/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

STOP DYING edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv (embed)
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM (embed)
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7 (embed)

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
pastebin.com/yfTBRhid
moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/omg-its-unplayable
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS (embed)

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA (embed)
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

previous thread: →

Reminder to add the OP-2 pastebin next to the OLR one: pastebin.com/yfTBRhid

MONOLITH
O
N
O
L
I
T
H

i've tried getting into the series twice now and on both occasions i found the game to be buggy and not fun at all.
what am i doing wrong?

You probably aren't used to games that are THIS different. Also if you bought clear sky you've already made a huge misstep for getting into the series.

Also S.T.A.L.K.E.R. isn't necessarily a game about fun for fun's sake. There's an ever present depressing and dread filled atmosphere and experiences to be had.

how to fix this and the task names also missing icons for pso scope and other items using ao3 and warfare

Seems like a lot of interesting upcoming mods are for CoP. Makes me happy, since gunplay seems to be better in that game.

Fix what? Looks fine.

i'm all for immersive games but i played soc and cop and was not impressed at all.

How?

how it says esc_smart_terrain_2_12 I assumed it was missing text

I dont think it's a big deal in all honesty

didnt mean to make that a spoiler lul

Nah theres just not really a list of smart terrain names for every level that I'm aware of. If you know of one I'll definitely add it in, or if someone wants to help me with naming smart terrains that'd be cool too.

As for the task strings, delete gamedata/configs/text/eng/st_quests_general.xml.

It isn't.

anyone know how to remove flinching when getting hit? really not a fan of it

live

how would I go about renaming them if I was to think of names for them

what the fuck is up with op-2 and its hyper lethal bandit hit squads?
where the fuck is ammo if it's so expensive everyone can only carry like 4 bullets around despite shooting constantly for days?
where the fuck are all the artifacts, like those black power things i apparently need for this newfangled ridiculously expensive repair system?
how the fuck am i supposed to amass cash if artifacts are rare and everything sells for jack shit; do i just rush Rostok as soon as getting to the Bar and hope Sakharov pays better?
why the fuck have i not found any way of finding stashes other than getting people drunk in return for wasting all my precious vodka, poisoning myself with alcohol, and maybe getting a single stash on the other side of the world every once in two hundred attempts?
why the fuck do i keep playing this slavsoup in the hopes that some day the pain will give way to something better

sounds like a case of git gud

>page 10

Whats up with the AI in CoC? They spot me from ridiculous range, through bushes and all, and proceed to fuck my shit up. How is this even playable?

>One weird trick to suppress your RPK-74 with "bread"

The series is about as niche as it gets, don't feel bad for not liking it. Very possible it just isn't for you.

Some goofus changed the values in a patch. Enemies can now see through boxes and shit.

Im just a shitter in the swamps, but the military just bursts me down through those reeds and fog like its nobodies business, how is this even remotely fun? I really hope they ungoof it then, even though i dont see anything about it in the changelog.

>how is this even remotely fun?
it isn't

>Can't get anywhere in CoC because I always get sidetracked by firefights, then loot everything and bring it back to my stash

You could try extracting m_stalker.ltx file and messing with the values. transparency_threshold is probably the one you want to increase.
I might take a look at it tomorrow if I'm not too busy.

How much does the steam version fuck up mods with CoP?

I tried something with visibilty threshold or something, but that didnt seem to change much so far

I haven't had any issues with steam and CoP mods

There's one under stalker_vision_danger or something like that. That's the section for enemies in combat. I think it says in the file that values over 1 will make them blind. That's a good place to start from.

make a map with all of em on it then post map with names and we'll ridicule them.

Il give it a try tomorrow, thanks!

page 10 again

I started playing today and that's been my experience too.

Merc vs Bandit vs Loner war in Dead City was fun as hell though.

Playing Clear Sky right now. Are there any other high tier armors that can be upgraded to have 5 artifacts or am I just stuck rocking the SEVA

Bumpski

Playing some autumn aurora 2 and just got to the bar. I'm walking around and going up buildings and wondering why the devs didn't put more loot stuff in the game. Like make half of them stashes you can find and the other half stashes you find off bodies. I've beaten SoC twice and I always wonder why the devs didn't promote actually exploring.

Hey WEREJEW hows the fixing bugs going?

see

I see. thanks

Because then you get the CoP effect of trivializing everything after you've played it once and know where shit is

So I fell into the Misery meme, and liked most of it, but there's so much shit in it. Garbage econ, shitty items, you already know. Heard that 2.2 is being worked on, but there's no word on release. Is it gonna fix any of this garbage? Think someone mentioned playing Misery 1.x, is it any good?

please please please reply

Sunrise Suit

>not plaing cs+ao merge
>not wearing glorious upgardedNBC or skat

Been curious about this series for a while. It's all on sale on steam right now. Is it worth buying or should I just pirate it?

You should check the OP for repacks of the game.

isn't the garbage economy like half the reason people play it?
That and the gunplay is what i like about Misery

I liked the base idea of the class system, and graphics are nice addition.

On the other hand, I thought everybody hated the economy. What kinda masochist enjoys selling 10 half-broken guns, 2 grenades, and a mine to buy two sausages and half a health-pack?

To be honest, i wish more mods had a tough economy. maybe not misery level, but i like having to work for gear a bit.

I'm not sure if the economy is one of the more liked/disliked features, in all honesty. I think it's cool, but you only really feel it in the early game.

I haven't really played cop that much. Something about it really turned me off.

The way i see it, vanilla CoP is weaker than vanilla SoC. but CoP is more polished overall so mods can do more with it.

I did like playing misery and coc but my toaster couldn't really handle either. Even after tweaking and performance texture packs. I really should get a job.

To be fair the game isn't exactly well optimized. especially with big mods like CoC or Misery.
Performance issues with those mods are fairly common. happens to me at times.

Either a map like said or make some text file or excel sheet and do something like esc_smart_terrain_2_12 = rookie village. I figure for at least the clear sky levels I can pull a decent amount from TFW.

Hey Werejew, if it hasn't been brought up, the Glock17 (at least) indicates its' fire mode as 2-shot.

Huh, strange. Thanks, just fixed it in my working version.

How's it going, werejew? You mentioned you had some real-life stuff to get done before you could start working on firearmstew again, so I hope everything's good out there.

I thought I should report some little things that I didn't find on weapon_sheet while I'm here. The Hi-Power's tactical reload animation is complete bollocks as you can see in the picture, while the normal reload animation seems to be fine. Something seems off with its texture as well.
The PB Makarov's suppressor seems to be nonexistent in the files, as when I tried to open a stash I got a stack trace: that said something along the lines of 'could not open file sil_6p9'.
The AK-9's icon is that of an AK-105, I noticed.
The G3's world model is tiny, just like AO3's G3 world model. I'll upload a pic if you want.

Thought I might as well upload that picture anyway. Pretty sure I didn't confuse it with the G3A3 by the way.

Alright I picked up the bundle last night after ages, started playing SoC now, can I have some general tips since im pretty much new as hell to the entire series

read the OP

use ZRP if you are gonna play vanilla.

>PB Makarov

Fucking stop, jesus fucking christ, just stop. Who the fuck perpetuated this retarded fucking bullshit? It's just PB, ПБ, Пиcтoлeт Бecшyмный, Silenced Pistol. Calling it a fucking Makarov is the same as fucking calling AK and stg44 clone -- they are two different fucking guns that only look similar.

gun autism

Woah woah, easy there autismo, I just typed it that way for the sake of clarification.

>Makarov PM
>Stechkin APS
You're fighting a losing battle

Can we please stop calling it an AK, it's an AKM people, get it right. #ohmygosh #gunsamirite

hey jew just wondering about the warfare mod, how the settings work; is it possible to make opposing factions invade other maps and skirmish with other a-life? is this the aggression option in the menu? cheer man

Are you retarded? Makarov PM is bearable, because it was actually Makarov who made it. Calling PB a fucking Makarom PB would be like calling PM a fucking Browning PM. Jesus christ, kill yourselves. PB is a completely different pistol made by a completely different guy.

>Makarov Makarov's Pistol

Nobody cares man. Come over to freedom. We got a little somethin to help chill you out. You dooty guys are so uptight. Just live the zone brotha, live the zone.

>LE GREENTEXT XDDDD

Learn to fucking read first, you goddamn mouthbreather.

>you are wired and cannot sleep
>wait 20 minutes irl
>you do not need to rest
what the fuck is this shit

What are you talking about?

>have energy drinks 3 ingame hours ago
>wait 2 more ingame hours
>do not need to rest
>apparently im too well rested to sleep despite not sleeping for a fair while

Any news on armoursoup

Play on Stalker difficulty

> Playing CS with SRP + AO.
> No emissions in 15-20 hours.
> Suddenly two right next to each other.

wot is habbenin

Tester user, post that spreadsheet again, please.

So in the cave level is the player character supposed to be invincible? I'm guessing it's a dream. I didn't get out because I can't run it well. My fps hit like 5 with grenade explosions.

Go to Agroprom underground after midnight and check the hallway with the electras.

The great debate
STCoP vs AO
STCoP's got the RPD, and PKM's you can actually upgrade
But AO's got neat unique weapons and the proper calibers for them.

memesoup

>Implying we'll have a universe to reside in by the time it finishes

That's why included the "meme" prefix.

meme yourself cyka

PTRS WHEN!

Never ever.

Last time I've been there was around a year ago, and you were spamming this shit non-stop as well.

One. Fucking. Year.

You do realise you could've done it yourself already?

Why is /sg/ full of worthless pieces of shit?

Fuck off Koma you gigantic fucking faggot holy shit.

It actually stoped for quite some time, this is the first time it posted this in a month at least.

T.Victor

T.Loner

Not on Stalker and higher difficulty you're not. Spawn levels in the cave are tied to difficulty along with a bunch of other shit all over the game. If you get stuck, you can do to rookie and murder shit. The grenades you get work great on Stalker difficulty, just chuck them down that final tunnel.

upgrade your potato

Is this really niche? Seems standard to me.

Clear Sky's emission system is such that every time you change maps there's a chance for an emission, and this chance is higher the further in the game you go.

I edited the files to use Alundaio's settings and it works a lot better now imo, I haven't felt cheated in a long long time. REMOVE FOG and you're set. The zombies are still bullshit though, hitting you from a fucking kilometer away.

moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery/forum/thread/omg-its-unplayable