/[REDACTED]/ [REDACTED] Shit Posting General

Proton edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
Modified versions of popular mods are being included in the stock game while the game engine is being upgraded to its latest version. The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
gigapan.com/gigapans/123073
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-2
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/69426-112-kerbal-aircraft-expansion-kax-v263/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140262-113-airplane-plus-r30-more-propeller-engines-for-you/&page=1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/71992-11-sxt-lacks-stock-extension-sxt-25-10apr16-basic-11-compatibilty/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22583-firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v71-may-5th-for-ksp-10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread: >Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHqLz9ni0Bo

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ
>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/Games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ (doesn't work w/ new aero)
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-105-swashs-delta-v-map (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora and planes are also welcome ITT.

kspg.sytes.net

NOTE: /kspg/ and kerbal are filtered in subject field. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thread.

hullo

HULLO IM SCUNT MANLOUNG AND TOUDAUHY WHERE GUNNA BE PLAYING KERBAL SPUCE PROGROM

FLOY SAYFE

I encountered a save corrupting bug 20 minutes into the 1.1.3 update. The update was a 2-month hotfix after an 11 month engine upgrade.

Oh and there's still SPH artifacting and the flag is pure static.

first for useless 188mb update

Anyone who bullies below this post is a faggot.

fuck off

Faggot

samefag

The only person I will bully is the impersonator.

Is /kspg/ enjoying its third golden age?

*low wavelength noises*

There's no IRC, just a flockmod room

And right now we're talking about disbanding it, anyway
It's turning into a tripfag circlejerk, which none of us really want

what is Aurora anyway

it's always been that you silly newfriend, and you don't have any clue what I'm talking about wrt the irc. Maybe catfucker wants to fill us in?

Some pc only game that looked really fun.

I am catfucker you dingus

happening!!

Hey, I'm catfucker. Don't do that, that's annoying.

"no"

MAN here, ask me anything.

*low wavelength noises*

*low wavelength noises*
(TN. This just triggers the worst poster here)

He's using the trip I gave out! That's cute.

Not me, but if you need me to whip up some fresh rants about the True Paradigm and Squad's evasive and possibly treasonous actions against the Mexican government in order to prove my legitimacy, please just continue to attempt to assassinate my character.

/kspg/, the terms have been made clear to him. He continues to choose to violate them, forcing me to respond every time. Consider that when you ask yourself why you are reading this trash.

Allow me to present the improved version

unironically listening to rick astley.

People used to do that, yeah

He's good, to be honest.

still beats ksp

So, is there anyway to make this game not randomly crash every fucking time?

1.1.3 patch, gringo.

An extremely autistic and addicting 4X spreadsheet simulator revolving around space.

I went head first into that game for a few months before realising you need quite a strong PC to survive later turns (apparently the calculations as your and NPC's empires grow bigger are so massive that each turn can take hours to load if you don't have a decent CPU), so I gave up.

What's the difference?

Does it actually stop the completely random crashes?

Probably not, but might as well try it.

The alternative is 1.05

Ok ill try 1.05

what does this have to do with simple rockets?

I was wondering, but I can't use the game right now to check, if the "hotkeys for operating your craft" links in the OP are now obsolete since kspedia now gives quite a few info about that.
I don't know if they listed all the keys tho

who gives a shit no one here even plays it still

so ksp general is still forbidden? can someone link me to the drawing chat with dicks?

observe closely user

I can only see something added in the second to last panel

Good night, /kspg/!

I can't sleep, /kspg/ :(

I'm playing Project CARS, kspg

vump

we got autosaged, fuck.

No we are not

I'm amazed this is still up

>page 10

I upgraded my PC, /kspg/! Switched from an abomination (A10 7850k APU) to an Intel i5 6600k, and also upgraded to DDR4 RAM.

Minecraft runs 60-70% faster now.

Still ded, I see...
How's your day, /kspg/?

just getting started

a

Everything is totally fine

So help me choose:
Nurburgring GP in an LMP2 or Dubai in a GT3?

nurb4lyfe

K, burgerking it is

Nurburgring GP as in the 24h course?

Nope, that's the Nordshleife (the 20+km long one), I'm talking about the short one where they race F1s, among others.

O____________________O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_OOOOOOOO_O_O_O_O_O_O_OO_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O.

>Racing LMP2s in GP
For what reason.

Unless you're talking about doing 50+ laps.

FYI the next scheduled race of the WEC is at the Nurburgring GP and they race both P2 and P1s on those.
Also I'm not racing yet, I'm just practicing for a while until I learn the track.

Well, how many laps are you doing?
Also, well, it's a 6 hour race after all.

I don't know, I'm not counting them, but usually it takes me a good hour to learn where to brake and how to take turns correctly until I get consistent times, then maybe another hour to tweak the setup of the car.
It depends on the car though, slow and nimble cars like small formulas take a lot less time to learn and to set up, LMP2 are complex machines with a million settings so it takes a lot of time to get used to them.

So maybe a couple of hours before I'm competitive enough to race casually online, it takes me multiple sessions over a few days to really get good at it though.

Keyboard, Gamepad, or Steering wheel?

You can't do much with a keyboard or a gamepad.

Nice. I'll pray to Betelgeuse so I don't encounter you so you can beat my ass.

Hi /kspg/. I hope everyone is well.

ok MAN

>You can't do much with a keyboard or a gamepad.

Doesn't stop people from trying.

What kind of setup? I have a Driving Force GT and it's pretty good for what I spent on it.

Hullo, I'm doing well myself. How are you?

P-please don't bully me.

I'm glad to hear you're well.

To be perfectly honest through, I'm kinda a wreck right now. My emotions are ten kinds of fucked up and I could hardly sleep.

I'm a filthy casual so gamepad

So why not come to the place that is having heated arguments about your presence and pretend nothing is wrong, amirite?

>THIS mad

>using the same image
hi Turkish Handjob

Aww, you liked my shitty comic after all.

I'd still be using one too, user. Only reason I have a steering wheel is because an old friend of mine needed money for drugs, and sold it to me for $30.

>first 1.1.3 torrent shows up
>it's an .exe

Thanks Ben!

dead

gigapan.com/gigapans/123073
neat

TONY BLAIR
WAR CRIMINAL

NEW CONTRACT: CONSTRUCT AN AIRCRAFT TO CARRY TONY BLAIR TO 52.0705° N, 4.3007° E

I'm even more casual because I play on a ps4

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-2
Is this the comfiest airplane in existence?

>he doesn't recklessly launch .exes he finds from the internet without antivirus

Yes. I almost want to install Prepar3d and get an An-2 to meme around with.

>Not the concorde

>Memecorde

TRUMP 2016

DEKEK THE BRITS

>concorde
>comfy

Nope. The cabin was too small to be comfortable. At least it was first-class only.

Wasn't it all right legroom wise? Above economy, anyway.

best plane.

hey speaking of which, does anybody know if theres any mods that add decent looking piston and/or propellor engines? ive tried using the regular jet engines flipped around and with reverse thrust turned on but its a half assed solution at best

>qt husband gets sent home by his work for feeling sick
>set up a sheet-fan fort
>he falls asleep almost instantly

Never got the chance to sit in it (just visited it quickly).But I remember the ceiling was very low.
I wonder if it wasn't too noisy as well.

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/69426-112-kerbal-aircraft-expansion-kax-v263/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140262-113-airplane-plus-r30-more-propeller-engines-for-you/&page=1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/71992-11-sxt-lacks-stock-extension-sxt-25-10apr16-basic-11-compatibilty/ has a few
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/22583-firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v71-may-5th-for-ksp-10/ (roverdude remade the shitty models/textures)
and a few others