Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previously on /tosg/: >Can I play the game now?
YES YOU CAN

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links.

>What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is an action MMORPG with a lot of classes, cute hats and autism grinding.

>Can I play the game now?

>Add-ons
github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager

>English patch for kTOS
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/general-ktest-thread/124575/645

>Servers
- kTOS - Server : Vakarine (Upside down "A" in gookspeak)
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA), Fedimian (EU), Telsiai (SEA)

>Official Translation Project - github.com/Treeofsavior/EnglishTranslation
Helping in the translation will speed up international server updates and remove unwanted machine-translated text. There are also rewards for contributors, further explained on the github page.

>/tosg/ Guilds info
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena/Silute, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.
>Klaipeda
Futureproof (Lolipan)
FOE (Jinsae)
Clover (Karga)
Cake (DeliciousCake)
cute (Hiraku)
CuteNotLewd (Plasmagica)
Empire (Louvain)
TakeItEasy (Moonie_)
>Orsha
Soon, think of a cozy name for the guild
>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)
NiceBoat (Tello)
>Telsiai
Comfy (Katzenberg)

Other urls found in this thread:

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/eehwj181vu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Threadly reminder that Comfy is comprised mainly of pinoys.

>head under the skirt
Lewd!

daily reminder not to listen to pyro shitters memes about being better than elememes

BIG FAT KABBALIST TATS

And you don't have 1000 matk. you have more. And then you have elemental damage bonus plus other buffs.

FC is only good to quickly clear packs of mobs in pve, thats it.

>And then you have elemental damage bonus
That's actually a point against Pyro, there are more fire mobs than ice ones.

Sorry for the newbie question; What do full-support Clerics go for in terms of stats? Full SPR with a touch of CON? Does INT affecting Heal have any relevance?

Thanks.

Please do not lewd the kabbalist

full str

And flame ground is good for what exactly?
>sucks at pve due to small hitbox
>sucks at pvp cus lol just walk out of it before sleep ends and take less damage overall compared to frost meme
>sucks at x
>sucks at y

You keep saying frost cloud is ONLY good for x but flame ground is literally good for nothing unless they release r8 within this lifetime (hint: they won't) but even than you still need the new r8 skills to be worse than flame ground.

rip tos

>FC is only good to quickly deal 200k damage instead of waiting for 40 seconds of flame ground to do the stuff

FG is a good spell as a complement to fireball only.

Ideal setup (like thauma, circling and shit) pyro 3 wiz 3 > wiz 3 ele 3

New players are already delivering

We need Flame Ground vs Frost Cloud meme image like with Zaibas vs Frost Cloud.
Maybe Flame Ground vs Zaibas vs Frost Cloud.

See a Wiz3Pyro3 at world boss.
Someone casts Rain.

Who /new/ here?

Pay respect to your senpais.

Depends on what trees you take.

Priests enjoys SPR the most, Chaplain too. Krivis support Zalciai benefits from SPR, While Zaibas sheer damage enjoys int.

Diev has no status relevance, Boko debuff mdef enjoy spr, but damage is int and so go on.

If you're going priest 3 or priest 3 chaplain, spr is very important, otherwise...

Int helps heal, but the important thing about healing is the % it heals, not that flat amount.

CON until you don't die in one hit
INT scales with healing too, but as a full support it shouldn't be your main stat

It depends on your build but assuming Priest, yes.
INT scaling on Heal isn't that amazing, you don't need it.

So are we finally getting new players? Can IMC unfuck this game?

>fell for misinfo agents - defense does nothing
>suffer through spion archers the first character made
>second character gets to spion archers
>true info agent tells the truth
>get lvl 220 plate gear and shield
>spions literally do 1 damage to me
thanks real deal info agent

Noone? Anyone even slightly interested in the game is already playing (or played).
All we get today is new bots. Yay!

Everyones too autistic arguing about damage formulas right now user so all the newbies are being scared away by the autism.
welcome anyways

I'm talking about elemental damage gear like Arde Dagger.

People make entire builds around that one memespell which is only good for grinding.

At least pyro has other viable damage dealing spells.

See Elementalist at world boss.
Someone casts Reversi.
Someone casts Capture.

Fuck that, go full INT with at least Krivis2 for some Zaibas action.

Planning on going standard Priest3 Chaplain for starters.
CON until comfortable then full SPR; Is that a thing?

No-one ever said def does nothing, this was literally argued just last thread user you sperglord who can't remember stuff from 5 mins ago.

The argument was that def is NOT a flat reduction which it really is, its just that def is done before all the other calcs like user already said

Enjoy your fresh new bots.

You can't fool me, doomposter, I know we got lots of cute new players as soon as the game opened up!

Defense is flat you bakas!

((Monster Attack - Player Defense) * 2.5 * Attack Type * Elemental Property) * Level Penalty = Damage Taken

I had over 600 defense with the priest buff and they were still doing a shitload of damage to me.

I was using full Roxona +3, Tower Shield + 3 and the 17 Priest buff from a pardoner.

It's really sad when Paladin, a class with ONE minion skill, is a better minionmancer than Bokor, a class with FIVE, SIX if you count Damballa.

>minions aren't always decaying, so they don't need a ton of looking-after, and they don't chew up ALL OF YOUR HEAL TILES whenever you do need to heal them
>minions are beefier in general, can actually take hits
>minions dish out more damage in general, and their "your stats give them damage" thing is an attribute rather an an entirely separate skill.
>Even if you don't invest in STR, they're probably doing more damage than a Bokor with full INT investment
>massive minion variety, especially if you take Oracle
>you don't have to fucking kill enemies to get more minions, just throw down your circle and hit them around a bit

Literally the only weaknesses are that they don't count as "dead" enemies in cases where that matters and that they don't follow you from map to map - but honestly neither do Zombies with how fucking fast they decay.

You have a serious issue when your class's special feature is so hard to use that a shitty one-off skill from a class with a completely different theme outclasses it in almost every respect.

>No-one ever said def does nothing
Except that's what lots of people have said for a long time now.
He's not talking about the argument last thread.

tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/eehwj181vu/ Chaplain is terrible btw

Around 80 CON is an average, going full SPR is not recommended since your heals and skills from Priest/Chaplain scale with MATK, that you obtain from INT and since the INT bonus with level is better than SPR you shouldn't invest that much into it but it's still needed, don't listen to

This explains why people suddenly get completely shit on when all their gear is broken.

Yes. Maybe around 20 CON and top up later if you need more health. SPR doesn't come into play until you hit Priest3 anyways

An outright lie or you were wearing leather (since armor type mod).

I and any other user can easily proove for you blue spion archers will deal 1 damage with 600 + def.
Hell theres even a webm of it.

Bokor's zombies aren't meant to be pets.
They're fodder for Damballa.

Also, Conversion is buggy as fuck.

You are the liar, you stupid fucking faggot. It's Roxona Plate. I'm going to go take a screenshot right now to stop people from falling for your disinfo.

SOMEONE TEST IF THIS IS TRUE

what the heck are you on? people were saying defense does nothing from EA unless you were too busy getting fucked by commanderloadfail to realize it

maybe you need to take your pills sperglord.

>The argument was that def is NOT a flat reduction
>def is done before all the other calcs
So it's not a flat reduction? Blessing is a flat increase on a single hit, because it's a constant. If the derivative of the damage formula for isn't zero, then it's not a flat reduction.

He most likely thought you were referring to last thread user

I'm fine with playing a terrible class, it's just that I always default to the 'holy healer' when I start a game and after that I start branching out to other stuff, it's sort of a tradition at this point.

I love Jolly Roger.

Don't fall for the chapmeme, it's boring as fuck.
Try something fun since you can support as long as you have Cleric2.

K-set
Otrava shield
mastery lv 50
aspersion 17

>holy healer
Then go motherfucking zap cleric
Cleric2Krivis3Druid2

If I'm a QS3 who went high STR instead of DEX, is it better to wear a plate set like Grynas or am I just wearing this filthy unwashes cafrimeme set forever?

>mastery lv 50
Why did you post that? Mastery level doesn't decrease your damage.

>lying this much to proove your missinfo

Just wait until the big kToS patch arrives!
Zombies are going to be really strong then, you'll see!

At some point you're going to wear plate since you can't do damage when you're dead.

>defense is useless it's flat reduction
>show it actually isn't the a flat reduction at the end like everybody believed cause MUH MECHANICS.PDF
>damage control it's still flat but reduces the damage by huge % because it's before every modifier without any particular proof
nice desu ne. i said it wasn't flat 3 months ago and all you retards kept arguing it was and only reduced damage by 500 if you get hit by 20k

>i want x-like class
>oh then go y class!!
retard

He won't hit that rate for a long time, you can wear cafrisun up to 240~ with no issues before you'll want grynas

Sorry, I fucked up. I was messing with cloth/leather today. Cloth gains mdef and leather more evasion, unlike plate who scales only the maximum hp. But having 4 pieces or 3 still does something IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong

I'm sorry, I was wrong. I guess I was just taking ridiculous damage at the time because I was underleveled.

It does do 1 damage at 669 defense. Sorry for doubting you.

This formula shows it's not a flat reduction, do you niggers even know basic math?

>When equipped with 3 or more pieces of [Plate] armor, increases your maximum HP and physical damage taken is decreased by 5%.

>When equipped with 4 [Plate] armor pieces, your maximum stamina increases and physical damage taken is decreased by an additional 10%

>But having 4 pieces or 3 still does something IIRC.
It does.
3 pieces reduces physical damage by 5% and 4 10%, but that with even level 1 mastery.

Read above, dummy.

That's why I said "at some point". It doesn't even mean "from level x" either since in some situations he needed to go all plate temporary before went back to usual cafrisun.

>Otrava shield
What's the best shield if I want to anvil it eventually?
Currently using a poor man's Ludas Shield.

Yup, that's it thanks, user. Also, plate gains STAMINA.

>accidentally turn in my fedi warp
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

who can i contact to get into the group chat

>tfw you got namedropped and you can never go back to being anonymous

Stamina is useless for non swords and non monks

>that girl finally knows what happened to her brother
At least you made her some peace.

I'm so sorry, user.

>tfw you wish you picked a different name cause you get name dropped

I started a cleric and am putting points into intellect, heal, and barrier.

Am I making a mistake already?

No senpai, you're a champ, keep at it

Otrava is the second meme shield, it gives some poison resistance but also gives POISON damage, less than dagger but the def and the random block is NICE. I use it also for subzero shield (amplified both by the shield defense ANd elemental damage), it's the best for reflect purposes too

End game shields are: Otrava (meme), Sage Wall (for mdef and spr classes) or the Aias (very high def, gives more block chance [INB4 +2 DISCUSSION] and a nice RNG passive that works nicely in some situations.

Don't waste much money in anything, Ludas is nice early on, beetleback is a noobtrap.

I recomend you to search for a white shield of your level. At 220 there's the Guardsman's shield, 102 def IIRC.

Cleric-Krivis IS the healbot class

>(Attack - Defense)
>Not flat
Holy shit are you stupid?

Anybody want to trade powerleveling?

I powerlevel you for an hour, you powerlevel me for a hour.

>hits for 20k without special modifiers
>get reduced by more than your actual defense value
>g-guys it's flat

he said
>holy healer
>H O L Y H E A L E R
>H O L Y H E A L E R
>not priest
???????????

Depends on how much INT and which path are you planning.
INT heavy is for Krivis/Diev/Sadhu/Druid builds.
Heal 10 (Cleric c2) is standard.
Safety Zone 5 (+the block limit attribute) is bare minimum normally.

Is this the new ERP

>intellect
Ah, the cuteness of new players. Don't worry, love. For your first character you'll most likely reroll. But just keep playing and enjoy it.

Do you think mdef is calculated the same way?

I think my Rodelero can get upwards to 800 MDef, if I go full out on it.

Well, I love aukuras memes but Restoration from paladin is no joke in terms of healing. Cleric c2 Paladin c1 Priest 3 is the top heal memer IMO. Not really a good build but surely does the healing job.

dude when is rank 8 ??????????????????????????? do they plan on killing the game?? madmen

>"We need to reduce output in our product by 10 a pop to save cost. John, can you do that for me?"
>"no problem boss!"
>next day
>"What the fuck happened, John? The product is all fucked up and now it works like shit!"
>"Boss! You did tell me to reduce output by 10 a pop!"
>"So why the hell this happened?"
>"I reduced it at the source, boss!"

That's pretty informative, thanks user.

>I use it also for subzero shield (amplified both by the shield defense ANd elemental damage), it's the best for reflect purposes too
This is some gold information for a new player too, nice.

please tell me who can i message to get into the group chat

>when is rank 8
Next week

Oh no what am I doing wrong!?

What are you on about, retard? Do you not know what powerleveling is?

What's your team name? I'll add you right now.

fugggg, i wanted to be leather wearing pirate for muh roleplaying dual-wielding meme alt

>* 2.5 * Attack Type * Elemental Property) * Level Penalty
>Which means that if the monster attack and the other modifiers are held constant, if you increase your def by one, you receive 2.5 less damage
>This is, of course, ignoring modifiers that could further increase that difference between a variation in defence and the additional damage reduced off that

Do you know what a derivative is?

Did you get who you wanted today, /tosg/?

>800 mdef

How, exactly?

I got 408 mdef at the moment, but I'm using only trash gear and my cloth mastery is level 15.

dvine and rwk