Resume Help

I know my resume is shit but I also don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions?

>Any suggestions
Enjoy your unemployment. I don't really enjoy mine.

>lists a bunch of cliche skills
>doesn't list any accomplishments

Slightly different, I need a copy-and-paste Biography I need for press kits. What does Veeky Forums think of my anonymized one:

>user Anonson is a Documentary Filmmaker and Multi-Discipline Artist.
>A Masters graduate from the prestigious RichKidWanker College of Place
>In 2015 he presented his first solo exhibition, the multi screen sculpture piece "excessively long, ironic title of the artwork" a comical self-deconstruction of both portraiture and the creative process.
Anonson is also one half of conceptual music "Band " Name Our Band
>Anonson has given numerous talks and lectures on the nature of storytelling and message making including [list of speeches and talks, names of conferences]

What is missing? I don't have any press clippings... yet. I've worked on maybe two films that got into festivals, I don't even know.

Should I have a spiel along the lines of? (this is NOT what my work is about, at all)
>Anonson's work explores the confluence of space and physical intimacy exploring the tensions and dynamics of how each affects the other in a modern urban context.

Could you give me some examples? I'm really crap at this kinda stuff.

>regal cinemas
>coldstone creamery

u actually put this childish ass shit on a resume?

ur fuckin kiddin me right?

>Could you give me some examples?

Your entire "professional skills" section.

Fluent in English? Do you REALLY need to list that?

Profeifient in MS office? It's the year 2016. Everyone and their fucking cats can use MS office. It's not 1995 anymore user

FFS

lol yeah this guy hit the nail on the fuckin pepe. It's just boring and useless I guess cause that's now the bare minimum. Throw in that you've done some volunteer work in your community or at school (if true)

This is actually fine, OP. I would recommend maybe using fewer words in the middle body sections, and to use more straight-forward language where it matches up with your voice.

ProTip: The resume is much less important than your interview "vibe". If they let you have an interview, it means your resume is fine and they want to see what kind of person you are. And of course you are calm, confident, positive, friendly, and obviously the type of person that is ideal for the position. Good luck.

If he's gunning for a highly competitive job then OP's resume surely needs fine tuning

What else can I put on a resume if those are the only jobs I've had?

he's a fkn uni student you idiot. He doesn't have a full time job, so it would make sense to put down the part-time jobs he has done. Every highschool/uni student does this.

OP, do you even know how to use Microsoft Word? Damn, that resume is ugly
And where the fuck is a photo of yourself on your resume?

Put what your GPA is out of. Those numbers are meaningless to me because I assumed 4.0 then saw you had a 4.53. Is that weighted or unweighted? Also put your SAT score if it isn't trash tier.

This looked retarded until I realized you are a college sophomore, you should've put that in the OP

>Get rid of High School GPA it's good but nobody really cares
>Move the Advanced Scholar diploma down to awards
>Eventually you'll want to create a leadership experience category and then move the California Scholarship Treasurer into that one
>If you add stuff and it runs over a page delete bullet points from your Experience stuff, nobody gives a fuck about those jobs but it's all you have rn so that's fine
>Skills
Make sure you state what your native language is if you're going to bring up a 2nd one
The last three "skills" are bs

Overall looks pretty good but yeah I would definitely add a leadership experience category in there, I put fraternity recruitment chairman and something else in it

>Every highschool/uni student does this.
>intern at impressive sounding firm
>entrepreneurial / investment success experience

you're welcome
now quit being a fuckin child and go pull up a chair big boy table.

Why did you capitalize "Service"?

This guy is right, OP; your resume is pretty ugly. Choose a clean, modern-looking font instead of Times New Roman (it's outdated at this point). You could also make the formatting a bit more complex. Don't go crazy with it, but right now it's pretty barebones. Pic related is a good example of something clean, attractive, and shows that you put more than minimal effort into it.

For the love of god, though, DO NOT include your photo in a resume.

This is also good advice.

Make sure to always tailor your resume according to the position you're applying for, by emphasizing qualities that are specifically relevant to what the employer is looking for, and necessary in order to excel in the position. Avoid being too broad, as it will affect how you are evaluated (this applies for interviews as well).

Ultimately, content is what matters most in a resume, but small improvements like these can put you at an advantage.

Thanks for the advice user

Let's see...
- Kill all bullets, leave the indentation. Whitespace is beautiful.
- Get rid of "Relevant coursework" unless it's genuinely relevant.
- Remove the GPA from your high school. Hell, make high school one line - most employers understandably ignore high school achievements.
- List the awards underneath each school as required, also get rid of the high school awards.
- Revised descriptions for experience:
-- "Worked concessions, back bar, and as an usher. Maintained 25% concessionary goods upsell rate and

>Name and info
>Skills that are beneficial to job you're applying for
>Experience
>Education

Thanks Bateman I enjoy your advice on Veeky Forums too.

What do you consider the best resume font?

Courier New

So for my resume should I include GPA if its like a 2.3 out of 4. I know they assume the worst if you leave it out. But 2.3 is pretty bad

your high school record looks pretty good but its not like there aren't many others with that and more trying to get to the same place. advice: get some actual achievements first before making a resume. also, get help from better and more knowledgeable people than Veeky Forums anons

Not exactly the thread for it but didn't want to start a fresh one - got an offer frm a big 4 for a end of year internship, but asked to change the start date since I'll be overseas for the start time they offered. Did I accidentally fuck myself out of an internship?