cool..
but what kind of money do YOU make?

jokes on you my psychologist makes triple that

>mfw math major
>1 year at fortune 500
>$20 per hour

just kill me now, I thought there would be 300k starting

$120 an hour to be exact

the fact that someone can make $100 an hour and still have nothing better to do than go on this website, maybe money really can't buy happiness afterall.

I'm cleaning some of my funs and enjoy shitposting. I've been here since 2005.

I'm not sure if you're lying. How much could one get starting with a Finance/Econ major at a fortune 200 or 500 company. Tbh I don't know much about the market.

Anywhere from 20-40 bucks an hour, usually. I started off at 20 as a paid intern, and after a year from graduation was making 43.

Meh my net worth is higher than it's ever been and I've found myself on Veeky Forums more than usual and even worrying about finances more than usual.

When I lived paycheck to paycheck I strangely enjoyed everything more

What would I have to do to eventually make as much as you?

>be smart
>be personable
>be friendly and always have a positive attitude that rubs off on people
>be hardworking and always looking for a way to improve yourself
>be lucky

Thanks.

How hard would it be to start at a junior college and graduate with two majors?

Not hard at all. That's what I did. I went to a pretty good CC, although I would say half of the people there were in highschool 2.0. Don't hang around them. Hang around those who are serious about going to a four year after they get their prerequisites done.

What is one thing that would help to get ahead of the curve in this field? What exactly is it that you do?

see

I saw that. I was asking about something that a veteran has that other people applying wouldn't have, like a skill. My other question was about what he does.

Be able to show how you can take complex quantitative data and turn it into useful qualitative decisions and not be a sperg about it. I was able to take some benifits data and allow my boss to shave 10% off what we were spending in one area and that was THE inflection point of my career.

What is your job?

Is that what the kids call sucking dick these days?

lets just say i am an upper level person in benefits

I see, what did you start as?

entry level HR analyst

What is the best starting position after I get an econ/finance major?

Shit. I don't know. If you got some connections and are really good you could probably start out at 40 an hour. After a few years 80.

Cool thanks for all the advice. Definitely considering this now, I start cc in 18 weeks. My other option is petroleum engineering.

>petroleum engineering.

That was very lucrative, probably still is. Finance/econ is even more so if you can find your way to the top. There is a reason so many CEO's major in econ.

>study social sciences
>2 months in a fortune 500 company
>€12 an hour + anti social hour over time because shift work (regular schedule though)

Pretty chill desu.

>starting at $80k a year

riiiiiiiiiiiight...

this is pretty true, i know for a fact that when i finally become finacially independent ill probably want to die just a bit more cause i wont have anything to work towards

As me how as a grad accountant I make 100k per quarter.

How do you make 100k a quarter as an accountant grad?

That's a decade-old Veeky Forums meme. Lucky you if you get $40+ an hour

Want to know if anyone is making money off an online stuff. I do internet marketing and it is going pretty well what about you?

Why would someone every pay an accountant 100k per year?

>be lucky
This is all you had to post.

Probably from cooking the books to steal clients money

>be taking time off school after graduating high school
>get a part time job and save some money
>enroll into my local community college
>major is business (finance)
>take my first math class, intermediate algebra
>been two years since i've took it
>can't even remember how to do percentages
>struggle through entire course
>realize I have to do calculus for this major
>know i'm gonna fail that

feelsbadman.jpg I've never been a math person but I was always smart enough to bullshit my way to an A at least in the math subjects back in high school. Now i'm just feel stupid and wonder if I'm putting myself up for failure and is just in denial.

So how many hours do you work a day? 3?

I don't know how math is going to be in second year of CS, maybe we can team up

Mechanical Engineer, moving into Aerospace Engineering soon.

imo prospects look really good, most people going into coding and shit now, but within 2030 I expect the aerospace industry to really hit the top, lots to do with new satellite launches to replace obsolete ones, drones, wind energy even. New fighter jets, planes have to be developed, and the aerodynamics are also transferrable to chassis design for new sustainable transport vehicles.

Kaching!

That would be nice