Rate

How am I doing compared to other people my age Veeky Forums?

The good:
>26 yr
>$17.80/hr , .80 raise every Jan 1st
>Will have 10-13k saved by the end of December
>Started side business, should see profits in 1-2 years

The bad:
>GF and I had to move back home after I lost my last job and she switched jobs, our schedules don't match now, and I only see her 2 days a week
>My job has crazy hours that prevent me from pursuing many other opportunities

How's it look? If you had 10-13k savings how would you choose to grow it?

lottery tickets

Why lottery tickets?

I'd find a job with better work conditions. You're sacrificing a lot for a job that rewards disproportionately less.

It's a joke dumbass.
18 and I make $25.

Fuck you

I'm working on it. It's my biggest complaint, the work/life balance is pretty shitty. In my area it's incredibly hard to come by jobs. It took me almost a year to get into this one, so I hesitate to leave without having something else lined up.

Hey, guys, check out this guy. He's 18 and makes $25. What a big shot!!! When I grow up can I be like you????

More money = more chances to win a lottery?

Growing money is really hard to do. You're probably thinking that you can "invest" your lump sum of cash and see substantial returns in a short amount of time. You want more time in the market. You have to think of the long term. You can either invest in index funds, bonds, or cherry pick blue chip stocks and just sit on it until you're satisfied. Alternatively you can also invest in real estate and try to farm out your house. Rent out all vacant rooms and gouge tenants. Just be careful. Whatever you do with your money, good luck.

13k savings at age 26 doesn't sound that great but it depends on where you're from

Regarding to percentile you're actually doing pretty good - you're in the higher tier.

But compared to Veeky Forums, (if you remove the faggots that come in asking how to make a million in 5 days with $100 in their pocket) you're doing poorly.

How do I grow up to not be like you?

26, making shit all money, sounds fun.

Midwest. Grew up in a single-mom home. Paid my own way through college. Bought my own car with cash. I have zero debt besides revolving credit expenses I pay off every month. Credit score just hit 740.

Grow up privileged and receive help to become a "self made man"

Not bad OP. Wild guess top 25% of anons i know that age.

>be me
>be broke always
>be studying personal finance
>would use money for more study and/or down payment on another rental house
>or possibly go legit with the dickfarm
>then i could write off going to "sausage fest" real life local sausage festival as a business trip???

>profit?

Yeah I mean, I (like everyone else) would love to find a way to grow money quicker. But long-term solutions are OK too. The 10-13k I'll have saved is just by the end of THIS year.

I'm saving $1500+ a month right now living at home since I have no debt. The rest of my paycheck just goes to gas and having fun.

I'll start making $18.60/hr next year and be able to save a little more at a time as well, if I haven't found a new higher paying job or moved out by then. So even if I dump my current 10k into long term savings/bonds/funds/etc I can potentially save 10k again in like 6 mo if my situation hasn't changed.

Good to know. This is kinda what I suspected. All my friends (most are well into their 30's) make about the same or less than I do, but they are straddled with insane amounts of student loan debt, car payments, personal credit debt, house payments, etc. To the point that they either spend more than they make on a regular basis, or they save like $2 a month.

I wasn't raised to treat money that way, so I haven't. I know I'm probably shit-tier compared to Veeky Forums anons but I feel like I have the opportunity to become better and I'd like to learn.

>$17.80/hr
>good

How about you provide some constructive criticism? I'm here to learn user

My advice to you is to become a strategist at Goldman Sachs.

Keep saving your money. Everyone on here pretends like they make $1,000 per hour. If you can save like you're doing, you'll be ok. I am 24 with about $7k saved. Was making $15-20 serving until recently and it was enough to pay all my bills, enjoy my life, and save about $1,000 per month. Meanwhile my friends pay $400 a month to commute to the city and make the same wage as me, or spend all their money on rent because it's cool to live in Brooklyn. Idiots.

Honestly OP the best advice I can give is to stop comparing yourself to everyone else. Are you on course to meet your personal goals? If so, then you're doing well.

Thanks user. I think my personal goals lie less with becoming rich and more with affording a very comfortable lifestyle (maybe like 60-75k a year?) while doing something I love.

I *like* my current job but there are things that I *love* and I know I can and HAVE made a living off them in the past, so my time-constraint with my current work schedule sucks since I can't pursue those things. But I'm going to need a new car soon, and eventually my girl and I are gonna move back out. So I'm also trying to be realistic and also have a nice cushion someplace.

That's good, save yourself a nice cushion. That's what I did recently. I put all of my savings into something and lost it all, then went to work serving 50-60 hr weeks to build some savings up again. Then I quit and have been living off my savings while I work on my next step. Makes it a lot easier when you take away the stress of ebing able to pay rent or eat, and you can focus on your vision. Good luck to you.

Shit wage desu I'm 22 at 21/Jr and hate living such a peasant life

>That disappointed feel when I read and just see people shitting on the man
Why you all hating the man for trying? I fucking lol @ the lot of you for acting superior.

So far it doesn't look that good. You really need a better job although I wouldn't quite as long as you don't have a better opportunity in the line. Would recommend to put about 100-200$ a month if you can manage to do so in an index fund. Wait a few years and then buy some kind of real estate that can provide you with the necessary amount of cash to pay of the interest rates. Continue this kind of thing other the next 30 years and thank me if you retire.

OP.

Please dont bet your future on a stock market...

Study personal finance please.

This.

Get cucked hatters.

Fuckoff back to /pol

Please point me in the right direction of personal finance

Well, i read richdad poordad. Took a local free seminar, got upsold to A $500 introductory class where i was upsold again to much more expensive class.

I been in sales. I know what they shilling bit i believe it to be worthy of my sheckles.

>mfw cannot afford class

They teach us to fix our credit and stop being section8 wannabes.

I typically got to the used book section at hastings.

But they closing. Any book store should have a business and finance section.

Just grab 1 u can afford that looks interesting.

Thats what i do. And i fucking hate reading.

I subscribe to forbes to keep current news and big changes at hand.

I highly suggest u just grab hold of popular books on investing, real estate, and business.

Find something u like and find a way to make it a business.

Know when to give it up and count your losses.

Keep calm and learn from each mistake.

If you are in a populated are they have entrepenuer clubs, meetups and such.

A lot smarter people than me can give u better advice.

Just always be spinning ideas in your head about how to profit off anything around you and within your ethics and u will win.

Gl user!
Oh, ebay and amazon and such sell used books. Shop online if u poor like me.

thats good enough advice for a starting point thanks