/twg/ - Total War General

understanders of strategy edition

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707514055
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

EUROPOORS SHUT THE FUCK UP

THE AIR WAS FILLED WITH SMOKE AND BLOOD

First for Brexit discussion in /twg

Post release support was a lie

reposting from last thread

How the heck do I do Empire army compositions

it seems that no matter what I do the Chaos rapes me with their 9 XP demigods.

>build infantry to keep front line stable
>axe throwing horsemen rape everything
>build more gunners to keep down the horsemen
>poison wolves eat them alive
>build more cavalry instead to try and deal with the axe throwers and wolves
>front line disintegrates the moment they come into contact with the enemy

is Empire just weak as shit right now?

No you're just an idiot mate, Empire is the best faction.

I'm loving the frest new memes.

Nth for delicious butthurt when the Remainers win.

Well, there's bound to be plenty of butthurt either way, but since I'm not British and the Leavers are MUCH more prominent and vocal on this website I am going to see so much more butthurt if Remain wins.

Go Remain! Stronger Together and all that!

>get a bunch of greatswords
>get a bunch of demigryphs
>get some artillery and ranged units in the mix
>win every game all the time

instead of explaining to me how I empire, you just call me an idiot and make a declarative statement

are you going to reply to this post complaining that I don't take you at your word?

HOLY SHIT, THATS IT IM ON THE #BREMAIN TRAIN NOW

>Brexit fags actually think that their country will improve if they leave the EU

>adam and steve
What if YHWH-chan was a yaoi fangirl

But the leavers posted an argument last thread and it feels like the remainers will be much more assblasted if they leave.

All right twg, I need a good mod to make my Shogun 2 feel all new and fresh. Any suggestions?

Why would there be butthurt? its not even been discussed at all before today and today is the vote. If anything you'll have some people mentioning the results and that's it

>look at how cool I am by not being invested in this AT ALL XDD
You're the worst kind of person.

Radious

Which dlc should i buy for rome 2?

>are you going to reply to this post complaining that I don't take you at your word?

Nah sorry mate, you're just an idiot.

>But the leavers posted an argument last thread and it feels like the remainers will be much more assblasted if they leave.

Leavers outnumber remainers at least 10-to-1 on this website.

At VERY least.

And a lot of them are very very impassioned.

Most remainers are just people who don't want to rock the boat, they don't generally care about the principle of the thing and thus are much less emotionally invested.

I don’t know what retarded catlick fanfic you're reading, all one has to do is take a cursory glance of the Bible (both Old Testament AND New Testament) to see that God explicitly prohibits homosexuality. See: Lev. 18:22, Deut. 20:13, 1 Kings 14:24, Rom. 1:25-28, 1 Cor. 6:9, 1 Tim. 1:9-10,

MoS for ultra comfy and piss easy.

how many assault towers do you like to make? I like to have 4 total, but sometimes that extra 2 turns to make them sucks

An honest question- Is there a way to git gut at large scale battles, or just keep doing them til I don't get rekt?
I'm doing a playthrough of both Attila (I quite honestly like the setting) as Huns and Shogun 2 as Shimazu and Uesugi/Ikko but consider dropping northen ones, as Takeda comes with their deathball of 4-5 full stacks 4+ exp units before 50th turn in and declares war each time.

CRASHING THIS UNION

You get greatswords, crossbowmen, demigryphs and steamtanks.

Congratulations, you've just won the campaign on legendary with a blindfold because you have to try to fail as the Empire because half their units are straight up bullshit with no counterplay even possible.

I see we are off to a good start! this is going to be another great total war thread, just like the last one, I can feel it!

>brexit is a spawn of chaos, unhinged and destructive
>bremain is a steam tank, a reliable, powerful and stable engine of victory

also
>implying that the giant would win against the steam tank

That is a good picture. On one hand you have a maddened, twisted beast reveling in its own filth, on the right an elaborate construction made with purpose and thought behind it.

It is not a surprise to anyone that the Tank wins in the end.

>EU represented by Steam Tank, the best unit in the game
>UKIP represented by Giant, a vulnerable, overcosted turd that dies to a stiff breeze

I suppose you're right, but I'd rather this website remain more or less quiet and removed laughing at the rest of the world.

I'm pretty sure the Steam Tank wins

t. Waterloo

>steam engines are reliable and provide a stable firing platform

Bongs, traditionally who do you hate more? The French or the Germans?

Well I mean, in TW.W they are.

>the /twg/ was divided
>from squalor of r1 to the pikes of med2 the old twg spread
>sacred thread where men of greatness poster
>but those that followed neglected her
>fighting over engines and unit collision
>they would either cast aside their petty differences, or succumb to barbarous shitposting
>and behold a green frog, and he who posted it was given power to take peace from the threads

>posters of /twg/! those noble understanders of strategy of the board!
>time has come to restore quality to the thread
>they made ready for memes

>anime faggotry
>insulting steam tanks
>brexit implications
/twg/ cancer at it's best

Tomb kings now? steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707514055

is there a way to recruit more units into waaghs?

What image are you going to post when tomb kings get announced?

don't spoil the surprise

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

>overcosted turd

I don't know what you're talking about, these things have singlehandedly won me battles

Well, whatever it is, it had better be appropriately spooky

not him but probably this one

whoops
see

This is important.

Calm your ass you stupid bapist shit, your precious book is literally garbage decided by POPULAR FUCKING VOTE and translated into another language by 'catlicks' high on acid and Mary M's FINE ass and even before that edited to hell and back to fit with Aristotlean metaphysics to make scholars actually willing to discuss it as a fanfiction when they would just throw it away as drivel dreamed up by the FRIENDS of the dead kike on a stick
Fuck your shit to be perfectly honest, drowning babies in water 'blessed' by the semen-encrusted hands of olde men is supposed to be some sort of entry ritual, fuck is this shit? At least pagans just had you sing for a while and ballin' facepaint, no you gotta submerge this one-week-old baby in water and cut apart his dick because of muh COVENANT wit' GOD
Not to mention this God is some next-level bullshitter, oh he LOVES us each individually while being such a powerful being that he could create entire timelines off the top of his head, why are WE so fucking special? We have FREE WILL yet He sees fucking everything and knows when we'll sin and so will send us to hell for these sins (which I might MENTION are defined as 'THINGS I DON'T LIKE AND YOU SHOULDN'T DO FOR THAT REASON') yet if he knows this shit in advance and is so almighty why doesn't he just guide us back onto the right fucking path? No don't give me non-interference what kind of Father watches his little kid drink cynanide and say 'aww shiet you gonna die now' to him AFTER it's too late like what the fuck? Give a damn revelation or actually DO something some LOVE you have, 'oh I totally don't want to send you to hell when I literally could have stopped you at any time due to butterfly effect' ayy lay FUCKING mao
Do you NEVER get tired of being a BAPTIST you fucking MEMER no seriously go KILL YOURSELF AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can your steam powered piece of shit ever hope to defeat a M1 abrams, powered by FREEDOM, and also a 1150kw fuel turbine engine?

Good movie desu

what movie is that from?
Is it army of darkness?

yes

I got news for you buddy.

You're wrong.

>Giants so shit they need help to kill a tank half its size.

>dont confederate barak varr early
>they blob south
>they take all the ports so I can't trade with the north
>they don't want to confederate any more

you can't use it since there is no gas to power the tank.
>steam tank could run on coal

>implying that you didn't use the other units as well

>Anything remotely related to the EU
>Reliable and Stable
Kek.

Is uh
Is this a pasta of some sort of did you write this out?

An M1 Abrams couldn't even beat a Gothic Warband.

No u

yes

Probably his dick so the day kangz and chaos manlets gte announced /twg/ will have a dick and a pussy posted.

Why do you need to trade as the Dwarves? Just take Mount Gunbad and build the special mine

If you load manually you could operate the 120mm gun even with a damaged engine. There's also the pintle MG. The crew could just hide in it and there's literally nothing in the warhammer world that could make a scratch on it.

So you say but a Giant could just toss you off a tower and the people inside would be mashed to death on impact.

prove it

>anything
>beating a gothic warband

Is Napoleon worth getting or still a buggy shitty mess?

Tiberius: he was strong and solidly built but his face was "disfigured" by Liver spots.He suffered from Astraphobia(he was very afraid of thunders)

Caligula:Caligula was tall,thin and very pale.His face sported preminent eye sockets.
He suffered from baldness since a young age,despite the fact that was described as an hairy person.
Due to this things,it is said that Caligula created two news capital offences: one was to looking down on him,the other was to nominate his name and the animal goat in the same sentence.

Claudius:he was tall and well proportioned;unfortunately for him,Claudius heavily suffered from stuttering,he drooled repeatedly during spechees and was affected by numerous nervous twitchings.(historians say he suffered from poliomyelitis,encephalitis,multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy).

Nero:the last Emperor of the Julio-Claudian dynasty was stocky and with a prominent belly.Nero's eyes were of a light-blue hue and he sported blonde hair(during his trip to Greece he let his hair grow until they reached his back).

Otho:average height and build.The particular thing is that Otho had his whole body shaved and used a special unguent on a daily basis in order to prevent the growing of a beard.

Vespasian:not particularly tall or slender;the Emperor was considered a pretty vulgar person(his language was labelled off-color)

Trajan:according to Cassio Dio, he was pretty tall and had a respectable posture,despite his hair turned gray prematurely.
Lucius Verus:he was considered an handsome person:tall,jovial and with a prominent forehead.The Emperor used to sport a beard like the "barbarians" and spread his blonde hair with gold dust.He also proved to be a good orator.

chosen came in towards the end but the steam tank was firing into the square where most the army was while the giant battered it. Worked it down pretty fast though. Still the unwashed hordes of northern England and Wales will bring the end times to the EU. We burnt Europe down once we'll do it again until the Empire rises ascendant.

curse of rust could fuck it pretty bad, and so could the spell that makes steel to lead.

Septimius Severus:he was stocky but energetic and strong.Since he was born in present day Lybia,his complexion was a little bit darker than previous Emperors and his accent revealed his origins(some historians say he was black).

Gordian I:he had good features.The most remarkable thing about this Emperor is that he was really fond of bathing and sleeping(he was known for falling asleep during dinner).

Constantine I:the Emperor was a really emotional person:he suffered from rage attacks but was easy to calm down.He was also vulnerable to flattery.

Julian the Apostate:average height,with hair always combed and a a spiky beard.His eyes were considered good-looking and therefore a sign of intellingence.His mouth was big and his lower lip was "floppy".

Augustus
Augustus was tall and handsome with particularly good teeth, though he was prone to poor health all his life. Late in life he got cold very easily, and took to wearing 'barbarian' style trousers around the house.

Vitellius
Vitellius was handsome in his youth and tended to blush easily. Later in life he became famous for his expert knowledge of culinary matters, but overindulgence in food and wines made him grotesquely overweight. He was likely Rome's fattest emperor.

Hadrian
Hadrian was of fairly slight stature and slender, with a handsome face and bright eyes. His beard and long, curly hair would be the 'fashion' for emperors for the next century. Antoninus Pius, his successor, had very similar physical traits.

Marcus Aurelius
Marcus Aurelius wore his dark, curly hair and beard long like his predecessors. He had a very sober demeanor and personality, and was an avid reader.

Commodus
Took after his father except that he was blond and appears to have been more powerfully built. He liked to eat large portions of meat, and was famous for his love of hunting and gladiatorial combats.

Pertinax
Seems to have worn the typical long hair and beard of his century. He was a short and stocky man.

Germans. We keep putting them down and giving them another chance due to our Anglo Compassion and like the violent beasts they are they betray us again and again. Third time now. The French are a bit sad sometimes but it's more of a rivalry than anything really destructive.

>there's literally nothing in the warhammer world that could make a scratch on it.

Let's see, a battery of cannons, a broadside from a greatship, giants, magic.

Vampires also can crack granite by punching it, just get a bunch of them together and have them rip the hatch off.

What, you think the m1 abrams is made entirely out of steel?

gothic pikemen

Fuck is this shit

>Vespasian:not particularly tall or slender;the Emperor was considered a pretty vulgar person(his language was labelled off-color)

and once again Vespasian is proved to be the most based imperator

Caracalla
Caracalla kept his beard trimmed shorter than his predecessors but wore his curly black hair fairly long; he seems to have had Syrian or Arab features like his mother. During his campaigns in Germania he wore a blond wig and Celtic clothing.

Elagabalus
Little is known of the youthful Elagabalus' features except that he appears to have been the first emperor in exactly a century to neglect growing a beard.

Severus Alexander
Like Caracalla Alexander wore a neatly-trimmed goatee, but his hair was shorter.

Philip Arabicus
Philip's hair and beard were cropped short in military fashion, his features seem to have been Syrian.

Valerian
Valerian was an old man when he ascended to the throne, he was stocky in build and was clean shaven.

Aurelian
Also an old man when he took the throne, Aurelian, along with Probus, Carus, Diocletian, and Maximian after him, favored short hair and a goatee.

Constantius II: the Emperor had a pretty dark complexion,with dark and piercing eyes.
His hair were soft and smooth.
Due to the fact that his limbs were pretty long,he was considered a good jumper.

Valentinian I:he had a musculad build and was well proportioned.his eyes were grey and was known for his hard stare.He was also gifted with a very good memory,that helped him a lot during all of his speeches
Valentinian was considered a simple but elegant person,devoted to chastity.

Valens:he had a pretty dark complexion and a prominent belly.He had a sight defect just in one eye.
Valens was considered a pretty lazy and credulous person.

it's probably the best post in the past few days

do go on you magnificent bastard

Theodosius I:he was known for his blond hair and his hooked nose.He had a very elegant posture.Theodosius was considered a pretty umpredictable person(he was capable of extreme laziness or unremitting activities).

Constantius III:the Emperor had a big head and big eyes(famous for observing people with the corner of his eyes).According to the Emperor himself, his favourite activity was to discuss with clowns during banquets.

Valentinian III:he was known for being a very good runner.He had the bad habit of "having affairs" with other people's wives,despite his spouse Licinia Eudoxia was considered a beautiful woman.

Arcadius(Eastern Emperor):describe as a negligible and thick-headed person.He was characterized by very heavy eyelids that made him a dozy individual.

Zeno(Eastern Emperor): just like Valentinian III,he was known for being a good runner, but this was due to the particular shape of his knee caps.

>Valentinian I:he had a musculad build and was well proportioned.his eyes were grey and was known for his hard stare
no homo

>Vitellius
>Vitellius was handsome in his youth and tended to blush easily.

Cute

no, but the most important parts such as the firing mechanism or the receiver would completely malfunction if the were made into lead.

>he thinks low velocity blackpower garbage can penetrate the M1's 8 inch thick chobham armor

>(some historians say he was black)

You mean retarded apologists and blacks who need to force themselves into others histories because they have been irrelevant till more modern times.

>he thinks that mundane shit would stand against the steam tank

Modern day total war?

combat could be like Wargame

>ecause they have been irrelevant till more modern times.
Getting slaughtered is relevant?

>greatship
Do you have any idea how big these motherfuckers are
The Dardanelles Gun from 1453 would do a pretty massive number on ANY tank today.

>people keep saying that "omg it was so cool that they researched battle of cannae" about game of thrones episode 9
>constantly regurgitated battle of cannae this, historically accurate that
>they don't even bother to look up the fact that Hannibal had the inferior force
>the genius of the battle of cannae was that an inferior force enveloped a larger one and cut them down
>the bolton army has roughly 4000 more people in it than jon snow's

Well, no fucking shit they envelop around them. It's almost like it's every single fucking medieval battle where an army has superior numbers in history without any grand strategy applied to it.

Im going to do a hard chaos run but only ever have Suneater as my LL.
Whats better for sacking, Kislev or the norse tribes?
How bad of an idea is it to switch out my army from Mauraders to Warriors turn 8?

ARE YOU A GOD?

That fucking battle was embarrassing to watch.

Though to be fair, I can't get through a single episode of GoT after mid season 4 without wanting to kill myself.

It's basically a shit steam powered blackpowder assault gun (the turret is a worthless pintle mounted steam gun for point defense) with slow speed and shit maneuverability

>grand strategy

you were good until you went full retarded

They didn't even envelope them using the same tactics, all the battle was was literally two force's frontal assault each other(with all their cav in the vanguard) while one side pepper both sides troops with arrows, a body wall appears out of nowhere and one side stands like idiots as the other surrounds them with pikes.

BASED
A
S
E
D

I simply mean a strategy. I don't know why I wrote grand strategy.

Is it theoretically possible to be such an understander of strategy that you could defeat an army of 40 demigryphs with 10 goblins?