/mmg/ Mega Man General

Gay Robots Edition
Thread No.89
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic and Manga links
Archie
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/mega-man/

Mega Man X scanlations
drneko.com/scanlation/rmseries/index.php

Novas Aventuras de Megaman in English
web.archive.org/web/20120601135528/http://opentrain.199xchan.org/?page_id=28

Translated Iwamoto Rockman X3 manga:
mediafire.com/download/izq53cce369o83f/RMX3_manga_part1.rar
mediafire.com/download/7zy077auo502lec/RMX3_manga_part2.rar

Megaman X2,X3,X4 - Iwamoto Manga Raws: digitalmegamanworld.com/Rockman-X-Manga/

Final Chapter of the Iwamoto Rockman X1 manga:
mediafire.com/download/rrs47k206pj6aol/MMX_CH13.rar

pastebin.com/iqg7uBU1
Master Paste of translated fanmade 4Komas and Short Mangas made on Pixiv. Regular updates.

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/v0GtF8wD
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
youtube.com/watch?v=57JXaCsWY4c&list=PLHZZIc85hoGogta1t8aJHDwbgOZ2pnKNb
Ruby Spears Playlist

anime.megamanonline.org/
Contains episodes from Rockman.EXE, Ryuusei No Rockman plus other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=laiSpoBtruw
Mega Man: Upon a Star English Dub
>We have a booru now! mmg.booru.org/

Extra links! (contains archive, extra booru links,etc. Will be updated as needed or suggested.)
pastebin.com/dKht8TLP

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!lFdwyajb!0ncWJi6ccQsKEF3ZRcl0ul81WAOxH-LmFxmMTHG34kU
mega.nz/#!0RxEQKLY!3G-3THWRcQGBntNSwdoTfPDddu8uAbLY1uONwA7WBes
forums.therockmanexezone.com/topic/8886349/1/
mega.nz/#!ZdoQ1KLJ!pr9uirDAC1awergwBL1HCkhcRVEsoNxLl3nWHOZ75yE
dropbox.com/s/rvrbie85rv3atpk/MMPH0.6.exe?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mighty No. 9 is the best
I love Megaman X7
I thought X6 had amazing level design
Megaman Soccer is my favourite megaman game.

Hey man, Megaman Soccer is alright don't you go putting it in with that group

Don't forget to buy the DLC!

Ray is actually a lot more fun during the stages, and fosters a much more speedrun-focused playstyle.
Bosses are hard, since your HP bug will usually take you down all the way, but this is a decent way to encourage you to perfect all the bosses.

The No.2 power is broken since the shots disappear on exiting the mode.

I'd be curious to see anyone mod the game to put Call in all of Beck's stages or play as Beck in Call's stage as well

Mind if I add this?

EXE 15th Arrange:
mega.nz/#!lFdwyajb!0ncWJi6ccQsKEF3ZRcl0ul81WAOxH-LmFxmMTHG34kU

Full MMBN Manga:
mega.nz/#!0RxEQKLY!3G-3THWRcQGBntNSwdoTfPDddu8uAbLY1uONwA7WBes

You know, the whole Mega Mini design and deal kind of reminds me of Bat Mite.

Anyone got the same vibe outta him?

I never even knew Bat Mite existed until now.

He was also in the Brave and the Bold cartoon.

That Batman was hilariously ironically 60s, I wish the upcoming Mega Man cartoon was ironically 80s (minus Bad Boxart design).

Go right ahead
More Battle Network is always a good thing.

Rockman.EXE 6: Falzar translation patch!
forums.therockmanexezone.com/topic/8886349/1/

Wait, what, why?

Did the game have a ton of cut content or something?

The entire Immortal area, around 1/3rd of the Undernet, a good bunch of BattleChips and an entire scenario was lobotimized out in the American and European release.

They mostly had to do with Boktai, but god damn fighting the Count of Groundsoaking Blood in the MMBN battle engine is fun.

Not terribly much. The stuff that was cut was generally inaccessible to people overseas anyhow.
But included with the cuts were some oddities. Undernet 3 was cut out, along with Graveyard 1.
Undernet 2 just went straight to Graveyard 2, which was renamed Graveyard.
Alongside that, the Immortal Area, wich contained the Boktai sidequest, was cut, along with most other Boktai content, aside from the normal Gun Del Sol 1/2/3 chips.

Content cut that was inaccessible overseas anyhow included Battle Chip Gate and e-Reader Modcard systems. BN4 and 5 had such systems as well, but they remained in the game data in overseas versions and could be partially accessed through gameshark codes.

Oh, and the whole Graveyard area was removed from the US/EU version of the game too.

Man, anyone else have fond memories playing this one Megaman, I dunno how to describe it, fighting game-y sort of thing on fucking BYOND?

God that program was a piece of shit but that was actually pretty fun despite that horrible horrible engine.

I wouldn't say that's "not terribly much", that's a good bunch of removed things.

There was also the system that allowed permanent Navi Changes. That was part of the Battle Chip Gate system. If you had a certain Navi chip, you could go to AsterLand and swap MegaMan out for that Navi.

Graveyard 1 was removed. Graveyard 2 remained.

What brought this on was that I remember playing as GBD was a blast, forgot to mention that.

It's "not terribly much" when you consider that most (I'd argue half) of the removed content was inaccessible anyway.
But yes, removing Immortal, Graveyard 1, and Undernet 3 shortened the post-game considerably, I agree.

Onimusha Blade Warriors? Or what do you mean by fighting game-y?

Ah, I get you now.

Still, I'd recomend the patch to anyone who wants to play the postgame and the Boktai postgame sidequest, it's really, REALLY fun unlike the BN4 Boktai crossover.

I also have the manga version of the crossover somewhere in my hard drives, fan translated. Should I look for it and post it?

Found it after a bit of searching, "Megaman Wars"

It's pretty much mega trash due to running on BYOND but I still have really fond memories of it.

>e-Reader Modcard system
That shit was fucking crazy. You could power up Mega Man to batshit insane OP levels.
And the system in 4 let you do customization outside of modifying Mega Man, too, like changing the main UI colours. ..actually I think that was the only thing aside from MegaMan himself that you could change. Phooey.

>Count of Groundsoaking Blood
Pfft, don't you mean HackJack?

That's the name of his lobotomized chip, yes, but I rather reffer by his name to the character and HackJack to the chip.

CoroCoro Comics version of the MegaMan Battle Network 4 - Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django Crossover Battle in English! Enjoy!

This is based on the Boktai 2-side, ShadeMan appears in the Boktai world with a physical body. MegaMan shows up after chasing him and teams up with Solar Boy Django to kill the fucker with the power of the Sun. Sunny D, mother fucker.

mega.nz/#!ZdoQ1KLJ!pr9uirDAC1awergwBL1HCkhcRVEsoNxLl3nWHOZ75yE

PRAISE THE SUN

PRAISE IT

Last sneak pic.

Exposed

Hi Gun M-- C-Commando Man?!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE
GET BACK TO THE FUCKING SAHARA WHERE YOU BELONG, COMMANDO MAN

Forgot trip lol

But you don't have a trip.

Lol you're right

I have come here to assert my dominance over you, Gun Man. Simply put, I'm better than you in every single way. I was designed by official Capcom employees, I have my own stage in a Mega Man game, I even have fanart!
Do you have fanart?
NO. YOU DON'T.
And that's because you're inferior. You don't even deserve the title of "Man", Gun Boy.
LEAVE THIS GENERAL AND NEVER RETURN, HOMEBOY, OR ELSE.

Who wants to bet that it's just Gun Man posting these Commando Man posts?

he can go full commando on me anytime.

Alright let's level here for a second, fuckface.
Firstly, I DO have fanart. And I'll have you know IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS, BECAUSE MINE WAS DRAWN BY A BRITISH PERSON.
Secondly, I might not have a stage, but if I did it surely wouldn't be in the middle of SANDNIGGERLAND and have fucking SANDSTORMS EVERY FEW MINUTES.

As a matter of fact, I was gonna announce something related to that later today. Just you watch, Commando...

It's not me. Why would I do this to myself?

I'm flattered, but I'm also straight.

OG Weapon Master representing, mother fuckers.

Back of the line, peashooter.

Man, this is ridiculously inaccurate to both games and even the crossover stories in them.

Megaman X5 was the second best "traditional" Megaman. First was Rockman Zero

Megaman Dash is my favorite megaman game, followed by Megaman RPG

twist: I'm serious

Legends isn't a bad game though?

>Falzar
Who gives a shit?

It isn't, it did 3D Zelda before OoT so it's definitely flawed, and it aged quite a bit, but to call it bad, no.

Legends 2 was a major improvement though.

People who want the removed content, the full post-game and the chips? Maybe?

But it's Falzar. Don't make me choose between the removed content and playing the real version of 6.

No manga or anime in Mega Man is EVER accurate. Both the anime and manga of MMBN always omit the whole "MegaMan is Hub Hikari" thing despite being a major plot point.

Or having things such as Cross Fusions.

It's still a little neat part of Mega Man's history though, nonetheless. It could be worse, it could be Captain N.

What does Napalm Man know about Zelda anyway

Why not play both?

Stop trying to be intimidating, Shademan. You're not.

>the real version of 6.
The only game in the series that has a real version is 5, and that's Team Colonel. And that's only because 6, either version, relies more on Colenel happening.

I made a couple updates to the OP. The arranged album is already in the music pastebin. I also put the Mega Man artbooks in the extra links.

In the next general, I think I should organize extra links pastebin into two categories to keep it all together. /mmg/ general features and extra media.

When I saw Ganon's Castle crumble I got inspired to destroy 2 stupid buildings.

Because 6 isn't good enough to play twice, especially when the second time is with a dumb version.

Can you add the manga crossover with Boktai to it as well?

Best grunts.

don't be a retard. both versions are equally real.

Wh-Wheeee!!!

That's not Sniper joe.
Sniper Joes are cute! CUTE!

6 is the second best BN game after 3 and about on par with 2 (I'd say 2 is better if 3 wasn't a perfection of it's systems and didn't make it obsolete)

Yes, but still my favorite, while playing it felt like in a 80s anime

I mean Falazr's content is dumb and Gregar's isn't.

Eh. I hear that a lot, but eh.
6 had worse tone and setting than any of the others. Yes, even 4. Could not give a shit about anything in that game. Moving out of ACDC was a mistake. The game was way, way, WAY to easy too. You're way to strong, everything else is way to weak and simple. Christ, even Bass was a pushover. How do you do that?
5 was better, straight up.

Where can I find the most updated version of Mega Man Perfect Harmony?
The main site for it's downloads is dead.
I just wanna play it's co op with my siblings

I actually have no idea, but if anyone finds it, feel free to post it here and I'll update the fangames page with it.

>The only game in the series that has a real version is 5

Well, and 3 Blue because of a VAST difference in content provided because of third version shenanigans.

>Moving out of ACDC was a mistake.
I disagree, I thought it was nice and refreshing seeing a different place for once for Lan to roam besides ACDC. The new town's theme was also amazing.

Don't you just hate it when your toaster says "lol you can't have Internet anymore" when you're trying to Google something?
Anyway, can someone provide a slow motion gif or webm of Mega Man's teleport animation from Mega Man 3, 4, 6, 9, or 10?

Why not 1, 2, or 5?

I couldn't find a gif, but here's the 9-10 spritesheet.

>tomahawkman
>dumb
fight me

>third
Blue is known as Black in Japan, and it was the second version.
That, and the only differences between White and Black are chip exclusivity, Shadow and Ground styles (which weren't even exclusive, because you could trick one game into giving you the other version's style) and Punk. Oh, and a few colours here and there.

Well I have the spritesheet, it says 1 2 and 5 have different animations. I just wanted to see it in detail do I could recreate it in pivot.

>What if Zero was a furry animal friend.

Rigby, thats Mega Man X, not Mordecai

I tried to see it for myself in 3 but nestopia can only do half speed and that's still too fast.
Anyone with another emulator mind making a webm or something?

EXE3 Black was released in Japan as an "updated re-release" in a similar vein as Super Street Fighter II, right?

It was only in america EXE3 Vanilla and EXE3 Black were sold as deliberate separate versions, MMBN3 White and MMBN3 Blue, right? Or I got it wrong?

He's the exception. Maybe Tenguman too, maybe.

>Shadow and Ground styles (which weren't even exclusive, because you could trick one game into giving you the other version's style)

First time I ever hear of this.

What's the trick/glitch?

I only have found this exe of version 0.6 but I have no idea if that's the most up to date version of Mega Man Perfect Harmony or not
hopefully someone can answer if it is
dropbox.com/s/rvrbie85rv3atpk/MMPH0.6.exe?dl=0

Does it at least work?

It boots up fine for me and didn't find any viruses or anything with scanners
but again no clue if it's the most up to date version since this game is hard to find things on since it's main site is dead

Ah well, I'll just put this version in the fangame wiki for now.

How would it be if the original Bass and his stupid shenanigans met Bass.EXE and his legit evil?

Alrighty everyone I figured out how the teleporting works.

That first tall sprite (which is really the same 8x8 sprite repeated 4 times) appears halfway at the top of the screen when Mega Man enters the stage. It then glides down every frame at a rate I can't quite specify yet, but I have a feeling it moves down 5 or so pixels every frame (Mega Man plays at 60FPS).
Then once it reaches the ground the second set of sprites appear for a frame, then the tall blue one again, then the third set, and then Mega Man appears,

I don't know how useful this might be to anyone out there on the internet but there you go.

MM5 teleport's third frame seems "better", the fact that it lacks the sides on the other games kind of bugs me.

Scratch that, they move down at 16 pixels per frame.
Makes sense considering that it starts 16 pixels in the screen.
Yeah seems like a weird design choice.

Yes, and Yes.

Hold on, I'll have to look it up.

So, why did they thought sneaking softcore smut was a good idea for the MMBN and MMSF animes?

why does he turn into an anvil though

>implying it wasnt
Who is this girl? I've never played BN or SF.
It's just that she kinda looks like Lilly...

That's Princess Pride from the Battle Network series.