Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

I fell into the meme of attending free uni in Germany. I'm currently doing industrial engineering in TU Berlin. The thing is, I don't really think I'll enjoy working here because of the horrible language. How is the employment prospect of someone with a German engineering degree in the US? I'm also doing my degree in German, is that a good or a bad thing in the eyes of English speaking employers?

>Bilingual
>Degree from first world europian country
8/10, would hire if not autistic

>Germany
>first world
not for long brother, inshallah

I think it would be best for you to just stay in Germany. Life is much shittier in the US

Dude, as soon as you have finished your studies pack your things an come join us here in austria!
God kissed this world once after creating it and this place is here

If you want to keep speaking anglophone there are a lot of large German engineering firms with facilities in the UK

I think Austria is pretty much the same as Germany. I would have to keep on speaking German which would make it a bit pointless to move out.

Sounds nice. I heard from a friend that UK might be a little racist though. I'm from Indonesia so I might get treated like a paki. My stepdad is a brit, but I doubt that matters.

>I would have to keep on speaking German
What is the problem? Are you one of those pathetic immigrants that was surprise they don't speak Arabic in Germany? If you had just looked at the Wikipedia page for 5 seconds you would've known.

I wanted to go to grad school in Germany. I still sort of do, even if I'm not sure I'll even go to grad school.
Unlike OP I like German.
How's the country?

God damn it, made me kek.
Remove kebab.

Good.

Raytheon.

They need engieers to make weapons and they sell weapons to our allies aka germans

OP I would like to know how your experience has been, and if you had any money saved before you went out there? I'm flat broke and I want to attend college out there but the cost of living for students in germany is about 1000 USD a month, is there any financial aid that would cover that or anything that would help me make money out there?

The UK is the least racist country you could visit. Don't forget south Asians have been incorpated since the 1900s.

I just prefer English. I can't really express myself that well in German.

It's a really nice country contrary to what most 4channers say about it being overrun by mudslimes and shit. I think I'll stay here for awhile.

It depends on where you are from. I had to deposit about 8000€ before moving in. My cost of living is about 600€ per month and I live quite fancily as a student. It depends on where you live though. My cost of living might double if I live in München. Well, I have a part time job here that helps a bit. It's quite easy to find. I'm sure there are also tons of scholarships around. I haven't really looked into any of them though.

Check out Dresden or Leipzig, it's much cheaper there.

I must say OP's post really rustled my jimmies. Here in the Netherlands it are always anglo migrants that cant speak the language. And as a result become isolated. While even Venezuelans are fluent in Dutch in a couple months.

Just learn the language man.

dont listen to this sandnigger

Move to US as fast as you can. In Germany you'll never become financial independent, will pay high taxes your whole life

But it's hard as fuck to move to the US because of the work visa required. It's much easier to work in EU because of the blue card thing.

It's not good. US degrees are considered the best. You fucked up. Why do you think everyone sends them and their fucking mother here for school even when it's so expensive?

You fucked up.

Then why is the average German engineer better than an American one? Everyone knows this. Checkmate americunt

How did you go about learning German well enough to get a degree in it?

yeah but then he'd have to live in proper east germany.