Monster Hunter General

>Great news!
-Monster Hunter Generations along with special edition N3DS XLs to release July 15.
-Monster Hunter Generations demo is out, has online
-English Patch for Monster Hunter Online is out now kogath.com/TeamHD/

>How do I get my hands on the demo?
EU fags download the demo here: www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Monster-Hunter-Generations-1090846.html

NA fags either pray Nintendo sends you a code or buy it for $4 in the e3 humble bundle. That or wait until June 30th for the public release

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHGen, MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3pasuxVPlDo
youtu.be/7BnbPgZL3j0
youtube.com/watch?v=jR7ChWwjnJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good night, /404/.

Cute monsters!

Good night, user.

Cute huntresses edition

Hmm coincidence i guess

I don't know what to think about Lance in Gen. I like the new 3rd attack, but it's much more punishable than the old one. WIth Adept you lose the fast counter that helps keeping you keep poking, and on Adept, while it's fun to counter, it feels a bit weak. also the loss of shield advance is a shame. Strikers constant charge is boring. Going to main HH, but Lance have always been a favorite weapon of mine.

HOT

MH Generations Nargacuga Demo Room
ID:31-8385-9266-7029
Pass: 7243
Twist: the first person to reply to this decides what we all use.
00-07: Greatsword
08-14: Longsword
15-21: Sword and Shield
22-28: Dual Blades
29-35: Hammer
36-42: Hunting Horn
43-49: Lance
50-56: Gunlance
57-63: Switch Axe
64-70: Charge Blade
71-77: Insect Glaive
78-84: Light Bowgun
85-91: Heavy Bowgun
92-98: Bow
99 or Trips: Prowler

Why not. Better not be IG or LS

Greatsword it is!

Or you could just use this

Why is this place so dead all the time? Has MHX/Gen officially killed all interest in the series?

Was never interested in Amiibos but that looks ok

Should I order or forget about it because the end product will look like shit?

Yes, MHG is the Sticker Star of monster hunter

>first time playing MH3U after starting with MH4U
>rotating between SnS, GL and SA
>reach the first Royal Ludroth quest and it was SnS' turn to be used
>30 minutes to kill the asshole, between missing attacks, getting hit by Ludroth charges and bouncing off the Royal Ludroth's arm at yellow sharpness
Holy shit. That's the most unpleasant vidya experience I've had since Pokemon Shuffle last year. At least I cut its tail.

It's not out yet

Guess I should emphasize all that suffering was due to first time doing a proper underwater battle with a large monster. At least things shouldn't get any worser than that if SnS is apparently the worst weapon to fight underwater with.

So is there an English Athena's ASS for MHGen out yet? Is there going to be one?

people are probaly waiting for generations to come out. the demo gets boring after soloing narga with prowler just to get a chanllenge and some people don't want to burn out from generation and already stop playing 4. can't say anything about the people playing X.

what? R.ludroth/P.ludroth are weak ass bitches i literally hunt them without getting a single hit and under 10 minutes even with shit weapons. what SnS were you using?

This. I specifically stopped playing 4U so I don't get burnt out.

Is there a pixie cut in X?

Still in early LR so one of the early SnS. It wasn't a problem on land but like mentioned it was my first attempt at underwater battle so I was battling both the Ludroth and the camera.

Thanks for the hunt, user. Ill never get the arial style, it's somewhat fun with the fastcharge, but I would rather just use the old style

They did it, they actually made a one handed dual blade the absolute madmen!
youtu.be/3pasuxVPlDo

you should make a lbg or a hbg if you have such a bad time underwater. they make UW hunting way less shitty

How much def points should a endgame gunner set in MH4U have?

I'm thinking about going gunner in MHG so I'm practicing in MH4U, but I get 1hitted all the time as gunner, that can't be normal right?

Chameleos and Shaggy lvl 140 guild quest were the two that raped me.

Send help.

Neato

doesnt matter really youre gonna die in 1 hit anyway

>that can't be normal right
normal

>140 kill me in one hit
>surprised

450-500 will save you from most oneshots, besides fuck you attacks like rajang's beam.

none, you shouldn't get hit. if it's too hard for you then get evasion skills

that's actually pretty fucking cool

140 Shaggy's ground slam even one shots blademasters; I think you need about 850 defense to survive it at 150 HP. It's the only time I use a defense honed weapon, because it can be sneaky and sometimes I can't dodge it, and sometimes isn't acceptable when it one shots you.

But to answer your question, you either shouldn't gun in 140s outside of hame, or you should just not get hit. Defense honing and/or a blademaster helmet will probably save you from a few one shots if you insist on doing it, but you should still play extremely safely.

youtu.be/7BnbPgZL3j0

Isnt the critical range halved underwater? Dosnt that mean you have to be pretty damn close to the monster?

youtube.com/watch?v=jR7ChWwjnJQ
Time to groove

Why does Jho look graphically worse than it did in Tri?

Does sidestepping through attacks not activate the adept counter?
I was using SA and I sidestepped through a few narga tail swipes and nothing happened.

Tri is the pinnacle of graphics of MH

>tfw Adept Hammer would be literally perfect if only they gave it Aerial's Level 2 Uppercut

>tfw Aerial Hammer is literally perfect in every way

>Brute Wyverns no longer have skin flap physics
it ain't fair, why did P3rd ruin everything

I came here to ask a similar question. I'm missing like 90% of my health from two hits from G ranked quests (granted the monster is frenzied), and I can't deal enough damage to knock it out before carting to some stupid mistake on my part.

Judging by the comments, I need to become proficient.

never mount when its not frenzied
start count your jump hits

How the fuck do I Aerial Hammer? The hopping shit feels so clunky and I don't see the point in doing too many jump attacks when it's seemingly better to just use the powered up Uppercut along with the Triple Pound.

Don't get greedy when:
Shooting stuff
Chugging green stuff
Holstering weapon.

Just soloed Lab partners
Fuck frenzy brachy. He was already 2fast4u in high rank, but his retard running-in-circle pattern in Grank is just awful.

Usually when I need to heal/deblight/whatever I go to another area. If I can't I throw a flash bomb and try to do it then.

Same as mounts with IG: flank the monster, then jump. Never upfront, never from the back: always from the sides.

NA Generations Demo Room

ID: 41-5581-0365-8351
Pass:rage

Lets bash some skulls in

>Kirin slut armor is never viable in any of the games

At least it's decently useful for LBG in MHX, I guess.

I've been watching some Generations gameplay videos... And the monsters seem to hit like wet cardboard.
I just watched one of a guy hunting Lagi and he never bothers to heal because each hit (each big hit, not just chip damage) does such a tiny sliver of his health bar. This was the most egrigious, but most videos I've seen have been similar. Attacks just don't seem to do much damage.
Was he just using upgraded HR armor against a LR monster? Do the monsters ever start to hit hard?

game starts out easy as fuck. I played the partial translation of X and finished all of low rank and it was so easy

It gets more difficult in High Rank/Variant System but its always like that in a MH game

2 slots, get in here

2 Slots still open get on in here

Should we just start with the 2 of us?

/404g/

Sure do it

I literally just dont feel like playing. its like 8 in the morning

>monster so big he whiffs everything

All I wanted was one Immortal Reactor. Just one.
I've killed Raging Brachy over 40 times and I have not gotten a single Immortal Reactor, whereas my friend, who has joined me on nearly every hunt, has four already and doesn't even want them.
Yes, I'm mad. The Lightbreak weapons aren't even that great, but it's a matter of ego at this point.

Please respond, /mhg/

>play MHX with japs
>they're highly coordinated and rather polite when you can actually communicate with them

Thank fuck there's no Frenchmen.

You want it so you don't get it.
That's how it has always worked and how it will always work.

Fuck that owl

The confusion dive bombs in rage mode are the worst.

I think it's because you dodged the attack with the base iframes, as in, dodging right on time instead of super early like you can with adept. I've had it happen a few times while rolling.

Adept really makes you a shitter, now that I think about it.

>First demo codes
>Reviewers get to play the game a month early
No guilt for having cfw

Cute.

You guys can barely maintain one general, why have two?

Why do people think he's even hard? He's arguably the easiest to kill of the new monsters.

Ok

Oh, I know. The desire sensor is real. This game, especially near the endgame, is designed to mess with your head.

This pic is interesting but not compelling; would much rather just see huntresses.

So adept literally rewards you for playing worse?

>not wanting monster girl hunter
>with enhanced mounting and capturing

He's just annoying.
>dive bomb into the ground
>can't attack him for another few seconds without getting confused
>by then he's flying again

He's way more fun with ranged weapons.

Mhg always needs more cute huntresses

>Boob hunter online

Finished my gearset and ready for 2.0!

Any one know how to get the butterfly wings off this faggot? It says torso break on the wiki, but I carved 2 off him on my first hunt. My last 20 hunts have resulted in 0.

Lagombi is old and busted. Blizzard Lagombi is the new hotness.

>badass top hat
>that sleek uniform style
>super short skirt (with fuzzy short shorts underneath to not be a total slut)
>that 10/10 skillset for Aerial style

Needs more girl than monster.

What am I looking at exactly. Hotter monkey dick?

>(with fuzzy short shorts underneath to not be a total slut)
>implying

That's more like it.

Please stop shitposting!

is prowler any decent, or is it as shit as the image implies?

Prowlers are pretty great if you make an offensive build with huge, piercing boomerangs. Most people just think prowlers are shit because the demo has a shitty support build instead of something useful.

You must break his torso in his first form.

>his
Isn't it a female?

but how am i going to win without my clown suit