Etrian Odyssey General

>EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS

>EOV Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
jii.moe/Vkg7ZHvGW.7z (Famitsu scans)

>EOV color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/

Previous thread:

Take better care of this thread please.

That's a cute Necromancer (male).

Let me give her freckles Atlus, please.

Literally impossible.

>Necrololi is more popular than Teach and everyone else now

I also want frills on my necromancer.

>few months back
>forgot what threads on /v/ they were but someone was shitposting and using necromancer pictures
>tell him to fuck off and to stop giving EO fans a bad name
>he replies "lol i don't even know what that is, i just saved them because she's DFC"

This is what happens when you have Disgaea tier chacter design.

Thank god, EO is safe from pedophiles now.

Well, not like there's anything better to discuss. What is everyone gonna to do pass the time until EO5?

>decided to play best Princess' game since some user mentioned a couple of threads back

I'd check it out if I knew Japanese.

Just think of it as the alpha version of the original Odin's Sphere. Makes me wonder why she ends up in EO though.

I keep saying I'm gonna replay one of the DS EOs but every time i do i get distracted by something else and forget about it

If we're gonna go with such different RPGs...
My mediko was so clumsy that she kept throwing acid on her allies.

It might be stretching it but at least the games are somehow tied. Talk about Trauma center if you'd like to bad it's dead

>frills, fluffy and exposed DFC cleavage
Thank you so much for 1/4th of this class, Himukai.

Healing~!

Why is bandana landsnack so fugging cute

Not as cute as landsknecht (male).

Everything about her appearance, bearing, expression, and clothing implies a character who is top tier wife and under-the-covers cuddling material.

I'm loving EOIV so far now that I figured out what to do in the woodlands, but I hear both of the untold games are very different, which one should I get, or should I just skip them and wait for V?

Untolds are remakes of the first two origin games, featuring the titular Labyrinth, instead of multiple small dungeons. And also story mode, with pre-made characters and an extra story-dungeon.

If you really care, you can get the Millenium Girl first, but just getting Fafnir Knight is completely fine too. You won't really be missing out on much if you skip Millenom.

Both Untolds have demos. Story mode is pretty different, but the Classic mode is roughly the same as IV.

U1's not as good as U2, but on the other hand it's the only vaguely sequential set of games in the series.

play EOU first then EO2U

Playing story or classic is your own choice, but I'd give EO2U's story mode a go, if only because ginnugagap and the final boss of the area makes a lot more sense if you're playing story mode. The party is complete garbage though. No idea what atlus was thinking, having only 2 attackers

EO2U>EO1U

I don't know, what I'm liking about EOIV so far is that it just sends you out and you do your own thing, find shit out on your own, does the story modes take away from that?

Story mode is basically classic, except you get 5 premade characters instead. You still do eveything that classic mode does, except there's a fuckton more dialogue in story

Also the protectors are the best characters in both games

>does the story modes take away from that?
You're still traveling the same dungeon and all that, but you're stuck with preset characters and dialogue about what's going on.
But like we said, both games still have Classic.

A little bit more talking, and characters in story mode will comment on labyrinth events, but there'll never be a time where where you'll feel like the dialogue and story is dragging on and stopping you from exploring.
There are a few times where you'll have to go back and talk to a person in town to progress, but EO4 has a little of that as well.

He will be missing on le millenom girl herself.

He can learn of the loveliness that is Ricky from this thread though, way more than he could from the game itself.

Whatever happened to NO MORE GAYS posting

EOU party had only two attackers as well, but they just hit so much harder in comparison to EO2U. By level 35-40 Highlander's delayed+cross charge hit for thousands of damage. Arthur was a beast vs elemental weak enemies as well.
But my Faf is still only doing 300-450 damage in Transformation mode. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Good. Spare him.

>EOU party had only two attackers as well
>Highlander
>Ricky
>Arthur

If you count Ricky as a dd, then you should count Flavio as well.

Faf is literally your only consistent damage option in the whole party. He shits out damage in his transformed mode by doing delayed charge>wave>blade recoil with arianna following him with link order

Chloe requires either her force boost to do damage, or flavio to status an enemy

Pretty sure ricky has far more damage output than flavio.

Even if you do count flavio, you can't count chloe because that means you're likely building a sagittarius+trick step+chain dance build and you won't have enough sp for shit like curb status up and maxing the status shots during the story

And what if you require one of the other classes? Are you just SOL or do you aquire premades of all the classes eventually, if not it just feels really lame, from the sounds of it, it sounds to be really balanced for the most part though

Well, in EO2U you can alter classes. So let's say you don't like the survivalist the game gives you. You can alter his class to become a hexer or a gunner, for example

You never need any specific class.

What are elemental guards?

What are grimoires?

Skills that both story parties carry by default

She's got good balance.

>bandanasnack will never be real
>you will never come back after a long day of adventuring and cuddle with her in the inn
Why even live

>you will never come back after a long day of adventuring
ftfy

Etrian odyssey vr when

So the brownies are her armor or weapons?

So we can appreciate her perfection, and talk about how we'd like to undress her, massage her after a long day of strenuous exploring, and pick her up against a wall while she indulges in happy, leglocking sex.

In the concept stage, but coming soon to a roomscale setup near you!

>this is your party

I see nothing wrong here
>EOVR
>inb4 permadeath circlejerk becomes real

If you permadie in the game, you permadie in real life.

>people will defend this
i bet your guild members are actual people and not ai with superior AtlusĀ® tactics.

>superior AtlusĀ® tactics
Please don't remind me of sea quests.

I've got Monster Hunter to play in the meantime. Also, college work.

>shaman

This is not my party.

>If you count Ricky as a dd, then you should count Flavio as well.
Are you high?
Do you know Action Boost is tied to Gunner in EOU?
Action Boost and Recharge may even allow you to do 3x elemental shot at no TP cost.

Romance the Necromancer.

EO VN Dating Sim when? The Dungeon crawling is already first person.

Actually, EO4 is the weird and very different one instead

A/M or M/A? Which is better?

A/M

Defang

>No women
That's not the harem party I made

>no women
But they're all women

>always feel like making a balanced party
>I like a lot of the female eo5 portraits and not a lot of male ones
fugggggggggg

I'm replaying one of my favorite SNES games of all time. I have little time to play per week, so I might finish it by the time EO5 releases in Japan.

As much I as agree with this, it'll never happen.

Just give in, you'll feel better about it

Completely opposite for me. I always make all female parties, but the male portraits are way better in V.

Nigga das gay.

I might just go 1 male 4 female
I really like all 4 protector portraits. They look snazzy as fuck

>but the male portraits are way better in V.
and it's fucking sad

EO5 is the first EO since 1 where I'm tempted to use some of the male portraits. There's such a tiny selection of good female portraits.

I still got EMD and EO4 to clear. After that, there is SMT4 before Apocalypse came.

Rightmost is muh waifu.

>harem
A shit.

I would be fine if the temptation to use males were because of a merit of the males instead of a demerit of the females.

better than a gayboy collective

It is only harem if you self insert.
You don't self insert, right?

Of course not. Self-inserting is for faggots.

Does Limitless keep a Survivalist from proccing Illusion Step with Landsnack's chases? I feel like I'm missing something here.

I assume another classes skills wouldn't count as bow skills

Is it worth it to just go ahead and get EO2U right now? I didn't get it when it came out because I wanted to wait for the price to go down but it's still $49.99...

seems marked down on amazon

Shit I forgot about looking there. Just ordered it though, thanks for telling me about that.

cute!

A Ricky is fine too.

if protector
wail on one until they die, then use perfect defense 3 turns after the other goes super saiyan
if no protector
focus on both until one goes super saiyan, then focus on them until they die, and then the other one

>ice cream
perfect

>dancer is panicked
>hits herself
>prods sword dance
>dies

>panicked land
>fencer 20, double hit 20, penetrate 10