/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, Avorion, From the Depths, Factorio, REM, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
youtube.com/watch?v=7YyxsW_2xmo

Avorion
>avorion.net/
>/egg/ approved server: 149.202.65.190

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

REM:
>www.remproject.wordpress.com
>youtube.com/channel/UCzp2XM98-FcFWAqhFjnxSbg

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: youtube.com/watch?v=iLVnW5exF3Q

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>youtube.com/watch?v=n-aG7E9gTNI

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/
gfgd2gdsgfedsthgeowwtfhsgkspsmtgtgbnsgktosgfggdbgmcgdfogxivgtesglolg

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708552297
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>that fucking image

shit OP

eat shit

P R O B E S
R
O
B
E
S

please just link to this post when people ask what game it is
factoryidle.com

>explosive buyer: $500M $1900/t 1/20t for 900$

>bullet maker: $800M $3900/t 3steel+2explosive/20t for 2 bullets

>gun maker: $1B $5900/t 3steel+2bullets/20t for 2 guns

>gun seller: $400M $1100/t 2guns for $918K/20t

ratios with 0 upgrades:
3 steel+4 explosives for 2 bullet makers
3 steel+2 bulletmakers for 2 gun makers
1 gun maker for 1 gun seller

explosives buyer: 1x2 horizontal
bullet maker: 1 block
gun maker is: 2x3 horizontal
seller is: 2x2

next researches is that word correct? are:
engine components for 2.5B research
analytics center for 250M

Threadly reminder that this is possible in FtD.
Threadly reminder that if you don't know what this is you don't belong here.

I don't know what this is
I've never launched FtD
I only play super dead games

You don't need to know anything about FtD to recognize what's happening there.

dem nand gates
but the real question here is: can you implement a segmented MIPS processor from there?

please explain

But is it useful? What can you use as inputs and outputs?

NAND gates
they're AND gates, but with the output inverted

you can literally replace any boolean operation with nothing but nands
x + y = !(xy)
!x = !(xx)
xy = !(!(xy)!(xy))

I actually understand what I'm looking at now.

In theory, yes. In practice, it'd be a godawful clusterfuck and run like molasses.

You can put anything you damn well please in as an input, if an ACB can detect it.

It can output anything an ACB can output, or just feed true/false signals to the next gate.

I don't play much FTD, what can you put into and out of ACBs? Got any practical ideas on using them?

You can make ACBs trigger on a whole host of things. Altitude being above X, power below Y, enemy closer than Z, the craft being told to turn left, pitch exceeding W, etc etc etc.

The obvious big deal this would enable is smarter thrust vectoring without lua code. Right now, most vectored thrust designs have each vectored mount rotating for just a single axis. For example, the main engines can tilt up/down but that's only used for pitch control or for roll control, since if you try to send commands based on roll and pitch commands they'll conflict with each other. With this, it'd be trivial to vector the main engines to effectively control both pitch and roll at the same time with just a few gates.

To elaborate on the VT improvements this enables:
The typical VT pitch setup right now is "when a command is received to pitch up, tilt the left and right engines up", "when a command is received to pitch down, tilt the left and right engines down", "every .5 seconds bring the left and right engines to level".
The typical VT roll setup right now is "when a command is received to roll left, tilt the left engine up and right engine down", "when a command is received to roll right, tilt the right engine up and left engine down", "every .5 seconds bring the left and right engines to level".
Since you're directly feeding desired angles to the the spin blocks, trying both at the same time means they fight with each other and you go out of control.
With basic boolean logic, you can do things like "when commands to pitch up AND roll left are received, tilt the right engine down and bring the left engine to level".

future is upon us!

>half asleep
>spend an hour to nig rig a factory to run on hopes and dreams
>it crashes all the time

What exactly is happening here?

Someone lost one of the wheel nuts
They took a nut from the suspension there, drilled a hole through the bolt, and put a flimsy-ass cotter pin in its place
ENGINEERING

These fucking people. where do you find more

Sometimes Veeky Forums has threads about stuff like that. Clang is real

>REM is dead already

Is it stillborn, or a miscarriage?

Wait what? Dev here, I have no idea what you guys are on about. I'm editing a REMcast as we speak and we're working on the UI for the demo. Symmetry might also make it in if we get lucky.

faster faget i need to sleep

also i realize

>turn on zero G in besiege
>'we REM nao'
>tfw no multiplayer

just memeing, hopefully you are blessed by CLANG and avoid the curse of the internal ded.

RIP
you guys are really going to have to restrain your autism if you want 60+ fps in multiplayer. The casting system aint gonna get in the first few demo versions, probably. Part count on these fucking rigid body connection points is killing the physics system when you get really autistic with the builds.

We'll be able to fix this to an extent later on by 'welding' smaller frame segments and armor panel pieces into one another, reducing the count, but it'll become an issue if we want to keep simulating the whole structure.

>internal ded.
Clang guides us

make a penis ship pls

That's the tragedy of /egg/ games, inherent ridiculous computational requirements. If only it were simpler to multithread these types of things. Then we'd be offered several different opportunities for highly effective specialized /egg/ gaming rigs. But we might as well be asking for a decent hardware physics API at that point since we're already at the wishing well.

c'est la vie.

>nobody is willing to bite the bullet and spend the time developing a useful shader-based physics API for GPUs
>PhysX will always be shit and garbage and never actually speed up games

Does anyone know if you can set a second nvidia GPU to PhysX-only mode if the primary card is an AMD? I might keep my old 5-series plugged in if I can do that when I get a 390X at the price drop.

There's a bottleneck somewhere, and we're doing our best to open it up. IF we can multithread the shit out of the physics system, we could try to make it indefinitely scaling so it could be feasible to run the physics on a player-run server. So say, for example, you had a spare dual-cpu xeon 24 gorillion core server kicking around, you could run a server with infinite fps, regardless of how autistic the players got.

If we got donations, we could run/rent our own to make sure there was always at least one fully autistic place for people to go.

I think they disable PhsyX-only on the driver level if you have an AMD driver installed. Nvidia is terrified of you buying a cheaper card and offloading literally the only exclusively useful feature.

I had a 280x, a 720gt and a 980 installed all at once a little while ago for giggles. All I got was driver problems and proof that Nvidia hates me.

>Nvidia is terrified of you buying a cheaper card and offloading literally the only exclusively useful feature.
fucking kikes.
why is the only choice for gpus between meme tier shitters and jews

Because they killed the king, baby.

>still no penis ship

>implying

>no comfy animu about cute girls doing cute CLANG

>grill lines running perpendicular to grill
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>you can literally replace any boolean operation with nothing but nands

Jesus I wish I'd known this before

Reminder that gorilla glue and a paintbrush handle are an adequete replacement for alan keys/wrenches if you lose all of your.

>adequete
>all of your
they evidently don't help fix your grammar or spelling when tired however.

Those fumes are srsbsns

So I just caught up to the last thread and 3 things

1)FtD CONFIRMED best /egg/ game in the Hunger Games fuck yes.

2)I want that tonk that user kept posting last thread

3) Holy shit I finally figured out I've been using 12charactersminimum instead of onlymeonlyme. We need to do MP and also holy shit land AI is pretty neato. I still need to transfer my eggheim files over to my desktop though.

>that armor shattering
I AM ERECT

o
m
e
D e m o
w h e n
h
e
n

SOON(tm)
O
O
N
(
t
m
)

We're talking Digital Extremes-soon or Chuckefish-soon? Months or years?

Days if we're lucky, a week plus a few days if we're not lucky.

sooner if we get any donations, buy my mixtape, sempai

>All the forces involved with steering
>a split pin is used as a backup

Noice
o
i
c
e

Clearly the car got to the mechanic shop, so the wood did its job

>Buy plat goyim
ABANDON ALL HOPE

:^)
no seriously, this leaving developing every damn day to go blend smoothies for fat fuckers is getting old, I want to do nothing but bash my face into REM until its perfect

What tonk

>blend smoothies for fat fuckers
>fat fuckers
>[DE]Fatfuck
>REM aka rapid eye movement aka dreaming phase
>Second Dream
IT ALL MAKE SENSE NOW

Is there any sane way to plan t2 plastic maker factory?
Or I am doomed to hell of spaghetti and wasted place?

It was a little tonk and it was fighting the avalanche

these tonks?
i'm gonna do some touching up on em and uploab it soon™

I've had a new idea for a bote in FtD. Since warp drives allow to jump diagonally upwards, the idea would be to make a bote "jump" on top of another and the underside rams would demolish the target

>goomba stomping enemy botes
fund it

oh man i want to see a boat doing the inazuma kick

ded

>hundreds of years later, people are still using my webms
One day there will be a game to make more in. It may be a thousand years but it will happen.

ROTORS IN REM???

>summoning clang

I love you guys

>trying to make a spreadsheet to predict damage, reload and power consumption from all weapon combinations in skubmade
>wiki is spouting incomprehensible shit instead of multipliers or any other useful info for prediction
Do I have to build the fucking thing to get the goddamn stats for it? Jesus fuck.

Clever girl

You were one of the best robuticist, of course people are still using your albums.

Skubmade whale hunt when?
I'm trying to come up with a small non-peashooter ship and need some input.

What do I use to take down the shields? Obviously, with 1:1 Ion tertiary in mind.

For presumably armored hull I intend to use cannon+cannon with enough damage to take out single block of ad.armor per shot.

>Make a vehicle to goomba stomp the enemy
>This happens

>Jesus I wish I'd known this before
Fuck that's one of the first things they teach about this at high, did you ever take classes on this?
Do you even know about karanugh maps? Because that stuff's useful as fuck

>Finally land on top of the enemy without exploding
>It does piss damage.

I'll have to try to make frigates jump on top of cruisers

Nanotrasen in ftd?

you don't take on the shields in a whale hunt

you spear the whale in the chest with explosives, climb into the flesh of the beast and tear the heart apart with your bare hands

Warp drives + tactical nukes might be a good combination

>NT becomes a meme
>Luigi becomes a meme

So... A stealth dropship that deploys breaching pods?
>inb4: someone builds a replica of cuckframe Liset
Those antennae seem like a good place for reactors tho.

Ayy, it only took like 40 deds but we finally got one

My plan I formulated a while back but haven't had an excuse to implement is to create an extremely fast, small ship with overdrive thrusters and a nose made out of warheads. You fly straight at the target, the warheads explode and then you climb into the mark and torch the innards.

WHY WOULD SOMEONE LET THAT HAPPEN TO THE PENCIL?

pleasee stop

AAAAAAAAA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

at least the lead isn't poked out yet

>using pencils
We don't even need physical media anymore you fools

Put the rams on spinblocks you fool

Is there any readily workable way to determine what's causing simulation lag in spengies? For the longest time batteries were the main source, and disabling them all and relying on reactor power kept me at like .80 - .90, but now it's dipping back down and I'm not sure what the hell the cause is.

If the simspeed is below what you want, the problem is probably Keen.
If the simspeed is at or above what you want, brace yourself, for Keen shall strike soon.

Being snowflake ocd autist is so gay

aight tonk is finally done
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=708552297

>it's bigger than the maus

then stop

It's 2 fucking hours i'm trying to make those shapes in ftd, apparently i can't into voxel. Halp /egg/

Try telling that to my university, I'd love for them to get over what happened last time. It's past time for them to learn from it and move on.

I'm telling YOU to stop
I get so fucking triggered when people are like "oh no that triggers my ocd lol xd I'm so unique you know"

Fucks sake it pisses me the fuck off and I never get mad