/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #3 - Androgynous Boipussy edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/7e60Xwd

>Triforce Heroes group of play
*Coming soon or never*

>News/DevelopmentsTwilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
>Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc
>Wind Waker HD coupon:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/5fcf540895787b91
>Bow and arrows for Miitomo:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/0254df5cf4af7f7a

TloZ - "Symphony of the Godesses" concert tour
zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule

TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/

Twilight Princess manga in the west
nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/the_legend_of_zelda_twilight_princess_manga_is_coming_to_the_west

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JWVdUsQFZYw?t=11m22s
youtube.com/watch?v=PiAAJQ6ZMdY
nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Sheikah did everything.

Never, because Zelda prints money. Never, because Goddesses never get bored with their favorite game.

I started thinking about all of this metagame in order to figure out for myself what a "last game" would need. The end of all could only be achieved by destroying the Triforce, which would also end the cycle.

I really liked the "several versions of the same story" approach Nintendo had before they went with the timeline split. I figured a last Zelda game could be about stories selected from previous games. The main character would have been the "last" Link and the storyteller would have been the not yet decided character that wants to end everything.

After several sessions of magical story telling, the meta plot would be revealed. After the hero realizes what shit his soul went through in previous lives, he decides to end it with a wish to the Triforce, telling it to GTFO for good.

>First for Sheikah did everything.
It's a conspiracy. Like the fact that Sheik is Male.

reminder that medli is actually wearing pants and boots

It's a bit sad to think everything that happens in the games is just decided by three stupid Godesses, playing with human life.

Where's the free will? Altough this might be a way to show how videogames works. In videogames the player has just apperently a free will. Everything is already scripted. It's a meta discussion.

Actually, in thinking about it, it is quite silly that the entire time, it's just been a game between three sisters as far as the goddesses give a shit.

Also, a story where the three "champions" of the goddesses (Ganondorf, Link and Zelda) realize they've been played like a damn fiddle the entire time for the amusement of the goddesses for countless centuries, before the three go off to try to end the cycle and be free of this bullshit would be quite the fun tale to behold. If only to see how assmad the goddesses get and how hard they try to fuck everything over to set the status quo back to normal, just because they're sore losers who never want the "game" to end.

Hold on. You tought those were her real feet and she was basically pants-less?

>The end of all could only be achieved by destroying the Triforce, which would also end the cycle.
That could work. We've already seen the Triforce can shatter, and Lorule's Triforce was actually destroyed. Granted, it took a wish to bring it back, but if there's no more Triforces to make wishes with....
Although, couldn't the Goddesses just make another one if that came to pass?

Ganondorf literally did nothing wrong.

Except stealing, kidnapping little girls and killing one of the sages.

>Zelda has a combat suit and ninja tacticool gear
>Changes back into a dress anf filigree because having her not be immediately captured and taken hostage would be too much for fragile minds

Is it wrong that I want to fuck Fi?

Those legs are godly

>Like the fact that Sheik is Male.
That's not a thing. Didn't stop me from cosplaying Sheik though.
Oh god, I simply didn't know back then. The game just came out and I didn't play past the fire temple.

>Actually, in thinking about it, it is quite silly that the entire time, it's just been a game between three sisters as far as the goddesses give a shit.
What if the girls in the Oracle games were the actual goddesses who decided to fuck around a bit in mortal bodies?

If the Goddesses grant the wish they probably won't bother to bring back another one too soon.
But yes, they could probably troll us by simple making a second one.

Din doesn't care. She will always love her strong boy.

>killing one of the sages.
Those fags deserved it, they were cowards

Wanting to fuck an amputee is shameful.

youtu.be/JWVdUsQFZYw?t=11m22s
Never saw this footage before where is it from?

Those people are huge faggots.

Interesting finds in the last thread:
youtube.com/watch?v=PiAAJQ6ZMdY
And
Pic related plus

>If the Goddesses grant the wish
Wait, I thought it was the Triforce itself, not the Goddesses through their artifact, that granted the wish.

Fuck the game does look fantastic on those screens

>Din doesn't care. She will always love her strong boy.
Well, I love Dorf too but that doesn't make him guilt-free, ya know.

Post photos of you cosplaying s Sheik. You can censor the face.

12:20 they confirm there's other runes in the games besides the ones we saw in the demo.

I want to find that fucking armor, damn it.

>the Plateau is 1% of the game

Fuck

This is now a Tingle thread.
Tingle-Tingle, Kooloo-LIMPAH

I'm ok with that.
Will Tingle be in BotW?

I don't have a source, but I read in another BotW Thread that he would be there.

He better.

Yeah, I think it says that somewhere. But then, does it matter? We don't know about the Goddesses' will or what the Triforce actually is. The Goddesses want it to exist and have it grant wishes. Effectively, from our perspective, the Triforce is an extension of the Goddesses' will.

I think it was February 1999. I may have photos from that time, but they are not digital. I do not want to find them.

Nigger, that might be a big deal, you better not be bullshitting.

Likely story.

But that might make all the difference. ALttP reveals the Triforce has an "Essence" of its own, which could mean its own consciousness, separate from the Goddesses, so... what if it's also tired of the Goddesses shit and eventually joins the three champions in their quest to take them down? What if, at the end of Zelda, we go Gurren-Lagann super-giant-epic-final-battle on their divine asses?
Sorry, got a little excited there.

As I said, someone in an other thread said it was confirmed. But I have no source and neither did he provide any.
Also how did you correctly guess my skincolor?

Someone watched Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6 and still can't get over it.

It's just common slang, my black friend. I have been lucky.

Not that it will happen with Aounuma there, but if we ever get a female Link, I really hope her design is that of slender girl, with a small chest and just enough legs to make her look good.

We already have female Link, like it or not.

Isn't that just SS zelda with a crossbow?

No. It's female Link, aka Linkle.

I like Linkle just fine, but while she certainly is a hero, she's definitely not the Hero. You can't just put on your Robin Hood gear and suddenly become the bearer of Courage, especially when there already is one at the moment.

Ideally, a female Link wouldn't look much different than a male one. The androgyny is important, after all.

It's aliens.

>Ideally, a female Link wouldn't look much different than a male one. The androgyny is important, after all.
This. They make Link androgynous because his sex doesn't actually matter. Let's be frank here, his models doesn't even have genitals. He is genderless.

>Triforce Heroes group of play
>*Coming soon or never*
Shame is not going to happen.

nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf
It's already been 100% confirmed NX comes out in March 2017. Was it already confirmed Zelda will be a launch title?
That's 9 months, not far at all.
getting really excited.
Think of how exciting the E3 demo was.
Think of all the stuff they will add in these 9 months.

>Was it already confirmed Zelda will be a launch title?
Yes. If the NX didn't exist, we would have gotten the game this year.

>ALttP reveals the Triforce has an "Essence" of its own
I think that's only there so people don't think it's the Goddesses themselves.

I think I just can't give a shit about OOT. Like, I just don't care to get further in it. I don't know why it isn't capturing me.

I also have TP and SS to work through, but if I can't even finish OOT, is it worth even trying to play those other games?

>Don't Hug Me I'm Scared
I didn't know what this is before you mentioned it. What made you think I watched it?

OoT aged kinda poorly when you see its pacing in my opinion.

How far are you in OoT?

Also the other two are definitely easier to get into if nothing else because they're newer games that incorporate much more to them than just 3D and great level design.

I'm pretty sure canonically, the Golden Goddesses completely fucked when they made the Triforce. Like they're gone from beyond mortal comprehension. So they literally have nothing to do with anything going on.

Let's say those videos have a strong feeling of "things that keep happening over and over".

Did we ever got an actual canon image that shows the three Godesses?

Jabbu's stomach. So, not very far.

I had the same problem with TP back when I had it on the Wii, I got to the desert and stopped caring because fuck Poe Souls.

They were depicted in OOT.

And in Minish Cap, there were three villagers based on them.

And girls with the same design were in the oracle games.

Do you prefer 2D Zelda games by any chance? I'm asking because many people have problems with 3D Zelda's pacing.

You're not alone, user. It's not enjoyable right now to me, even on the 3DS.

Hold on, those three are the actual godesses? Or just some wacky reincarnations?

We don't know.
I think they are.

I fucking loved LBW. And LttP was my first Zelda game. I loved Minish Cap too.

But I managed to get through WW without getting bored (admittedly several years ago) and people constantly say that game has poor pacing.

Doesn't really make much sense for them to be the actual goddesses.

Which animal companion is best in Oracles? I know it doesn't make a difference overall and you can get all the items with any of them but I want to be sure I don't regret my decision.

I picked WW back up after fixing my Gamecube and I fucking love it by comparison. So easy to fall back into its world.

Majora's Mask, too. And Lttp and ALBW. Can't vouch for TP, because it's been a long time since I played it.

But all the others are far more enjoyable than OoT.

Makes sense, WW is the 3D Zelda game that so far is somewhat more similar to other 2D games.

>Godesses are three (3)
>They spawn four (4) light spirits
What the FUCK?

If the Oracles we see in Ages, Seasons, and Minish Cap were the actual goddesses, then they are total weaksauce.

Dimitri is advantageous in Seasons because you can't traverse deep water without him (less so in Ages because Mermaid Suit), but you have to dance like a motherfucker to get his flute before visiting the stretch to Sunken City or else you're locked to Ricky. Ricky's good in either game, and fuck Moosh you can't expect me to button mash that well when I'm 10.

What kind of features they haven't showed us do you think will be in the actual game ?

>Jabbu's stomach. So, not very far.
That's the lowest point in the game for me honestly. Push a bit more and see how you feel going back to Kokiri Forest after you get the master sword, honestly a great moment in the game. But the game has aged, so I guess just try enjoying it considering the timeframe when it was developed and released.

I hope to see some neat sidequests from NPCs. That's all.

>the actual goddesses
If they were the goddesses, they must have used mortal vessels. I was about to say "powerless", but they actually had powers.

>Link's ass is constantly groped by an animated skeleton hand
Everything is someone's fetish.

Ressources management gonna be great. If you use up all your weapons during a boss fight you're screwed.

I wonder if the skelly arm will rebel against you if you keep it for too long.

I really hope choosing a weapon gets a better interface. One line is shit, give me a grid and let me organize shit in any way I want

Someone brought this up already but it's a shame you can't fight with bare hands. I love punching stuff to death in games.

Yeah makes it feel like we're playing a shooter. Do not like.

Twilight Princess was the best Zelda because it had the most waifus.

Count 'em up. Tell me if I'm wrong.

>this is Fi

I hope Fi shows up, with chocolate splattered all over her. That'd be hot

How long until someone draws Fi all scarred to shit?

>Wii U can play almost every single Zelda game
>but it doesn't have its own exclusive one

Why is this allowed

>Legend of Zelda General

YES! You guys actually listened to my criticism! This almost makes me want to replay an old LoZ title so I'd have an excuse to contribute to the thread.

Uh, no, please,no

It didn't age well for new fans and players.

Nintendo needs to make a legit remake for it. A full-on FF7-scale remake, not some repainted 3DS port.

So considering TP is after OOT, and how this looks very similar. Maybe the game takes plays after TP since at the end of the game the castle is destroyed and in BOTW we see walls around the Plateau that look very similar to castle walls.

Go for it, bro. We need more contentfags.

That would be cool but people are forgetting that that broken window and chest aren't by the ruins to the west it's literally in front of the temple of time

>tfw no cute naked fairy peeping into your ear
Anyway Twilight Princess may as well have been an OoT remake.

Wonder where Lon Lon Ranch is!

Yeah, I'll keep at it. I just don't get why am I not having fun. I feel I'm doing everything you normally do in a Zelda game.

It also isn't a game I can pick up and play, which means despite being on a portable and always with me, I'd rather play Rhythm Heaven on my lunch break. Which is what I did today.

Yeah. I wonder what it is about it.

This actually got me thinking of something HUGE with the series:

In all three timelines, by the latest titles of each and every timeline, Ganon(dorf) is assumed to be ded and staying that way. In the Adult timeline, Ganon ends up with a sword to the head in Wind Waker. In the Child Timeline, it's a sword to the gut/heart. And in the Defeat Timeline, Ganon got silver arrow'd to death, and no one's around to revive him. In all timelines, Ganon is assumed to be truly gone/ded, no questions asked, by the end of WW, TP/FSA and AoL.

So the question is, what if this actually was a convergance of timelines, with the rage, assmad and so forth of all three Ganons combined into a single being of pure evil and rage that only knows how to destroy? With the right plot elements sprinkled in to hint at such, it'd actually help tie together everything.

>Yeah. I wonder what it is about it.
Dat art style. Super-comfy. High seas adventures are fun.

It's a curse. But I'm ok with it. I love my Wii U despite everything. BotW will be its goodbye song.

Right now we only have that one guy playing SS so I'd say go for it.

But that can't be it? Right? I am not a game designer, but surely being pretty and having an amazing theme doesn't make for that spectacular a change.

Someone mentioned that it is more similar to a 2D Zelda game than the other 3D Zeldas. I wonder how.

I do love how everything is kind of seperated. I love being DONE with an island.

Slow down. Being petrified is not exactly being dead. Who knows, by removing the swird from Dorf's head, he might come back.

>by removing the swird
>swird
Is the spirit in the swird called Fo

>saw a new medli hentai picture
It's bondage though

I don't know. It does have its flaws, most of the islands are small and forgettable, the tedium at the end.

But it's got a real sense of adventure which probably is due a lot to the sea setting.

Also how did I fuck up that tag? I hate mobile.