/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

sexy aunt edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous thread:

Nice choice

What is Madeleine's dialogue after you save her from the Dragon?

More importantly, what's Reynard's dialogue after Grigs is kill

>"Thanks for saving me now buy some shit"

He says something like
> I was going to kill myself but then I met you :3

From what I understand, Madeleine is an Arisen. There are webms to prove it!

wat

> he will surely post the webms and pictures, just give him some time

Like cockwork

make mercedes webms

I'm not the Madeleine

See!? The evidence stares you in the face /ddg/! Madeleine is an Arisen!

i post a lot of webms and screenshots, senpai

Brexit soon brother

Barnaby > your whore waifus

what are some mods that aren't stupid shit? Even something that makes the game prettier

just go to nexus and see what interests you. There's not many but quite a few are decent QoL improvements.

You guys picking up anything on sale?

There are graphical overhauls called ENBs that make the game prettier. Resonant and Ruby are probably the two most popular.

A few mods that tone down the bloom effects of certain light sources, a cosmetic change to armor here or there. Other than that, there isn't a great deal I can think of off the top of my head. Search through the Dragon's Dogma nexus if you want to investigate on your own.

I'm playing Banner Saga atm

DMC4, probably.

I'm watching this on the news atm. Kind of curious how it'll play out.

Played a bit of VA11-Hall A but I guess some things were broken in the latest update.

for MK better to start as a fighter or mage?

fighter. Mage has crap stat growth, and it doesn't hurt to practice perfect block timing since MK's has a delay.

Is the pawn system worth buying the game over? Even with the sale, the player number is still quite low

I'd say the pawn system in conjunction with the way the game works around said system is a viable reason to purchase this game. It genuinely is like no other on the market right now.

Among other reasons to buy the game, yes. There may not be many players but there are still more pawns than you would ever hire. They don't go away because people aren't online, and you can hire or shill pawns here with good success.

It's a singleplayer game, it doesn't matter how many people are playing it, you'll get the same experience. Even if players aren't active their pawns stay in the rift for you to hire them, so it's still worth getting. Only problem you might have is a lack of players hiring your own pawn, but you can just shill yours to /ddg/ and get rents here.

>Turn shadowplay off
>Cool shit starts happening
Every time

Whoever it was that hired my pawn, Sabina.

THANK YOU. You are the best!

Yeah that's me, I actually tried to upload one of them with that comment but the image limit was reached.

It is a shame that they couldn't give each npc unique end game dialogue for being a beloved but I'm honestly surprised that such minor npc's, like the owner of an alehouse that isn't even involved in any actual quests, were given so much dialogue in the first place. It really helps the Gransys seem like part of an actual world inhabited by actual people. I think it's this attention to detail and setting that makes DD one of my all time favorite games.

Hope she was helpful!

>mfw my pawn is learning to hindsight strike during dragon roars to evade instant death
i..i'm so proud

I like how there's an in-game tool for setting up sweet screenies, really wish more games did it. But is there a way to get rid of the DD logo?

there's a mod for it

Is it possible to tweak the stat growths of specific vocations a bit?
I want to go with a warrior, but that hp growth seems too harsh on top of being limited skill-wise.

I feel honored

There's a mod for it in the screenshot info on the sticky. Its's easy to set up so it's worth trying.

Madeleine best girl.

Those Magick Medals really paid off huh?

About to start for the first time (sort of)

What do I need to know

WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS

>mfw I see a manlet

WHY IS CONVERTING MY PS3 SAVE SUCH A PAIN IN THE DICK?

Can anyone make any sense of this gobbledygook? Or perhaps even walk me through the process THINLY VEILED SPOONFEEDING REQUEST.

If I use the japanese voice mod, will it mess with online/pawns in any way?

Aelinore 2nd best waifu because you geto to cuck the duke

Selene best waifu because pure as the driven snow and also threesomes

Prove me wrong

>no eyebrows
>best

closest to best is either shegoat or jewtits for sure

Should my pawn be a cute girl or a cool dude?

Cool dude would definitely be more unique, but a cute girl will get you more hires tbqh, even in a Rift saturated with them.

cute dude

Mercedes is for bullying, not waifu material. Madeleine is more like a magpie than a human, with her love of shiny things like gold.

Best waifu remains Selene.

Make a stronk cute girl. Or a girly boy.

"Cool" dudes just smell.

>shit opinions in waifus
>shit opinions in top tier pawns
move along nothing to see here

>thinking Mercedes is good waifu
>only hires dude pawns
ser arisen pls

Have fun.

If you have any questions about quests then come and ask us about them.

Mage vocation has the worst stat gains in the game. Sorcerer is decent though.

Post pawn.

>good
I said closest to best, not good
they're all shit

Pic related

oh no you DID NOT just say that

Selene still best DD waifu, rest are pretty shit though i agree

>not just waifuing your pawn
how does it feel to not have pleb taste desu. seriously lot of characters in this game don't have a whole lot of development for me to get attached in any meaningful way

That brings a more serious question to mind - why can't we actually romance our main pawn? Ashe did it, pretty sure the Duke did too.

Would be kind of weird in all honesty. It'd be like going out with a realdoll or something almost. Like they wouldn't hold any romantic conneciton to you whatsoever

Error: Neither File is a Dark Arisen console savegame.

Except it is. What the fuck am I doing wrong? I have followed the instructions to the letter.

Pawns can't really feel love at that point of the story anyway
It would be no different from romancing a pet.

A pet that may be extremely physically attractive, but a pet nonetheless. It'd be like a step above a 2d waifu
like a 2.5d waifu

>worst stat gains
>same 11 points per level as everything else

Wut? I mean, yeah, Sorcerer is just better (13 points per level), but other than that and Magic Archer, everything grows at 11 points per level.

I guess. Though it seems Olra got that same soul thingy done to her, which explains how she was able to love. Duke might not have been all tied up with his pawn, but still relatively sure it was her he sacrificed to Grigori.

It's all so weird.

>2.5D
They can only have sex horizontally?

Duke might have killed his pawn off, or otherwise gotten rid of it

best not to question these sorts of things

Ah shit, I meant to quote but I guess we are all talking about the same thing anyway.

Yeah, it would be pretty much a slightly more complex 2D waifu but a waifu nonetheless, especially since you, the Arisen, make her however you want.

It could make sense if you could romance her after she starts becoming human, like Selene but in the ending we got that's just not possible.

>play game for the first time
>about an hour in
>completed a few quests
>slip off a ledge and die
>realize I haven't saved manually once
>choose retry from checkpoint thinking it autosaved when I left town
>start from the very beginning right after picking vocation

what the fuck is this checkpoint shit if the game doesn't have checkpoitns

PS4 remastered edition when?

The game actively tells you the checkpoint is inns and stuff, but if you just hit "retry" it loads the last save in general. Usually select that option.

what's the point when it's on PC?

Not being a disgusting faggot mustard.

PC attitude lol

Your /v/ is showing, friend, perhaps you should go back there.

So no word on a PS4 release?

So I finished the game a few nights ago for the first time, and decided to try out a specific build for my second character. I'm going for a Mystic Knight.

In this pic, does it mean I change to Warrior as soon as I hit Lv. 25?

It would be great to see, but no.

>In this pic, does it mean I change to Warrior as soon as I hit Lv. 25?
It means you need to level up 25 levels of 10-99 as a Warrior

Bummer. Welp, see you lads.

I'm an idort, calm down. I just don't see the point when the best version is already available.

Don't tell me you have toasters in the year 2016..

Do you guys use any specific mods?

>first PC elitist
>then income elitist
>'I-I'm not an elitist!"

Kill yourself, but send me your computer first.

How was I being elitist exactly? I asked a perfectly honest question as someone who owns a PC and PS4.

I dont want to ask what he best vocation is, because I want to play in a way that I think is fun.

But is there any class or playstyle that undeniably shit?

Not really. Just less fun.

Mage.
Late BBI 2.0 as Warrior is pretty bad, especially on Daimon. But it can still be good, even great if used properly.

I haven't played in so long that I don't understand what you mean. My mind is screaming that I do know, but I cant figure it out.
What do you mean.

God fuck I need to play again.

Gransys Texture Improvement Project

DDDA Japanese VoiceOver Project

Don't Blind Me

No, not really. Mages/Sorcerors are sort of a pain in the dick to play.
Fighter/Warrior can't do aerial combat or kill magical enemies (ghosts/living armor). Warrior has better damage while in the air, through virtue of his basic attacks, but the limited air time reduces the viability somewhat.
Strider destroys every fucking thing under the sun except the aforementioned magical enemies.
Ranger is excellent for hunting down the Reaper/Death, and fares well against any airborne enemies.
Magick Archer is undoubtedly the most well-rounded class. It can dish out physical and magical punishment very well, and at any range.
Magick Knight is the king at staying alive while simultaneously maintaining some decent area control. It also has some ranged capability, and a really good movement skill.

Now will anyone help me convert this motherfucking save file?