/evn/- Work. You lazy trogdolytes

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it. We are not them.

>Developer Resources, Getting Started:
pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
pastebin.com/zGVSpH0B

>For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
meganelover.com/post/122965940223/visual-novel-creation-masterlist

>Ren'Py Download:
renpy.org/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/443980/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The upper text alignment is triggering me.

You could say that it's trying to be edgy.

Does this game only have 1 background!? I literally haven't seen anything else.

It's the only interesting one

You lost everyone because you waited too long to make the thread and didn't link people from the last one. You all made a slow thread even slower. You brought this on yourselves.

We deserve to be punished

well you could have made a thread. so there.

>whining over a thread
Oh please. People will post if they want to post.

Yes.

But I'm the consciousness of /evn/ speaking. I have to rely on others to keep me alive. All I can do is scold you for what you've not done.

This is a serious matter. Stop acting like a fool.

I'm just a fool
A fool in love
With

hi

Will you be my friend?

>With
Yes?

Me, obviously

I'm super excited to be creating my VN, and I love it very much.

So why am I not working on it?

You need instant satisfaction and creating isn't instant enough for you. Your project will either fail or take tripple the length in development if you do not correct your behavior.

Ask yourself that question.

This. Though really the hardest part is starting. Once you start you shift from imagining how great your VN will be to a working mentality and it gets easier.

No. Definitely not you.

>shirt and tie

Thanks doc.

:(

Why haven't you licensed a hip indie song to close out your VN yet, /evn/?

If I make a dating sim set in a US college, and none of the romance options are black, or maybe even just all white, will a lot of people protest?

I don't think many people will complain. You might get a reviewer who expresses slight disappointment, but that's probably it.

You'll get the special snowflake who will curse you to death and your dog while demanding POC love interests. Just make your LI's hot, guaranteed success.

That's assuming you get a lot of people to look at your game to begin with, senpai. One thing at a time.

Racially homogeneous games are haram.

>tfw I actually want a dating sim with stereotypes like the jock or the preppy set in US

Not a lot of people, no. Depending on who you target, you might get a couple of complaints or requests. As long as you're cool about it and don't get your hackles up, they'll move on.

Lots of games don't have black characters and most of them don't face any trouble over it. A vague disappointed "aww" is more likely than an outcry.

I don't.

> Not wanting to fuck a cute jock inside the changing room

I thought the final release fixed the alignment, but they didn't update the Steam screen shots to show it. Now they plan to have a new textbox. What do you think of it?

Here you go. A good chunk of the other BGs in this game are Uncle Mugen edits.

Imo, that one is worse. The text is way too small, and the words cut off in a way not suitable for extended reading.

what is with that tight-packing of too many words and hyphenation at the end of lines?

The MC's VA stepped down.

Stargazers will now have an 18+ version.

It's been a surprising news week. Hopefully Toko gets an 18+ version too, since a VN about a succubus MC not having ero seems bizarre.

Any good evns in the Steam Summer Sale?

The truth cuts deep.

i'm happy

I'm happy that you're happy!

I'm happy for you being happy for him being happy!

Where is everyone?
Were all of the /evn/ devs brits?

I'm sad you're both happy.

>brits
Why? What happened?

leaving EU

D-does this affect my indonesian flip books?

If most are, it's pretty early for evn devs to be up at this hour. I'm just a lazy night-owl, but yeah I'm watching the brexit news.

guys

SO LONG FRANK LLOYRD WRIGHT

why is everyday so fucking boring

Why the F key at the bottom right of the textbox?

already? gee

I guess now I'll join the third worlders. If the pound tanks a bit more, I'll be able to charge the same as them as a freelancer.

I must either learn to manage scope of projects or mcfucking kill myself

Racism.

Stupidity, mostly.

The left banging on mostly about racism instead of dismantling all the lies that the Leave camp (See: we'll give 350 billions to the NHS... Oh, wait, we never said that!) was spouting is one of the reasons why Remain lost, the Pound is now sinking and no one seems to have a plan on what to do next.

Well played.

I'm not blaming either left or right for the xenophobia, BOTH of them have been pushing that angle for so long that this result was fairly inevitable. Everyone's been wanking on and on about immigrants for years, to the point where all sorts of people who don't know anything about politics, haven't heard anything about the details or the lies, are firmly convinced that the country is under attack and needs defending. Even Corbyn went on television and stated that immigration could not possibly be controlled while we remained in the EU.

I mean, I'm sure it's possible that some people voted based on the thought of money instead, but I never even heard the claims about the NHS until after the fact. All I ever heard was control-of-borders and control-of-our-own-laws.

Pound sterling is making a recovery already. It's higher than it's low points from feb atm if I recall.

Honestly, you can call stupidity but ultimately you don't know if we'll be better off or not, and it's what the majority of people with half a brain would have said before too, we just don't know. You can't tell me if we remained we would be better off down the line because it's uncertain.

I think it speaks for itself that a lot of people are concerned with immigration, if that's the countries feelings so be it, there's also the market to consider and laws we could not enact or laws we had to abide by because europe.

Oh well, life will go on as normal, even if fearmongering is afoot.

Are you really surprised people want off Mr Schultz's Wild Ride?

I rest my case

Does anyone know when Love Ribbon is supposed to come out? It was a welcome but unexpected announcement from Razz.

What was your case user

>Uncle Mugen
If their BG artist is a Filipino using SketchUp no wonder it's shit.

My poor pension

JP plans to review Burokku Girls store.steampowered.com/app/443980/

>Those pixels
Nah I think that's just a shitty paint over man. Which makes it worse.

>searching out bad tiddy games to write """""""hilarious"""""" bashing reviews
when will he finally kill himself for attention

ACE Academy's final release is currently planned for late August. We'll finally get to see the finished project that used to be Kendo Crush. Now we'll get to compare it to Sunrider Academy.

> romances are available
> not of the characters are hot
> why do they do this

That screenshot guy is almost attractive, could become attractive with good writing or voicing. On the other hand the voicing on the trailer is annoying,

Arthas go home

Any devs here going to be effected by Brexit? I think Winged Cloud and some other devs are in the UK.

i am but fuck knows what will actually happen

soooo anyone played heirs and graces?

Not with that art.

I really don't understand the art complaints, the art looks fairly nice to me, though obviously tastes vary.

It just sounds so boring, that's my problem

Please don't include voice acting in the game trailer if your game isn't voiced. It just feels like false advertising, since a trailer is supposed to represent the actual product.

Do people prefer partial voice acting or no voice acting? Full voice acting is too expensive.

Everyone has an overbite, and the eyes are soulless.

Are there many English otome game players out there who are NOT tumblrweeds/SJWs?

This is the kind of thing that I'm concerned about.

Either one is good.

Despite absolutely everyone saying that this fear is a complete overreaction?
Enjoy your persecution complex.

> making an otome game
> knows nothing about the playerbase

look at this guy.

I probably won't even touch evn with english voice acting, cause dev has a bad taste.

What does the typical otome player want?

Partial voice acting is really awkward in a pure VN, it feels buggy to the player if voices come and go whenever.

In a hybrid game where it's more obvious which parts can expect voice it might work better

To be double-stuffed with really big cocks.

Twincest. Preferably with redheads.

So otome players just want Harry Potter self insert fanfiction?

Definitely.
Also beards. You can't go wrong with beards.

A doormat main character and abusive love interests.

They say they don't, but that's what sells.

Just look at all the threads saying that Dogcage is the best love interest.
Or don't, since that might involve doing actual research instead of going off vague stereotypes and rumors.

>going off vague stereotypes and rumors
If that many people say it, then it must have at least a grain of truth.

It's like when BL fans complain about rape but love Dramatical Murder.

>If that many people say it, then it must have at least a grain of truth.
Also, all men are rapists.

>If that many people say it, then it must have at least a grain of truth.

No, it's a case of "loud minority". People that complain about "muh diversity" in otome aren't your client base.

In reality, EOP will buy any game that is not absolute trash.