer being clear as fuck.

Does anyone know of a glyph that has a mob Watcher that drops high level (over 23.9%) Fire/Bolt/Arc gems? I sick of spending so long on these Watcher bossfights only to get a Tempering gem.

Looks like people want to bitch.

Thanks for the tips

Not looking forward to trying to kill Ludwig with this build tbqh. Unless he's highly vulnerable to rapid poison.

Is +5 enough to fully negate it? I assumed it was % based like Power Within.

I put one in just so it heals like 20 hp after a few tricked r1s but it'll take awhile to heal the tricked r2.
Also the hp drain on the r2 is shortens if you go from neutral>l1>r2.

The damage seems a little low unless it's ungemed.

He has gems in his description.
All flat arc.
Looks pretty effective.

h-how do I beat Pthumerian Descendant in Ihyll

Oh he just has 40 arcane. Too bad the stupid thing scales like hunter tools.

Parries.

HMPH HMPH HMPH HMPH

Same way you beat him the first time, he just does a bit more damage now. Parry a lot.

I just beat him with Augur spam.

TIME TO LEARN PARRIES