/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, June 22th:
1893 – The Royal Navy battleship HMS Camperdown accidentally rams the British Mediterranean Fleet flagship HMS Victoria which sinks taking 358 crew with her, including the fleet's commander, Vice-Admiral Sir George Tryon.
1898 – Spanish–American War: United States Marines land in Cuba.
1940 – France is forced to sign the Second Compiègne armistice with Germany.
1941 – Nazi Germany invades the Soviet Union in Operation Barbarossa.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 11 - The End of Days
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-developer-diary-11-the-end-of-days.950847

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - General Fixes V005
pastebin.com/ycs3f6UA

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/bjn9fvw84x36o6e/The
ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
youtube.com/watch?v=a24Uvc7JiYU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

The fall of the Ottoman Empire was a mistake

Hoi4 is pretty bad

reminder to fuck off rob

t. mudslime

The rise of the Ottoman Empire was a mistake.

reminder to build steel factories and encourage bureaucrats

Victoria 2 was a mistake.

Is /gsg/ the best board?

meant to quote

what countries do i make

what borders, which countries will be GROSS

HoI4 will never ever be good

Why does germany look like it's trying to blow Czechoslovakia

Howdy, germanic servants! Check it out, I'm made of gold!
t. Charlemagne

groBserbien and groBpolandium

everything below slovakia (including slovakia) is serbia
everything above is poland

that meme is old grandpa

can't even remember if this meme was from summer 2014 or summer 2015

Restore Hungary, Serbia and Austria-Bohemia, no more no less

This

The hot new memes are Feel Frog and calling everyone who disagrees with you a cuck nu-male

look at this frogposing cuck nu-male

all victoria 3 needs is

1. ability to convert simple rgo's, like from fruit to cattle, fish in shores, lumber in forests, etc... perhaps even multiple rgo's per province. also some products could be produced from different goods (clothes from both cotton and/or wool)
2. smoother map and user interface
3. new combat system with variable/less attrition, less casualties for both sides and less randomness factor

4. religion system, so that catholics can feel better under a fellow christian country than under a muslim country
5. better "assimilation" and internal migration system
6. reformed economy system, countries having millions of pounds in their reserves makes 0 sense. make it easier for countries to get into debt, but do not punish them too much for it. will also make interesting scenarios during financial meltdowns

7. great power council that solves crisis and/or decides the fate of other countries.
8. reformed alliance system. right now it feels very random at times. also do not let sphere leaders to directly join sphereling wars with other minors. instead they should only give them money/equipment and volunteers and only interverne by asking permission from the council. can you imagine russia sending thousands of troops into serbia to defend their ottoman sphereling?
9. less punishment for being a minor country. otherwise, you just force everyone to spam prestige techs. more factors for country rating, like population, income and technology

10. trade agreements, embargoes, naval blockades
11. reformed rebellion system. no more than 2 rebellions can be active at any time. rebellions should be less likely to happen, with major protests and strikes being more common instead, but when they happen it means that they are ready and confident about beating you. other countries could fund such traitors if it's in their interests.
12. more organized general system, generals should be both less useless and less op and can be fired

please don't add bismarck mana

that's pretty gross

>less punishment for being a minor country
sup reddit

how to become a great/secondary power in vicky 2
>step 1: invent romanticism
>step 2: become a secondary power
>step 3: invent realism
>step 4: become a great power

nice mechanics. such a deep game.

Shilling my Eu4 mod Beyond the Pale Legacy - Classic desu, pls download

minors need playability though
look how well it's working in hoi4

What mod is this? That map looks nice.

when will you make your map look as aesthetic as CK2's HIP or EU4's MEIOU&Taxes

good mod btw

Is there ANY reason to play EUIV instead of Victoria II?

I accidentally the old thread

>muh strawmen and reductionism
sup reddit
that prestige doesn't means shit when the real great powers start getting thousands of points in military and industry

Is this from the paradox forums? Can you link me the thread?

1) NO NAVAL INVASIONS except in ports
2) Naval landing forces can't land except in high enough naval base ports (30k in a level 1 naval base, for example, and so on)
3) rework naval AI to emphasize balanced fleet composition, upgrades, and keeping stations around the world (historical)
4) somethingsomething GUNBOAT DIPLOMACY with ACTUAL GUNBOATS

The Great War, AKA The Great Expirement

- DL: dropbox.com/s/bjn9fvw84x36o6e/The Great War.rar?dl=0 -
- 4GB Patch: ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php -

Apply 4GB patch to the Darkest Hour exe. The mod is barebones, so don't expect anything big or deep.

yes
the former isn't a meme game built on liquor

HoI4 and Stellaris in archive when ladmates?

We're working on it.
There are updates to America and the middle east (including Anatolia and the Caucaus Mountains) coming in the next one along with a big culture update.

Nope

Albania has an event chain to get all it's stuff back, unfortunately. It's actually historical

At some point

There will be an event for the 2nd balkan war

Bulgaria didn't control enough macedonian territory after the war to justify giving it a whole province

Russia can intervene in the 2nd Balkan War

Yep, at the start date I will have all the main provinces in turkish names that can be changed

Sorry for the late reply

Reminder to pay for the games you play

HoI4 popup DLC when?

who is he? he looks based

Podcat is based

c o d r e a n u

How the hell are you supposed to invade small countries in hoi4? supply limits pretty much negate any numbers advantage i have because it's such a small border to put an army on

could you make the terrain look less like playdough mixed with construction paper

higher quality texture would be nice. like the ones in HIP or MEIOU

>playing hoi4
>thinking absolutely any thought went into its design
lmao

sorry dan this is a steeloria 2 general

>[text]

And people still say that Goi4's supply system is better than Hoi 3s

hoy hoy hoy buy it goy at zoy.org

>supply throughput depends on on the state level of infrastructure
>you can't even improve your own throughput

So I did the math the first DLC for HoI4 should be out before december I would say. Then if we judge that art of war is the dlc that made EU4 "good" then it should take till about july next year for HoI4 to be good. Wanna bet that that DLC is gonna come out on 4th of july and gonna be america focused. And deal with special forces america and neutral countries roles in world affairs like screencap this I guarantee it.

how small we talking? Hungary (36 borders)? smaller?

If you have like 50 divisions and they have like 10, just select 10 divisions and right click on their first VP province. Then select another 10 and right click on their second VP province.

See where I'm going here?

just invent impressionism then

well memed

Friendly reminder we have the perfidious Venetians to thank for allowing this monstrosity to really blossom. God's making up for it by sinking that shithole back into the sea though

Who /Imperiumalismus Preußens Livonium Balticums/ here

Me

It's hard for me to enjoy EU4 except as a colonial power.

Suggestions?

play something decent

>tfw I'd like to think that multiplayer HoI4 is probably really fun and great
f-fuck you johan for balancing after multiplayer

I'll test it out in the alpha build.

There is currently a multi site raid going on right now against tumblr and faggots. Thought some wagglers here might be interested in it

Nova Mongolium Khanaticums

Play a colonial power.

hoi4 was originally just a risk style game johan dreamed up for internal office play during breaks and employee events

podcat went to freddy and convinced him it was a fully fleshed out game ready for sale

johan despises dan for this reason

they realized that SP-fags don't buy games any more.

No, fuck off, this is where I shill my mod and do autistic stuff

>/b/
>site raids
How old are you?

Based Podcat going the extra mile to bring in more cash for the business

talex

Lads I want to do a Groß Mongolicums Vic2 run but it doesn't have many decisions or events
What should I mod in to make it more interesting

What would a communist Ottoman Empire be called?

>1. MAKE YOUR OWN TUMBLR ACCOUNT.

man podcat is based

?

near east popular union

Decision to annex Tuva and Buryatia and establish a Mongol Confederation or something.

Would a communist Turkish regime reigning over the near-east for ~50 years and eradicating Islam have made the world a better place?

Why would they call themselves near east?

I wasn't here for the HoI4 launch.

Are you retards inevitably bashing the newest Paradox GSG release - like you do with every new Paradox GSG release - even though you'll be sucking its cock in a year's time while bashing the new Paradox GSG that just got released then?

I mean, just wanted to confirm, since it seems like not much has changed since I was last here. Everybody complaining about Paradox games while playing them regardless.

A communist Ottoman Empire should tag switch to Turkey.

the launch was quite calm here desu

hoi4 genuinely has good things going for it

Why?

The is a new bug is unHMM. Siome event_title decision that the AI takes over and over and over again.

How can i contact him?

How much does transportation actually increase colonial migration?

Maybe, but they're buried under a pile of trash that will take years of DLC to unearth

>have shitload of naval fighters, bombers and won a lot of battle with CV
>gained 0 air experience

If you want to be reddit

>play as Silver Legion of America
>me and my motorized boys push west and kill the democratic race-traitors and niggers
>win the war
>re-examine unit production
>can't deploy anything west of the Mississippi because it's technically American land, not silver legion land
civil wars in this game are silly

>4th of july USA DLC
I would be ok with that.

Never mind I forgot that Turkey wasn't a separate tag in V2.

>starting a civil war instead of a popular coup

youtube.com/watch?v=a24Uvc7JiYU

arumba is fucking losing it because he sucks at video games, what a complete and total autist

>im so edgy i cant feel emotion
>grrrr im so angry

what happens if I let these guys win?

How do I get DH at 1080p, how do I set it to 60fps ,and how do I use space to pause?

They act like reactionary rebels for me last time I had them

This is Paradox's new target audience; literal manbabies

holy shit this is so fucking cringey
>if u cant say something nice don't say it at all :(((
this is the attitude thats ruining america

you get annexed