* Official Veeky Forums nation tier chart *

I think this is the closest we'll get to agreement, and should thus be used as a consensus we show to newfriends.

Other urls found in this thread:

worldhistoryconnected.press.illinois.edu/6.3/brown.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Streetshitter Gupta empire higher than Byzantines and Ottomans

Really nigger

The first cohesive Indian state, and the Mughals' entire premise was shaky due to their Islamic heritage. The fact it was the first cohesive Indian state supersedes the fact the Byzantines and Ottomans were largely a cultural offshoot of various other ones. The effect of the Gupta Empire is the prevalence of Hinduism today as well as to an extent, Buddhism

The Byzantines existed for 1000 years and during this time Constantinople was often the largest city in Europe. And being the most relevant in Indian history is like being the smartest retard in special ed.

Depresses me that someone out there wasted their time making this meaningless image.

This is so fucking stupid and childish

Where the hell do you think you are nigger?

India's population is 1.1 billion and they will have by far the largest workforce and most desirable worker:pensioner ratio in decades to come. India will, as consequence of this, firstly surpass the United States, then surpass China. Unless it balkanises

Please tell me what long term effect the Byzantines had in the grand scheme of things. Your average young adult probably doesn't know what the Byzantine Empire was, and your average young adult female probably just knows it because its' a hue of purple.

nice argument faggot

>'le not an argument meme'
Inane babblings shouldn't be dignified with a proper rebuttal. It gives retards the false impression that they're on the same level as everyone else.

>British Empire
>top tier
Nice try Tommy.

>Your average young adult probably doesn't know what the Byzantine Empire was

And literally nobody knows your Curry empire, NOBODY.

How do you justify USA being in God-Tier ?

Point out where the image is wrong and I'll concede. if your opinions were transcribed into a similar chart, they'd probably be a lot more biased and factually inaccurate. I considered the various bands and -boos on this board to find a good compromise between accuracy and digestability

>Worlds biggest Empire for 150 years and largest innovator in that important period

No, but literally everyone knows what 'India' is. If Gupta hadn't federalised India and made a bureaucracy to foster culture, modern India would be geographically compromised of more states.

America's produced by a long shot the most patents, the most great novelists, scientists and culture in the previous few decades. America has defined the geopolitical atmosphere to an extent in the late 20th century. American corporations supersede corporations of all other countries which you would notice after one or two trips overseas. The American ethos of energetic positivism and unswerving determinism as well as 'liberty' define the worlds' current philosophical and moral standard. People in modern China, Russia and India are large consumers of American movies. Vice versa? Not at all. Although this is all on the decline, America has untenably made its' mark on the world

USA can into space and relevance.

>Soviet Union and Kingdom of Spain higher then the Dutch Republic, Holy Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire, Carthage

If Space achievement is the criteria, then USSR should also god-tier.

I agree US plays an active role in globalization but this fact relies on Western culture as a whole, not the Declaration of Independence.

Not even a commie / Russiaboo, but the USSR is definitely higher than most of those countries, especially fucking Dutch Republic (lmao). It's literally one of only two real superpowers to ever exist.

It's pretty impressive that a tiny country like the Netherlands accomplished the relevance it did, with a population and industrial base the size of the USSR, it's no surprise they were powerful

Yes, but we're talking uniquely about definitive states and not 'cultures'. I'd say that settler mentality is something new entirely in itself and also coloured itself to become part of 'Western culture' rather than vice versa. The problem with culture is that 'Western culture' would trace back to Rome, Athens and eventually Egypt

Exactly and the only reason it's not in a higher tier is because of its relative shortlivedness and decline

We should rename that filename then. "Civilizations" is a too broad term to highlight what we want. "States ranking" is clearer and more situated, as states are political inventions that can be tracked and documented on an empirical basis (laws, institutions, patents, published knowledges ...). All I want for Veeky Forums is to be fact-based and not ideologically bent.

When I said state I meant nation (i'm french and it's pretty much the same in french).

But nevermind I've just seen the "nations tier" next to the file.
So yeah, "Nations ranking" is more appropriate.

Good point, my bad. Why would you consider the 'West' a 'civilisation'? I think there's lots of independently developed variation within the west and that the 'Western' identity hadn't developed for a long time. For example, I can't really see more cultural common ground between Spain, Russia and England than I could for China, Korea, and Japan, yet 'East Asian civilisation' isn't a concept despite the massive Sinic influence

Cringe.

>tokugawa khanate
>khanate

didnt notice that typo lmao ill fix it

>Definition of Civilization
worldhistoryconnected.press.illinois.edu/6.3/brown.html
tl;dr pic related

Now that I come to think about it, Nation is also ambiguous. If we say Nations it would be, based on Merriam-Webster, study and documents about "a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own."

But this shit is endless because to become associated, people needs to share a culture, ressources, religion, occupations... and we're on Childe's checklist again. So I don't know the difference and the link says anthropologists and historians won't agree on the criteria.

I think Nations is better, because it's more restrictive and it implies a political configuration.

Now how to promote a Veeky Forums guideline chart of Nations that tells the newfags what are the recommanded topics of discussions without discriminating a potential good topic ?

Surely wiping post-1945 constitutions is a safety guard.

This is the actual chart, don't believe the lies

Can we have an own >Implying tier for the HRE?

I really fucking thought we were better than this Veeky Forums i really did.

The only redeaming feature of this, is that great non-white nations/kingdoms/empires/whatever were acknowledged (abassid caliphate).

Even then though...

fuck off, gopnik

>Defenders of Christianity
>Those who live by the sword, die by the sword
>Love your enemies
>Literally every pacifist quote in the New testament

Have fun in the hell you all created.

1.1 billions
... It's a lot of poo

>Being this brainwashed
>Not understanding that the great citizens of the Mogadishu caliphate and the denizens of the ancient kingdoms of the Arabian peninsular all thought the exact same fucking thing.

The USA will be regarded as mid tier in terms of it's achievements in history. I doubt historians a few hundreds of years from now will really even regard our nation individually.

Trying to put states in to tiers is a moronic excercise anyway.

British empire is a joke. If British were so strong with their empire, they should have no problem with France to beat Germany.

The reality is that UK always been a second rank power and have to go outside the europe to find their way. Conquering desert land is not a big deal... Especially if it's inhabits by Bear,snake, spider and abos...

Only gay british still masturbate on muh british empire. Their culture is really poor compared to the Germans, the french and the italians. They are also the one to bring the multiculturalism system, and we don't thanks them for this.

>Florence
>shit tier
are you retarded?

I didn't know the French had a huge European Empire? Wait the Germans and Italians did too?????????????????????????????????????????

/his please enlighten me to the Roman-tier European empires that were brought about and existed while Britain Conquered 1/4 of the world's landmass.

>oh but it was shit-tier
Hmmm, then what made you better?

I don't think so. Even if you throw shit like the sr-71 and nukes into the trash, it has lots of things that make it historically interesting, such as how it simultaneously trying to push for higher human worth and funding small wars for it's entire existence, maybe even breaking records.

>t. holiday destination

>German empire, ottoman
>low tier

Jesus christ what a fucking idiot

Veeky Forums is a slavic inferiority complex compensation board

Stop being delusional, the main thing that will be remembered out of this period (let's say 1991-present (what is not history as of yet) will be the development of Africa and Asia, the Arab Spring and, possibly, the collapse of the EU and subsequently what entails.

Maybe Trump will start a big war and that will slap America in to the history books in to the period known as the information age - 1990-?

>jesus was muh nice guy hippy meme
fuck off heathen

Where the fuck is Mauryan Empire?

>most violent thing Jesus did in his entire life was attack a bunch of moneylenders with a whip
>willingly allowed himself to be crucified
>early Christian church spread primarily with people willingly giving themselves up to the Roman authorities and getting themselves killed

Enjoy your cognitive dissonance.

Give me one quote where he incites violence and doesn't dissuade people from it.

How the fuck is Florence shit tier you dumb fuck. The city that single handedly sparked the Reinassance is shit tier now? Can you name even a tenth of the great writers, artists and politicians Florence birthed? Are you even aware of the political importance of the De Medici damily troughout all of Italy and beyond? Should I even fucking remind you that they married into the De Valois? Should I even fucking remind you that they were the bankers of the pope, and in a feat of political shrewdness used this to threathen excommunication upon their opponents all the way to power?
Get your shit checked, your ignorance is showing, as if putting
>U
>S
>A
among god tiers wasn't enough a proof.

>And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

So Jesus will make people who "keep his works unto the end" break the nations (gentiles) like pottery with an iron rod.

Tis here

>United State of America

Am I lost? Am I on /int/? Is this why Veeky Forums sucks now?

Why would anyone waste their time on such a subjective chart. It is literallyliterally all opinions

It's so obvious that an American made this image.

Butthurt yuropoor detected. Face it, America is the greatest country to ever exist. We are more powerful than any country in history, before, now and after.

Power =/= Greatness