/indie/ - Indie Games general

Real cultist hour edition

Last Thread: >What in the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Bastion, Machinarium, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Sonic Dreams Collection, Dorito Galaxy, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here. Remember to tell just some user and other namefags that use names when they're not needed to fuck off!

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. Besides that, don't forget to play our !!!!GAME OF THE WEEK!!!!* and other indie games to have lots of joy and to make more discussions to our general. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except for namefags.
* - not a thing right now because we're on life support, also because that user is gone now

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dEjk9ey8YCM
youtube.com/watch?v=27zptifntj8&feature=youtu.be
indiegame.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=11
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was just about to make the new thread, oh well.
Also yay for bump limit.

The end is nigh

We ain't gonna live for a while.

How do I get to the generator after I kill gabriel and his men?

Anyone here played Momodaro? It's on sale right now and I'm wondering if I should cop it.

Anyone else playing this little gem? I know it's an /agdg/ meme game but I'm still surprised by how few people I see talking about it.

There's already a general for it, it's a shitty meme game, the only good part about it is the music.

benis

>Momodaro
Fuck, meant Momodora but question still stands.

It doesn't get any more better than this indie-masterpiece, one of the view indie games that don't manage to get boring after 5-6 days, I've played it for over 60 hours and I did not get bored once (sadly I stopped now, due to finals), also, I barely discovered 5% of the overall game's content.

And the skills/stats and crafting systems are one of the most well done I've ever seen, they're diverse and branched.

What does Veeky Forums think?

>What does Veeky Forums think?
Just ask what does /indie/ think, personally I haven't tried it out yet.

Can anyone post the guide to modding LISA by shelbby?
I'm planning on making a mod for painful which cuts areas so the performance is improved and rebalances.

Look a lot like the old fallouts
I have not played them myself but i want to
This game looks interesting but also looks like something that would make me want to kill myself in rage

Game is good, overated but still good

>tfw you kill buffalo van kike before he can stop the fight and join you

>Another Arkantos OP
I\m honored
The way people do it is go and kill Gabriel and Oliver first, then go stock up on resources by killing random enemies like, etc... If you done all that, take some Joy before the fights, it'll make you take less damage. You can also cheese the game by doing the boss rush first.
You could have done it before killing the angels, you get to it form one of the crossroad's doors (the sewer with the Punkert-like joy mutant)
Here you go

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

>tfw shelbby naver did more requests here
>tfw dworver always post his request from /utg/ on his tumblr
>he never post the ones that he did here
>he will never love us the same he loves /utg/
>and Welp is probably on the shadow realm or something
fug

Pretty sure they were just busy drawing for the fanzine, and dworven is also drawing for the plantfucking general.

i am on the plantfucking general to
Dworv only did 2 pictures but they are not actual requests, the pictures are fucking top tier tho so who cares, he is pretty based
about drawings. Fuck, i need to get a drawing tablet or a scanner
pic unrelated

I know.
Didn't you get banned for that spider rape picture? I was hoping you were.

no, that picture was not really nsfw
i posted that on /v/ sometimes when i want to shitpost, its not really a problem
specially when the thread had a webm of a guy getting his dick cutted off
>I was hoping you were
i-i am sorry

B

youtube.com/watch?v=dEjk9ey8YCM

>>tfw shelbby naver did more requests here
Perhaps I'll do more sometime, I've just been lurking for a while is all :v
I can drawfag and take requests later if you want. But I can't now, I'm at work.

>and Welp is probably on the shadow realm or something
He's currently been busy, he's been working on an animation pitch.

I'd say get them. They're both pretty solid little action-platformers, Reverie Under the Moonlight especially.

(You)

Take your time dude, and sorry if i sounded like an asshole or something on that post
I just wanted to make a silly request

(me)
(You)

I only played a bit but I enjoyed it much more than any other classic-styled RPG. I'm a Fallout fanboy though.

I'll get back to it one day, likely before any other western RPG

Someone a thread or two ago was asking about the __'s Call in Lisa. Theyre all using the motif of Siren's Call which was the main theme of Lisa the First, and when God's Call or Father's Call are played besides the menu there is usually a thematic relevance.

The MC walks so fucking slow. Its not as bad the first time I played it but its a pain on second runs

Will I miss out on anything if I dont buy the fanzine ASAP

Latest Arkantos update and general news should be in the OP. The archive search rarely works and is down right now

It's got it's own general, I guess, not that generals mean anything.

I'll just say that it was my favourite game of 2015 and probably one of my favourite games of all time (in the top 5). I loved the gameplay loop, the combat, the subversions of its mechanics...

I think the reason why I rank Undertale so highly is because it was a very tightly paced game. Something interesting was always going on. It's pretty great when you can praise a game for constantly throwing neat stuff at you.

I'll be revisiting Undertale in October (one year later) to see if it holds up well.

I try to recommend Underrail to anyone I can. It's biggest point of inaccessibility is the character creation system, which can be intimidating for any newcomer. I'd recommend new players to look into character creation guides- they usually help. After getting past the initial bump Underrail can be a knock-out experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=27zptifntj8&feature=youtu.be

Eh, I like it.

No.

bump

>Welp is stuck on the shadow realm.
Good.

Midson don't be a bully

Still reading though the tutorials, but I took a gander at Lisa's database in the meantime. I like how dingaling gave Shocklord an abyssal luck stat. Also, I think TGR * 200% means enemies are much more likely to try to attack Shocklord over allies.

bumpbyumpbumbpbubmbubbjbbkabrwlsjopicafiahsdoif'ifsdg[iparg[ipearpsig[psg'snf'perdpxgipsrdfgpiersgperg'jerg]joergj'paskdg

>tfw you follow an indie dev on twitter, but then they start posting political opinions which you disagree with

I'll torrent and give it a try.

>I'm planning on making a mod for painful which cuts areas so the performance is improved and rebalances.

That's great. Some of the maps are too big (motocycle zone, the snow zone, etc) and I have a hard time playing on those ones.

indiegame.booru.org/index.php?page=forum&s=view&id=11

This link has links for the mediafire and an RPGmaker torrent.

That's because Frisk is a little fatty, just look at her sprite.

Could you post updates here? I don't see them in the OP, and I want to make sure the thread for mods on the booru is up to date.

If Ding kept Rick as a party member, his weapon would have been a boomerang.

bumparinho

Yup, 1.0535 is the latest update

I just got the Joyful but it's been a year and a half since I played the Painful so some of the feels and happenings of the game are a bit blurry.

Should I replay it or just go on to the Joyful?

Boomerangs suck shit, yet another reason why I'm glad we got Terry.

bumperinho

potassium

bump

Arkantos is pretty good

>tfw never be a rise of LISA-likes on the indie game scene

Dashbores rips off lisa so theres that

I don't see it.

Isaac and frogs gangbang when

Games like LISA take too specific of a type of mind to create. Someone who's both creative (and very skilled at making good games to boot, rather than just some shitty edgy newgrounds trash and calling it a day) and highly insensitive rather than highly sensitive. Aside from McMillen and Austin Jorgensen I don't see a mind like that appearing on this scene more than once a decade or so.

At least we're getting Ninja Tears.

thx bro

what

mgfvnjgvj

STOP BEING SO FUCKING DEAD DARKEST DUNGEON ENTER THE GUNGEON AND BASICALLY A LOTTA OTHER SHIT IS ON SALE WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT IT

DAMN IIIT

someone explain how heirloom trading works I don't get it

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa21

All these indie games!

I CAN'T BUY ALL THESE DISCOUNT GAMES! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Darkest Dungeon
I really wish I could get into that.
but it's always
>do one major cock-up
>realize if I want to start over I have to go through those boring as shit early missions
>uninstall
is there anyway to just give me eight or so dudes and let me go at it right out the gate or something

I've been buying a lot of indie games but it'll be awhile until I play them

bump

we're busy playing our new games

No one asked you shit.

>/indie/ general
Are you affiliated in any way with /agdg/?

there are some people here making games but nah

Not really but whatevs

Has anyone else here played Fran Bow?

I bought it during the summer sale after playing the demo a couple years back, ended up enjoying it a lot. I haven't seen a such a gory point and click since Harvester.

Is it worth getting right now? It looks pretty fun

It's really good honestly, especially since it's not really the edgy sorta horror. Heck one chapter if I recall wasn't even that horror based. It feels like it puts story above horror for the sake of horror, which is nice.

>mfw playing Joyful immediately after finishing Painful

The drop-off in writing quality is distracting and immediately noticable. Joyful's opening scene is seriously terrible. It goes overboard with trying to make Brad look like a bad parent. Him being painted as a negligent but well-intentioned drunk in Painful was far more interesting than him having Buddy straight up murder a guy.

For me it only showed weakness after lenny luigal's gang fight, the change of the passive fighter of Brad to the Abrasiveness of Buddy was off.

It's worth getting most def.

Austin "Dingaling" Jorgensen
Toby "Radiation" Fox
Finn "Karbonic" Tanguay
Miles "Tails" Prower

The holy trinity and Karbonic

Lolis and nice, not "SPOOPY JUMPSCARES XD" type of horror. What's not to love?

Maybe it could be considered a bit expensive.

I didn't enjoy but I can see a lot of people more lenient with the genre getting into it

how right is this?

>trinity
>five games
Pretty bad Tbh

Trinity isn't four!

that's the meme

Everything is right except for the trinity part

I believe in Dingaling, and that's not because he's Aryan. I don't see race.

Polar bear

Oh neat, instead of becoming a Failure at the end of the game, Brad was originally going to become a Somebody.

They added a new system to upgrade your wagon to get guys at level 1, 2, and 3. There is also a town event that lifts level restrictions for one mission so you can let a strong guy go with your noobs into the dungeon.

I defeated Oliver and Gabriel easily, why is Big Grape so difficult? Any tips?

>not posting the full image
wew my lad