>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/87FjnR7M

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pulls?q=is:pr is:open label:"Machine Cult"
youtu.be/bUFWXpYJKaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why isn't the OP image on the wiki?

Are time release pills even a Veeky Forums feature?

third for what do we talk about?

Why does nobody change it so iron isn't mercury?

Yeah, Colonial Marines has it.

Oh jesus christ my sides, I just noticed that.

put a coin in the nanomed

Soloing a queen on CM with nothing but earmuffs, a charged AP pulse rifle and your combat knife

and then getting bannu'd because marines are meant to lose

Because it's a cheat sheet, Illigal stuff m8.

No, I had a cqc fight with a shitter edgelord marine that ended in him dying and someone spraying me down for being too robust, and neither of us got banned.
But then again the admins were too busy spawning in predators to play as and hovering """""harmlessly""""" near the marines until shot at, then they'd kill like 6 marines.
They also mis informed the marines of the number of xenos left, forcing them to do a charge and get swarmed by a gorillion xenos

There's a clear alien bias, but you can overcome it through sheer robustitude. Your goal at a very minimum is to take down 8 xenos before you kick the bucket

what the fuck

Good enough?

What ever happened to that goliath boss monster someone was working on?

>alien update happens with those shitty new sprites and upgrade system
>aliens win all the time now
>Apophis: "marines are meant to lose its more fun for everyone :)"
>ghostchat always split between brownosers and salty marines calling the bullshit out

They didn't finish it. Just like how none of our coders finished clock cult.

No idea. Probably just died out when he coder who was doing it lost interest.

So where's the part where you realize how shitty Veeky Forums has been?

jesus christ how pathetic must be your real life if you play security on on daily basis

last couple days

Let's be real, clock cult was always a sprite hype project with no code behind it. Nobody should have ever believed that we were going to get a mode that solved all our "boredom" problems.

It's more fun to fight a hard earned victory than a cakewalk
And those sweet, sweet moments where you lead a charge into the hive feels like the final levels in the contra games because most people go down in one hit

What? It's always shitty. It's just a flavor of shitty we prefer over the others.

TG managed to finish it.

Really? I thought clock cult was an original creation from Veeky Forums. Welp.

github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pulls?q=is:pr is:open label:"Machine Cult"
wooo nelly

and its more or less reskin cult but now you can cult cyborgs to help you shit on people.

It was but none of the coders finished even half of the planned features in a span of a year and a half. Guy from TG gives it a try and he pulls off a playable product in a few months.

It WAS an original creation from Veeky Forums.
After our coders lost interest in it, TG's coders picked it up and finished it for their own server.

Heres a quick guide on tips for prepping as xenoarch, I'll do one on good technique for digging smalls later, probably. Pic related is good for hunting larges.
>set job as xenoarcheologist, their jumpsuit resists some artifact waves
>grab a pill bottle from the autolathe on station before someone saddles you with R&D (but you should do it if you're the only scientist anyway, it makes digging better later on)
>PDA light upgrade, as well as a lantern in your pocket, more light keeps you safe
>suit up with the excavation suit, and grab latex gloves for your touch large artifacts
>GPS in your box and suit sensors maxed in case bad things happen
>make a bunch of hyperzine pills to put in your bottle, suit slows you down so this is important to stay mobile, if danger comes to you you're not so sluggish
>unlock your stasis gen, load your toolbelt with digging tool, hand pick, brush set, wrench (on the belt), welder in your bag, core sampler if you're hunting for larges, and scanner of course
>if you're on box/meta, you can use the belts out on maint to the right of the exit onto the roid to quickly enter and exit without probability of ZAS fucking your shit, deff can't into map building as firelocks will lock you out so exit out the back where the solars are
>be friendly and don't sperg out on miners or fellow sci staff, miners are generally pretty friendly and give access to better tools, especially the excavation drill, and keep shit safer with their ability to combat asteroid monsters, giving them weapons (if you can trust them) and pointing out veins of ore is mutually helpful
>caves with the monsters cleared out are easy ways to find artifact sites
>protect the digsite, separate it from the rest of the asteroid by digging a clearance of the normal rock around the site and clear any gibtonite
>keep the gen between you and someone else to shield yourself from sneaky ling stings, they need to deliberately pull it away or try to move around it

We also get no new game modes because
>muh antag datums.

Looks pretty shitty. At least getting cult words doesn't force you to wait for the right random shit to pop up in your inventory and then play a really shitty game of tower defense.

Also, steampunk is a shitty aesthetic and the guy who first suggested this idea here should be shot for their terrible taste.

Well, either bug the coderbus to get their shit together or help them out with it. How hard can it be?

Holy shit that looks like something out of Nuclear Throne
Not that that's a complaint it looks fucking sweet

>some server no one cares about has a couple of poorly planned and coded antag modes
>"WHY WE DUN HAV IT FUK CODER WE SHUD HAV IT"
every time

muh ivory tower meems :^)

But that bars those who want to work on a genuine product. That's not very fair is it?

Notice the complainers never actually want those new modes badly enough to learn how to code. It's their own fault that they don't care enough to get those new modes added.

What's stopping them? A few whiny bitches on Veeky Forums? A complete lack of competence? Being too lazy to do it themselves?

We could have had all those modes by now if people were only willing to work to add them.

The field generator is robust as fuck.
When turned on, anyone caught in the field won't be able to move until the battery runs out or someone shuts it off.

The current hostile coder circlejerk we have because Veeky Forumspride?

As a guy who occasionally plays miner, I hope it never comes to life, I never actually killed one.

>tfw no Vox gf ivory tower cervices to meme with

Tell me about this circlejerk, user.

>Try to fight one because I'm a badman
>Telesci teleport me back then teleport me to medbay
>Medbay staff keep asking how I'm still alive with so little blood
>Stood with an IV drip for 20 minutes while being fed a shitload of dexalin because I have no lungs
Goliaths are rude as fuck

Porting stuff from TG is a genuinely painful process too

Abductors is actually pretty good code, but porting it is a nightmare because more than 500 errors

Is it even possible to kill one with proto-kinetic gun? Don't you need like 3-4 full battery charges for that?

I heard about a diona punching one to death so I figured my diamond pick would be good enough. It wasn't

If memory serves, exactly two full battery charges if you hit every shot

Even dionae can't punch goliaths to death because punching them deals no damage.
However, a diona can easily kill a goliath with literally anything that does deal damage.

Aren't dionas bullshit when it comes to regen and general resistances to anything but burn, alongside a massive unarmed punch bonus? Wouldn't be surprised if one did kill it, but you going allCQC with a goliath was still fucking stupid by the nature of the act alone. Meleeing a goliath?
Neat, thanks for the info.

Uh, what hostile coder circlejerk? I haven't seen any contribs hostile to new coders, ever.

I'd never fought a goliath before, I only got hit twice though because of my gorilla warfare

>diona xenoarch always comes to science asking to get his broken hand fixed from fighting goliaths
>dies when a basilisk sneezes at him
He's a cool guy.

>Xenoarchs
Cancer incarnate and ultimate shitters.

AI enemies that deal anything other than burn are fully 100% incapable of killing a diona, assuming the diona is carrying a light source. But they take 6.5x burn damage, so one good laser hit can crit them. But yes, they're absurdly strong against asteroid mobs. I routinely pickaxe goliaths to death as a diona and come out unscathed. Once I pickaxed two goliaths and a hivelord to death at the same time, though I didn't exactly come out unscathed.
Dionae do get an unarmed punch bonus, but it's not massive. I don't remember exactly what it is, but it's substantially less than the catbeast punch bonus.

There's no real circlejerk because that would imply the contributors have solidarity. They're all pretty different both in personality and coding opinions and even skillset.

Is there some favoritism among coders with who gets merges sooner? Absolutely. Before his little hissy fit over his Medigun, Deity always got preferential merges. Meanwhile, Dylan always gets super late priority and they openly admitted this in the IRC the other day. Whether or not you think this is a good thing is a matter of perspective.

I'm somewhere in the middle personally. I don't think Comic likes me but all the other Contributors are cool - which is proof enough that they don't have some secret clique and act in unison.

So, you see a fucking aberation that has tentacles up the ass to trip you with, and that is slow as fuck, named goliath, and the first thing that pops to mind is "Yeah, Im fighting this fucking thing"? Balls but no bran makes a dead miner.
What the shit to xenoarch even do other than wank off at the asteroid, weld rocks, using shit equipment and piss off miners?

>by HarseTheef ยป Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:12 pm
>I have reconsidered my position on the matter and believe that this current iteration of the ERP change is fair. This was after careful consideration of your response. While I do not support ERP, I move back to a neutral stance of not caring. I do, however, maintain my opinion on the roleplaying change.

The most prominent members of the anti-ERP party are all defecting...
This is the end, anti-ERP bros...

>Being a pussy bitch

I abandoned it because I had other stuff to do

Might pick it up again later

fist one to death no pick axe yes.

Dionas cant fight a basilisk they do cold/burn damage.

>befriend the xenoarchs
>they bring back cool toys to play with
Just respect their work, and they're the coolest guys on the roid.

>anti-erp bros

Oh shush it with the falseflag you nigger, till the bears stop appearing, till the fags stop becoming valids, and till it is explicitly permitted to be done, you are just talking shit

You know, maybe someday I'll work on making mob "AI" actually work with multitile mobs
Because right now it really doesn't

I like mining around artifact sites, useful mats like uranium usually pop out of them.

>be miner
>find uranium
>take toxin damage from carrying it around
mining suits should have slight radiation resistance

>pokemon

I never got tox damage for running around with uranium in my backpack, wtf?

RIP Polaris

6~ playing out of 21 on -who in polaris
27~ playing out of 52 on -who in bay (add 5-6 more, it's a heist round currently who aren't on manifest)

youtu.be/bUFWXpYJKaI

i could of sworn i did once

Who ever cared about those servers, though?

Sounds like you hit a large artifact. Nice job breaking it, hero

Go b2 bay or polaris, no one cares

>Caring about artifacts

>2016
>Still no self-surgery
>Have to wait until someone new joins to get an implant because everyone pretends they have work to do

Bay is literally polaris with a different name, what's the point?

I was planning on making the megoliath stationary, so there'd be no pathfinding issues or anything like that

>Pomf only gets 100 pomf coins a month
Have you no shame?! You all brag about your girlfriends whom you fuck every night so surely you have jobs as well?
You play on this server every waking moment of your life but do not give a dime to the great one for his patronage?

Daily reminder that pomf needs $130/mo to support the server self-sustainingly

IIRC from the ENDLESS SPOUTING ABOUT IT ON THIS THREAD NO ONE ASKED FOR I gathered that Bay was dying so someone grabbed their open code and made a new server that was Polaris.
It was successful for several months but in a turn of events Bay returned from the dead and people from Polaris are going back to it.

Okay, question since I have not been playing longer than a year.

What's the story with pomf, why is he a chicken, and why does he host the server for autistic atmos simulation 26?

Polaris has a fucking awesome map desu

Playing on polaris makes for an awesome nap

The map is gigantic and the server has 9 people on it max during peak hours

hes the most stable host that took on the mantle of Veeky Forumsstation host after a few years of servers dying
someone raised chickens and named each after an admin
he killed and ate pomf, he was delicious

and now pomf himself is really distant from the community, probably lost interest in SS13, but keeps the server going

That bastard is taking my money and using it to make pies each month.

Actually, there are differences. Polaris is quite the SJW progressive piece of shit while Bay is more tolerantl toward RP.

AFAIR you can't call people niggers, faggots or retards in Polaris while you can in Bay IC.

Great, I'm talking about the map itself, not the shitty server

I PAY POMF $250 IN POMFCOINS A MONTH, HE SHOULD BE HAPPY I HAVE THAT MUCH TO SHARE OF MY NEETBUX

That goes for EVERY server other than ours.

Veeky Forums is exactly the same

the map is too big

that's what I'm saying dummy

even with a bigger playerbase the map is just too huge

There's nothing wrong with treating people differently based on their code ability, but there's not any actual hostility (except maybe towards dylan) towards people who aren't acting like bitches themselves first.

Dylan's code takes longer for a merge because he's got a track record of fucking things up.

Deity never got preferential merges, he's always been begging for merges until his stuff gets merged just to shut him up.

I think it'd be "okay" during some of our peak hours, for a change of pace at least

Not sure about nigger, but I'm a Bay regular and I use both 'faggot' and 'retard' there with no problems.

Nigger's probably fine too.

>IC
Yeah you shouldn't be shitting other people in OOC... Outside of Veeky Forumsstation.

polaris added gender identity as a legitimate mechanic