Total War General /twg/

over the memes edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8BcSGYfv9c
youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS5dGSDOc
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707514055&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700177199&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690400085&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

I have seen the end of threads and posts from now shitposters will say...

Here began the fall of /twg/

I was expecting CA to be maximum jew and have a truckload of DLC ready shortly after release but the one time they don't is also the one time where any content would be appreciated

Shut up Atilla, you're dead

>charlemagne was really fucking good
Yes

"Europe was broken
Led astray by false prophets, and torn apart by the petty whims of it's myriad kings.

The people were trapped under the yoke of war injustice and ignorance

But you deposed these tyrants.
With the might of your arms, you tore down thier thrones, and elevated true religion justice and peace in their place.

Now, with one voice, your people hail you, as the first of Europes true Caliphs"

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8BcSGYfv9c

DID I HEAR CALIPH

Friendly reminder that the correct army composition for roman armies is 5 hastati, 5 principes, 3 triarii, 2 velites, and the remaining slots a mix of your choosing, either cavalry/missile/artillery support or socii troops.

The power of the updates was hidden from the many and given to the few. Those who held the golden news grew smug with every kind of bullying.

They were filled with Twitch, Arena and Kingdom. They distracted and delayed. They teased their content and laughed at those who datamined. They did all this and said announcements were Soon™.

And I saw in his hand a game with three releases, the first of which was NoContent.

And behold a pre-order, and he that bought it had DLC and he went forth to bait. The air was filled with despair and shitposting.

I like the chaos army with its focus on elite troops but I'm not a big fan of the horde playstyle.

so is the entire warham fantasy universe

dumb frogposter

hello

What other combat mods?
There's one by KAM who's responsible for DeI's combat and the others are by nobodies

dose anyone use pikes in the warhammer universe

Warhammer's utterly retarded lore demonstrates the kind of manchild audience it caters to. Weak-minded, frail, probably fat and scared of reality. Truly the present belongs to the pleb.

Nuln pikemen?
Estalia?

>faggot has a full stack of samurai
>send 3 ninjas to do nothing but sabotage/assassinate
>he's stuck there for 12 turns while regathering troops

Money well spent, samurai cuck.

The AI just really likes to get creative with their recruiting, I wonder how hard it is for CA to make it so the AI will use more of their options.
It can't be THAT difficult to have them recruit more than two types of units.

>tfw waiting for Battlefield 1

>murdered the Takeda so hard that you pushed them from the mountains of Kai into Chukoku
>when you start in a province west of them
Well done lad.

Any mods that give human pilots to gyrocopters?

Any mods that give gunner or siege or halberd animations to orc models?

Is it possible to add a new race entirely to the game? Say, another random Orc faction you put in the campaign map as a horde?

not this time shithead

t. Radious

Rollan!

>146275661
>Look mom i said it again

Shitious doesn't do any of those things, as far as I know.

no

Anyone tried this mod yet?

"Cataph_The Southern Realms (TEB)"

It adds the southern realms as fleshed out new factions, with new tech trees and units.

>Any mods that give human pilots to gyrocopters?
Fuck off Radious
>Any mods that give gunner or siege or halberd animations to orc models?
Fuck off radious
>Is it possible to add a new race entirely to the game? Say, another random Orc faction you put in the campaign map as a horde?
There already is an Orc horde faction in the game, there are two mods for it on the workshop
Get skull takerz improved faction and faction unlocker orcs. You may not need faction unlocker orcs, so just read the descriptions.

Could also be that faction's doomstack. Much like how Oda tends to get doomstacks filled with the exact same composition of units.

I circled up around him, took Echigo from Uesugi and then basically just let him expand west so that his armies would be too far west to be able to come back in time. Incited a revolt in Echizen so that he couldn't march back without being forced to walk through my land. (We weren't enemies at the time, that is.)

Realm divide hit, and I swallowed his lands. Dealt with Date, took over Kyoto and held everyone off, and won. I was surprised at how easy it is to win as Oda, I had only won previously as Date.

>Beastmen still not added
GET TO FUCKING WORK CA SHITS!!
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What are beastmen?

half man half beast

>le Shitious meme
Radious is garbage, but my Human Celestial Wizard needs a gyrocopter for his flying mount.

So, is there any mods that give human pilots to gyrocopters?

Are there any mods that give halberd and/or gun animations to Orcs so that Black Orc Shootaz and Stikkas can be possible.

>There already is an Orc horde faction in the game, there are two mods for it on the workshop
That's not what I asked. I wanted to know if its possible to add an entirely new faction to the game.

Scatological rapists with goat legs.

>Another day without stuff

So in my next playthrough, I'm thinking of doing a remove-nonhumans run which doesn't end until every human city is conquered, and every Dwarven and Norse city razed.

Problem is, Dwarves tend to snowball, and with AI money, will always have more units, so I'll need to send an elite team as one group in to purge them.

Thinking five stacks will be enough.

I'm thinking like this

9 Steam tanks to serve as frontline
Karl/General on Deathclaw/Griffon
2 Helstorms
2 Mortars
4 Demigryphs
2 Musketmen

I can maybe swap out some steamtanks for Greatswords.

Why not just 19 steam tanks?

Coprophilic furry rapists.

>expecting anything else from CA
The game is great but post launch pr has been complete shit

islamists

19 demi gryphs with halberds much more viable
that way auto resolve won't bug out

And steam sale is tomorrow so they won't release dlc until that finishes.

>a fellow understander of tactics

m'lord

CA fucked up
They took too long to pull DLC out
Fuck this shit they are utterly retarded
I want DLC goddamit

I want bretonnia
I want kislev

JESUS FUCK CA WAKE UP AND GIVE ME DLC

Greatswords are really effective against Dwarves, since 90% of their shit is infantry and armoured, both of whom greatswords shit on.

I'd personally keep only one unit of musketmen to deal with Gyrocopters early on.

Steam Tanks annihilate everything, but are really expensive.

For five stacks of nine, you're looking at 90,000+ as the initial cost for hiring, then about 31000 a turn in upkeep. Your whole army will probably cost about 50,000 a turn. That's prohibitive, unless you've got a fully developed economic Empire

Ah, watch it get a patch + free weekend + DLC
Mark my words

Why Halberds?

Dwarves don't have anything Halberds are more effective against, do they? All their shit is Infantry?

>Bretonnia
>Kislev

Both of these factions are shit. I want dogs of war, so that any playthrough can become interesting.

Kinda interested in Border Princes though, Lot of potential there.

In 2017?

In Shogun, is it better to use blacksmith for defense or offense?

Because I've seen a full dwarven empire run ten full stacks. 200 units.

One stack of steam tanks isn't going to stop that, And I can't afford five.

With steam tanks, should you charge them into combat, or try and use their cannons for as long as possible?

Naval battles with shanties when?

Offense, defense is kinda shit in S2.

armour piercing

>that song

It makes me miss just sailing around in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, just to listen to the shanties.
youtube.com/watch?v=gEWS5dGSDOc

Depends, but normally, you should try and cannon for as long as possible. Steam tanks are really fucking fast for what they are, basically keeping pace with most heavy cav. They're really good at taking a shot, then kiting. They also never break, so you can literally have 20 steam tanks running round the map, kiting Dwarves. It's hilarious. It's also incredibly easy to snipe the enemy general.

I took out a 3 stack dwarf army once with a single stack of steamcannons, because I just kept kiting and kiting. Even once you run out of ammo, they're very effective in melee combat, wioth AoE attacks and terror.

>Lock them in combat
>rear charge with general on griffon
>unleash bloodcry
>watch anything with less than 60 leadership run away

Lances and Barding also armor pierce. They also have anti-infantry, which ignores armor.

Considering dwarves are a heavy missile race as well, that 30% missile resistance from a shield is nice.

shits i might need to get rogue for more of this

>goblin big boss has a talent to add +6 AP to its 120+ existing AP damage
is there a more shit waste of a point in a tree?

Most of the cav says anti infantry but dont actually have any anti infantry bonuses. I've read anti large and anti infantry doesnt ignore armor. Your probably right that lances would do better, but halberdiers look cooler imo

dead

what is the best cav for greenskins?

savage orc boar boyz big uns

black boar boyz

Grail boyz

black orc arrer boars

Defense, always defense. Get those gold armor Ashigaru, put them in Yari wall and watch them murder everything.

You can then spend your money on expensive cav and bows if you feel like.

Poor little sillykids.

What the fuck am I meant to do in an "even" fight when my reinforcements spawn on the literal other side of the map and his spawn pincering me? I can wipe out the reinforcements on entry but then I'm stuck with a full army in the middle finishing me off and my reinforcements still being half the map away.

do the classic ramsay teleport maneuver

>"The caliphate in the east is getting uppity and threatening you. They demand a tribute."
>Tell them to fuck off
>"They fuck off and never come back."
I liked playing Cordoba, but that was weird.

Orcs shouldnt be able to ambush desu desu

>dirty Date fuckers climbing the walls, trying to breach

You are dirty with mud on your knees and palms. Go back to your mountains, you apes. These are Oda lands.

That's because these two Orcs didn't have enough brutal cunning.

>desu desu
Suiseiseki?

Another vote for defence here. Warrior monks in armour are an absolute war crime.

How can I actually get into fights with decent armies in Rome? It just levy shit wherever I go.

play dei

It worked!

It depends on your army comp I suppose. I like to slap attack when playing Shimazu to make my katana sam even more killy, but and make good points, since that armour will help you out against the shit tons of arrows being thrown at you.

especially is good advice.

Does anyone else here adore playing with Dwarfs cause of the fireworks?

Ironbreakers and Irondrakes + Artillery makes the battle so satisfying.

Empire is better for fireworks.

Mass Helstorm is great. Once they hit silver experience, somewhat accurate too. Not that effective though, at least not without a solid infantry line.

Oh I love that as well, but I had a Giant slam into my Ironbreakers and the fucker was on fire in seconds. I really love he small fuckers even tho no grudges long campaign is a drain.

I just finished the Chaos Warriors long campaign with all tribes awakened the other day. Felt so empty on the inside so I switched Dwarfs again. They are so fun to play with.

>turn 89
>play dwarfs
>rounding up the Greenskins
>suddenly Chaos sacks my northern settlements
>Chaos bypassed humans, VC and Southern Princes just to come and sack me

The fuck?

chaos always goes for the player

I've finished all of the long campaigns.

Bretannia when?
High, Dark, Wood Elves when?

Opening up all human fractions for the player when?

>That's not what I asked. I wanted to know if its possible to add an entirely new faction to the game.
some what. their's already a mod out that added tomb kings but it's based off the VC module. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707514055&searchtext=

The real question is why you'd bother wasting an army slot on a big boss in the first place.

I see.
Still, a bit silly since even Kislev has still most of its holds.

>the others are by nobodies
so? you can at least try them before writing them off.

Largely because Kislev doesn't slouch on buying walls. Chaos will sniff out lightly garrisoned settlements.

here are some that aren't DeI or Radious
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700177199&searchtext=

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690400085&searchtext=

>insulting a big boss
WORDS THAT KILL

After turn 50 you do not have an excuse for allowing the varg to continue to have settlements

you forgot the smug anime picture

I'll do you one better

>play VH VC campaign
>go through stirland and wissenland, battle some with empire, make them sign a peace treaty after wrecking most of their shit
>go fuck up some bretonnian peasants for killing off mousillion
>build walls literally everywhere
>chaos actually goes and burns down all the northern factions first
>sit back in my undead bretonnia and watch Empire get demolished
>go in when they're on their last legs, capture the last few imperial cities and mop up remains of chaos hordes
a good day to be dead

On Legendary as Empire I had some real issues with both the Norse going after me, Vampires at Nuln, Bretannia raiding in fucking Ostermark being a cunt.

It really depends on the game, sometimes it goes your way, sometimes you get shafted from every side. I honestly like the pressure of it, especially with Empire and Dwarfs since being hard pressed is integral part of the feel for both fractions.

Then you get good units and kill all slowly, while some ask for peace, trade, alliance and eventually confed