forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Play Snake on your SamsungEproduct of choice today:
mwomercs.com/viper

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

mwomercs.com/huntsman
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=382&l=86e92d157166174391d261df516cbe8faa5768e1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

update for command wheel when?

pitty titty "I wanna cum in Kitty" bump

rip thread

also rip pound

That Goose Kitten looks quite neato. I wish Gauss rifles would be a little more ... intuitive.

Instead of point and click it's point click and let go.

nth for steam sale.

Updated Steam Grab Deal with unique Steam camo and colors never.

is MAG any good?

Massive Action Game, MAG? Yes.
Modular Attack Vehicle, MAV? No. It's horrendous.

is kong finally DQd?

So, has anyone seen the variants for the Huntsman and do we know the slots it can take? I see people theorycrafting about it, but can't find a source for the slots it has - other than using Sarna.net and extrapolating from the variants posted there.

No, matches they show up with 7 players just count as automatic losses.

Blame eurokong.

mwomercs.com/huntsman

It literally says what omnipod hardpoints it has.

>mwomercs.com/huntsman
... I should have scrolled down. Sorry. It's my first day.

>it was these guys who're all on the reserve bench's fault.

Filling in as necessary is the job description of a reserve.

>Want to play robutts
>Quickplay and have fun
>realize there's nothing more to be done here

Would it really be that hard to add new game modes

Like 4 deck quickplay matches, or 8vs8Or at least more visual effects or explosions

The Academy shooting range has totalled explosion mechs and effects

Dead games.

ded thred

They're redoing assault mode to have an actual asymmetric battle with one side defending a dropship. Should release in august maybe.

New guy here, I've been playing around with a the Trial ebon jaguar and it's really fun. It's got 2 medium pulse lasers, one heavy laser and a Gauss cannon. How good are Gauss cannons in the grand scheme of things? It's felt really satisfying so far to blow people's arms off, or drop a shot on a light's cockpit and watch it drop immediately.

Goose is great even though it used to be stronger.

Lots of players don't like it or have issues with the charging mechanic even though it only takes an hour or so to get used to it.

It complements hot energy weapons perfectly since goose makes no heat.

I kinda like the charge up so far, the sound is rather satisfying and if someone plods out of view, you can just hold it another second and it cancels the shot so you don't waste ammo. Would running 2 on a mech with some medium or heavy lasers work? It seems like it might be a little hard to fit enough ammo for longer battles.

Don't mean to sound like a sperg but for posterity's sake heavy lasers and large lasers are different weapons in BT.

Gauss rifles go well with large lasers, though. They're high heat, and gauss are low heat consumption. Though the best combination would be large pulse, medium lasers, and goose.

My bad, what's the difference between large and heavy lasers?

Heavy lasers aren't in the game yet so don't worry about it.

Not too many mechs can run double goose but it is incredibly effective since both shots will usually hit the same part of the enemy.

If enemies have a weak spot such as an open side torso you have the ability to surgically hit it.

30-35 pinpoint damage is also enough to wreck lights in a single shot assuming they took some damage or you hit them in their rear.

It's also enough to headshot most mechs assuming they don't have full head armor and even then you might get lucky enough to get a crit chance (close to a coinflip in odds).

Lastly, you can ignore the downsides of hot maps and have no problems with standoff fights either.

I was just giving the trial dire wolf a try with double gauss and it really wrecked some people, but I am a little skeptical about the gauss being on the arms. What kind of hard points can hold gauss cannons? Is it Ballistic?

I should add that head hitboxes on most mechs are quite tiny and aren't their actual heads. The atlas for example is just a part of their left eye. I think the player's guide has links to hitbox info that you can look at some point.

Yes, it's ballistic.

There's two things to consider with gauss. One is that the weapon itself explodes for 20 points of damage if someone hits it when your armor is stripped in that location.

The other is that if your gauss are widely set apart like on a King crab claws, or in a Dire Wolf arms they might not necessarily hit the same body part on a small target if it's moving and you're tracking it.

Is there a mech that can hold 2 gauss on shoulder or chest slots? I think that would feel nice.

Warhammer and Kodiak can both do it. You could do it on a mauler too but they are as slow as dire wolf and it's not a strong build on them.

Is the catapult still able to hold double gauss?

You can run a 2 goose + 2 ml build on a catapult K2.

So when you say warhammer can do it, do you mean the 6R or BW? Because I like the game so far, but I don't know if I wanna drop money on it yet.

I mean the 6R as 2 goose + 4ml.

The black widow is almost entirely used in 4xAC5 build or 2xAC5+2UAC5.

Thanks for all the help, one more question. Is there ever events where you can get paintjobs and things without paying cash?

Sure. There are events usually every other week. What they give out varies a lot. Sometimes cbills, sometimes a color, sometimes premium time, sometimes a mech bay, sometimes a champion mech.

Anyway, if you need more detailed info or once you're ready to try playing in group you can hop on the mumble. Harabec and Whispers are the best people to ask.

I might, but I already have my own mumble I chill in with my buds, so I don't know how 2 voips at once would work.

ded

Hurry I'm on a deadline here.

The new frozen city is pure unmitigated cancer, did we really need a map to complete the unholy trinity of shit with polar and alpine.

>one side gets a fortified city and places to hide with tons of cover
>the other literally gets a barren frozen wasteland and they have to walk across no mans land to actually get in range of the enemy
:)))))))))))

Hmm can I upgrade a robot's tonnage? Just with 2 Guass and the engine my Warhammer is almost at it's limits.

>Highlander 2C after patch
>all these Phoenix Cuckhawks for the slaughter
>mfw

Goose mechs typically run an xl engine which weighs a lot less but takes more space and makes you more vulnerable.

>I only know how to charge straight at the enemy and blame the map if I can't

Use ferro fibrous / endo steel. Lower armor where no weapons or components are. Take a smaller engine. Other than that there is no way to raise the tonnage of any mech.

>i like sniping metagame

How many 60 to 90 day phases will it take before they unfuck the phallus hawk?

it's already great vassago
find the builds that work and then work at them
the 3S is probably the most rewarding mech i've ever played

>falls for the pig's memehawks

You could have prevented this

Reminder that if Brexit could happen, so can Grexit.

REMOVE GREG 2016.
How is the Highlander better now? Should I buy one? Is it time for the Memelander to return?

Ok guys, how fucked is this for a double Gauss build?

Checked.

nice

/gbfg/ here, fuck off

Memelander IIC now has THICC armor quirks and it's become one tough cookie to break

it's as fucked as you get

>B with 4ssrm6 and bagel probe
>tfw shittershattering phallus hawks and locusts

Th-thanks
Well this is my first build and I have 0 idea what I am doing, mind elucidating me on my mistakes? Am I too slow? Should I upgrade the engine and shed some armor?

This is fucking painful to watch

>no ammo in the legs
>ferro instead of endo
>excessive back armor
>singles instead of dubs
you could also through off some of the armor in the arms for more tonnage though you probably shouldn't since they make for good shields

>through
throw*

Should I move the heat sinks somewhere else?

did you guys win or lose

We won, that guy got the Kodiak to run out of ammo and a Jagermech that had 2 LRM 5's left couldn't do anything to him. The dumbshit wouldn't stop letting the bear try to ram him though.

Is this better?

kek, reminds me of an empty lurm catapult trying to kill a 1 mlas archer with arty and ramming

Why the FUCK does the roof in crimson strait have holes. Again I fall down the fucking holes while shooting at some goddamn faggot in the distance and get raped by millions of assaults that came out of the tunnel at the same exact time I fell off. For fucks sake you can get caught on all the random shit on the roof or slip off the holes or slip off the walkways or anything can go fucking wrong.

XL 245 is a shit engine, XL255 minimum or bust

get double heat sinks

use mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

Do you guys play robot games other than MWO anymore?

MAV is on sale and I have an extra key if you fags want it. It has to be redeemed on the developer website though.

twin uac 2xlpl + med las highlander is top meme

>xl 200
>ferro over endo
>singles
>too much gauss ammo
So;
xl295 or 280 depending if you want 5 or 4 medium lasers
50 shots for gauss (5 tons, 2.5 per gun)
Strip left or right arm depending how many lasers you have, strip both if you got only 4

>2xlpl + med las
>not triple lpl or 2lpl + erppc

Good luck without going below xl325 or stripping sinks (which is bad as even my build with 21/22dhs runs really hot)

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=382&l=86e92d157166174391d261df516cbe8faa5768e1

m8 it's a clan assault in MWO, you're going to be piloting a mobile sauna whether you want to or not.

Sauna builds only work if you use Gauss with it

So here's the deal with Ferro and Endo:

Endo is always better, always. They both take up the same amount of crits, but Endo has better weight savings, always. The reason for this is Ferro is one of those cost-effective compromises in the original tabletop. Some robots use both endo and ferro, but the heavier you get the less that's going to be true, unless you're a Clan mech which use Endo and Ferro that take up half the slots of the IS mechs.

Double Heat Sinks are also a straight upgrade over Single Heat Sinks. This little fact is the funtax of the game. Every robot you ever use will need DHS, and unless it already comes with them, that's 1.5 million extra cost to kitting out the mech. It's shitty but that's just how it is.

Your engine is much too small. Engines have an internal amount of heatsinks built into them - you may have noticed if you try to remove all the heatsinks you have mounted in that thing it will tell you that you need 10 minimum. That's because all engines below a 250 rating are missing internal heatsinks, and they lose another every 25 rating. I should note that these heat sinks are unique as well when they're DHS - most DHS aren't true double heatsinks in the sense they don't give you 2 capacity and 2 dissipation for every one you have, they actually tend to have values around 1.2 to 1.6 for those (depending on tech base, Clan and IS are different). Built in engine doubles DO give 2 for each though, making them the most powerful heat sinks you can have.

Also, for every engine 25 points above 250 rating you get an extra slot to place a heatsink in the engine without it taking up critslots. These don't give the benefits I mentioned above, they're normal DHS or SHS or whatever and not engine sinks, but they don't take up any crits. In short you want a 280 or 295 as someone else said.

Also your back armour is too high, cut it in half. You won't need more than 8/10/8 for back values.

>dhs is a direct upgrade
Incorrect. If you can fit enough standards they cool heat much more effectively then double heat sink

The only build I've ever seen that work with is that meme banshee build with 40 SHS. Go be retarded somewhere else.

>it works here
>but it doesnt count
kk

>It's a "Harabec acts like an asshole for no reason" episode

>>>reddit

It's only for a tiny fraction of meme builds and nothing people run actually benefit from it, but if we want to go this route then it's particularly potent for Clans to gain capacity with rather than gaining dissipation

I'm not here to cover every tiny possibility considering that post hit the character limit as is, the fact remains DHS is mandatory for 99.9% of builds that you're going to run

>it's a "doesn't-know-who's-posting" episode

Just embrace the fires of hell senpai

2uac10 is dank though, I can see why Kodiak-3 is so strong when it can bring 4.

The Banshee SHSbuild is actually really strong though

GOD CAN WE JUST BAN THIS GUY

Everything is actually really strong in tier 5.

Yes but the real 5lpl or 3lpl5med is stronger :)

Nope
Nope
Nope

Fuck you noob baby boy you know nothing

I've been playing for four years. I know a bit more then you.

YOU'RE a KLORD? I didn't vote for you!

4 years and still in the underhive? I guess it isn't just an exp bar.

I'm a KLORD, NOT a DRUG LORD

This is actually the best part of crimson strait. Just watch where you're going, it's not rocket science.

>last person alive on my team vs last person alive on their team
>I'm a heavy
>he's a light
>he's just running between cover faster than I can keep track of him
>pops out behind me for a sec or two and zaps me with his lasers and runs off again
>literally 10 minutes later succumb to little zap attrition trying to pin him down
What do I even do in this situation? It's a god damn nightmare. I have no hope of keeping up with him and since he traverses the map so fast it's hard to predict exactly where he will take his next potshot from.

Terran Hegemony when?

1. Back up against a wall.
2. Wait for him to poke.
3. ???
4. Profit!