/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Religion edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15.

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-mods
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349080.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8&ab_channel=TaleWorldsEntertainment
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1rst for dany is a shit character

2nd for Bannerlord never

2nd for dany is ok

Warwolf is the ultimate mod

Speaking of which, that guy who was renaming the Chinese religion - what did you go with?

Nth for finding gems in guess that ui threads

nth for dany would be infinitely better if her actress wasn't so bad at it

>having arrows on
t. shitter

You could check the github and find out :D
Shendao, the Chinese spelling of Shinto. Couldn't particularly find a good version, honestly think most of the religions wouldn't have an opinion hit - why would Germanic paganism (which I folded norse paganism into) be angry about Slavic or Hellenic paganism?

>if the actress was different she wouldn't just walk around saying "oops I fucked up, dragons solve this thanks btw did I mention I'm a Targaryen??"

she's ok at it
good at delivering words
not good at being idle in a scene

I fucked up the crop.
Because I can't be bothered.
Because I can't be bothered to remove it.
It's a voxel editor, MagicaVoxel.

but she beat the khals without dragons

Ain't Dany literally 14 or some shit
She's slightly more bratty than usual but if you gave a barely-pubescent girl the exclusive power to end nations and made her the biggest slut in the setting I wouldn't expect her to be a good, mature, or independent person.
Just think of her as an incredibly hateable character designed to be hateable but still nearly unstoppable because of how powerful she is

t. Fedor
Finish Warwolf you shitter

hurdur heres my plot device hahaha

to be honest this fucking chick just stumbled on literally everything she needed after her brother sold her and got promptly cucked.

>sold her
But it was a political marriage, of sorts
Her brother was just too insanely retarded to actually make it work and got silver or some shit poured down his throat

I'm not the warwolf guy, but I'll see what I can do.

This is exactly the issue. Honestly if the camera didn't switch to her while she's doing absolutely nothing, it wouldn't be nearly as pronounced.

Remember that prior to GoT, her 2nd tv appearance was a B-movie on syfy.

gold, his death was similar to crassus (except crassus got it poured down his throat)

I'VE WALKED THROUGH THREE TOO MANY SPIDER WEBS IN MY LIFETIME

gtfo /got/

>when you forget one letter and it fucks up the post
>now I'm the fag.jpg

Never understood why. Like, shit nigger you can be honorable but also cunning and manipulative enough to not come off as a complete idiot

That's just how he is. I'll spoiler this in case you haven't had the books, but remember that, during that same arc he had decided to save those wildlings beyond The Wall, he only mentioned the fact they could become Whitewalkers once, and would constantly think and talk instead about the ill, the old, the women and babies that should be rescued. Also, when his cousin, that Karstark girl, rode all the way to the Wall to ask for his help against some guy who just wanted the lands she had after her name, and not only he went against his code to help her but he also intervened on political schemes, since he married her with some wildling. Also, all that Pink Letter shit

Her character would be much more bearable, honestly.

I'm going to rape windows and there's nothing you can do about this

upgraded refuges are pretty comfy

man i cant wait for the steam sale and for the semester to end so i can go all neet on this shit for a month.

Yeah except Crassus at least died in a shitty battle
Danymolester died after throwing a tantrum and trusting fucking horseniggers

Now if only they didn't decide to use a completely different skeleton
Actually that makes me think
Does the decompiler work on Viking Conquest? We might be able to figure out the refuge code and slam it into whereever

I don't think it would work, but the dev team already said they're going to release the source with the final version.

Oh is it still getting patched?

Yeah, no new content is being added but they still put out bugfixes when they can actually be bothered to fix stuff.

Fucking A
So I suppose they'll release source when Bonerlord is done or some shit then

Is there any way to get slav faces to work with WFaS?

>So I suppose they'll release source when Bonerlord is done or some shit then
pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-mods
I thought they would, but maybe not.
VC isn't made by Taleworlds though, it was made by the same guys who made Brytenwalda.

I'll check out the first few eps user

slav faces?

No I meant VC would release source only when Bonerlord is out and nobody cares about them anymore
>they won't release source
Honestly I can't blame them, I was incredibly impressed when they said they would
Forget pirating the source is freely available on github just download and compile

>pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-mods
>I thought they would, but maybe not.
Nevermind I should have read the whole article first.
>Update June 17, 2016: Taleworlds have been in touch to add a clarification, saying they will make the code accessible to modders after the engine is complete.
This is good.

That's the only name I have for it. This.

Yeah at this rate we'll probably get early access Bannerlord before they finish the last VC patches

Looks like LoliMod.

He's talking about the men isn't he
>138 arrows
Finally a realistic arrow count to carry into battle, sick and tired of only have 30

i hope you're being sarcastic because that's not a realistic amount of arrows at all

I'm not much into archery but wouldn't a quiver hold closer to a dozen? Maybe 2 dozen?

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,349080.0.html
this one?

iirc it was normal for men to bring around 24 arrows to battle
things like arrows and bolts were also kept in armories but they'd use wooden flights since feathers would deteriorate quickly

It's better than having 30, as I recall longbowmen carried around 60 with them into battle, although they were supplied in sheaves of 24.

I don't care about it being realistic, only having like 60 max is really annoying. Talking about the woman's face btw

fuck balance right

fuck gameplay and enjoying my time right

maybe if you could aim you wouldn't need to double your ammo count

If you're talking about balance, having unlimited arrows isn't unbalanced at all except in the case of horse archers and even then only because foot archers are incompetent at hitting skirmishing targets due to the way their aiming UI works
Foot archers hardly ever exhaust their ammunition before they're closed by infantry, and if they're in a relatively safe position on the flanks or whatever there's no reason they can't simply get more ammo run to them instead of the starting batch they're given.
In siege defense you should just have infinite arrows period, I've never heard of the archers on the wall running out of arrows during a castle assault there's thousands just sitting in the defense towers so they DON'T run out

>kill 24 people with arrows
>oh noes even though the supply cart is RIGHT THERE and I'll immediately get another 24 arrows after battle (or even this round of battle) I need to charge in with my shitty dagger instead of just getting more arrows
I'd like it if you had a "camp" area where you'd automatically replenish ammunition up to a point (so maybe we'd implement total production and how many you brought with you) and if you didn't resupply in a smithy you owned you could run out over the course of a campaign.
This would mean that you'd see archers running back for more ammo, if you allowed them to.

>having infinite ammo isn't unbalanced
jesus christ

>normal archers fire 12-15 of their arrows before they get involved in melee or the front infantry line gets involved meaning those in the middle barely fire for fear of hitting their own troops
>the player is always unbalanced anyway
>horse archers get non-unlimited ammo for balance
>sieges shouldn't be balanced anyway, 5:1 casualties taking a castle should be commonplace

Wouldn't horse archers realistically have almost infinite ammunition, they could just strap more ammo onto their horses.

>normal archers fire 12-15 of their arrows before they get involved in melee
if you're a fucking retard who can't place your troops for shit maybe
>or the front infantry line gets involved meaning those in the middle barely fire for fear of hitting their own troops
put them on an angle to the right or left

>>the player is always unbalanced anyway
>proceeds to make it easier
wew lad

>if you're a fucking retard who can't place your troops for shit maybe
If you don't outnumber your enemies, they WILL get involved or be shot at by enemy archers, who will also be given unlimited ammo.
>put them on an angle
So they can be charged by horsemen or shot at by enemy archers, who will have unlimited ammo.
>proceeds to make it easier
You can already solo batches of 60 through good use of lancing alone, don't pretend it gets much easier than that

MUH BALANCE

honestly though horse archers should be the only ones with limited ammo. they're annoying as shit to begin with.

t. raped by Attila's big steppe cock
Deal with it or get raped some more
*throat singing intensifies*

>If you don't outnumber your enemies, they WILL get involved
no they won't
if you're on even ground or even if the enemy has a size advantage your archers aren't going to get into melee unless you suck terribly or all of your infantry/cavalry are dead
>So they can be charged by horsemen
i've never seen the AI keep cavalry in reserve
>or shot at by enemy archers
use your cavalry to kill their archers or do it yourself
>You can already solo batches of 60 through good use of lancing alone
which has risk, horse archery doesn't

>no they won't
>implying
Look if you're playing Geko or something, I can understand, because archers can and will kill entire armies just by shooting
Most of the time the AI will start splitting groups off to attack your archers if they've been aggro'd by their fire, especially if infantry isn't directly in the way.
>I've never seen the AI keep cavalry in reserve
Neither have I but I've seen them try to flank and shit and that will kill your archers if you've moved them to the flanks
>use your cav
I'm not saying that the enemy archers are invincible. I'm saying that it's fair, esp. if you don't take part yourself in which case it will never be fair.
>horse archery
I just said horse archers don't get unlimited ammo you colossal retard

>be a shitter
>mod game to make it easier
>people call me out on being a shitter
>instead of admitting to being a shitter
>make up all these excuses
>they only show what a shitter I am

If you suck at the game that is fine don't be in denial. You seem to be trying to convince yourself more than anything.

It's perfectly understandable that he fears the overwhelming might of the Khuzaits and wants the devs to protect him. He knows that his sad little empire is finished the second horse archers get decent AI.

>Look if you're playing Geko or something
no i'm not
>especially if infantry isn't directly in the way.
then move the infantry in their way you dumbass
>Neither have I but I've seen them try to flank and shit
then don't manuever your archers into a position where they can be flanked by cavalry if cavalry is on the field, jesus christ
>I just said horse archers don't get unlimited ammo you colossal retard
i'm talking about YOU the player, you're saying it's easy to solo with lancing
lancing has actual risk involved, horse archery has zero risk involved

god no wonder you mod the game to make it easier

>just strap more ammo onto their horses.

Nice strawman, I don't play WFaS.
Your arguments are BALANCE (when it isn't unbalanced to begin with, the player is always unbalanced beyond measure) and REALISM (when it is certainly more realistic that foot archers could get more ammo run to them or even just picked up themselves if they're near camp and certainly more realistic than running out of arrows during siege defense)

Maybe if foot archers shared that AI he wouldn't.

>then move the infantry in their way you dumbass
Which means they can't fire again.
>where they can be flanked
If you don't make them flank they don't fire which defeats the fucking purpose
>horse archery has zero risk
You WILL get decimated if there's any appreciable number of archers left on the field, and I just fucking said horse archers, including the player, shouldn't get infinite ammo for balance reasons. Just give the player limited ammo if you want.

Pretty sure putting some quivers on the horse's neck or whatever won't kill them, but I legitimately don't know.
>archers near home camp shouldn't be able to get more ammo from their ammo boxes
Ok

The angry eyebrows made me chuckle

mongol archers did this, carrying 150 arrows per men into battle

>mongols
>balanced

>Which means they can't fire again.
then move the archers again, holy fuck
you use the infantry as a shield against other enemy infantry or cavalry
or if you really need more infantry you dismount your cavalry and use them for the same thing
>If you don't make them flank they don't fire which defeats the fucking purpose
put them on a hill behind the infantry
>You WILL get decimated if there's any appreciable number of archers left on the field
no you won't
the AI can't lead their shots, the most popular build is horse archery + 2h weapon for a reason

/thread

>Nice strawman
>Your arguments are BALANCE
What the are you talking about? I never mentioned balance once. I'm not arguing with you. I'm just observing the thread and laughing as some shitter tries to justify himself to random people on the internet.

Shitter here. Please let me and my unlimited arrows play WFaS in peace. Thanks

>then move the archers again
>dismount the cavalry
So now they've been flanked by cav congrats.
>hill
Terrain advantage shouldn't be considered when asking if something is balanced, that's like me saying cavalry will 300 strength is balanced because it doesn't get that many kills on a dense forest map.
>player
Again you can give the player less ammo if you want jesus fucking christ.

Because I don't even play the mod holy shit
Warwolf gives 20 arrows per slot to the player and I still play it.

Watching the new siege footage It appeared to me that horses will be way more maneuverable in Bannerlord than in Warband.

youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8&ab_channel=TaleWorldsEntertainment

Look at the way the PC quickly rides of on his horse at 1:25 and just as quickly stops it practically dead on it's tracks at 1:33 with some ancient jokey drifting-technique.

A-am I stupid if I don't see anything wrong with this

>join multiplayer siege server with no team damage
>open gate as defender and sit on the mechanism
>they can't get me off and can't close it
>troll 140 people

No one is bothering you are they?

It is the other guy that insists he ISNT a shitter but keeps making posts to the contrary.

someone should make a mod to ragdoll you and the horse for some time if you stop suddenly.
theres no horse getting up animations tho

>So now they've been flanked by cav congrats
infantry is for anticav, not other cav or archers
>Terrain advantage shouldn't be considered when asking if something is balanced
this isn't about if something is balanced, this is about you being a shitter
>Again you can give the player less ammo if you want jesus fucking christ.
it doesn't work like that
>Warwolf gives 20 arrows per slot to the player and I still play it.
with cheats on i imagine

I just wanted an answer to my question, not this dumbass fucking argument over me giving myself arrows ;_;

Could be the char they used had stats boosted to all hell to do that though

Are they playing on 1/4 damage or something, he took an arrow to the face and barely any damage

I've literally never played that fucking mod though.

>cheats on
You can't cheat in Warwolf, it crashes your game. God of Anticheat is always watching.

>shitter is also a waifufag
it's too fitting

>waifufag
How are you getting this you epic baiter

You know what I'd like to see in Bannerlord? It's not high priority or anything but having a few different animations for attacks
I dunno if it would completely fuck up balance and gameplay due to not knowing which one you're going to get when you attack sideways for example but it'd spice up the animations and battles a little and blocking would work the same way of course, just make sure the animations intersect the block pose.

they could do the same thing with a different animation desu

>pathfinding still chucklefucked
>people still clustering in doorways instead of simply walking through
I sure hope it's fixable

I think he means having 2-3 animations for each direction that would be chosen from randomly

That wouldn't make sense though.
A horse in real life wouldn't let you simply stop it so fast that both of you crash into the ground.
Maybe if the horse fell dead you could be thrown similar to Warband.

Devs demonstrating their games' gameplay always suck at it for some reason. You can see the PC regenerate health when taking blows that would had knocked him out, which makes me think...

Do you think they would implement an Ironman/Permanent Death option for Bannerlord on release?

based gsanders

>It's not high priority or anything but having a few different animations for attacks
the ginger cunt confirmed this the last time he posted here, that there are gunna be different animations for different weapons
>I dunno if it would completely fuck up balance and gameplay
not really
two handed and polearms in some cases are comparable if not identical in their roles so it wouldn't be a problem

new to this game, If I choose nords will I end up running ahead as the only horse while the infantry trods behind me?

>Perma death

Maybe but if not wouldn't be hard to mod that in, perhaps include some continuation char creation options/items

>A horse in real life wouldn't let you simply stop it so fast that both of you crash into the ground.
I imagine that the horse is (while just 'sumpter') probably a really good horse and that the character has 10 riding

No no no, I mean for example, the side attack for a greatsword could be a normal side-attack or a diagonal slash at times, while things like glaives could use both upstab and overhead.

Correct.

>Permadeath
I can't see that being hard to mod in, but I'd suppose in some cases it wouldn't always make sense.
If they implement lord deaths it'd be simple though, if the lord would've died so does the player and if not neither does the player
Maybe even play as the character in prison, trying to break out or simply waiting for someone to bust you out or being executed

so I guess I should keep the horse for the map bonus but dismount every battle?

>No no no, I mean for example, the side attack for a greatsword could be a normal side-attack or a diagonal slash at times
animation variation for melee attacks isn't ideal
>while things like glaives could use both upstab and overhead.
this wouldn't work at all because normally overhead uses the swing damage value, but upstab uses the thrust damage value
if you had animation variation using both of those animations you'd have to choose between swing or thrust

Maybe holding CTRL would let you swap between them? Mostly because everyone from swordsmen to axemen to mace-users using the same four animations looks retarded, I just want to see some variety in my army
Also melee FF - yes or no?