/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #3065

Happy Katawas are Best Katawas Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (Pre-release version: pastebin.com/weL41ehu
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Nth for a happy Hana!

nth for brexit

I've always wondered: why is KS shrink a thing and why do people get butthurt when it's not in the OP?

Nth for a Happy Hana!

Dunno.
I also think the shrink is almost garbage.

But I suppose people needed more KS, so removing any thing barely related to it will cause a butthurt.
I can understand them

It's for drawing I swear
Like a model or something

Because it was always there I guess.

I'm curious what's gonna happen to brits, really.

Restrained cuddles are rather uncomfy. Still I'd be willing to cope to a certain degree, as long as there's something in it for me as well

Some just like to go apeshit mad when I remove it, so the majority adds it back in.

your lies make Jesus cry, you know?

I will only believe you if you post moar.

I don't have more, it's just a few pictures at random of different girls with a style I like...

This scene is sad when you realize that Shizune is the one who wanted to make friends despite her own difficulties only to see that their shared interests (chess) wasn't something they could bond over. Hanako has her own issues with making friends but Shizune could have given her the mutual respect she craved.

Shizune a shit. As always.

Please vote remain, KSG.

Shizune a shit, always and forever

I am.

What Lilly would vote, after she came back to scotland, lived there and completely forgot poor Hisao?

>voting to remain in an undemocratic union
u w0t m8
lilly is the kind of person to know the facts of each side and make an informed logical decision
in short terms, she'd vote _leave

I hope they leave so they'll learn how much they actually benefit from the EU and come back begging to take them back. Which might lead to some nice changes about how much the dickheads have to say in the EU.
Or they can just go and stay go.

It's Mutou Pickle screaming "Fuck a cripple!"
I just bought a crispy choppa finna fuck yo katawa
Even cracked the pavement that's for cripples hatin'
I been impatiently waitin' to show you cripples Satan
All this talk of science, ain't got a clue about me
Bitch, I'm Yamaku mafia and got my crew behind me
Shootas 'round me, keep them looters round me
Keep a tool around me, it'll keep you fools from round me

Couple of them goons surround me with a Rin
In a tin bin, got me pinned in
When they din din with a twin kin, made me grin thin
It's a sin but cripple, it's a win-win.
"Teach, am I passin'?"
No cripple, not until I'm smashin'
Dat ass with a passion
Now keep suckin bitch I aint askin'
Now back to these cripples so I can get back to trashin'.

I see disabled people, I need disabled people
Don Mutou at large, bitch, I disable people
/ksg/ will never be the same, bow their heads in shame,
Because Mutou says Crapawa Shitjo is not a game.

Your bars are fucking whack, stop posting them.

Rhymes as mighty as Rin's left pinkie

935 to go

ksg mansion when

those things right here over there on the other side of beside me on the top right side

midnightly misha appreciation post

Wakey wakey

Nooo

go to bed, snoozoo

I'm so depressed.

Suzu is excused

The rest of you guys is not.

Page 9 bump

Good morning everyone. Can anybody spare any coffee? Nah? Alright, here's to a horrid shift's start at the office.

I wish I had a job and could spend time somewhere I was engaging with other people...

It's better than nothing I suppose, but don't think there's any quality time spent here. The cubicles make sure chit chat's kept to a minimum. Still, I'd probably go insane without it, even if it isn't much.

Page 9 bump.
Damn guys, are you all sleepy today?

I guess...

Just let me recharge my batteries a bit real quick. Still haven't had my coffee yet.

tiny hana doodle with like 15 filters to try to make it look better

I feel you, hard.

Kushy office job sounds nice.

I'm too sad and lonely to talk right now.

I just want a friend.

Need a hug, user?

You've got 17 friends right here.

I've been trying for two years to find the best way to describe why the official public release is so inferior to the alpha. I was doing Lilly's alpha route just now (again), and I decided on the word.

"Over-edited"

The official release was waaaaaaaay too over-edited. Take Hisao's response here. "Aye aye, ma'am" ... It's a very casual response that a normal teen might say. But it sticks out like a sore thumb because KS has been edited to do their best to make it a literary masterpiece instead of a story about a boy and girl. It sticks out (due to over-editing), but at the same time feels very natural.

They should have stopped editing a year earlier. my 2cents.

/ksg/ became /r9k/ lately.
I hope you guys and me too may have as soon as possible improvements in your morale.

Please!

I feel like we're so close but then so far apart as well. It's a horrible feeling.

Another example. I think this is why so many people hate Hisao for being so bland. This stuff was all removed.

I always thought that Hisao was intentionally bland, able to shift to whatever personality accents the path he chooses. It also made him more relatable to from a player perspective. If he were too personalized, it may break suspension of disbelief for some. Just my take any way.

How do I overcome my intimacy issues?

Overediting probably was a thing (but some Alpha routes were really too raw for being an official release).

But, at least for the routes with different plots, I think they were sometimes better than final ones.

Final Lilly's route was better than Alpha one. I also suspect Lilly's Alpha was an unfinished route, if I remember correctly you had no relevant choices but the one to switch to Hana route.

Final Shizune's route... I played it twice, but I never appreciated it. Alpha route had an overhelming drama in the last one, probably it was too much and too forced, but the plot sounded more appealing to me.

Final Hana 's route... I appreciated it, but meme asides it's clear it was rushed. A lot.
True Alpha route was a lot better 'til almost the end, I found it more appealing.
At least until the all girls-booze party and the decision to go seeing old Hana house, it seemed a patchwork between different versions to me, these 2 things happened so suddenly and appeared out by nowhere.

You face your fears, or you get held down so long by them that you begin to hate them for getting in your way. I was the latter, and it made me pissed enough to change my entire personality. I'm now rather outgoing.

Become a exhibitionist or whatever it is called.

That is true. Even still, I think they overdid. Like they wanted to make milk into chocolate milk, so they dumped the whole fucking bottle of chocolate syrup into the glass.>I also suspect Lilly's Alpha was an unfinished route
They updated this at some point. The two logs I posted are from Lilly's route. There is one choice (I forgot where) where the option literally said to go to Hanako's route Act 1, then there were two more options. One to go to town (to bump into Lilly and Akira) and I forget the other.

>Final Shizune's
Agreed on drama. My question is would most players rather have the drama-filled alpha route, or the bland piece of shit that the final route is now. I am willing to bet they'd mostly prefer the alpha. Lesser of the two evils, maybe?

That Pharah deserve an award or something

I had a mandatory mental health checkup yesterday.

I fucking lied to him, KSG. I lied that I was okay because I was too scared. I didn't want to face the fact that I was still a total mess and hadn't achieved anything since. I didn't want to go through all the pain of therapy again.

Hell yeah that's how you do it! Keep it all bottled up inside!

I understand where you're coming from, mate. I really do. Nobody ever wants to admit that they have a problem... But the first step to recovery is looking for help, and that's all the doctor is trying to do. Nobody can help you if you don't let them. Nobody can walk again if they don't take those first, scary steps. Recovery is painful... But is it more painful than living like you are currently?

I have so, so many questions ...

G'morning, doods!
How are we all today?
What fun and interesting things do you all have planned?

This is good!

>absolutely crush todays test that nobody else was prepared for
>Hitting new PRs on lifts and looking leaner than ever
>god tier cum guide is working

Excellent work!
Keep at it.

> There is one choice (I forgot where) where the
> option literally said to go to Hanako's route
> Act 1, then there were two more options. One
> to go to town (to bump into Lilly and Akira)
> and I forget the other.

Really?
I need to replay it. When I played it, Lilly's route had only 2 meaningless choices (one of them after you daydreamed HanakoxLilly yuri stuff, I don't remember the other one), and the choice to switch to Hana's route or continue with Lilly's route; and after that, hours of gameplay with no choices.

> Lesser of the two evils, maybe?
As I said I also found more appealing Alpha's plot. Probably working on it to let more acceptable the drama could have been the better solution.

Sorry to say it, but sometimes therapy doesn't work. Or maybe it doesn't work alone, the person who's on therapy (and the other people around him) have to made hard efforts.
If you already tried therapy and if for any reason it didn't worked... you feel fucked in a way words can't describe. And also people around you would make this hell worst.
Pic related.
It's really hard not choosing faking it's all ok.
Dear
I hug you, hoping things will improve.

Wat?

>text in japanese reading sense
>panels are not
I got confused

Am I the only one who saw Akira as just another one of the guys? Seriously, she was like an older brother every time she spoke.

>Am I the only one
No. But she can still be a cute.

not since I read a fanfic that was kinda hot

androgyny a cute

Anyone here played Sakura Dungeon?

Did the first witch remember Shizune?

Jesus fuck you guys are dead.

where is this news about the devs supposedly releaseing another lewd artbook at the comic place

I never heard official news.
An user told this before on the last thread

hanako

*burnt toast

EMERGENCY LEWD BUMP!

Bloody sleepy

I'm guessing this thread is typically more active? I'm sort of new here.

Well then welcome!

Thanks! I just finished my first run through not too long ago, and I sort of kept digging through the Internet until I wound up here xD It's way more active than the plebbit page, anyway.

Still, I can't quite process what exactly just happened while I played the game. It was... An experience.

>I just finished my first run
Oh, who'd you get?
What did you think?

>It was... An experience.
That's certainly one way of describing it.

>xD
Aw, bless his soul, so new and innocent. I remember those days.

>xD
Don't.

Anyway, welcome. Yeah we're usually a little more active. We are small, kind of slow but super comfy community.

I got Lilly's bad ending... I decided to play it safe and talk about school on the train ride back home. Not the best plan, it seems. I hope this is the first, and the last, time I get tripped up by unclear prompts. Broke my fucking heart too...

So... No emoticons, got it. I'll just stick to reaction images then.

>I got Lilly
I think we might get on well.
>bad ending
It's technically considered a 'neutral end' but yes, it definitely fucks with you.

>No emoticons
This applies to the whole site.
How new are you?

Also we generally advise that you don't come here until you finish all the routes because of spoilers. Have fun!

xD eal with it.

Bad ends can happen, it's good that you decided to go in it without a guide, I think that's a great experience.
In fact, I got Lilly's route first and the bad ending. Hmm.
Anyway, sometimes it can be hard to tell which decision is good until you get there. Or even just a couple of lines later when you're like 'really game?', there can be curveballs though. I guess the same can be said about life.

>Lilly's bad
Ah, so you ended up pretty well anyway. You consciously chased after Lilly or it just turned out that way?

Been on /b/ most of the time I've come here since 2010. Never really left that board, I just lurked, enjoying the idiocy. This is probably my first time off of /b/, considering I thought it was only against /b/'s rules to post emotes.

That was my perspective going in. First run through, do what you would normally do in reality. Other run throughs, try it, but don't back track to other routes, so on and so forth. Still, if the rest of the game is as touching and heart wrenching as Lilly's neutral ending, I'll probably keel over from my heart exploding.

A little bit of both. Shizune and Misha were pushy and annoying, and I felt as if I shouldn't poke the ticking time bomb that was Hanako, so Lilly was my only natural route imo.

Hanako is a nice girl and means well, but you still shouldn't poke that ticking time bomb since the route is horrible. actual spoilersyou're forced to rape her in the "good" ending, it's retarded forced drama, since her old writer left the project and the new writer didn't like her or didn't give a shit

Each of the routes has their own themes and subjects to them, as well as how the girls act or react. Definitely worth playing through each at least once, if you ask me.
>I'll probably keel over from my heart exploding.
It could happen, I had a panic attack in bed after one of the routes, rough stuff.

Any thoughts on who you're going to pick next, or are you just going to curiously poke at the alternate Act 1 choices?

Captcha's telling me there's a store called 'superDumbo'. Can't imagine what they sell there.

There's always one.

>Still, if the rest of the game is as touching and heart wrenching as Lilly's neutral ending, I'll probably keel over from my heart exploding.
Really depends on who you are. If there were objective answers this general probably would've died years ago.

>the ticking time bomb
That's a very cruel thing to say.
You also say nothing of Emi and Rin.
Oi, don't you go starting shenanigans and putting ideas in the poor boy's head.

G'morning, Kenji.
Feeling better today?

>tfw no Hanako to read with