twitter.com/sethkillian
twitter.com/shadowxnobody/status/745384074345209856
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Higurashi isn't tryhard

No shitposting this time, ok?

why isn't arcana heart more popular

>Umineko isn't tryhard

too anime

They put a region lock on the North American version so people that imported couldn't play with people that got the NA version.

>play SFV
>enemy just spams one button over and over
>reboot game
Lmao if you honestly think jab/grab is a good tactic than you don't deserve my points
Anyone else do this?

>mfw play on multiple alts rage quitting all the time in ranked

It's a very niche game.
It's a less serious game filled with fun bullshit kinda like Marvel.
It just doesn't have the capeshit.

yea i rage quit all the time. especially when people spam attacks and throws

>RNG shit
>weeb shit
>4:3
Into the trash it goes

What is my gameplan against Guile as Nash? Just getting bodied.

smacc dat ethernet cord out

>Play Nash
Get that ass banned

It's illegal in Canada

Well it took me like 5 years but I've finally hit me that street fighter is not a good franchise lol.

Better late than never, I guess.

Now the problem is trying to decide what to play.

Tekken 7 FR, Xrd Revelator, KOF 14 or Killer Instinct

runaway, build vtrigger and zone with your superior fb

>Tekken 7 FR
Not out

> Xrd Revelator
ded

>KOF 14
not out and will also be ded

>KI
W10/Bone exclusive that is also ded

now its time for you to realize that there are no good fighting games and you're going to be stuck playing the only non dead franchise

Just wait after EVO, it's proven that niggercom paid to have only SFV and not IV

>sf4

CEO top 3

1.Justin
2.Infiltration
3.Momochi

I just want Rock in a new game.

Go to bed Max.

SNK seem determined to cockblock everyone of Rock forever.

>play SFV
>everyone just jumps grabs
>shotos dp every chance they get just to break out
>the game favors more idiotic disrespectful plays than smart plays
I always close my game when any of this happen, can't play the game properly, you don't deserve my points

great game isnt it

>all i've managed to do tonight is hemmorage points like a motherfucker

So fucking stupid, the only time I actually have any fun with the game is in a tourney and that's against people who know and want to win, too bad Texas lacks these tourneys

I say Revelator and T7. Rev is the best fighter out now and T7FR will be just as good and I'll play it alongside Revelator once it's out.

King of Fighters 14 is really floaty and sluggish which is a shame because the mechanics seem solid.

Killer Instinct is a decent fighter but kind of shallow and can get really repetitive.

urious, what don't you like about kof 14. a lot of the kof heads who have played don't have a lot negative things to say about it.

Don't be alarmed, just the best character in Killer Instinct and his music coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=lm2o1VGVc5o

new cvs wen??

people play that game? i thought it was targeted at maximillian fans

its not even limited to online play anymore, it started to leak into tournaments as well

youtube.com/watch?v=ChgEnergaj4

youtube.com/watch?v=AC_OM8omgDU

>King of Fighters 14 is really floaty and sluggish

youtube.com/watch?v=EP20ox9BJnw

enough of this meme, i've played the game and it is absolutely not floaty and sluggish.

why not just play a game you like instead of complaining about sfv and still playing it? derp

I dont play dead games

Reminder that MikeZ was the hero competitive fighting game players needed, but didn't deserve.

>Skullgirls netcode vs SFV & others
youtube.com/watch?v=kYCW0Dfixv4
>Mike's game balance skills
youtube.com/watch?v=CzL3Kbf6LnA
>Capcom really needs to watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=gpXganAM_qA
>Mike's thoughts on current FGC
youtube.com/watch?v=s2X4sRdjYRU
youtube.com/watch?v=7_uPfKDYPCY

>tl;dw Lab Zero and MikeZ
youtube.com/watch?v=YYn3tcu7oTc

It's too late to apologize. He has left for greener pastures. (webm related)

Pretty much my only complaint is that damage is not skewed in the way I would like it to be. I don't know how to word it properly so I'll just explain, right now let's just say that 1 bar will let you do 50% damage for the sake of having nice even numbers. Let's just for the sake of clarity say that the combo in question is cl.C f.A fireball into super. What I mean by the damage is not skewed how I would like it to be is that the cl.C f.A bit of that combo does like 15% damage, the fireball does 5% damage, and the super does 30% damage. None of that is even remotely accurate to anyone really but I'm just trying to illustrate a point. Normals don't do dick for damage and supers are fucking ridiculous. I get that they are really trying to push people to spend meter but that's just too much. What I would LIKE to see and what I hope really happens is that I want the overall damage to stay exactly the same, so for this example 1 meter for 50%, but I would rather the cl.C f.A part do something more like 20%, the fireball to do 5-10%, and the super to do 20-25%. Basically just slight adjustments to make normals higher damage output than they are currently. As is the damage output is entirely reliant on meter and that's kinda shitty, I fear if anything is going to make the neutral or anti airs kinda bad it's going to be the fact that you couldn't reasonably play a solid neutral game and keep up with someone who jumps like an idiot but gets one lucky hit. I feel like the hitboxes are strong enough that it won't be anywhere near as much of a problem as it was in XIII, but it's still kind of a looming threat in my mind.

Other than that I have pretty much no complaints with the game. Maybe I will find other stuff to complain about once I have had some serious time with the game to know more of the fine details, but from what I know right now I don't really see anything seriously wrong with the game.

I can see why GG is considered a better game.

CvS2 O'clock already?

That mad jealousy coming from PR_Balrog.

how do you even learn matchups in this crazy game?

Our boy jiyuna likes BB more

playing dead games is the best

you don't even need to be good at them. just memorize tiers and tech and you're an /fgg/ approved authority on that dead game.

what are you waiting for now?

from what players have said and from what i've seen normals and specials are pretty strong forcing you to play neutral before doing max mode combos.

I dont care about playing the same 10 people over and over, why would I ever want to be /fgg/ authority approved for something like that

Why don't you play a real fighting game instead of some random damage/stun bullshit with a bunch of 7-3 and 8-2 MUs?

When's Naoto

Like I said hitboxes are strong so the game is not going to be like XIII. That's not my fear at all, it is simply factoring the risk/reward of damage values. If you anti air me 8 times in a row but I land a jump in on the 9th, I can do more damage to you in that one exchange than you did in 8. That is my fear. Both normals and special moves are retaining XIII damage values or very similar approximations and I am not a fan of that because damage in XIII was designed around HD mode and doing 15 second long loop juggles. That's not the priority of this game so I would like to see some adjustment in that regard.

i play lots of games but i don't play bad games that i don't enjoy cause that's silly

enjoy not having fun

high damage on normals is not a modern fighting game convention.

>go on the discord
>literally the same 5-10 people talking
>everyone else has long since gone perms-afk
lul

Is there a Guilty Gear discord? Someone please post a link. The /fgg/ discord is dead as fuck

What's wrong with playing the same 10 people?

>He has left for greener pastures
no he hasn't you stupid dickrider

he still updates SG with bugfixes and goes to tournaments
he's making Super Skullgirls with that platformer fight money
mark my words

So it's gonna be super kusoj??

Here's how you fix a lot of issues with SFV with a few easy fixes

>fix 8 frame
>increase walk speeds to be slightly under Necalli/Chun/Guile run speed for everyone except grapplers, who should be around Alex's speed, maybe a little faster

Ken and Nash should stay as is, Ken because he has a run and should be different from Ryu, and Nash because he's supposed to be the opposite of guile design wise

>dramatically increase anti air damage or allow combos from anti airs
>remove counter hit off of backdash

These are all pretty easy and simple changes that don't really require any major code edits so I could see them doing something similar to this

maybe he'll make a street fighter clone instead for you faggots
Bonerbros

Mike Z is a faggot sjw apologist

also dont forget that he support ponyfags.

So what. Half of the things XIV is doing is not modern fighting game convention. It's fucking batshit whacky that they are demonstrating the game in trailers and team videos with 75% damage combos that are super not optimal at all and I have no doubt that there will be 100% combos. Good strong long range normals also isn't modern fighting game convention, same with good fireballs, zoning makes scrubs mad and you can't make scrubs mad in a modern fighting game so make all of that stuff garbage and inconsequential so all fights are played out at the same range in each other's face because HYPE.

KoFXIV in many ways is very obviously and blatantly marketed as trying to be like classic KoF, trying to go back to the series' roots and do the things that made people love it way back when. Part of what made classic KoF as good as it was were the raw strength in both damage and hitbox of normals. We're talking about games where counter hit pokes did just as much damage as BnB's did. Trying to make classic KoF with low damage normals is like trying to make mac n cheese with sliced cheese and a hair dryer. It works, but it'll never be the same.

Ken needs the biggest nerd out of everyone
He's the embodiment of zero skill

>Creator of skullgirls
>a faggot sjw apologist
how can people be so retarded
just think about it for one minute
"is skullgirls for faggots and sjws?"

That's a female power fantasy

>Guilty Gear discord
here you go discordapp.com/invite/0XHAUY5AppJbbqG1

knock yourself out

P.S there are more people playing SFV in the GG discord than there are playing GG

ah, sorry my point was that a lot of people wouldn't respond positively to high damage on normals unless they're playing an old game.

Speaking from experience

Maybe they should be.
When it comes to the topic of Making Fighting Games Easier For New People To Pick Up making games so that people are not forced to lean combos into supers for any damage would be nice.

Oh, right. That makes sense.

I meant movement, not talking about power

You make some good points. But they're saying the game is complete, but I hope they've either modified the damage on supers or increased the damage on normals in the final build.

Eh, devs are making fighting games for people who whine on eventhubs and whine about stupid shit, not actual newcomers.

Why do anime players whine so fucking much about their games being dead but then turn around and barely even play their own game?

I don't think it would get that negative of a reaction honestly. I mean unless you're talking about people who are well versed in fighters, how many people even bother to notice how much damage attacks actually do? If anything, I feel like making the normals do more damage would make the casual audience enjoy the game more since it would make rounds happen at a faster pace in matches where people are just pushing buttons and only getting stray hits as opposed to a more experienced match where conversions are happening. Like this seems like one of those decisions that a committee just made on behalf of everyone randomly one day, that people don't like high damage normals. It's like when the video game industry just decided one day that nobody cared about horror games and there were no substantial horror games made for like a decade until indie games like Amnesia started popping up and now the entire genre is back like it never left. When I hear people complain about problems in a game it is very rarely that the damage is too high. In Marvel they complain about that because literally every combo is a touch of death in that game, but for everything else the most common complaints are usually that games are too low damage.

Either way it's one of those things that I don't think would have any serious impact in the game except for a higher level competitive scenario where the opposite becomes a problem or could potentially become a problem. It's a change that only the dedicated competitive community would ever notice and for those people it would be very beneficial.

>But they're saying the game is complete
Yeah I know. I don't expect it for the launch, but patches and updates could always happen.

REMINDER

REMINDER

RIOT GAMES IS CURRENTLY WORKING ON A STREET FIGHTER CLONE WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE USING THE LEAGUE OF LEGENDS IP

THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THEY HAVE HIRED FOR THIS PROJECT

REMEMBER THEIR NAMES BECAUSE IN ABOUT A YEAR THEY WILL BE HAILED AS THIS GENERATIONS FIGHTING GAME SAVIORS

twitter.com/pattheflip
twitter.com/verytragic
twitter.com/RiotDeacon
twitter.com/Pond3r
twitter.com/ProtomCannon
twitter.com/sethkillian

Because they're not fun

>Riot Games
>League of Legends characters
Already confirmed shit

>implying it will be a sf clone

>discord of any kind
>playing fighting games

the closest thing to that is the dreamcancel discord playing kof

notice that there are no fighting game memes or one liners anywhere on discord itself

people talk on it and play games constantly

what?

oh let me guess

you only play sf5 lmao

It's either gonna be a smash clone, an arena fighter or something new of the sort. There's no way they're gonna make a traditional fighting game.

SMASH CLONE? NO
ARENA FIGHTER? MAYBE
SOMETHING NEW? HELL NO RIOT IS NOT ORIGINAL IN TERMS OF GENRES

Kum confirmed shit tier?

twitter.com/shadowxnobody/status/745384074345209856

ALSO RIOT GAMES IS NOW 100% OWNED BY TENCENT WHICH WAS WORKING ON AN F2P 2D FIGHTER THEY SCRAPPED

they are not crazy enough to waste money on a sf clone, Seth would not allow it

any games similar to Street Fighter Third Strike?

idk what an arena fighter is.
i hope its a traditional 2d/3d fighter desu

Yatagarasu

thanks will check it out

did you not see the $7,000?

I hope that it will be anime actually, at least it will be a somewhat fun kusoge

that really only matters for people who are already top players. i mean maybe an underdog will win but it's unlikely and if the person doesn't liek the game and don't have a very good chance to win i don't get it. if someone enjoys the game then sure that makes sense, i just always see complaints

well that's Phenom's reason for playing yet complaining. Can't speak for anyone else