/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/hepht
imgur.com/zyDGRN6
i.imgur.com/bsd5C5I.jpg
i.imgur.com/z442MB3.jpg
i.imgur.com/XXqREXh.jpg
i.imgur.com/hXcL4If.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>let the thread die edition

It dropped off 30 minutes from the last post, nobody saw that coming.

sardine

Do i main my tamer or my plum lolg?
>tamers fun and cute
but
>my plum is geared, high level, and good.

Please.

memes

Everything about your post is rotten. This is not /lolg/, make your own goddamn decisions, and stop misusing spoilers while at it.

>>tamers fun
I wonder

>This is not /lolg/
Did you even read last thread?

My bad, it's hard switching game mode.
fuck you on the spoiler thing though, thats purely opinion and will be tossed in the trash where it belongs.
Tamer or plum mother fucker.
fun for sure, good? probably not.

Okay, fine, I'll give you that, there was a joke there that I missed. My bad on that one.

Eat a dick.

pick one

>Give players a great character creator
>Most characters are garbage.

bump

90% of everything is garbage.

Ok there, Sho.

Most people don't really care about such detailed character customisation and would rather just play the game.

Also opinions and all that.

But they don't just use the default, the actively make a horrible character.

Opinions.

I see quite a lot of defaults/slightly tweaked defaults running about and I think a lot of them probably have a 'nah fuck it' moment when they realise how difficult it can be to find their way around the CC. Not everyone is prepared to put the time in.

Yeah all of my characters are slightly tweaked defaults lmao cc is hard

There's only a few characters I like
out of the probably thousand I've seen

This is normal.

ump

Is it possible to get knocked off your horse in PvP? And if so, does knockdown/bound resistance affect the possiblity of getting knocked off?

>great character creator
what???, this is the shittiest character creator ever, just having infinite options doesn't make it good, everyone looks exactly the same or a fucking alien

>im bad at it so its shit

I didn't even post my character, don't be a retard

>he actually thinks the character creator is good
lol...

that user isn't wrong, either everyone looks like the default character with a few slight alterations or deformed monster

sorry for telling you the truth? I'm sure your character is very nice

Holy shit grinding is so fucking easy since this last patch. Why the fuck is Daum gutting one of the few challenges this game offers us?

see

LOL post your character then

>defending BDO's character creator unironically
why

Did you only spend 10min in the creator, you should probs play around with it more before claiming it's good, the characters themselves look good in this game, but the sliders and options in the creator leave much more to be desired. I wish there weren't constraints on proportions, but oh well.

> (You)
Here's your reply I guess, since you aren't actually going to actually discuss the character creator with me and instead just call me bad over and over again

pic related you may as well actually make fun of me too, now post yours pussy

Because they don't have a clue what they're doing.

Do people still pretend this game is alive?

WEW LAD GETTING CALLED OUT BY CATFAG

GET FUCKED user

>the only person with balls to post their character and their opinion is a fucking ERPfaggot

I barely ERP in BDO, the community is too bland for that, but the game is fun

I'll debate you friend. I'd disagree with you when you say that it's the shittiest character creator ever since that's just plain untrue. It is extremely limited, yes, but for what it is, and the genre it's in, it's pretty damn good. Really, there are AAA RPGs with worse creators than BDO.

I agree with that, my issue is how everyone has a similar base face

what I love most about the creator actually that I haven't seen in other games is all the different sliders for the body, I really enjoy just messing around with it from time to time and seeing what my character looks like with different proportions

In an ideal world, we'd have a selection of different face meshes to choose from for each class but I can understand why they didn't go that route.

I like the body sliders too but my biggest issue is the lack of a head scale slider which really limits what you can do with the body. I've been complaining about this from day one. Part of me wishes that they'd just unlock everything, remove the limitations and let people go nuts with it

I guess they are afraid that people will just make abominations, this game was hailed for having a great character creator and amazing looking characters before it came out, if there are just tons of screenshots of ugly ass characters because there were no limitations on the players, it might not be healthy for the games image to outsiders that might want to play it.

But at least there are mods that let you undo that stuff, so its at least optional I suppose.

Do witches have cavaro set on KR?

You could always make an abomination though and there are already ugly characters out there, even with the limitations. You can do some crazy shit with the eyes, nose, mouth and jaw. But sure, I know this is why they don't unlock it because you'd have people running about with no heads or stupidly small/large bodies.

>lag
>game suddenly loads me half across the ocean away, back where I was 20 mintues ago
>my boat is still in the spot where I was at the time of the lag

try whistling for your boat

And instead of ignoring him you avatarfag and reply baiting for drama. You must be bored mate.

Look who's baiting for drama.

>drama
u wot

No I am not baiting for drama and this will be my last reply for that.

nobody wanted to see your shitty character anyway

this general is so patheric

wwwwwwwwwww

Agreed

is the game as dead as the general ?

no

Hardly. Veeky Forums just attracts the shitters and retards and thus the generals tend to be trash.

How did this game survive in Korea when they had to wait longer for Mediah and Valencia?

They fucking love grinding for shit.

Can I join in?

would rather you didn't

You don't fit in at all, no space for you.

Will Daum close the IP access for the EU server for us brits?

UK accounts might be transfered to RU servers, theres talks happening about the decision

We have kuinochi too?

I like your eye color, friend

Your legs remind me of this.

probably because you're fat

Nah, it wasn't meant as an insult.

Last I checked in the mirror I had abs anyway.

>child bearing hips

>just hit 56 on my musa
>starting to get bored of playing him
>want to remake a warrior or zerker
fug

>Wizard will be a pet/summoner class
Guess its time to reroll

What? That's plain wrong

The awakening has pets and PA literally stated that it will rely on summons. Whether you like it or not, the class will be a summoner.

Only question is if its going to be perma pets or ones that disappear after a few seconds.

>kind user gives me his version.dat file yesterday
>finally able to play game
>after about 5hrs a message pops up
>File corrupted pls try repairing at launcher
>no option to do so
>look it up online
>most popular recc is to rename version.dat file to versionold.dat etc
>try it
>doesn't work
>search for other methods
>try those
>don't work

so at what point do I kill myself for blowing $50 on 5 hrs of waifu simulator 2016

>awakening has pets
Orbs aren't pets as far as I know
>PA literally stated that it will rely on summons
I'm going to need sauce on that one

after turning off your firewall and reinstalling the game fresh

I don't believe it's a coincidence that you slut it up so close to one another

ERP logs when

imgur.com/a/hepht
This doesnt look like Orbs to me.

>source
Then go on Inven

I already did that

imgur.com/zyDGRN6
i.imgur.com/bsd5C5I.jpg
i.imgur.com/z442MB3.jpg
i.imgur.com/XXqREXh.jpg
i.imgur.com/hXcL4If.jpg

I don't think musclefu is even on the same server as I am?
At least, I thought he was on Orwen since that's where the ERP is at

>forgot about windows firewall
FUCKING BOTNET LET ME PLAY MY GAMMMEEEE

fucccckkk, alright user I'll try again, but if it doesn't work I can kill myself right

definitely

thanks

That is one healthy body right there.

Have you tried running the game as administrator? That alleviated all my technical issues when I first started playing.

yes

rip