/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General #13

Previous Thread ALT-F4 edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD
Pastebin with all of the values for Cheat Engine (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Save game with a billion bloodpoints or whatever: megafileupload.com/foe0/Dead_by_Daylight_Update.zip

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Video of the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=vObENy1Wl4w

>Latest Patch Notes (June 17 / v1.0.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206084790905/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/013XP4DWhQJG5l0Kl
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whatever # for SILENT HILLBILLY HOLY SHIT THIS IS BROKEN but surbibors with 3 windows still most OP

Enjoy whining about cheaters and rage quitters then while never knowing what causes the issue.
>And a lot of people that aren't shitlord cheaters don't have those perks
Than they can imagine they're the new players who joined 6 months into the game after launch.

I'm focusing on it because and you said it in the sentence below
>The only possible good thing to come form this is that it brings up how dumb some of these perks are
That's the nail on the fucking head, but most people are to busy whining that someone got the perk earlier than they should than arguing that the fucking perks are so broken.

>Patches down the line
And I hope to god they do, frankly perks should be removed from a game like this, but it is more or less conjecture, they might just punish the save scummers while leaving the perks as is.

>Prestige
I think that is more or less a toss up, if the perk bonuses are far to great most people won't be willing to give them up for a bloody shirt and a neato level decal.
>Actual ranked queue
Due to how they've handled rank thus far I'm not holding my breath for them implementing a ranked queue properly. And if they do you're probably not getting large influxes of new players (sales maybe) so you'll probably be stuck with long ass queues, getting queue'd with bigger fish, or prestige players who know the game much better than a new player, but I suppose that would be more fair than LOL SELF HEAL SABOTUER SPRINT BOOST
>Ranks don't even do anything
Oh but they do, they encourage disconnecting faggots

When can we remove cheatengine stuff from the OP?

Whenever they fix it.

Can't we just start making new threads without it?

Also join the Discord:

discord.gg/013XP4DWhQJG5l0Kl

remove cheats and save scum from op

most of the retards don't even know how to use it

>that one guy all throughout last thread bitching about it

absolutely delicious

are the rumours of future killers and such being DLC after the first killer, survivor and map?

So then it's probably not important enough to be apart of the general, and would save fuckloads of posts of "guise help how do I hax".

So now that the dust has settled, are you glad that you got the game? Why/why not?

Third game now where saw only makes a noise when I click M2 once.

$16 well spent

Yeah, it's pretty fun. Probably one of the better games I've bought in the last six months but to be honest there wasn't a whole lot of solid choices so far.

I've gotten 60 hours for $16 if you count beta time, and I'm planning on playing it when I get home from work as well. Glad I got the game but I'll be much happier once it starts getting fixed a bit.

Yes I'm glad I grabbed it, wish there weren't so any cheaters though.
That said, its not really the cheaters that are making it a less than fun playing experience, its the fact so many perks for survivors are so broken hopefully they make some attempt to balance it in the near future

Holy shit why is the hillbilly so goddamn amazing?
Once you figure out how to use the chainsaw properly it's fucking god tier

I've got around 59 hours of in-game time if you count both the beta and release, so propably 40 hours of actual gameplay at worst since I often leave the game running while I have to do something else.
I'm kinda tired of this game already but the money was well spent.

reminder to just cheat, the game will be dead in a month anyway, no reason to grind :^)

>Blanking out your name
Tip top faggotry

But I like the false sense of progression from doing daily rituals and dumping points into my bloodwebs.

>took literal days to figure out how to abuse the system
.finally had to resort to a youtube video after no one would spoonfeed him
>acts smug

lmao

well ,i knew you assmad faggots would try to report if i left it in

Got 30 hours including beta so far. £14 pound for 30 hours of entertainment is value to me. Going to see a movie would be the same price

WHAT IF killers got a stacking buff based on how many survivors are grouped together?

this way there can be a party queue and the killer won't be completely boned

I will now single-handedly balance this game.

>remove the character perks that allow X action withouy the corresponding item, replace them with perks that instead boost their effectiveness with said item
This will easily fix juke-healing, as eventually they will still run out of charges.

>Sprint Burst's cooldown will not go down if your character is moving
Spriny Burst is only meant to be useful at the start of a chase, having it activate while you're still running is silly and just prolongs pointless hunts.

>every time a survivor window/pallet hops, they incur a stacking penalty that slows their hopping speed for the next 7 seconds
A very logical way to fix window juking. Start at normal speed, 2 times makes you go wounded speed, 2 more after that makes you go walk speed.

>fix the attack reset bug for Killer
Because it's a bug.

>implying they can't look up the match based on the other 4 players

Because going fast and hammer time.

>Have a perfect game
>No one is injured at any point
>All 4 survivors escape
>Get de-ranked because no altruism or boldness points

You know the ranking system is fucked when it has you running around and purposefully getting caught

I wish I never played it. I almost never rage quit in multiplayer game no matter how bad I'm getting my ass beat. But there is just too much cheesy shit killers have to put up with and I doubt it will ever be fixed.

Maybe add an extra generator for a game with grouped players

Juke-healing only works when you have a medkit. The entire basis behind it is that the skill that gives you the ability to heal without a medkit (self care) also buffs the effectiveness of medkits by a fuckload. If you try to heal without a medkit, even with every other perk that will increases the speed + you have dwight and all 4 survivors nearby for max boosts, the killer will still whack the shit out of you.

>complaining as survivor
seek medical help

What?

I always hear about survivors being OP and cheesing but I feel I have to get lucky to get away from a competent killer, how do I git gud?

I get that the system is currently pretty shit, but even I know that as a survivors if you do one generator and take down 2 hooks, you'll get a pip for just surviving since that gives 5k fucking points, the hooks should hand out about 3k depending on how many skillcheckes you get, and the gen should give you another 1.5k-2k depending on how many survivors help you. Even if you never see the killer and none of you ever get hurt, you can all get out with 10k+ BP. Hell you don't even have to take down hooks if you all just stick together and do gens as a group.

>Sprint Burst's cooldown will not go down if your character is moving
Just make the cooldown go down slower if you are moving. Stopping it completely would make people way too passive.

Pray that the killer isn't a laggy third worlder and abuse juke spots since they are the only way to escape the killer.

who the devs? im sure, but thats aloto f work on their end, maybe they should just have better anti-cheating shit?

or what if i just do this?
the survivior on top was a claudette who was trying to style on me, running me around a window, i had to give up once, but when i caught her she got my chainsaw to the back, the just straight out kill the survivor offerings are 100% the best, most satisfying, especially if there is one in particular you hate on their team.

none of the killers are cheese
if anything the survivors have a huge edge over the killer
dont whine about "cheesy" killers when juking exists

>Reading comprehension is for the weak

>So much cheesy shit killers need to put up with
>Killers need to put up with
>Killers
>Duh... me must be talking from a survivors perspective!
Don't be that kind of retard

>im using this against a group of level 1 surviviors
>trapper's face when

lrn 2 read

>look guys I finally figured out how to import saves

Is hooking a survivor "killing" them?
I honestly don't know if this game is anal about its terminology.

Nah, it's a sacrifice. "killing them by your own hand" means you killed them with a mori, if that's what you're getting at.

>tfw I don't know what a mori is
So bad at this game.
To the wiki

It's an offering that allows the killer to kill downed players himself instead of taking them to a hook

be real with me nigga, how fucking mad would you be?

Setting tool only works for the first trap. It's a waste of a slot.

i think you are lying, family.

It's bugged. It only works on the first.

Not really, trap hitboxes are pretty janky and as much as you think you covered every angle once you start the animation for jumping in no trap can stop you, and since you can just walk like, directly onto the trapdoor before jumping in, well.

Test it out faggot.

He's not lying, those perks don't actually work the way they say they work.

>"Game plan guys, if the killer hook camps, DC- some shitter in my game"
Great community this game has.

Yes that's what it's supposed to do. Doesn't mean that's what actually happens.

i had honing stone on and forgot you could crawl out the escape, i was getting every bear trap in the level and putting them there for dank meme pictures, i was across the map grabbing the last one when he waking into it, i started going back but her crawled out.

so i lost, but more importantly i didn't get my meme picture.

it's terrible on both sides.

>survivor gets caught out
>dcs on the hook

>killer hasn't killed anyone with I generator left
>dc immediately

I am much more concerned about this bullshit than any of the perks and jukehouse nonsense.

Some cheaterfags can't into subtlety

I don't know man, did you check how many hours he has played?

:^)

jesus christ

That's one hell of a period

Can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather keep any points I have than these arbitrary rank pips that doesn't speak to how much skill most people have rather than just "he look, I have better perks so I win more"

I feel the same, but it's still not enough to justify not quitting like a bitch for some people and it robs the good players of their opportunities to earn points.

>yasuo

I don't get it, is that like a known player or someone?

Is it only the speed boost ones that are broken, or is shit like the Fastening Tools and Quad Springs bugged too?

Get his steamprofile, send that screenshot + his profile to one of the 4 mods. He's banned.

Really wish it would just say what % things were instead of "slightly" "moderately" blah blah. All of those words are relative.

Jake or Meg?
Which one is "better"

Claud
>Hop over barricade
>Heal up before killer can run around or destroy it

Meg if you want to run faster than the killer
Jake if you want to get hooks
Claud if you want to be ebin juke master
Dwight if you want to suffer

DWIGHT
POWER

>Play with a friend who wanted me to get this game in a KYF
>He's a cheater
>He always whining about getting caught first
>I'm the killer for our group
>He never not sprints so I find and kill him
>He asks how
>I tell him I followed his trail
>"what trail"
>He never bothered to watch any of the tutorial vidoes
Your average cheater everyone.

So who are the main streamers for this, and which ones are to be avoided

>inb4 deliberately unhelpful 'all of them's

all of them

>tfw killing people by your own hand
>tfw cucking the entitiy

The entity is only accepting you doing that because you offered it a super rare item. It would be like.. getting an excuse from your wife to fuck another woman, or something.

>watching some faggots play bideo james when you could be playing them yourself 10 times better
Talking to yourself is optional.

>Round starts
>Everyone spawns right above the basement hooks unable to move or do anything besides one guy and the killer
>We all have to d/c besides those 2
This is followed by a round where someone through a pallet on top of the hillbilly and glitched him inside it. I'm surprised the guy stayed the whole match and let us escape, I tried hopping over the pallet to give the guy some extra points

i want an image of entity-kun getting cucked as a killer kills the surviviors himself.

FUCKING AUTOHAVEN WRECKERS STOP JUMPING BACK AND FORTH THROUGH THAT FUCKING WINDOW WHO DESIGNED THIS

>Shine a flashlight on a cloaked wraith
>Does nothing
Nice.

I'm sorry your friend is a shitlord, user.

A bunch of retards that's who
Stamina bar fucking when?

>liked Dwight best from the beta
>liked Wraith best at game launch
>liked Little Mac from the reveal trailer
Why are my favourites always the ones people shit on the most later? God damnit.

It's a debilitating case of shit taste, user. My condolences.

how quickly the general forgets that Dwight was once our boy and everyone hated the nigress and camo-fag Jakes,

>Killer hot on my trail
>Throw pallet down
>He completely vanishes
>Stand there confused as to what the fuck just happened and pan around
>He's right behind me
>Ded
What kind of mad sorcery is this

I've been using Claudette from day one of the beta, you niggers can suck my balls.

But you're the nigger here. Everyone hated those two because out of the 4 Jakes and Claudettes were always fucking cowards that hid in closets all game right next to the hatch while Jakes and Megs did the real work.

>2016
>not playing toolbox Jake the Hook Exterminator.

>being a toolboxfag after the nerf
The relic from the long-forgotten era of progress, now worth less than two hooks.

Yeah nah, dwights have always been useless fucktards who fuck up generators and then run away. Jakes hide all game and get killed easily or escape through the hatch. Megs distract killers while claudettes get shit done or vice versa. Get your memes out of here.

Could sure use a killer that uses a spear of sorts that can stab through windows and can be thrown and retrieved

>spear a survivor
>he hides for the rest of the game so that I can't get my spear back

Could be funny.