/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxbJ7O8iAfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for best girl

3rd for shhh

I prefer her when her insides are on the outside.

Well she's a Cain but it's implied Vilebloods became such as a result of an outside force rather than inherently.

MASTER LOOK, I'VE DONE IT! I'VE DONE IT!

I'VE GROUNDED, AND POUNDED, AND SMASHED THIS ROTTEN SIREN INTO A FLESHY PINK PULP!

THERE, YOU FILTHY MONSTROSITY! WHAT GOOD'S YOUR """IMMORTALITY""" NOW??? TRY STIRRING UP TROUBLE IN THIS SORRY STATE! WITH EVERY INSIDE ON THE OUTSIDE, FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE!!!

W A K E U P DOLL
THREE POINTS IN SKILL PLEASE

>leveling skl
lol what a weenie!

>time to level up
>doll is sleeping
>perfect
>prime stake
>charge R2

WHERE'S YOUR SHITTY SPEECH NOW BITCH

user, I think it's safe to say that she's got tons of vile blood in her, given her outrageous BLT despite her never actively training it

Holy shit. I just met one of those short fuckers that shoot fireballs that one-shot you, except this one was shooting magic. Never seen that before in all of my hours of spelunking.

It's quicker just to hit here with your weapon. You can still level up with her when she is crumpled on the ground, and you don't have to deal with her dialog.

>Vilebloods became such as a result of an outside force rather than inherently
Only if you believe Alfred's story. Vilebloods are Vilebloods because they're descendants of Queen Yharnam.

Yeah, some of them will do that. Have fun dealing with 3 of them in a single room.

>only if you believe Alfred's story
there is literally 0 reason not to

Apart from him being a religious zealot lunatic

>ending the .webm just as you get smacked in the face
cmon faget

>they're descendants of Queen Yharnam.

There is no evidence of this anywhere in the game. Give a citation for kosm's sake.

Except for the fact that he's biased and his version of the story is completely one sided.

>if bbg sees me die they'll stop thinking I'm cool

Luci is basically Cartman in that episode where Wendy beats his ass.

You're not supposed to mimic the getting smacked in the face part, son.

>implying that his zealotry means that he's lying
he has absolutely no reason to lie about this

"they got their heretical blood from a heretical scholar"

vs

"an outpost of demons who defile the world with their filthy, vile blood"

are both equally bad, and thus he has no reason to favor one over the other. I'm sorry that you made a headcanon that's in direct contradiction to the facts as stated in-game, but it was your choice not mine. I look forward to you ignoring all of this in your next post to call me stupid

>Vilebloods resurrect as undead and ghosts
>Pthumerians resurrect as undead and ghosts
>Vilebloods are ruled by a single queen
>Pthumerians are ruled by a single queen
>Vilebloods have bloodtinge powers
>Pthumerians have bloodtinge powers
>The Vileblood queen seeks a child of blood
>the Pthumerian queen seeks a child of blood
>The Vileblood queen is the only person who recognizes the ring of bethorial
>Pthumerians made the ring of bethorial
>Vilebloods are called Vilebloods
>Queen Yharnam's theme is called "Queen of Vilebloods"
No evidence in the game.

Annalise and the Vilebloods aren't descended from Yharnam, but they wretched blood they were supplied with by the rogue scholar likely was from Yharnam herself, and it no doubt had a lasting effect on the whole castle's lineage

>Luci is basically Cartman in that episode where Wendy beats his ass.

Yea there were 2 or 3 fire ones and one magic one. The magic one didn't 0HKO me though.

>doing CDs
>enter dungeon
>see red spiders everywhere
>"fuck"
>run past them and try to isolate the bell ringer
>MORE SPIDERS SHOW UP
>THERE'S TWO (2) BELL RINGERS
>AND AT LEAST 20 SPIDERS
>AND A WEREWOLF
W H Y
H
Y

W H Y
H
Y

I bet the got it from QUEEN KILLER, that guy made it all the way to Yharnam herself back in his own world

Post hoontahs.

>name .webm "how to whatever"
>include things that you're NOT supposed to do
And don't even get me started on that fucking amygdala one, that shit only works with the bloodletter and is risky as fuck because it's not guaranteed that amy won't land on you

Neat screenshot

it's that one room in the 2nd layer of lower loran isn't it? that room has nothing of value in it and is not even needed for the lever

AWAY/ten

Are you retarded? That Amy one works with every weapon.

Except for short weapons like Tonitrus and Reiter

the one with the vertical pokes? i honestly doubt that

youtube.com/watch?v=gxbJ7O8iAfI

posting best boss theme

>Walk out into big main hall in a Loran FRC
>See a few werewolves patrolling
>Red spiders start streaming out from the end of the hall
>Sprint towards their source
>Suddenly framerate drops to a crawl as Mad Ones start spawning in
>See witch that's spawning them over in a corner, bumrush her
>As I approach, framerate drops to a crawl yet again ad three more Mad Ones start spawning in
>two Werewolves chasing me
>red spiders everywhere
>I don't even know where the 2nd Witch of Hemwick is

That's a nice screenshot

coming

Phase 1 is a 11/10, phase 2 sucks.

Lvl 47 need help on Rom. Pass is bbghelp outside doors by old hunter summon

>doing loran FRCs
you brought this on yourself

b-but 22.5/33.8...

wat

You can use basic R1s if charged attacks won't work. I've done it with the Bloodletter, Axe, LHB, Rakuyo, Pizza Cutter one-handed, etc.

>he didn't like the spoopy 50's era scifi inspired theme
you must have at least 1 insight before posting in these threads

Abhorrent Beast drops bolt gems that give +22.5% and +33.8 flat. They're pretty much the best elemental gems for Arcane PvP builds.

ah right, good luck with that hahahahahaha~

best set yamamura set

Damn, she never even got a chance to teleport.

Thanks my dude

quality use of WHEEL

How should I optimally split stats for Stake Driver? 50/25 str/skl? 50 str with heavy abyssals?

50/25 with 1 heavy and 2 27s

Is there anywhere I can read about the mess that they call lore in this game?

They're also extremely similar in appearance

Take a look at Annalise, Maria, the Vileblood ghosts and the portraits of the Cainhurst nobles. Notice they've got inhumanly long necks and/or pale complexions just like Yharnam.

If the Cains are already Pthumerians, then what was this "forbidden blood" that made the Church want to Purge them?

Why did the Mensis feel the need to build statues of people melting into walls all over the Advent Plaza? What's the point? Is this another one of those DUDE BIRD-DOGS LMAO plans that Micolash came up with?

No

Cainhurst nobles likely were descended from Pthumerians, I would wager most yharnamites are, because of geography

Long ago, the Vilebloods were given a sample of Yharnam's blood by a rogue scholar. This began to warp their general appearance into what they were up until the Executioners cut them all down/forced them to commit suicide

Alfred's explanation implies the Vilebloods were something else (I.e, normal) before receiving the scholar's blood

I... don't think those are statues.

Those are not statues.

>charging steak
>aiming at amelia's anus
>she dodges backwards as it triggers
>stake plunges straight into her face

feels good man

Bullshit, you can't turn people to stone

Alfred is not a reliable source, and their appearance was never mentioned.

They're not made of stone, they're mummified.
As you can see from the official art they wear real clothes.
You urgently need to pop a madman's knowledge or two.

Why didn't Logarius squish Annalise like Alfred did? Surely he knew that sealing her away was bound to fail eventually

Why isn't he reliable?

A bunch of Pthuweeb nobles drinking Yharnam's blood and corrupting their appearance and bloodline because of their hard on for ancient tradition makes more sense than some Pthumerians chilling in a castle pretending to be normal people.

The only living Pthumerians we see are crazy mad old women or the silent keepers in the tombs

>Alfred is not a reliable source
Wrong

>Alfred is not a reliable source

All of his historical knowledge of the Healing Church and Byrgenwerth is accurate. There is no reason to believe his knowledge of Cainhurst is not the same.

The entire list of similarities between Cains and Pthumerians is a result of them imbibing in Queen Yharnam's blood.

Because as Alfted demonstrated, it was a waste of time.

A completely one sided religious zealot that absolutely hates the people he's talking about will obviously not tell you the objective truth.
Vilebloods would most likely tell you a different story.

Sealing her away actually worked until the Player killed him. Trying to kill her just doesn't work at all. She is literally immortal.

>is a result of them imbibing in Queen Yharnam's blood
Common Yharnamites did it too, but they don't become ghosts and ghouls after death.

>Vilebloods would most likely tell you a different story.
Yet they don't.

>tfw vileblood cucks trying to spread misinformation
>it's enough to make a man sick

No they didn't. They are drinking something else.

Sorry I don't do roleplay.

What exactly?

Google The Paleblood Hunt, it's a decent starting point. Just know that most of the lore is left intentionally vague and up to interpretation.

They're capable of bearing Great Ones. Healing Church doesn't want other groups kicking around able to make contact, so they purge them. But just saying "we don't like their bloodline so we'll kill them all" is a bit extreme even for them, so they make up the bad blood story to legitimize the Executioners. It's just too convenient to be true.

That's my interpretation anyway. It's more interesting than taking Alfred's story at face value. Especially considering he puts a cone on his head and grinds a woman into paste with a fucking wagon wheel. The dude is obviously a bit mental.

>Especially considering he puts a cone on his head and grinds a woman into paste with a fucking wagon wheel.

I fail to see the issue here.

>Google The Paleblood Hunt

Blood ministration involves Ebrietas' blood, probably.

Though it's never explicitly stated, the 'good blood' could be all sorts of things. Perhaps some of it is being milked from ebrietas, or from the kin being grown in the lumenflower gardens.

Without a doubt, some of it comes from church approved blood saints, like Adella, who are used to cultivate the 'good blood' the church had access to. The actual source of this, beyond it coming from the chalice dungeons, I dunno

There are multiple kinds of blood, the forbidden kind, like that given to Annalise and the Vilebloods, and that which Arianna has, are just two of many flavours

>Healing Church doesn't want other groups kicking around able to make contact

They know that Byrgenwerth is still researching, at least until the point where Byrgenwerth gets rekt, and they continue to hold Willem in the highest respects. Mensis also seems to drift away from the rest of the Church but they never got purged until they did it to themselves.

The Church is still a research institution, and a morally flexible one at that, so if the Cains were capable of bearing Great Ones I'm sure the Church would've wanted to be all over that instead of just grinding them all up and wasting such great potential.

>Mensis also seems to drift away from the rest of the Church but they never got purged
The Choir is spying on Mensis, Mensis is killing members of the Choir.

That's just espionage, which makes far more sense than just going full-on genocide.

The Church wants to recover whatever knowledge they can from Mensis at that point, not just destroy it all like they did to the Vilebloods.

Christ /bbg/ always has the most ugly fucking characters in the universe.

Especially every single character with Logarius' wheel. They always look so fucking disgusting.

Somebody save us from these dogshit looking characters

There are corpses wearing Choir set in the Yahar'gul prison.
The Church, or what's left of it, is clearly against Mensis.