/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

OC edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15.

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=240255.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for benis

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Warwolf is the ultimate mod

Wait for butterlord

does anyone have PoP v3.611 that they could upload? i want to export my character out of there

what makes it so great? i started it up as a noble and everything seems bloated as fuck

why does every town and average joe have 5,000 army troops? are these just flavor? the game was also really laggy during the first battle

>tfw will never have a fully complete Warwolf with perfect translations

anyone played this? it's pretty fun

yeah

There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in Mount & Blade modding, such as the strikingly realistic classic 1257AD or its Japanese counterpart Gekokujo. Warwolf will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Warwolf, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.

Superficially, Warwolf appears to be a mod which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "feasters of butter" are, they fail to realize that Warwolf is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Warwolf pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.

As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Warwolf would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of Mount & Blade modding for centuries to come.

I was having great fun playing as a Cossack but the game bugged. I could easily look up the problem and fix it but it just completely killed my buzz. I'm tired of playing around getting modded games to function.

the first battle is a clusterfuck of like 500+ men so your PC may just be shit
Or it may have that weird .0005 FPS bug - a restart fixes it. Or you can enable the "disable equipment drop" option in the mod options

The Army troops are an abstract measure used for scaling, battle advantage, extra food/maintenance costs, and for looking cool by saying "I command 10,000 men" rather than "I got 140 dudes."

There's a lot going on and it's explained rather poorly (slavshit doesn't help), but it's a lot of cool stuff.

playing on champion atm, only things i don't like about it is some of the VA is a bit eh and it's locked at 60
it's fucking great otherwise though

Yeah it's got a twist at the end.
you kill hera and zeus and then you become the god

all this rolling looks like 2 amateurs playin smash

Nope, I can do that though

Thanks LoliAnon.

If you wanted to go one step further you could add in a (Game Considers Male) for each female "races".

Is Warband the best M&B?

also why am I so bad at it

>not historically accurate phalanx combat

shit

yes

git gud

mostly I end up too broke to maintain an army
Or I get dead-ified in some bullshit war or other.

read the noob guide in the OP
join a faction as a merc and rape villages for quick bux, set up enterprises in towns for the long run

>rape villages
>sacrificing the most important currency in the game- relations- so you can get a pittance in denars and loot
are you retarded

R8 my knigga

Don't try setting up a kingdom until you've got a silkworks in every city, at the absolute least.
Better would be some upgraded vassalage holdings that you've defended long enough to reach Rich, ideally all in about the same area and linked to the same town/castle (which you also own/take ASAP).

Also, don't fall into the trap of stockpiling a gigantic army in your castle prior to rebelling. It's a major money drain and it really doesn't help as much as you'd think. Just pile up enough that you can fill your party and have enough left in the castle that it won't fold to a stiff breeze. Invest in Pathfinding and just run back if the castle is sieged. Just playing out the battle gives your troops a boost compared to autocalc. Huscarls and crossbowmen are your friends for garrisoning.

>UK votes out of EU
mod when

never had a problem with relations when I devastate Swadia
lords with low relation don't join you, obviously

>pittance
could build 100k if I bothered and kept hitting villages at a constant level, would only take 3 months I reckon

>relations
you only need good relations with 2 or 3 villages and that will be enough for your whole army
besides, why would you ever want to recruit from villages with cultures different from your own faction anyways

mod of what you square
2022 post-apo where UK's leaving caused the collapse of the EU, massive riots due to social unrest, and then WW3?

>that font
awful

ye

Early game the best thing is to take missions from lords to destroy bandit hideouts. You get a decent amount of money and experience, and the bandit numbers scale with your level (while the reward is always the same). Don't go after Sea Raider landings if you're inexperienced, though.
Gangs of Glesga

Original shit-player here. Why wouldn't you? I often got nords for infantry, swadians for cavalry, the green-named ones (its been a while) for range (crossbows with tower shields).

>Early game the best thing is to take missions from lords to destroy bandit hideouts.
bad advice, raiding villages is easier especially if you're using a mod that allows you to stop mid-raid if a Lord shows up for quick hit-and-runs
about 7k on average per village
you could also just pick appropriate locations and times for raiding
destroying merchant caravans to train your men and yourself is what I normally do, caravan guards do fuck all damage and die pretty easily, especially if you mass your men and let them crash into them

Just a heads up if you don't know.
Being at war with a kingdom will make any units from that kingdom in your party crash your morale.
IE: Being at war with The Kingdom of the Nords makes your Nord troops hella mad/sad.

These swords look pretty good.

The morale crash isn't as bad as he makes it out to be. You can check it in party morale report.
As long as you make even a feeble effort at keeping morale up, you'll be fine.

That...explains so fucking goddamn much. And here I thought the cross-nations thing was helping me from being too easily countered.

also what swords

Not those swords.

These swords.

You know what grinds my gears about Napoleonic War?

The Grenadiers don't have fucking grenades. Seriously, it's in the name, people.

Fuck France is off to a strong start in this game (1429). Right off the bat we've made peace with Brittany and England, and are focusing all our attention on Burgundy. Two cities and a castle down, hot damn.

Now if only Charles would give me a fucking castle god dammit.

is that soul calibur?

>overdesigned fantasy shit

Bannerlord is going to be shit because no Napoleonic War

YOU COULD ACCELERATE THE GODDAMN TITANIC TO A 100 MILES/HOUR WITH THOSE PADDLES HOLY SHIT.

>45p

if you think that's over designed, then you obviously haven't heard of the tragedy of WoW

Grenadier was mostly a title by the 19th century, they didn't usually carry grenades.

What mod?

TERA

Phantasy, PooP and AKEK are the only mods I could think to use them in. Are there any other fantasy mods besides those?

vanilla was the only time where there were alright models
i dunno about acok because it tries to be """realistic"""

How easy is it to mod this game?

I want to make mod of my speshul snoflakk fantasy setting.

pretty easy if you aren't trying to introduce new mechanics and have the patience to look up the manner in which you add/create units, factions, etc., otherwise you gotta get creative

What setting? there might already be assets out there for you to steal.

Wait for bonerlord

Don't say that. Learning the basic now will make it that much easier for when bannerlord comes out.

does it have mod support/dev kit or something?

sort of a low fantasy thing. I write in the world from time to time. Draws inspiration from Warhammer Fantasy, Conan the Barbarian, and The Witcher(inb4 pleb/cuck/meme/whatev)

It has giants called Gargans that stand at least twice the size of a human man.
elves I call Elzani because lol im so unique

The mod would probably have to redesign the game except for mechanics from ground up. Mayhaps I'll just rip assets from the game and plug 'em into Unity.

Go to the archive and download the latest module system thing it starts with "mb_warband_module_system", poke around with that and look shit up in the forums.
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=240255.0

that wouldn't be very hard to do

Yeah, the module system.

The hardest part about making that mod would be trying not to die of boredom
That is a lot of text editing.

Low fantasy the best for Warband. If you wanted to have actual magic I'd recommend using Phantasy as a base as it already has magic, necromancy, faith & sneaking mechanics.

Isn't the big selling point to modders is that they are getting rid of the module system?

He asked if there was one, not if it people liked it.
I think there's some sort of community-made version of it with fixes and everything.

You realize the post he was asking that question to was talking about Bannerlord right?

Oh, my bad then.

FINALLY FOUND DIAO CHAN, THIS FUCKING SLUT.

where

god job user you may fuck her now

Pingdingchang.
I'm serious, that's the fucking name of the town. She appears at night, I believe but it doesn't hurt if you look for her during the day.
By the way, if you recruit her then Lu Bu will hate your guts.

That's the plan.

what is this i dont even

Is there anything after around 300 in proficiencies? I'm past it in one handed, bow, nearly there in two handed, and am now working on crossbows.

I think it caps out at 699.

weapon master only helps up to 480, the cap is 699
the assistance proficiency gives doesn't cap out, it'll keep helping just like with points in str or agi

Where are you charging to? The end of the map so you can retreat?

An enemy bugged out while I was hunting down stranglers. Stayed knocked down so my can couldnt kill it, and the archers just shot over it. How many arrows do you think this is?

in other news, Brexit happened

Are you riding a Tiger?

WE BREXIT NOW LADS

TIME FOR SOME 1257

>tiger
>very clearly a shield of arnor
>that ui
Okay, what the fuck are you playing?

I havent found the armored wolf yet, so yes. The lizard and dragons are op, but way too expensive right now.

Perisno, its ok so far, no real problems with it.

Would you like to see Brittania rule again?

Checck my 50k katana, also called a cloud saber, but it only does 200 damage a hit so... Meh.

>I haven't even put saber in yet as the Historically Accurate™ King of Wales.

You said you werent going to do that tho

Are the assets of good steal-able quality?

We King of Heroes now.

I haven't even put saber in yet as the Historically Accurate™ King of Wales.

No, it doesnt load random stuff but youll never know what, just 7 or so random assets at the beginning of some battles. The tiger gets a random infinity spike pointing in a direction. That knockdown bug. Ive seen literal headless horsemen because the heads didnt load.

the weapons look awesome though

While not even close to their best work, I do still love that album.

see And there is a sword thats on fire in this game. Havent got it yet, and its worse then mine, 3 more damage in exchange for less range. Just spend 20k on a companion so its cheaper.

goooooodbye, bluuuuuuuue sky
Dark Side of the Moon was their best, by a county mile. Brain Damage is GOAT.

I'm not really interesting in fantasy assets though.

I'm going downloading and checking out all these chinese assets because you never know what you will find.

Well there are some good armors, Ill give it that. Even about triples the common folk clothing so things didnt look so bland.

And there are alot more female armors becuae the makes was a girl and wanted some females running around. Can say this is the first game that I joined a princesses army and had her fall in love with me just by helping her in battle.

FUCK THE EU

WE'RE DONE WITH YOU

FUCK THE EU

WE'RE DONE WITH YOU

>DSotM
>Not Animals or WYWH
40 keks

I need to stop looking through assets I'll never even use and get back to work on the patch for GekoNewer.

But I love proctastinating.

The mod has unwed female nobles?

Animals was AWFUL, Wish You Were Here was too short.

WYWH is a full length album, you're just spoiled by the 2-disc Wall.

Also Animals was fucking fantastic, I don't know what you're on about.

We're Hundred Years War French, not modern pussy french.

We're charging those cunting Burgundians off the field.

Yep, even a queen who wont marry you, and you cant go through her for her daughter.

Was this the last frenchman to have balls?

I might have to check it out. What exsactly is Perisno? Generic fantasy? I hear people here complain that there isn't any elf genocide becauce general-gsanders-faggotry.

Its genaric fantasy in a endor like world, but AI elves suck, its all horse archers and archers. Any decent cav force (there are 2 in this world, right next to where both elves start) would decimate them, and I have to replenish my cav archers all the time because they are my meat shields. They might be ok in auto battle though, dont know so it may be that they are good there.

texture user here, I've been tinkering with kenshin's armor and the vest

the armor "plates" color is off but I'll fix it.