/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #372

"Beanie Max" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10347373
strawpoll.me/10347359
strawpoll.me/10433589
strawpoll.me/10436570
strawpoll.me/10505482
strawpoll.me/10549116
strawpoll.me/10549625

>tfw kate.jpg takes the freedom to reply first.

What happened to him?

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

No idea. His last comic was in October last year. He probably moved on to something that makes bank instead like Nova did.

Max is cuterest!

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that the storm's still coming in Bay ending

Okay.

A Kate is fine too

You silly, bad persons can't be a cute. So we took this freedom to show how horrible person she is :)

>bad persons can't be a cute
Hence why you will forever be hideous, Michel.

Just think, in about a year's time Vampyr will flop and we'll see Michel's :) turn into a :(

If repeating digits, Vampyr flops

Does he even work on it?

>tfw Michel's the only person who's hyped for Vampyr

damn. he's gonna be really disappointed and probably will cry on Mari's shoulders

If it flops so hard of course company's failure affect to him. He's working on Dontnod after all.

Will Mari cuck Stacy with Michel?

Yes

Desu desu

There’s this girl I’ve had feelings for since she transferred in. We’re in highschool together. We’ll call her Max.
Once I helped with her homework (science, she didn't understand what periodic meant), and I worked up the courage to exchange numbers.
We started out texting often, but I feel like I do most of the heavy lifting in our conversations; she hasn’t answered me in almost three hours now.
I’m getting depressed just thinking that Max might be sick, or that something happened to her… Like that other girl that went missing last year, Rachel... (´・ω・`)
Please, somebody give me some advice.

Is she angry because someone welted her between the eyes?

>Please, somebody give me some advice.

SHE DOESN’T LIKE YOU.
GIVE IT UP.

Just get the fucking clue that she isn't into you. But don't worry you'll find someone charming and who loves you as much as you love him (a ginger haired bearded man with glasses)

Well, I followed her around after school just to make sure she was ok… Just as well, I found out she's started hanging around a delinquent. (´・ω・`)

This person is bad news, she smokes things other than tobacco, and seems to have 'Max' wrapped around her little finger.

I'm really worried for her safety. I watched them for a while and Max seems to have abandoned her usual caution. She seems to, um, physically embrace her. That's something she's normally guarded really against. If anyone else tried that she wouldn't let them. (´・ω・`)

I feel I need to act to protect her. What should I do?

STOP STALKING HER IDIOT

>stalking two girls

somebody call 911

Just hypothetically, what would you think if you got a hug offer like that from an ugly girl you don’t have any interest in?

>that pic

Even Joyce's looking more manlier than this dipshit

Kyll yourself Warren

It's really cruel you all seem to somehow think I'm stalking this girl. So just to prove how wrong you all were, I changed my approach and did the responsible thing. I talked to her teacher about it. (´・ω・`)

He was very understanding, unlike posters here. He said I was right to be concerned, and even thought that I even reminded him of himself at my age. (´・ω・`)

Anyway, he wanted me to explain everything, so I told him all the places I knew they'd go to hangout alone after school and the routes they'd take to get there.

He was very appreciative and said he'd take care of things. I'm feeling much better now, since he promised me he wouldn't let anyone else capture her innocence. It's such a weight off my shoulders knowing I did the right thing.

So I found a happy resoultion to the situation, and in a roundabout way it was all thanks to you guys. (´・ω・`)

It is my pleasure to [/spoiler]report[/spoiler] you Mr. Jefferson :^)

If you want to ensure her safety, do this if you can: Follow her to her house and her classes every day.

So looks like I'm gonna need to move out of UK after what happened, where is the best place in America? What was that place called in Oregon that was similar to Arcadia bay?

Just move to Belgium. Brussels would be right up your alley.

But I don't know how to speak French like Michel

Never too late to learn a new language or skill.

>skill
Summon Tragedy I

How to do a good tragedy can very well be considered a skill

Imagination IV

To upgrade to V, defeat the imagination lord.

>friendly reminder that turning off your game at the decision screen is confirmed canon ending

>defeat the imagination lord.

we can't. he took our freedom

Fight him with imagination and take it back

>freedom=imagination

we can't. he took it aswell

Did you ever consider that she knew that person prior? Max used to live in Arcadia Bay. Maybe they used to be friends and were catching back up.

Dude! David Madsen, the Security Guard, just found this guy wandering around places he shouldn't be and acting like some type of spy. I think he was trying to get into the Girl's dorms. When David tried questioning him, this idiot hipster actually tried to pull a gun and fight Madsen (who kicked his ass). Now the Police are showing up.

So I just finished episode 4 and I remember someone in the thread saying the episode goes to shit around half way through. But I enjoyed the whole episode and so was wondering what they meant? The only thing that fell flat for me was the episode ending as 1. Chloe's death has zero impact as you know she'll come back. and 2. The Mr Jefferson twist was very predictable.

>So I just finished....

Ok. We believe you

I just finished typing this post.

The latter half of episode 4 feels worse in retrospect after finishing episode 5.

When I first finished ep4 last July I enjoyed the whole thing too, even though I felt the final section was a little clunky. I was excited and hopeful for the final chapter.

Yeah. I kind of assumed (While playing through and waiting for episode 5) that the end of episode 4 was rushed. But I forgave it and thought it was to set up for episode 5 which was going to be nonstop thinking, feels, using our previous choices to get the best outcome, etc.
I don't think I've ever been more wrong about something.

What locations do you want for Season 2?
I saw Hawaii brought up in the last thread.
Should it stay in the US or go elsewhere? I think an area like Eastern Europe could be cool. Especially if you take it back twenty-five years.

Chicago is almost certain now

That's what I was thinking as the most realistic. Unless more events to gather feedback start happening in other areas.
I just hope it's a comfy atmosphere and not some ghetto crap. Then again, I was surprised when GTA San Andreas did that and ended up making an amazing game.

Alabama.

That could be interesting. Would probably remind me of Forrest Gump.

Kate does not look as pretty as your drawing.

Gods, I'm so jealous of these two... I'll never be that happy.

No one's able to draw perfection.

So by that logic, less pretty = perfection...

There's almost seven and a half billion people on this planet. You'll eventually find your Chloe or Max.

>EVENTUALLY

Hopefully it will happen before I'm too old to enjoy life.

hoers

triggered

Neigh. Not hoers, cuties.

If you ever do find love, you'll be crippled like Chloe, someone's prison bitch like my favorite teacher Mark Jefferson, or old and homeless.

You realize the homeless woman was an alternate Max, right?

I don't know who she was but she knew something.

MMMMM WHATCHA SAY?

Looks like hoerses to me

Right in the feels. Damn you. I did not leave my room and literally cried for days after this. Days.

No. Fuck this stupid Gould crap.

Going to a pool party for a bit. Splish splash.
Have fun, /lisg/

>#372
YOU COULD CONTAIN THE ENTIRE SYNAPOSIS OF THE PLOT IN JUST 10 GENERALS

WHY THE FUCK DO VISUAL NOVELS NEED THAT MANY GENERALS?

IT TAKES UP SPACE FOR REAL GAMES

I'm new to this general but why do my posts keep getting deleted? This isn't one of those generals with a severely autistic member is it?

There is a timeline where Max warned Chloe, and she spun around and blew Jeffershit's brains out.
Or where Chloe ducked, Jefferson shot, and he hit the bumper from Episode 2 and took himself out.

It is.
>REAL GAMES
Your pointless 3D engine showcase is not a game.

splish splash!

The janitor is weird

Off topic
Reported

Now you're just asking for it user... See you in three days :c Don't you no emoji me

I couldn't help it
See you on the other side

>announcing your reports
Enjoy your ban.

>responding to off-topic posts
Enjoy your warning

Farewell sweet user

I know this is Veeky Forums but I was really hoping this was a nice little community as the game is so great and comfy. There always seems to be one or two autists who ruin it. I was in the Bioshock general before and it was exactly the same.